Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:45:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
ColdZerk

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:55:58 AM

In my opinion - this step is 100% right. There are a lot of scam ICOs now. And they promoting itself on such giants as facebook & instagram! Many people trust FB and when they see such ads, they just cant imagine that FB allows such SCAMs get promoting on FB platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mr.bitcoin2k17

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:02:28 AM

I think Facebook reacts on all these negative news about scam ICOs, the company does not want to be responsible for it
Bitcoin-newbie

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:17:23 AM

Since popular social media networks like Reddit accept Bitcoin as trusted method of payment for their marketing services, to ban cryptocurrency ads on FB is quite a strange idea. Anyway, I cannot understand why they are so picky, when FB, the social media giant, has become an advertising network more than a social one.
In my opinion, FB is used more for marketing purposes than personal use. This segment of audience has migrated slowly, slowly to Instagram and other networks. So, taking a decision like this - to ban an advertising market like crypto on FB - doesn't seem to be the best for them.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:25:23 AM

That's a wrong move from Facebook and its CEO and Founder, Mark Zuckerberg. Although ads are somehow irritating that it always shows up whenever you scroll on facebook, it will just only made companies, who advertises, a stop to their promotion of their products and services, which the Facebook is a great help for it. I hope they would still change their mind with regards to that.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:38:10 AM

Another negativity about bitcoin,surely it is gonna make downfall in bitcoin price in the coming days.Already the bitcoin price falling under $10K and I am not sure how much it is gonna fall.But I don't know what are the reasons for banning bitcoin ads.Few days back Mark told that they are going to create a new crypto currency for facebook payments but now they are banning crypto currency ads.Everyone is afraid of bitcoin or just they want to control the growth of bitcoin.Whatever I will hold my bitcoins surely it is gonna be the future currency of this world.So investors don't panic it is maybe a another dump created by whales.
Just because a big famous company like Facebook ban things involved Bitcoin ads doesn't mean it could affect the price of Bitcoin directly, I think it's doesn't make any sense. They have the rights to do it as they might consider mostly those people who advertise there uses Bitcoin as media to scam common people, I've seen a lot of annoying ads like that and it's indeed inappropriate.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
mochisamichi

Activity: 113

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:53:00 AM

The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.
pl8

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:54:35 AM

minor drawback
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:50:08 PM

A commendable move from facebook.  I have seen lots of ponzi and pyramiding scheme disguise as ICO on facebook that is targeting unsuspecting users to invest on their system.  At last facebook had made a stand on this.  This will definitely help out the cryptocurrency industry to move on the right direction and not be exploited by these scam companies.  I just hope they also implement a way to filter ICO's since not all ICO are scam.
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:56:51 PM

few days ago i was scrolling in facebook and i saw a one of the bounty campaign promoting that i joined and i partly shock because facebook is allowing ICO to promote their campaign and then i saw the this thread. i think it is not bad to allow some cryptocurrencies in other social media platform. because cryptocurrency is not harmful. i never heard about some of cryptocurrency do bad in people. cryptocurrency is just an online job and earn but i think this is not a scam.
qwesasd

Activity: 117
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:57:53 PM

That is a pretty strong move from Facebook, but they do have a history of making rash and unpopular decisions. I think people will gradually move away from Facebook as their censorship and nanny state ideas have basically ruined what was a useful tool.

Actually, this is not the case. The United States and China have limited bitcoin and ICO publicity on some social networks and websites because they face a lot of uncertainty. Many projects are fraudulently using Bitcoin and ICO. Many investments have suffered heavy losses. However, the state can not help them, because bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous, so that states can only ban bitcoin and ICO propaganda
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:58:04 PM

This Facebook ban affects Ethereum more than it affects Bitcoin.

In order to take part in these ICOs people have to buy Ethereum first and then use the ether to participate in the ICO. So - if Facebook is really a source of new ICO money, we should see the ether price start to fall back as the money dries up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Romeotom

Activity: 813
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:15:26 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

It is very painful news. My opinion ICO success 75℅ Depends with Facebook social media. Maybe will be can off Facebook campaign.
zngit

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:36:20 PM

This kind of action is from strong decision. Facebook have the right to do it to take careand protect the investors from SCAM advertisement. Not all ICO can be trusted, in every legit ICO there will come counterfeit ICO that more looking good than the legit. To experience scam is not easy specially if you invested millions. Maybe Facebook have more details why. And the banning system will not be effective soon but sooner I think.
hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:49:30 PM

Maybe facebook is going to do something that he's the only one that will benefit throughout his platform. We have seen the news last time that Mark Zuckerberg is trying to learn about cryptocurrencies and he's looking into it. Is this the result of his study or this is just a kind of removing your competitors throughout your area? I won't be surprised if there will be an FB coin that will be advertised on facebook in the future.

well very interesting and so funny, but let come to think of this because he's inability to study the crypto world will make him banned bitcoin and ICO's, that isn't the main reason why his trying to banned this platform using his site. Is it the result of his study or this is just a kind of removing your competitors throughout your area?, let just take it this way that he's trying to remove his competitors.

i thank you for your contribution about this. 
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 02:53:27 PM

They have already deleted today my posts and shares for bounty campaign  Sad
https://pp.userapi.com/c840530/v840530093/4d140/_aYsZARVISo.jpg

shawn995

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:53:36 PM

Still i am not sure on this news that Facebook have banned bitcoin ads and ICO's advertisement and if it is happen really then i think that is the big loss for crypto not only for BTC because Facebook is the mostly used social media site from the whole world and it will affect advertisement level of bitcoin to very high level.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:54:07 PM

Why use Facebook ??
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:05:20 PM

These are all Strategies to create more panic on the Cryptocurrency market,it is latest method of discouraging investors into the Cryptocurrency world,but come may come what the Cryptocurrency will still fight to stand  and gain it grand   
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:12:10 PM

In some ways it will  affect those new projects but crypto currency was there already before fb decide this matter and it continue to attract investors, I think it will just another news that will be forgotten and the life inside crypto industry will continue to progress, we better  stop thinking that it will hurt
the market because it wont, just believe and hold continue your journey patience and trust will make us succeed.
MeistroUK

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:17:23 PM

I am actually quite happy cause i'm sick of seeing new icos all the time, plus these companies constantly talking about bitcoin like it's a dead certain way to be rich... Don't mind companies saying they accept bitcoin, not sure that's banned or not
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: