Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People might sell they're merit points.  (Read 1839 times)
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:29:09 AM

It is against the rules and you can't do it. I am pretty sure it will be obvious too who sold and for how much and besides why would you want to risk a ban for merit points? Write quality posts and everything will be fine. This  helps get rid of the spam, this is what we all want isnt' it?  Smiley
And how to distinguish a quality message from a non-quality one? After all, this concept is quite subjective. I, for example, may like this your message, I will send you a few units of merit. Another will consider that this message is generally of poor quality and therefore suspected me that I sold these services to you. Is it still someone I have to prove that I did not sell them, or what? And how do you prove that a person sold other services to someone else, if there is no obvious evidence? All this is not easy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lyledark10

Activity: 56
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:30:22 AM

Im newbie here and I saw merits.. I dont understand it.. I even research in google but I couldnt find any answer..
Merit is the point given by others if your post is considered useful and quality.
This Merit is a key requirement to improve your account ranking. Merit is given to you by other user if your post are very constructive and meaningful. There are Merit and sMerit. Merit is the points given to while sMerit is sendable Merit which you can send this to other users.
syahdurindu

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:39:02 AM

This merit mechanism is still under test, and we should not make that explicit because it helps us to have more quality posts than just those that make no sense. Of course, we can also make suggestions, after all, this is only in the testing process.
yes i agree with you, this merit system is very confusing especially for me its always hard to understand bitcoin world, i think it would be hard to get merit from others Sad
Maybe if I do not get a reward then my device will not go up, but I'm not pessimistic, we have to keep the spirit, we follow the rules, try to work as well as possible and give quality posts, may someone give me some merit..

RENTMONEY

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:40:09 AM

I think Merit should be a vote system. Put a + next to merit and allow members of the forum to click it and each time its clicked the poster will gain 1 merit point. One vote per user per post.

The above system allows all  forum users to decide who gets merit. Limit the voting system to Jr. Plus members to help stop spamming of new accounts for the purpose of  gaining merit. You could also limit the amount merit any single poster can give to another during a 30 day cycle.

I believe the above is a better system.

[/center]
Bank 4YOU Group ▪ Mobile Money for 2,000,000,000 unbanked people ▪ ICO LIVE! (https://bank4you.io/)
selfsell office team

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:41:50 AM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.

Malicious brush experience and low-end topic is indeed a headache, no matter how the Forum changes the problem will always exist, but the forum will do its utmost to limit and reduce the existence of these activities, my personal performance and this is great A design
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:46:24 AM

I'm really not sure how people are thinking that people will be able to sell or trade this merrit points. I am sure the higher ups have all this thought out in great detail before this change.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
ar72

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:48:34 AM

Is it difficult to get merit? Will you give your merit if you doesn't know them? Do you have any objection? I think so. I agree that merit will be sold and bought. So it will be a transaction and we can get reward not only from bounty, but also merit. Good luck for lower level like me and the other hehe
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:15:04 AM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.
If you have proof of someone abusing the merit system post your proof in the meta section of the forum and they will be red tagged, now if the newbie you are speaking about it made a good series of posts, then that is just a person adding value to the forum and being rewarded by it, if that is the case than that is just the merit system working as intended by the forum administrator.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:16:16 AM

Im newbie here and I saw merits.. I dont understand it.. I even research in google but I couldnt find any answer..

A merit is like a points or vote what you posted by someone who has merit points.
It's new thing in this forum. Just like activity points it is needed for you to rank up. The merit thing encourage us to post constructively, so the forum will be informative.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:36:23 AM
Merited by bL4nkcode (3)

Merit is the point given by others if your post is considered useful and quality.
This Merit is a key requirement to improve your account ranking. Merit is given to you by other user if your post are very constructive and meaningful.
absolutely theymos want others to study hard to get merit points.  And i agree on it cause its a big help to avoid shitposters and to prevent negative trust, so the most who have useful and constructive post will obtain merit to rank up. That's why we need  to study what are the circumstance and the common problem here in forum. To gain more merit and to have a contribution here in forum.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:37:01 AM

Sure it is hard to gain merit from other people here maybe because they don't just feel like giving it to someone. But on the other side, i don't think that this change is not totally unfair because it will actually encourage members to make quality posts and not just spammy comments like "i agree with you" and comments that don't contribute to a certain topic. Lets take some time for everyone to adjust with the new system and maybe for a short time people will definitely give merits to somebody afterall according to its mechanics if you don't use your sendable merits, the moderators have the rights to decay it in the future so just keeping it without using is actually disadvantageous.

Advicerabi

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:05:40 AM

I don't want to judge whether one person is getting the right way or not. If we really have evidence someone get the merit by not properly we can report it at meta forums.

Although now feels more and more difficult to be able to level up, but this would further sharpen our ability to provide the best, that would impact this forum better.

And for a member that has the smerit to can give it properly, because if we incorrectly gave smerit then people who don't deserve it will level up and later will only make this forum become ugly
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:14:03 AM

Have you attempted selling your merit points?  How will you get it back when you need it? Are the points just being given indiscriminately? Before we post assumptions,  let's reason because I am sure those who put the system in place were thoughtful..

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:19:23 AM

Actual a good point noted that people might try buying and selling of merit points to rank up. Each system has a positive and a negative perspective as the merit system would help decreasing shit posts and help increase post quality but there are some people who would definitely try ruining the merit system too. The merit was just implemented 3 days ago so  Theymos might come up with something to tackle the point of selling and buying merits. So for now let's continue with the merit system and focus on the positive part.
PIR

Activity: 322

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:23:59 AM

well I think for me this new merit points is not intended to sell or what it was given to recognize one's post and to encourage everyone to keep it up, whatever they're going good.. it is to boost our self to do even better I guess it is also good so that everyone would strive and that what they're doing is being notice.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
tententen

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:25:29 AM

All systems can be gamed.  Im not sure what wouldnt incentivize someone to transfer market to a newbie account, so I suppose Im missing something here.
goocoin

Activity: 175
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:30:41 AM

So I think this merit mechanism is unfair, because it would allow those legendary or heroic users to profit from the merit mechanisms, and not to upgrade those who can not afford it.

Although the performance point will be more troublesome, but the system is not perfect. However, I think this mechanism is fair and it avoids the possibility of machine brushing.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:16:46 AM

Well I haven't been here very long but I see now I was given some merit by someone so thank you whomever you are. I really had no idea about it. I guess this thread has helped, I shall now be on guard to give merit when possible. I've gotten some good info here, in the forum that is.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:23:48 AM

This is the one that has been a highlight in meta section, but the team has already set a plan to tackle this problem, all of the merit point is visible so there will be people watching whether the merit given is normal or not, and I heard there will be permanent ban for the one that caught sell merit

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
xugzr272186

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:25:21 AM

Account upgrade now not only requires a certain number of stickers, you also need someone to point merit points.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: