Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:07:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Upgrade  (Read 34956 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:02:21 AM

Hello, i would ask you to look into my post, i dont have much and i dont have big confidence to show it here but ill try anyway and take my chance, here some of my posts:

1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822349.msg28909933#msg28909933
2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2816647.msg29623188#msg29623188
3. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2902250.msg29852536#msg29852536
4. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg30011934#msg30011934
5. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2856280.msg29398453#msg29398453

Please kindly look at it, and if you think my posts arent good, please share some idea and thoughts. Thank you.

I see at least 20 posts that would qualify for merit if the right person saw them. 20 merit awarded.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:50:21 AM

I see at least 20 posts that would qualify for merit if the right person saw them. 20 merit awarded.

Thanks so much for the recognition, it is such a great pleasure to receive merits from you, it encourages people like me who really wants to get better in the future.
O ya, may i PM you later? I promise you it is not a merit begging PM.
tianok21

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:02:40 AM

It's a good concept to help others through giving merit. Through this they giving chance to have better future someday through giving recognition in their work.

It's a great pleasure to receive merits from you.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:21:37 AM

In the last weeks and months the number of Newbies and Juniors who have come here only for airdrops and bounties has become huge. These appalling "You project look nice I support sir" spamming posts for just another fake shitcoin airdrop are chasing away people who actually might have something interesting to share. A lot of referral link posting too...  Roll Eyes

So it's great to have some extra "barriers" before you can get an upgrade. Not really sure why they've implemented this Merit system also for the "higher" ranks, tho...

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:18:55 PM

Thanks so much for the recognition, it is such a great pleasure to receive merits from you, it encourages people like me who really wants to get better in the future.
O ya, may i PM you later? I promise you it is not a merit begging PM.

Ok, PM me (he said apprehensively)

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:55:51 PM

In the last weeks and months the number of Newbies and Juniors who have come here only for airdrops and bounties has become huge. These appalling "You project look nice I support sir" spamming posts for just another fake shitcoin airdrop are chasing away people who actually might have something interesting to share. A lot of referral link posting too...  Roll Eyes

So it's great to have some extra "barriers" before you can get an upgrade. Not really sure why they've implemented this Merit system also for the "higher" ranks, tho...

I think they implemented it for all ranks so people can’t just behave for a year or two then stop and pollute the forum. It’s also more fair. You're articulate and debate but only in the altcoin session and it’s mostly about that next great coin that can generate a little profit. I couldn’t find a single post (other than your post here) outside the altcoin section.

You don’t qualify for merit according to the rules of this thread but I would like to ask you a question. You must realize that altcoins only climb in value when bitcoin climbs in value. That’s true 100% of the time. Altcoins will have no value if bitcoin dies. It’s difficult enough to get people IRL to buy and use bitcoin but bombardment of the cryptocurrency ecosphere by a continuous flood of altcoins is making it impossible for average people to trust and support bitcoin. Surly you must realize by now that holding bitcoin long term will make you money and be magnitudes safer than holding any altcoin. Why not exclusively support bitcoin?

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1617

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 05:02:29 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 08:26:06 PM by Vispilio

In the last weeks and months the number of Newbies and Juniors who have come here only for airdrops and bounties has become huge. These appalling "You project look nice I support sir" spamming posts for just another fake shitcoin airdrop are chasing away people who actually might have something interesting to share. A lot of referral link posting too...  Roll Eyes

I think they implemented it for all ranks so people can’t just behave for a year or two then stop and pollute the forum. It’s also more fair. You're articulate and debate but only in the altcoin session and it’s mostly about that next great coin that can generate a little profit. I couldn’t find a single post (other than your post here) outside the altcoin section.

You don’t qualify for merit according to the rules of this thread but I would like to ask you a question. You must realize that altcoins only climb in value when bitcoin climbs in value. That’s true 100% of the time. Altcoins will have no value if bitcoin dies. It’s difficult enough to get people IRL to buy and use bitcoin but bombardment of the cryptocurrency ecosphere by a continuous flood of altcoins is making it impossible for average people to trust and support bitcoin. Surly you must realize by now that holding bitcoin long term will make you money and be magnitudes safer than holding any altcoin. Why not exclusively support bitcoin?

Question Authority, your financial assumptions are as short sighted as your childish prejudice against Altcoin enthusiasts Smiley
Check for me how much BTC made during its stellar run in 2017, or let me help you: On Jan 01, 2017 BTC was trading around 1000 USD.
Even if you held it till the very top, that would give you around 19x should you decide to sell at 19,000ish USD, and you would only be up like 8x if you follow your own advice and are a holder to this day.

Contrast this with people who made 100x or above within a year investing in Altcoins, not even actively trading but simply buying and holding a portfolio of several promising altcoins. I have proof I can send you where someone turned 10k USD into 1 million USD+ within a span of 9 months during 2017, and published the results even on this forum. Now why would you try to dissuade people from chasing outperforming returns. You guys need to understand it doesn't matter if a few of your choices go to 0, when you are making 100x and above on others. That would more than make up for all the losses and still put you in a better position than investing purely in BTC.

Finally do you seriously believe that coins like ETH for example, on which the majority of ICO's depend, would disappear if BTC goes to 0 ? Or NEO or ADA, which both have their own state of the art algorithms and networks, supported en masse by the Asian community, I guarantee you they would abide very robustly.  

Now this post, you have to admit, blows all your criteria for a helpful beneficial contribution to high water, let's see if you are man enough to merit it.

Good Luck

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:05:37 PM
Merited by EFS (1)

In the last weeks and months the number of Newbies and Juniors who have come here only for airdrops and bounties has become huge. These appalling "You project look nice I support sir" spamming posts for just another fake shitcoin airdrop are chasing away people who actually might have something interesting to share. A lot of referral link posting too...  Roll Eyes

Question Authority, your financial assumptions are as short sighted as your childish prejudice against Altcoin enthusiasts Smiley
Check for me how much BTC made during its stellar run in 2017, or let me help you: On Jan 01, 2017 BTC was trading around 1000 USD.
Even if you held it till the very top, that would give you around 19x should you decide to sell at 19,000ish USD, and you would only be up like 8x if you follow your own advice and are a holder to this day.

Contrast this with people who made 100x or above within a year investing in Altcoins, not even actively trading but simply buying and holding a portfolio of several promising altcoins. I have proof I can send you where someone turned 10k USD into 1 million USD+ within a span of 9 months during 2017, and published the results even on this forum. Now why would you try to dissuade people from chasing outperforming returns. You guys need to understand it doesn't matter if a few of your choices go to 0, when you are making 100x and above on others. That would more than make up for all the losses and still put you in a better position than investing purely in BTC.

Finally do you seriously believe that coins like ETH for example, on which the majority of ICO's depend, would disappear if BTC goes to 0 ? Or NEO or ADA, which both have their own state of the art algorithms and networks, supported en masse by the Asian community, I guarantee you they would abide very robustly.  

Now this post, you have to admit, blows all your criteria for a helpful beneficial contribution to high water, let's see if you are man enough to merit it.

Good Luck

You suffer from the same delusion that plagues all altcoin people. Profit is not the only reason to support bitcoin. If you’re only in it for the profit, bitcoin can do that too.

Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1617

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:06:37 PM

Good Luck

You suffer from the same delusion that plagues all altcoin people. Profit is not the only reason to support bitcoin. If you’re only in it for the profit, bitcoin can do that too.

No one ever said it was all about the profits, that's a very weak straw man, and you know it. You tried to make an argument that investing in BTC now was equally profitable, and I demonstrated that Altcoins, since their inception and during their coexistence with Bitcoin, have proven to be exponentially more profitable.

snowblack

Activity: 262
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:31:06 PM

I am Jr. Member. I need merit to up level. Haizz.
Why new member do not need merit?

nothing in here!
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:31:08 PM

I am Jr. Member. I need merit to up level. Haizz.
Why new member do not need merit?

To move from Jr. Member to Member you only need 10 merit. If you can’t write 10 posts of substance that can get merit then you shouldn’t be here anyway. Thanks for the bump.

dimondimon

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:44:59 PM

Why do you need services? I thought this forum for those who want to know something new about cryptocurrencies ,and then stupidly pumped accounts that would get the merits of haha .I can see how users with the status of a legendary Work of merit sites that cheat customers,zamylivaya pritenzii and forcing the deceived people to stop writing about what they were deceived.
friends1980
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:52:55 PM

Hi QA, I found your topic simply by following the link to the most supportive Merit forum member. And that's you. This respects the original spirit of supporting and donating to other members. Who am I to judge, but I think that does you great credit Smiley

I know I do not qualify for your merit. However I wasn't fishing for merit, but merely trying to hear your opinion on this "Merit" topic, as well as hearing the opinion of other members in this thread. I was expecting more people to come to this thread for begging purposes... Cool

Since you are asking anyway, allow me to give an answer to your question. I have been doing quite some translation work for projects I liked. Not the crappy ones (well... maybe back when I was new to this myself...), where you will probably have read mostly sarcastic remarks from my side. I don't need airdrops, I like to work and I like being paid for work.

To confirm your vision and point of view: uptil now, I have not cashed one single altcoin in dollars. They have all been converted to BTC (and some LTC, I admit  Cool). I have been hodling since and this is how it will remain in the future. Even without any input on the BTC forum, BTC has to me already become what dollar still is to a majority of the population.

It's true there is a lot of newbie and dumbie crap in the altcoin discussions - which I hope will be more limited thanks to this Merit system. The reason why you don't see me in the Bitcoin forum is that my knowledge is limited to my personal political and economic points of view. I am a libertarian and I have a strong believe in free markets and personal responsibility. The way how many on this forum support dollar/euro/fiat and corporations (crying about Senate decisions and how credit card companies don't want to support their precious altcoin) is appalling. They all love the word "decentralization", but not its meaning. It's a sickness from all times. However, I do not feel the need to constantly express my opinion everywhere around on the forum, cause that would be annoying.

On the other hand, my technical knowledge (and that's where "THE BLOCKCHAIN" as a concept comes in) is so limited that there is no way I could add anything interesting to any discussion on that subject. So I listen, read and learn.

Well, geez, this became a longer post than planned! Smiley

Keep up the good work QA.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:05:30 AM

Hi QA, I found your topic simply by following the link to the most supportive Merit forum member. And that's you. This respects the original spirit of supporting and donating to other members. Who am I to judge, but I think that does you great credit Smiley

I know I do not qualify for your merit. However I wasn't fishing for merit, but merely trying to hear your opinion on this "Merit" topic, as well as hearing the opinion of other members in this thread. I was expecting more people to come to this thread for begging purposes... Cool

Since you are asking anyway, allow me to give an answer to your question. I have been doing quite some translation work for projects I liked. Not the crappy ones (well... maybe back when I was new to this myself...), where you will probably have read mostly sarcastic remarks from my side. I don't need airdrops, I like to work and I like being paid for work.

To confirm your vision and point of view: uptil now, I have not cashed one single altcoin in dollars. They have all been converted to BTC (and some LTC, I admit  Cool). I have been hodling since and this is how it will remain in the future. Even without any input on the BTC forum, BTC has to me already become what dollar still is to a majority of the population.

It's true there is a lot of newbie and dumbie crap in the altcoin discussions - which I hope will be more limited thanks to this Merit system. The reason why you don't see me in the Bitcoin forum is that my knowledge is limited to my personal political and economic points of view. I am a libertarian and I have a strong believe in free markets and personal responsibility. The way how many on this forum support dollar/euro/fiat and corporations (crying about Senate decisions and how credit card companies don't want to support their precious altcoin) is appalling. They all love the word "decentralization", but not its meaning. It's a sickness from all times. However, I do not feel the need to constantly express my opinion everywhere around on the forum, cause that would be annoying.

On the other hand, my technical knowledge (and that's where "THE BLOCKCHAIN" as a concept comes in) is so limited that there is no way I could add anything interesting to any discussion on that subject. So I listen, read and learn.

Thank you for the support. There have been some really nice altcoin people that have found their way to this thread. You definitely have the right viewpoint. I think you’ll do just fine ranking up. You said you don’t participate in the bitcoin sections of the forum. I think you’ll find that you participate more than you think you do if you look at your own merit stats.  Wink

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:14:08 PM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (20)

Well I know I don't "need" merit, but I am trying to get to 1k before my activity reaches 777ish so I can see how "lucky" I am to become legendary

Some posts I think are good:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732778.msg17338306#msg17338306
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1026932.msg11204437#msg11204437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1024159.msg11099575#msg11099575

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:19:23 PM

Well I know I don't "need" merit, but I am trying to get to 1k before my activity reaches 777ish so I can see how "lucky" I am to become legendary

Some posts I think are good:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732778.msg17338306#msg17338306
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1026932.msg11204437#msg11204437
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1024159.msg11099575#msg11099575

I like the “bitpenny” thread. I would help you for the merit abusers thread alone. 20 merit awarded.

friends1980
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:17:06 PM

Thank you for the support. There have been some really nice altcoin people that have found their way to this thread. You definitely have the right viewpoint. I think you’ll do just fine ranking up. You said you don’t participate in the bitcoin sections of the forum. I think you’ll find that you participate more than you think you do if you look at your own merit stats.  Wink

Much obliged and you shouldn't have. I will keep my sMerits aside for now. If you feel someone really deserves support, feel free to let me know and I will help you/him out, too.

Kudos to you.

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:51:33 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 08:18:56 PM by atrocityx

Just re-read, sorry about that.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:56:54 PM

Hello I'm a new user and a long time trader (well maybe not as long as some, since 2014) and heavily support bitcoin as a long term hodl even to alt coin traders.. I try to give sound advice about how bitcoin functions as a trunk and all other currencies are the branches.   Here are a few of my posts that I think show my desire of bitcoin and trading.. and helping noobies especially.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2944431.msg30246763#msg30246763
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2658522.msg30248372#msg30248372
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2945365.msg30249663#msg30249663
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2948438.msg30297722#msg30297722
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2934028.msg30175221#msg30175221

Thank you for your time and consideration.

You need to reread (or read) the OP.

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:28:08 PM

my bad, i saw two posts that were similar and my brain kind of blended them together as wishful thinking, deleted my comment and apologize
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: