Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:05:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Upgrade  (Read 34947 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:56:11 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 06:37:00 PM by QuestionAuthority

I don’t have much Merit to give but I’m going to give it up until it’s all gone. I’m not sure if this is the right section for this thread because I’m not really selling anything. It’s about accounts so I’ll just leave it here until someone decides to move it. I don’t know if this is wrong to do. I don’t care if I get negative trust for doing this because I don’t buy anything here, sell anything here, join signature campaigns or post routinely in threads that even show the trust rating. Essentially I don’t make money here so I don’t use trust anyway.

I felt sorry for SOME of the members that posted in the merit thread. They seemed to be fairly articulate, fairly knowledgeable, rational and really trying to be members of this group of dreamers (community).

Here’s how it’s going to work. You’re not just going to beg for merit and I give it. Do not PM me and offer to pay me for merit points. Your money means nothing to me. I have given away more bitcoin than you will likely earn while on this forum (just ask Gleb Gamow if you don’t believe me). I will report you to a mod that will give you negative trust for being a potential scammer. You will ask me to research your post history and direct me to 10-20 posts that you believe show you have a deep desire to learn about, use, and support bitcoin. I will then ask you a couple of questions about how bitcoin works and you will answer them. I don’t care if you take some time to research the answer if you come up with the correct answer. That just means I’ve made you learn more about bitcoin than you knew previously.

Bitcoin does not mean altcoin. I know altcoins are more popular on this forum than bitcoin. I don’t care. I will only help bitcoiners level up. If most of your post history is in altcoin threads I won’t help you. I do not consider Bitcoin Cash to be bitcoin. If you don’t know what the real bitcoin is then you haven’t been here long enough for me to help you. Which leads me to the group I’m willing to help.

Rank                  Required activity            Required merit
Brand new                    0                            0
Newbie                         1                            0
Jr Member                   30                            0
Member                       60                           10
Full Member                120                           100
Sr. Member                 240                           250
Hero Member              480                           500

New members, Newbies, Jr Members and Members don’t need any merit. They don’t have enough post history to judge so I won’t be helping them.

Full members, Sr. Members and Hero Members really got screwed with the merit system. Some of them were really close to leveling up and now have to wait until they’ve impressed the right person to probably get only one merit point from them. The most extreme case of this is Hero Member. They may need hundreds of merit points to level up which could take a very long time to get.

You will be working for 20 merit points. Good luck to all. I will announce when they’re gone and lock the thread.

I will no longer be responding to off-topic posts in this thread. If you fail to get a response from me you can reread this post to find out why.

Here is the link to a thread where you can earn merit while you learn about bitcoin. Many thanks to pugman and bill gator for their hard work and generosity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2968050.0

Here is the link to a thread where altcoin miners can earn merit. Many thanks to philipma1957 for helping out people in the altcoin section. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2970278.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Godwans

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Heya Homies

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:03:51 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

I don’t have much Merit to give but I’m going to give it up until it’s all gone. I’m not sure if this is the right section for this thread because I’m not really selling anything. It’s about accounts so I’ll just leave it here until someone decides to move it. I don’t know if this is wrong to do. I don’t care if I get negative trust for doing this because I don’t buy anything here, sell anything here, join signature campaigns or post routinely in threads that even show the trust rating. Essentially I don’t make money here so I don’t use trust anyway.

I felt sorry for SOME of the members that posted in the merit thread. They seemed to be fairly articulate, fairly knowledgeable, rational and really trying to be members of this group of dreamers (community).

Here’s how it’s going to work. You’re not just going to beg for merit and I give it. Do not PM me and offer to pay me for merit points. Your money means nothing to me. I have given away more bitcoin than you will likely earn while on this forum (just ask Gleb Gamow if you don’t believe me). I will report you to a mod that will give you negative trust for being a potential scammer. You will ask me to research your post history and direct me to 10-20 posts that you believe show you have a deep desire to learn about, use, and support bitcoin. I will then ask you a couple of questions about how bitcoin works and you will answer them. I don’t care if you take some time to research the answer if you come up with the correct answer. That just means I’ve made you learn more about bitcoin than you knew previously.

Bitcoin does not mean altcoin. I know altcoins are more popular on this forum than bitcoin. I don’t care. I will only help bitcoiners level up. If most of your post history is in altcoin threads I won’t help you. I do not consider Bitcoin Cash to be bitcoin. If you don’t know what the real bitcoin is then you haven’t been here long enough for me to help you. Which leads me to the group I’m willing to help.

Rank                  Required activity            Required merit
Brand new                    0                            0
Newbie                         1                            0
Jr Member                   30                            0
Member                       60                           10
Full Member                120                           100
Sr. Member                 240                           250
Hero Member              480                           500

New members, Newbies, Jr Members and Members don’t need any merit. They don’t have enough post history to judge so I won’t be helping them.

Full members, Sr. Members and Hero Members really got screwed with the merit system. Some of them were really close to leveling up and now have to wait until they’ve impressed the right person to probably get only one merit point from them. The most extreme case of this is Hero Member. They may need hundreds of merit points to level up which could take a very long time to get.

You will be working for 20 merit points. Good luck to all. I will announce when they’re gone and lock the thread.

If you don't care about the things i care about, just go away..
Wow! How..er..um..Legendary?
Sheesh.

This is my siggy
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:09:52 PM
Merited by RJX (1), Godwans (1)

Sheesh.

I still believe this is a bitcoin forum. When I first came to this forum there were no altcoins. I believe every time another altcoin is born it dilutes bitcoins user base slightly. You are asking me to give you something for free. You're not paying so you can’t modify the rules. Maybe someone in the altcoin section will do the same thing someday. If you borrow my car for free instead of renting it you can’t bitch because I won’t let you smoke cigarettes in it.

Godwans

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Heya Homies

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:14:09 PM

Sheesh.

I still believe this is a bitcoin forum. When I first came to this forum there were no altcoins. I believe every time another altcoin is born it dilutes bitcoins user base slightly. You are asking me to give you something for free. You're not paying so you can’t modify the rules. Maybe someone in the altcoin section will do the same thing someday. If you borrow my car for free instead of renting it you can’t bitch because I won’t let you smoke cigarettes in it.

I gave you a merit for clearly showing people that their fear of bias (as to how merit will be distributed) is warranted

+1

This is my siggy
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:20:31 PM

Sheesh.

I gave you a merit for clearly showing people that their fear of bias (as to how merit will be distributed) is warranted

+1

Thanks, and I will pass that on to someone that needs it. I agree with you. The system is unfair to some people. That’s what I’m doing with this thread. I’m leveling the playing field. I’m sure you will get to the level you want someday. I’m not against lower ranks. Some of the better people here are below Member status from what I’ve seen. They just aren’t as hurt by the merit system as the upper ranks are.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 03:36:00 PM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20), Mitchell (5), Wowcoin (5)

I'm not applying because I don't really care about becoming a Hero. If I was I would have been more consistently active over the last 5 years. I just wanted to say good on you for recognising it's the higher up members that just missed out on ranking up that it hurts the most. From having a few days or weeks to suddenly looking at probably years to get 250 or 500 more merits.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:46:07 PM
Merited by yefi (1)

I'm not applying because I don't really care about becoming a Hero. If I was I would have been more consistently active over the last 5 years. I just wanted to say good on you for recognising it's the higher up members that just missed out on ranking up that it hurts the most. From having a few days or weeks to suddenly looking at probably years to get 250 or 500 more merits.

You should apply. You are definitely in the zone.

It’s not that I don’t appreciate what the administration is trying to do and I don’t have a better solution to the problem. I just see it being unfair to some people. Maybe if a mod could do what I’m doing and review some cases they could award merit on those people that deserve it. They would be more fair of course, giving to all equally and not just bitcoiners. 

xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:29:50 PM

If it pours rain some folks are happy like farmers they say its a blessing but not to some specially if you're in a city, just like the merits system...  try me, id love to be tested about my knowledge on bitcoin, though i admit the merit system really hurt   Smiley

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:35:35 PM

If it pours rain some folks are happy like farmers they say its a blessing but not to some specially if you're in a city, just like the merits system...  try me, id love to be tested about my knowledge on bitcoin, though i admit the merit system really hurt   Smiley

Let’s start with this: Lead me to some of your older posts that you feel good about, when you realized you liked bitcoin and you want to be here because you want to know more.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 04:48:28 PM

I like this idea QA and I'll create a similar thread like this soonish. In the mean time I've given you and TheQuin some merit and I might give some more to other people that post here if you don't mind QA.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:57:10 PM

I like this idea QA and I'll create a similar thread like this soonish. In the mean time I've given you and TheQuin some merit and I might give some more to other people that post here if you don't mind QA.

Thanks, I’ll pass that along and please do. I want good people to level up. I miss the old days when there were people on this forum that could actually debate something because they understood bitcoin. Even when I was wrong I learned something with every debate.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12885

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:06:49 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), ABCbits (1)

I agree with this approach. I considered giving merit proportional to activity, but I decided not to because doing so would probably give far more undeserved merit than deserved merit in total. But undoubtedly some people got screwed by this, and if they have decent posts, by all means, give them the 250 or 500 merit that they need to rank-up.

I also agree with the idea of (free) "reviewer" topics in general, for finding high-quality posts that went unnoticed. Barcode_ created one in the Chinese section, as well.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:16:53 PM

I agree with this approach. I considered giving merit proportional to activity, but I decided not to because doing so would probably give far more undeserved merit than deserved merit in total. But undoubtedly some people got screwed by this, and if they have decent posts, by all means, give them the 250 or 500 merit that they need to rank-up.

I also agree with the idea of (free) "reviewer" topics in general, for finding high-quality posts that went unnoticed. Barcode_ created one in the Chinese section, as well.

Great and thanks for the support. Have mods send people to this thread that do not have time to do the research but think someone is deserving.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:34:26 PM
Merited by Aikidoka (2)

I know you didn’t ask for it but I just reviewed your post history. You’re knowledgeable, appreciate bitcoin, helpful to people that need it, not looking for a quick scam and seem to really want to be here for the right reasons. Even though I don’t agree with everything you said, you're the kind of person that should be here.

Awarded 20 merit points to your post. Remember when you pass this on, don’t just give it to people you agree with, give it to people that can add something to the conversation, right or wrong. People learn more from being wrong than they do from being right.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12885

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:39:42 PM

Please try to merit posts that other people might find interesting, since top-merited posts show up on the stats.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:44:59 PM

Please try to merit posts that other people might find interesting, since top-merited posts show up on the stats.

Will do.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:47:02 PM

I like the idea as well. Not sure if this merit system will work or cause more issues but will give it a chance.
I may also take up QA's quest so others will have a chance to contribute.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3602

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:05:19 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 08:30:36 PM by hugeblack
Merited by Mrnat (1)

hope all start thinking like this.
80% of total merits send to meta posts and Legendary accounts (by this way most of accounts will stoped and a few will rank up).
we need more time to know how people will use this system.
you can support this member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819141.0

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:34:20 PM

hope all start thinking like this.
80% of total merits send to meta posts and Legendary accounts (by this way most of accounts will stoped and a few will rank up).
you can support this member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819141.0

I hope so too. Sorry, but I can’t support bill gator because he’s giving merit to sig campaign managers. Thanks for stopping by though.

omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:51:21 AM

I like altcoins because i can exchange these for bitcoins. Merit system may work great for quality as people said. But the Merit distribution could have been a little more fair. Rank is important for the signature bounty only. The users who like blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies can find other bounty solutions like blog articles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: