Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:39:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People might sell they're merit points.  (Read 1852 times)
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1344
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:37:03 AM

Yes people might sell their merit points but with time situation will get better. The merit points will get scarce with time and will be in hands of higher level members who will not risk their account credibility for earning few bucks by selling these merits.

Basically, the new system is designed in a way that will keep getting better on its own. Also, some of the members also got negative trust based on suspicion for merit farming. So, the higher ranks members are already doing their best.

sureshotcoin

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:40:26 AM

Merit need to considered bitcointalk forum is world largest communicated forum with earning opportunity it should have its legacy forever
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:49:17 AM

in my opinion if this will happen it will be a bad system of criteria, how about the people give effort in every post to give a chance or hope to be ranked up. so if this issue happen then sorry for everyone that cant afford to buy merit.
vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:00:53 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 10:05:29 AM by vhiancs

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.
I think the newbie has a merit it's because of it's quality posts or maybe they also have alternative accounts and they gave their account one merit. And if someone sells merit it is certain that anyone who sells merit will be blamed. mr. Theymos upgrade the system to control shitposts, spam posts and specially to offset the quality posts. Selling of merit is prohibited.
beezunus

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:04:19 AM

Hello guys i saw some newbie has a merit points haha.what do you think?they buy it or not?because anyone who had merit points can be transfer to other people or sell them to other people.

I do not think we need to buy or sell merit because it will make us risky and become unfair, all we have to do is make good post and quality so it will be advantageous for us if anyone give merit to us.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:05:01 AM

I think people will use this opportunity and moderators or developers of this forum will stop it somehow.
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:12:25 AM

Im newbie here and I saw merits.. I dont understand it.. I even research in google but I couldnt find any answer..
Hi you can read about merit here in this forum.theres a lot of information that you can read about merit.This is a new way  to protect the forum against spamming..You need to get a merit points to be able to go on a higher rank.
Angna27

Activity: 406

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:39:42 AM

Well I guess this merit award or point whatever you call it to given for us guys as notification that our job or post is being recognize, it was given purposely to praise you for your good post and for those who has not so high merit will get a chance to do even better quality post, well I hope this will not bring discrimination at all, What am I saying it is was intended for good not to harm.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:50:31 AM

Im newbie here and I saw merits.. I dont understand it.. I even research in google but I couldnt find any answer..
Hi you can read about merit here in this forum.theres a lot of information that you can read about merit.This is a new way  to protect the forum against spamming..You need to get a merit points to be able to go on a higher rank.

Really ? Thanks for your information. I think this is great, forums will be safe from spamming accounts, so we do not have to fear one day the number of posts we will be deleted, because the thread we reply is spam. And also great for reducing the workload of moderators to take care of dummy accounts.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:04:55 AM

I think you would buy it , and basically still researching this what so called the merrit (smerit). And people who have merit have a chance to rank up you need a merit same as your activity right now. So ofcourse many people will sell it just to rank up.
felixfortunato

Activity: 6
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:15:28 AM

Yes people might sell their merit points but with time situation will get better. The merit points will get scarce with time and will be in hands of higher level members who will not risk their account credibility for earning few bucks by selling these merits.

Basically, the new system is designed in a way that will keep getting better on its own. Also, some of the members also got negative trust based on suspicion for merit farming. So, the higher ranks members are already doing their best.

I will like to quote your post just so that it might get notice by new members that are reading this thread, you seem to answer most of the concerns that are being posted by users below you. I think this is one of the reason why the merit system was created in the first place, people are not reading previous posts, they just seem to answer questions that are being posted by the OP and not interact with posts that are being posted before them. I'm just new here but I've notice this happening in a lot of threads.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

it is prohibited to sell merits becauseit was mention by luptin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0. ..and its unfair for the users that doing their best to help the forum and accepting no merits,while those nonsense account that only do spamming and shitposting would gain merits because of buying from other accounts.this is not tolerable at all
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:45:30 AM

The only unfair thing about merits in m opinion is making it a requiremnt to ranking up, there are plenty of poeple who are constanly posting some productive posts and people don't give them merit, so they don't rank up as fast as others, while people with multiple accounts who are always spamming the forum could abuse this system and get into campaigns and rank up before those who actually stick to the rules.

What Shenzou said is on point and I totally agree. Some of the people here have been posting constructively ever since they joined but they go unnoticed since they are unpopular. A lot does not receive the recognition they deserve and I hope the merit system changes that. Also, I do understand that this will encourage people to construct valuable posts. However, it would be hard for the new members because they are not yet considered as credible due to the fact they are new. I hope they get a chance to prove themselves and have a chance to gain merits so that they could move forward in this forum.
edsnow2017

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:58:25 AM

The only unfair thing about merits in m opinion is making it a requiremnt to ranking up, there are plenty of poeple who are constanly posting some productive posts and people don't give them merit, so they don't rank up as fast as others, while people with multiple accounts who are always spamming the forum could abuse this system and get into campaigns and rank up before those who actually stick to the rules.

What Shenzou said is on point and I totally agree. Some of the people here have been posting constructively ever since they joined but they go unnoticed since they are unpopular. A lot does not receive the recognition they deserve and I hope the merit system changes that. Also, I do understand that this will encourage people to construct valuable posts. However, it would be hard for the new members because they are not yet considered as credible due to the fact they are new. I hope they get a chance to prove themselves and have a chance to gain merits so that they could move forward in this forum.

Yes I just thought out if someone is posting some valuable post and created constructively and because of unpopularity he/she can't rank up I think that merit score should not be a requirements for ranking up or maybe merit points can be earn automatically if the systems detects that it was a valuable post something like that because it's become hard to someone to earn merit scores if he/she got unnoticed in the forum. Because if merit score will be earned from someone then It was really hard then.

just my opinion I hope it will be get better.
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:59:09 AM

Selling smerits is possible, well, others may use it to earn more, but it is something that must not be done. If this situation will happen, the essence of this new system will not be valued. Actually, I was against at first with having this new system in which, you need to receive merits to rank up because it's quite a hassle, but, after some time of thinking, it might be good for everyone. With this, spamming will be prevented and having multiple accounts will also be discouraged. So, let's just look forward for its good effect in this community.

Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:01:34 AM

There will be always people who will abuse the sistem...there are people doing it for trust rating, account farming and such. This doesent mean that the sistem is not good or something... just be fair and stop thinking at these kind of things.
almaroof

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:02:08 AM

How do i earn the merit point?
edsnow2017

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:04:33 AM

people that will be found out that were selling and buying merit score just to earn money and get higher ranks should be banned in the forum because greedy are polluting the forum.  
adjudicator

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:07:43 AM

Yeah,I think that too. Newbies that have a new account has a merit in which some of then are selling their merit to earn money. I think if this will spread all over in this site, I think they must be banned or what so ever.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
akhilsh6896

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:13:56 AM

You did not consider that a person might be a newbie here but not in cryptoworld. Also, newcomers might have a different and smart perspective.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: