Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:02:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Upgrade  (Read 34952 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:56:33 AM

I'm not applying because I don't really care about becoming a Hero. If I was I would have been more consistently active over the last 5 years. I just wanted to say good on you for recognising it's the higher up members that just missed out on ranking up that it hurts the most. From having a few days or weeks to suddenly looking at probably years to get 250 or 500 more merits.

You should apply. You are definitely in the zone.

It’s not that I don’t appreciate what the administration is trying to do and I don’t have a better solution to the problem. I just see it being unfair to some people. Maybe if a mod could do what I’m doing and review some cases they could award merit on those people that deserve it. They would be more fair of course, giving to all equally and not just bitcoiners. 

I like what you are doing. I won't be able to get none because most of my history is in altcoins, but thanks I going to start to participate in the bitcoin forum. I did start studying about the blockchain such as the concept and the code. I manage to understand how to make private and public keys, public key hashes and etc., but when I got to transaction I got loss. I might look up some youtube videos on this. Anyway keep up the good work and I hope other senior or legendary member start doing this.

Thank you for the kind words and support. I really hope others start doing this too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:23:11 AM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20)

What a place to be their as I was looking for some information and just got clicked in this thread and realized it is answering some of the basic question as well for the people who are into bitcoin along with the points too. Well I came into this crytpo as my friend had introduced me the bitcoin last year and after researching then started to invest in it as I started seeing a huge scope this coin has and also today we have all the other crypto coins is due to the bitcoin. Through this tough time btc has gone through in last couple of months where the market crashed but I stayed strong by holding my coins and today seeing the market started to rise always feel that staying invested does pay you and bitcoin will definitely reward you much bigger in coming time. It is going to take me sometime to rank up but will be a worthy one for sure to start with this thread.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1089505;sa=showPosts

Your posts are adequate but could probably improve. That is most likely because English isn’t your native language. You don’t post in a local sub so I can’t tell where your from. You seem very morally centered and honest. You try to help people when you can. You spend much of your time in gambling discussions. I like to gamble too. Probably a little too much for my own good.

I have one question for you. If you don’t mind me asking, what country are you from? I ask because you posted that sometimes your village loses electricity and internet for long periods.

I am from India though currently in urban areas so it is a better place where you have electricity and everything but still in our areas where I belong which is rural area of the country do face the electricity cuts and as a result Internet goes off. Yes English is not my native language but I still keep on practicing it so that it improves and become more better.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

You’re right. There used to be a bitcoiner here named JoelKatz. He was a very knowledgeable bitcoin supporter and left here to become Chief Cryptographer at Ripple, the company behind the Ripple settlement network. He said it best: Bitcoin has no central control: no central repository of information, no central management, and, crucially, no central point of failure. Most of the actual services and businesses built within the Bitcoin ecosystem are centralized. They are run by specific people, in specific locations, with specific computer systems. That does not make bitcoin centralized.

20 merit points awarded

Thanks for the merit. And thanks also for the input. I guess those actual services and businesses built within the Bitcoin ecosystem are what makes some people to misunderstand and classify bitcoin as not been fully decentralized. I see.
We should be seeing more of your posts, on informations about bitcoin. Most people like me will be needing it to know more. Thanks again, though.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:23:35 PM

What a place to be their as I was looking for some information and just got clicked in this thread and realized it is answering some of the basic question as well for the people who are into bitcoin along with the points too. Well I came into this crytpo as my friend had introduced me the bitcoin last year and after researching then started to invest in it as I started seeing a huge scope this coin has and also today we have all the other crypto coins is due to the bitcoin. Through this tough time btc has gone through in last couple of months where the market crashed but I stayed strong by holding my coins and today seeing the market started to rise always feel that staying invested does pay you and bitcoin will definitely reward you much bigger in coming time. It is going to take me sometime to rank up but will be a worthy one for sure to start with this thread.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1089505;sa=showPosts

Your posts are adequate but could probably improve. That is most likely because English isn’t your native language. You don’t post in a local sub so I can’t tell where your from. You seem very morally centered and honest. You try to help people when you can. You spend much of your time in gambling discussions. I like to gamble too. Probably a little too much for my own good.

I have one question for you. If you don’t mind me asking, what country are you from? I ask because you posted that sometimes your village loses electricity and internet for long periods.

I am from India though currently in urban areas so it is a better place where you have electricity and everything but still in our areas where I belong which is rural area of the country do face the electricity cuts and as a result Internet goes off. Yes English is not my native language but I still keep on practicing it so that it improves and become more better.

I think your English is doing fine. 20 merit points awarded.

Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:13:10 PM

This is a great idea for merit distribution. I would like to see something like this on a larger scale where users can apply to have previous posts vetted and merit assigned (maybe on an information at the time basis). I've definitely read a number of posts that i feel should have got merit, however I do not have the power to show my appreciation, then looked at other posts by the user and see they have contributed without reward (especially as some posts are before the merit regime). Maybe this is something to be addressed by the 'merit sources', perhaps each member could get an allocation of SMerit to be given every month.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:20:42 PM

I don’t have much Merit to give but I’m going to give it up until it’s all gone. I’m not sure if this is the right section for this thread because I’m not really selling anything. It’s about accounts so I’ll just leave it here until someone decides to move it. I don’t know if this is wrong to do. I don’t care if I get negative trust for doing this because I don’t buy anything here, sell anything here, join signature campaigns or post routinely in threads that even show the trust rating. Essentially I don’t make money here so I don’t use trust anyway.

I felt sorry for SOME of the members that posted in the merit thread. They seemed to be fairly articulate, fairly knowledgeable, rational and really trying to be members of this group of dreamers (community).

Here’s how it’s going to work. You’re not just going to beg for merit and I give it. Do not PM me and offer to pay me for merit points. Your money means nothing to me. I have given away more bitcoin than you will likely earn while on this forum (just ask Gleb Gamow if you don’t believe me). I will report you to a mod that will give you negative trust for being a potential scammer. You will ask me to research your post history and direct me to 10-20 posts that you believe show you have a deep desire to learn about, use, and support bitcoin. I will then ask you a couple of questions about how bitcoin works and you will answer them. I don’t care if you take some time to research the answer if you come up with the correct answer. That just means I’ve made you learn more about bitcoin than you knew previously.

Bitcoin does not mean altcoin. I know altcoins are more popular on this forum than bitcoin. I don’t care. I will only help bitcoiners level up. If most of your post history is in altcoin threads I won’t help you. I do not consider Bitcoin Cash to be bitcoin. If you don’t know what the real bitcoin is then you haven’t been here long enough for me to help you. Which leads me to the group I’m willing to help.

Rank                  Required activity            Required merit
Brand new                    0                            0
Newbie                         1                            0
Jr Member                   30                            0
Member                       60                           10
Full Member                120                           100
Sr. Member                 240                           250
Hero Member              480                           500

New members, Newbies, Jr Members and Members don’t need any merit. They don’t have enough post history to judge so I won’t be helping them.

Full members, Sr. Members and Hero Members really got screwed with the merit system. Some of them were really close to leveling up and now have to wait until they’ve impressed the right person to probably get only one merit point from them. The most extreme case of this is Hero Member. They may need hundreds of merit points to level up which could take a very long time to get.

You will be working for 20 merit points. Good luck to all. I will announce when they’re gone and lock the thread.
I like your idea about  Merit system and i think most people will support your idea and most people will get fair Merits for to up next rank with your good idea  and they will say to you thank you !
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:42:56 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 11:58:31 PM by Last of the V8s

I don't quite think my own posts qualify for your offer, though you're welcome to browse through obviously and encourage me to do the work if you consider me worthy.
Mostly I post in the infamous Wall Observer thread, and this community within a community is pretty short of merit, despite some excellent posts.
Newbies come to learn about trading, end up learning all sorts of other things, including bitcoin. Fud is rugby-tackled to the ground. Shitcoin shills are laughed off the park. All sorts of good stuff.
So will mention your thread over there, and may God have mercy on your soul.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:56:34 AM

I like your idea about  Merit system and i think most people will support your idea and most people will get fair Merits for to up next rank with your good idea  and they will say to you thank you !

I agree, I think the merit system will work well. Thanks for your input.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:14:50 AM

This is a great idea for merit distribution. I would like to see something like this on a larger scale where users can apply to have previous posts vetted and merit assigned (maybe on an information at the time basis). I've definitely read a number of posts that i feel should have got merit, however I do not have the power to show my appreciation, then looked at other posts by the user and see they have contributed without reward (especially as some posts are before the merit regime). Maybe this is something to be addressed by the 'merit sources', perhaps each member could get an allocation of SMerit to be given every month.

From what I understand, that’s exactly how the system is working. There are sources all over the forum giving out merit. Here’s how I’m working this thread. I’m vetting posts to see if they deserve merit. If I can find at least 4 posts that could reasonably receive 5 merit or 20+ that could reasonably receive 1 merit then I award 20 merit.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:29:21 AM

I don't quite think my own posts qualify for your offer, though you're welcome to browse through obviously and encourage me to do the work if you consider me worthy.
Mostly I post in the infamous Wall Observer thread, and this community within a community is pretty short of merit, despite some excellent posts.
Newbies come to learn about trading, end up learning all sorts of other things, including bitcoin. Fud is rugby-tackled to the ground. Shitcoin shills are laughed off the park. All sorts of good stuff.

It doesn’t matter what section you post in because I’m judging the persons involvement in the discussion, not the topic. Please don’t mention this in adamstgBit‘s thread. That’s too much disruption for this thread.

I looked at your post history and my eyes are bleeding. I haven’t seen that many memes since this forum was full of Bronys. You have some pretty good posts, your very knowledgeable and definitely participating.

I just have one question for you. You have a little negative trust involving OgNasty. Can you explain that to me?

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1614

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:45:42 AM

Great Idea,

if this thread is still active, I would also definitely appreciate some merit. I post both for Bitcoin and select Alt-Coins.

All the Best

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:10:58 PM

It doesn’t matter what section you post in because I’m judging the persons involvement in the discussion, not the topic. Please don’t mention this in adamstgBit‘s thread. That’s too much disruption for this thread.

I looked at your post history and my eyes are bleeding. I haven’t seen that many memes since this forum was full of Bronys. You have some pretty good posts, your very knowledgeable and definitely participating.

I just have one question for you. You have a little negative trust involving OgNasty. Can you explain that to me?

Whoops I already have. The post didn't get much traction, I guess as there was a lot else going on. I've deleted it now and hope it won't disrupt you here too much.

Thanks for the feedback. I admit I can be somewhat 'over-visual' or 'under-literate' or just 'lazy'.

OgNasty's trust comments read: "Stating that NastyFans (a transparent and provably honest organization) is a scam. Pathetic slander. Do not trust those who go out of their way to spread lies".

I called him out a few times, sometimes with some minor trolling, and sometimes 'going out of my way' (to protect newbies), on those very points of transparency and provability. He has not published accounts.

He took in more btc than he made for people, even after it was clear - maybe during 2013 - that mining at that level was not a profitable investment. He obfuscates his business by hiding behind a fan club.

I am not 'lying', but I might be mistaken. The only way to know if I am wrong about him is if he were to publish his accounts strictly in btc terms. (He gives odd irrelevant dollar prices for odd years sometimes).

If he was transparent and I was wrong, I'd admit it and apologise. If he made his investors whole again in btc terms, he wouldn't be a scammer in my judgment, just untrustworthy.

Even theymos doesn't seem to think he's a financier any more, and rightly closed up shop pronto. Og can't see that he could similarly semi-recover from his errors.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

I am also almost exclusively following the Wall Observer thread. It is my first source for Bitcoin related news and sentiment. Besides, there are bits of interesting technical discussion at times, and of course a good 60% of totally irrelevant noise. I often wish I had more sMerit to give out.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:41:12 PM

I am also almost exclusively following the Wall Observer thread. It is my first source for Bitcoin related news and sentiment. Besides, there are bits of interesting technical discussion at times, and of course a good 60% of totally irrelevant noise. I often wish I had more sMerit to give out.
You were defo one of the ones I had in mind.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:52:39 PM

Whoops I already have. The post didn't get much traction, I guess as there was a lot else going on. I've deleted it now and hope it won't disrupt you here too much.

Thanks for the feedback. I admit I can be somewhat 'over-visual' or 'under-literate' or just 'lazy'.

OgNasty's trust comments read: "Stating that NastyFans (a transparent and provably honest organization) is a scam. Pathetic slander. Do not trust those who go out of their way to spread lies".

I called him out a few times, sometimes with some minor trolling, and sometimes 'going out of my way' (to protect newbies), on those very points of transparency and provability. He has not published accounts.

He took in more btc than he made for people, even after it was clear - maybe during 2013 - that mining at that level was not a profitable investment. He obfuscates his business by hiding behind a fan club.

I am not 'lying', but I might be mistaken. The only way to know if I am wrong about him is if he were to publish his accounts strictly in btc terms. (He gives odd irrelevant dollar prices for odd years sometimes).

If he was transparent and I was wrong, I'd admit it and apologise. If he made his investors whole again in btc terms, he wouldn't be a scammer in my judgment, just untrustworthy.

Even theymos doesn't seem to think he's a financier any more, and rightly closed up shop pronto. Og can't see that he could similarly semi-recover from his errors.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I thought. I dug into it a little but couldn’t find anything substantial about you scamming anyone. I don’t see any risked btc so I’m going to award you 20 merit.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:27:25 PM

Yeah, that’s kind of what I thought. I dug into it a little but couldn’t find anything substantial about you scamming anyone. I don’t see any risked btc so I’m going to award you 20 merit.
Oh right I hadn't really thought of that part. No I've only ever scammed myself. He gave me a medal over a difference of opinion on business practices...

Many thanks for the merit. Will use it judiciously I hope. This has been a chastening experience.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:02:34 PM

I think it’s almost impossible to hang out in Adam’s thread without learning a lot about bitcoin. While the discussions are usually obnoxious and strange, bordering on perverse, they are also filled with information about every aspect of the bitcoin economy. That’s because those people are attempting to suss out the next micro move of the usd/btc exchange rate. That kind of in-depth discussion creates an immense background noise of knowledge (and perversion).

You are definitely participating and have a good foundation in crypto knowledge. You definitely aren’t a bounty hunter only here to make money and you are not even a signature spammer.  20 merit awarded.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:07:05 PM

I think it’s almost impossible to hang out in Adam’s thread without learning a lot about bitcoin. While the discussions are usually obnoxious and strange, bordering on perverse, they are also filled with information about every aspect of the bitcoin economy. That’s because those people are attempting to suss out the next micro move of the usd/btc exchange rate. That kind of in-depth discussion creates an immense background noise of knowledge (and perversion).

You are definitely participating and have a good foundation in crypto knowledge. You definitely aren’t a bounty hunter only here to make money and you are not even a signature spammer.  20 merit awarded.
... and 10 sMerit to give out in the next days. Thanks a lot, QuestionAuthority! I will use them as wisely as I can.
caneraydin123

Activity: 574
Merit: 34

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:12:51 PM

a good idea to help. I need to use it correctly when I get the merit. important to raise your rank. many people are not sending. it's really good to do something like that. Thanks
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:21:53 PM

Great Idea,

if this thread is still active, I would also definitely appreciate some merit. I post both for Bitcoin and select Alt-Coins.

All the Best

You have a few really good posts but your primarily a bounty hunter and an altcoin person. Those are both of the categories that I don’t help. The quality of your posts will eventually gain you some merit from someone in the altcoin section. If you begin paying as much attention to discussions as you do twitter campaigns you should have no problem ranking up. I’m sorry I couldn’t help you. Thanks for stopping by.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: