Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can actually Bitcoin be good for the environment?  (Read 3170 times)
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:33:54 AM

Maybe yes bitcoin actually good for the environment like if we stop using paper bills lot of trees can be saved there is one point about how bitcoin can be good for the environment. Also the current banking system consumes too much electricity, I don't think that bitcoin transactions would take up that much of electricity so bitcoin can also reduce the amount of electricity used by the banking sector.

This os so true. Using gadgets is part of the daily life of every person, therefore this is not burdern when you started using bitcoin as a form or medium of exchange. We can multitask. And also we can help to save our planet but reducing the usage of the natural resources. It is really good for the environment.

seanskie18

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:58:11 AM

Yes, it's really good to our environment. Especially if all people supporting bitcoin. It has the ability or power to change the life of people to be better. It also helpful to those who are unemployed person. Many people don't have a job so by that they will have a work.

Wonderced

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:17:02 PM

yes many people help bitcoin and for that will good for the environment but many people we use to scam and many people did not know what to do and many people continue to scam other people.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:27:39 PM

Bitcoin technologies are used for various purposes that help us to develop, namely for economics, science and for other various purposes that are very important for our daily living. So I think if it harm to us then it does not less than benefit.
Tranglietduong

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

I don't think it would be that good for the environment for the electricity consumption you mention, and that is only when talking about BTC which not everyone will be able to get their hands on. If we talk about the rest of mined cryptocurrencies then the damage is even larger.
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

I hate to say that but bitcoin never will be good for environment. Mining is still energy-hungry and it's obviously bad for our planet. I think we'll see sanctions by governments in near future. I can't foresee how it influence bitcoin price.
Gururapyco

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:36:51 PM

Put the mining farms into a warehouse surrounded by fertile land. Plant trees and other vegetation to provide a haven for wildlife. There you go - Bitcoin mining is good for the environment. Smiley

Even better if they convert the energy stored in all the discarded plastic bottles that are everywhere. They could use this to generate electricity.
It's a great idea but will be very hard to implement everywhere. People calculate their own benefit in the first place.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:38:10 PM

It cannot be denied that bitcoin uses much energy but  technological advancement requires electrical energy and that we cannot separate. But i hope someday, environment-friendly sources of energy can be used for bitcoin.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
Underlord

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:30:12 PM

The phenomenon of bitcoin mining is indeed currently popular, but if you look at its impact on the environment, there are interesting facts that I know from several articles that I have read. At present the calculation of Digiconomist claiming Bitcoin's global mining activity spends 36.63 Terawatt-hours (TWh) of electrical energy as of December 31, 2017. On the same date, electricity use of Bitcoin is close to Bulgaria's electricity consumption figure. According to this estimate, every Bitcoin transaction generates 146.97 kg of carbon dioxide.
The relationship between Bitcoin and bad carbon dioxide emissions for the environment is formed because of the use of energy from coal-fired power plants by mining facilities (Bitcoin production through computational power) Bitcoin.
From these facts it can be concluded that bitcoin mining does require a large electricity consumption, but I think the results will be worth the profit
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

burst.money

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:33:57 PM

To make Bitcoin mining environment friendly we have to focus on renewable energy. We have to generate power from solar ,air and hydro. That's all.
Yes bitcoin is friendly economic environment because it would reversible by Ethereum, USD, Bitcoin cash and other global currency easily.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
regadly

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:47:34 PM

Progress does not stop. If you calculate all the changes associated with the technological revolution. The future will set everything in its place.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:03:44 PM

I've heard many times they're opinion and I support that only human is responsible to make the actions not bitcoin and not cryptocurrency itself is responsible, as any act of goodness and positiveness is respective to human.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:08:46 PM

I've heard many times they're opinion and I support that only human is responsible to make the actions not bitcoin and not cryptocurrency itself is responsible, as any act of goodness and positiveness is respective to human.

agree with your words, indeed everyone who has an opinion must also be responsible. because everything is seen from proof, not just speech. so need proof to be able to believe.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:18:30 PM

Comparing it to traditional banking system, bitcoin uses less electricity than the banks. Not only do they use electricity during business hours, but also those ATMs that are open 24/7. Cryptocurrency, on the other hand, do not take that much energy per transaction, which makes it better than traditional banking. Because it is paperless, the amount of electricity you will be using will be less.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 03:21:08 PM

I hate to say that but bitcoin never will be good for environment. Mining is still energy-hungry and it's obviously bad for our planet. I think we'll see sanctions by governments in near future. I can't foresee how it influence bitcoin price.
I think that you may get surprised very soon as atomic fusion revolution is at our doorstep. That's why carbon tax was introduced, to milk people as much as possible, while we are still in dirty energy era. I really do hope that fusion is close and all our problems will be no more. As for today you are probably right, some stupid restrictions will be introduced.

Comparing it to traditional banking system, bitcoin uses less electricity than the banks. Not only do they use electricity during business hours, but also those ATMs that are open 24/7. Cryptocurrency, on the other hand, do not take that much energy per transaction, which makes it better than traditional banking. Because it is paperless, the amount of electricity you will be using will be less.
Good point mate. Eco-propaganda wants bitcoin dead.

RenzCoballes

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:22:38 PM

I believe that we can oversee it by doing some natural particular spots to mine bitcoin there, similar to some Forest out of the city research facilities in which we would store the majority of this GPUs and mine it there
cryptolet

Activity: 229

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:36:08 PM

I think if  power supply is generated  from solar or air then bitcoin mining can be  friendly to the environment.
salnik73

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:39:51 PM

how can bitcoin affect the environment in General? iron for mining can and can as the.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:15:28 PM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

Well, they say that the first step to knowledge is acceptance of truth!

Any activity that leaves a carbon footprint is deemed damaging to our environment. And with that truth, there's no arguing that bitcoin (and the mining process it involves) does pose a hazard to mother earth as it consumes much electricity to keep those nodes up for continuous transaction verification and recording.

And as a general rule of acceptance, knowledge shall follow suit.  That's why operating nodes try to be more energy efficient in many ways they could. Some are even studying which cryptocurrency is more energy friendly to mine. And some even suggested to move from proof of work to proof of stake to cut down the massive amount of energy spent in trying to validate a transaction (though we might see this first in altcoins much sooner than bitcoin).

So i'm pretty sure that the hazard poised by bitcoin will soon be lessened (with fingers crossed).
.Bitcoin.talk.

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:19:50 PM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

Basically its environmentally friendly. Compare it to deep hole mining and literal mining. Also ASIC makes BTC mining more envi friendly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: