Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:59:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can actually Bitcoin be good for the environment?  (Read 3170 times)
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:01:15 PM

Bitcoin is good for the environment. The things that affects the environment is not the bitcoin itself but the tecnology that we used to generate bitcoin. Like mining and other power source that produced radiation.

Bitcoin does not affect the environment, its not either good or bad for the environment, The system used where they required a lot power energy supply for miners, just maybe can have some effects on the environment but not until today no one knows about this except the report of power energy consumption as to how much power we are using on the certain period of time.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:07:54 PM

I do hate banking system but there is no reason for saying that Bitcoin is good for the environment because of banks. Of course Bitcoin is much better than banking done but still mining causes a lot of damage to our environment not much like industries but still, it consumes a lot of power and produces heat which is a problem. But what if we can store that heat I transfer it from there and we use it and something else that will not only avoid the problem but also make it useful and probably automate something.
kwendy

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:07:58 PM

well i think so because some project of many company is for the goods of the environment, and i can't see any reason that bitcoin can harm to the environment then, i hope that there are many company that will be increase in the solution platform to our environment.
Darz299

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

I think bitcoin does not adversely affect the environment. The number of bitcoin networks requires a lot of electrical energy resources. But bitcoin does not burden because some people use electricity with other alternatives. Like the source of solar system energy.
davoovirgoo

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:25:04 PM

They say that in few decades 30% of banking jobs will no longer exist. I'd say 80% if we start investing into cryptocurrency.
nghihuynh2018

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:11:47 PM

Bitcoin can be good for the environment.It can reduce the amount of electricity used by the banking sector.
coromabur

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:20:25 PM

It all depends on who is spreading or introducing bitcoin in the environment. If it disseminates information inaccurately it will have a negative impact on the environment
Neved1975

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:35:19 AM

traditional bitcoin mining does waste quite a few sources, but with the current mining strategies of different altcoins converting, the lack of resources is not as exaggerated as bitcoin. Bitcoin will even change with those, and secondly, bitcoin mining resources, miners will pay costs, now not waste, this is a transaction.
lynlyn

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:09:57 PM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?
Yes,it can save lot of resources so which is good for environment.The mining needs large amount of electricity but world has huge number of banks and their buildings were thousands of thousands so imagine if there is no bank we can save all those electricity and can save the environment too.And it also can human resource but it will be bad for the people who working on this sector but normal people it can save the banking fees and timing because we can do it our own in a matter of seconds.
Yes I agree with you. I believe that bitcoin is an environmental friendly because it has a low consumption of energy. It accessing the internet by using gadgets to connect to bitcoin that has only a little carbon that cannot affect our environment very bad.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 11:36:39 PM

I think bitcoin has an adverse effect on the environment. Because to dig a large amount of bitcoin, people have to use a lot of highly configurable computers, which consume a large amount of electricity in the world. Emissions from computers also pollute the environment.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Shiro21

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:55:15 PM

It is undeniable that bitcoin mining will consume energy consumption. Although, the amount of energy used is still far from the total amount of electrical energy used in the world today. But the reality is that Bitcoin mining does require electricity, this will indirectly also affect the currency and the environment.
From the level of energy consumption that has taken place in Bitcoin mining today, many hopes will be able to reduce the level of energy consumption. Especially in the Bitcoin mining process.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:57:30 PM

Bitcoin can result bad and good to environment. But the purpose why bitcoin created is to help community ,people and all of us. It's people choise if they do this with bad way but that is wrong and not recommended.
dgreat

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:36:29 AM

Bitcoin is really good for the environment in the sense that it has changed the livelihood of the people that invest in it. It has made millions of people self employed, added more income to the investors. Its transactions are very fast and time saving. In terms of security, you are protected because your wallet or account is mobile and portable you can move and monitor it from any where you are unlike the banking system carrying paper money in large bulk from one place to another which makes you not secured. I believe with these few points of mine bitcoin is actually good for the environment.
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 12:45:19 AM

Bitcoin is not harmful to the environment as some people regard it although Bitcoin mining consumes a lot of electricity. Bitcoin is all digital and does not require anything of the environment before its transaction is processed. With the electricity, there are a whole lot of industries across the globe which surpass Bitcoin mining when it comes to energy consumption.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:46:51 AM

Yes because if we don't need to produce fiat anymore, we don't need to  more cotton and linen everytime they want to make a new dollar bill. Bitcoin is very good because you don't have to harm mother nature when you need it and to able to transact it.
Dianafangki

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:11:23 AM

Yes because if we don't need to produce fiat anymore, we don't need to  more cotton and linen everytime they want to make a new dollar bill. Bitcoin is very good because you don't have to harm mother nature when you need it and to able to transact it.

bitcoin can also cut the budget to be more flexible, but the challenge of the global government is how to make active education for digital currencies that have extremely extreme fluctuations. this is an important problem because many people are not competent in stock assets. the stability of currency values is very important for them.
adadaorlina

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:10:10 AM

Yes,  because this technology that we used to generate bitcoin whether you like it or not it can create many job opportunities and helps many people. I have heard that some platforms are also integrated into Blockchain Technology that is looking for ways to exploit it effectively and without harming our environment. But I don't think that Bitcoin has ever been the main reason of this.
ZwodderLucas

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:41:47 AM

I think Bitcoin for the environment is a standalone form that only really affects the cryptocurrency market. There are people who are worried about using too much energy, which will consume the space that the environment has. That we can overcome in the future.
renc77

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:20:12 AM

I don't figure it would be that useful for the earth for the power utilization you specify, and that is just when discussing BTC which not every person will have the capacity to get their hands on. On the off chance that we discuss whatever remains of mined cryptographic forms of money then the harm is considerably bigger.

Moreover, what you allude to as futile work is what number of individuals pay their bills and bolster their families.

What might these individuals do at that point? In the event that we are discussing the lower positions then they might not have the assets to teach themselves about crypto, so who might bolster them, the state?
Shadowblack

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:26:12 AM

Wouldn't the idea be that as bitcoin exists in parallel with banking and credit card systems, it takes more of their market share, and so as bitcoin uses more electricity, the credit card and banking sector would use less? So hypothetically, if bitcoin transactions replaced 50% (to pull a figure out of thin air) of credit card transactions, the electricity used in bitcoin transactions would rise massively, but the electricity used by cc transactions would halve?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: