Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:02:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can actually Bitcoin be good for the environment?  (Read 3170 times)
Hitesh shaveta ohri

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:03:23 PM

I think bitcoin can be good for the environment as it is proven that every new change brings some positive aspects in life. So i hope this bitcoin also revolutionize the environment.
Bulljcak

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:07:32 PM

Yes I think mining is bad enough for the supply of electricity available on earth, I do not really understand about the science. But I think there should be restrictions on mining and electricity usage every day. Maybe the government can find the best solution about it.

In order for us to have a good living,electricity is one of the major need.We are using the sources that provided for us with the help and proper mining of the government.I see a good environment in the future.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:10:43 PM

I think that the main reason for bitcoin to be less popular in the future than other crypto-currencies is that it requires a significant amount of energy resources to maintain its network.
I can certainly say as of now that bitcoin is a great invention. It paves the way for the digital currency to be known worldwide. Bitcoin has helped a lot of people from the very start and I am one of it. For me bitcoin is a blessing and a very good help to the environment. It creates a lot of opportunities.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:10:49 PM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

Indeed. It was made in light of the fact that Bitcoin needs to enhance or change the framework. Advances are planned on the grounds that it will help our lives more agreeable and advantageous. In any case, a few people exploited innovation and utilized it in wrong ways. Bitcoin would truly help and improve. It is all up to us how we will utilize it for good.
Gyromancer

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:13:42 PM

Indeed, I can not deny if bitcoin does give a good impact to the environment. If bitcoin does not provide benefits to this environment, of course bitcoin has long since been abandoned. But,  in fact bitcoin users over time are growing and they feel life changes after joining bitcoin. Like me, my economy is getting better after joining bitcoin. Bitcoin really does make the economy change for the better. I hope that the crypto currency is still there because I feel that the benefits are real.

TheChung1904

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:40:34 PM

Bitcoin has nothing to do with the environment. Power plants are those who pollute the earth without bitcoin
kyledavid

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:42:36 PM

yes for me since fiat cryptocurrency are working with factories and uses  material from nature which is not good for the environment . becuase of bitcoin since it is virtual it doesnt need to cause anything to the nature . Paper money needs trees for it to be made . also fiat coins also created in factories which emits smokes that has an effect in our pollution .
stimliall

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:54:12 PM

As the demand for electricity from mining continues to grow, the use of renewable resources for power generation is now becoming more prevalent, wind and who can operate and maintain costs are low, and these procedures are fully automated, without any fuel and without any pollution !
Jamescur

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:56:24 PM

Bitcoin has a big negative impact on the environment!
Bitcoin mining consumes a lot of energy, emits heat and noise, and does not produce any favorable products for real life!
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

Im a fan of crypto and bitcoin but i dont think bitcoin is being more good than being bad to the environment since mining bitcoin require a lot of energy . But i believe in the near future , when all are mined out then maybe it will be good . Because i personally think by that time bitcoin is going to be accepted as a currency for buying goods both online and on other physical stores . Which means , we dont need to produce that much of fiat money since we have bitcoin . In that way , bitcoin can help preserve the environment because we could save up some raw materials which is , obviously taken from nature .

ProstoInvestor

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:33:00 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be harmful to the environment, because in the course of time ecological methods will be developed to maintain the work capacity of the bitcoin network. The missiles are also not very eco-friendly, but they are used.
JennetCK

Activity: 305

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:34:46 PM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Find a place where you set up your mining farm then have many solar panels and install it near the farm or surrounding the farm , that will help also. Or s windmill power and and hydo powe. Those are the alternative that we can use instead of burning fossil fueils.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

brylle34

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:38:33 PM

if you use your bitcoin for green movement or what i mean to say is to help our nature we can say that bitcoin is good for the environment, there are ICO project that focuses on our nature to take care and also plant trees etc. so bitcoin is good for the environment. If you are using solar panel or energy from waste to mine bitcoin it is great for the environment.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

I think that the main reason for bitcoin to be less popular in the future than other crypto-currencies is that it requires a significant amount of energy resources to maintain its network.
Well actually bitcoin has a lot to offer for the environment and they are really good. I really think that bitcoin is a big blessing for all of us. Bitcoin is very advantageous and beneficial so I must say that it is good. There's nothing wrong about the effect of bitcoin as of now and I hope it will continue for a long run.
bitcoin gives to us a lot of good things that we may apply for everything as bitcoin to be some of the good example or way to make money on a good way and safe way that you can also have to work it for and this is on what we can also have know and to spread for more people.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

mensha

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:07:38 PM

Actually there are pros and cons when using bitcoin or crypto currencies. As you explain, there are some factors effect to the environment when consider power consumption. However there are some advantages also. When we use crypto currencies, we can eliminate paper based currencies. Then it will positively create an impact on the environment.
bitcoin2048

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:54:12 PM

I think that we already have so many contest tropical things which affect our environment, that way certainly not should concern bitcoin and mining influence.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:07:42 PM

Well actually bitcoin has a lot to offer for the environment and they are really good. I really think that bitcoin is a big blessing for all of us. Bitcoin is very advantageous and beneficial so I must say that it is good. There's nothing wrong about the effect of bitcoin as of now and I hope it will continue for a long run.

I can see a good point in your statement mate, but you also have to consider those miners who operated at expensive and costly price of electricity during their transaction mining operations. Speaking about good to environment, definitely it do brought bigger advantages if all of the miners will use cleaner power sources instead of ozone depleting power fuels like geothermal plants that contributes to the global warming. However, most of the plans and improvements of bitcoin nowadays were more focused on how to move forward to much efficient, and effective ways of handling bitcoin transactions smoothly particular on its advantages with regards to power generation that runs the entire bitcoin system.
LunaticMovement

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:23:21 PM

Ya ...
Bitcoin is useful for the environment, Because its safe and healthy process. Its not polluting the air, water and human also.
Damn3d

Activity: 359

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:36:37 PM

I think that we can manage it by doing some ecological specific places to mine bitcoin there, like some Forest out of the city laboratories in which we would store all of this GPUs and mine it there.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cybersecurity Penetration Testing
.....on the Ethereum Blockchain......
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ██▌         ▄  ▄▄
        ██▌        █▀ ▄█
        ██▌       █▀ ██
        ███████████ ▀▀
                 ▀██▄
                  ███
                  ▐██
                  ▐██
                  ███
                 ▄██▀
       ███████████▀
     ▄█ ▄▄
    ██ ▄█
      ██
     ▀▀
    ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ████████████████████████████
    ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
    ███████████████       ██████
    ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
    ████████████▀▀     ▀▀▀██████
    ████████████          ██████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄    ▄
     ██▄            ▄████████████▀
     █████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
      █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
     █▄█████████████████████████▌
     ▀██████████████████████████
       ▀███████████████████████
       ▐██████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████▀
           ▄▄█████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
likerseld

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:29:41 AM

Technologies are not good for environment for my own opinion. But as for Bitcoin it can be good in some part. Every country spends money, resources, and peoples for creating cash. Bitcoin doesn't contain this part of that process.
Well if you see closely, bitcoin is the replacement of Paper cash. Meaning we are saving Paper and indirectly this has a positive impact on the environment. Although it may not seems very effective, but if you think of a paperless money world, then it can really have an impact on savings paper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: