Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:53:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:02:45 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

This decision won't affect facebook's revenue too much, but it's indeed sad, on facebook I learnt about a lot of new ICOs with potential.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zulu99

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:04:58 PM

I dont really use facebook for crypto so i am not sad to see those annoying ads go. Think i saw the WePower ad a 100 times at least.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:18:07 PM

I think one of the reasons is that these ICOs are really enticing and promises big returns. Most of of them are lending platforms that encourages beginners to invest.
I really do think that ICOs should be like that because if they won't be so smart and creative especially when it comes  to their advertisements how could they attract people to invest and participate on their project.  It is just their marketing strategy that they should look big.

That is right. I think the crypto currencies investment is still very risky. So it is better to be invested by the experienced and informed users, not general public.
You have a point there but for me the reason why there are crypto advertisements is not for people to invest right away but mainly to give awareness that such digital coins  exists. Social medias are a good way to spread awareness so it is juat reasonable to think why there is so many crypto ads around.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
HTHP

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:20:49 PM

I think this is the main reason why BTC price and most of other cryptocurrencies dropped.
Who knows, maybe Mark Zuckerberg want to kill the crypto business ?
Ray3z

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:28:44 PM

I think one of the reasons is that these ICOs are really enticing and promises big returns. Most of of them are lending platforms that encourages beginners to invest.

Encourage newbie to invest but finally scam like the other lending.
I dont mind if facebook ban ico specially which involve scam accusion but why facebook also ban bitcoin? Any idea?
Crazy decision i think.
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

I really do think that ICOs should be like that because if they won't be so smart and creative especially when it comes  to their advertisements how could they attract people to invest and participate on their project.  It is just their marketing strategy that they should look big.

That is right. I think the crypto currencies investment is still very risky. So it is better to be invested by the experienced and informed users, not general public.
You have a point there but for me the reason why there are crypto advertisements is not for people to invest right away but mainly to give awareness that such digital coins  exists. Social medias are a good way to spread awareness so it is juat reasonable to think why there is so many crypto ads around.
I think its not, every ICO's used social media as a sort of advertisement to spread news about their ICO to let people know of their existence and goodness they can offer for anyone who will patronize and used their product, in fact its very effective to used social media because almost all people in the world are using it everyday. Maybe facebook is just wanted a share from every ICO who have use them because as far as i know that every participants who join bounty campaign in facebook is free of posting.

MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:41:56 PM

yes I guess the news is true and I guess that's normal in my opinion because many new ICOs are finally dead then harming people who have invested in it
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:57:12 PM

yes unfortunately facebook don't agree with crypto I think that's the reason why they banned the promotion of bitcoin in their website Cry Cry Cry

sd
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:46:32 AM

yes I guess the news is true and I guess that's normal in my opinion because many new ICOs are finally dead then harming people who have invested in it
I think the reason for facebook to ban the ICOs and different crypto related advertisement is to avoid the spamming in facebook because a lot of people are spamming it all around facebook and that gives a lot of data for them to hold since they are receiving a lot of spammed data. At the end of the day, i still don't think it is a good thing for crypto because it can lose some people interest because they will think that facebook is doing that because crypto is not a good investment.
JulianCrump

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:23:38 AM

Another negativity about bitcoin,surely it is gonna make downfall in bitcoin price in the coming days.Already the bitcoin price falling under $10K and I am not sure how much it is gonna fall.But I don't know what are the reasons for banning bitcoin ads.Few days back Mark told that they are going to create a new crypto currency for facebook payments but now they are banning crypto currency ads.Everyone is afraid of bitcoin or just they want to control the growth of bitcoin.Whatever I will hold my bitcoins surely it is gonna be the future currency of this world.So investors don't panic it is maybe a another dump created by whales.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:30:55 AM

ICO adds are still on Facebook, especially in messenger.

charliegengos

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:35:37 AM

Absolutely, it's hard to send a link of ico now on facebook.
FreeBsv

Activity: 46
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:12:23 AM

Not true, today I saw the advertising broker NordFX - they offer for trading cryptocurrency.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 10:52:03 AM

I really appreciate this decision as most of us must have gone through the experience of bombarding advertisements about (encouraging to invest in) ICOs and that was not just irritating but also it was observed that high number of those ads were promoting scammy/phishy platforms so Facebook took a good decision in my opinion.
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:02:29 AM

That is a good move of facebook, but this have a bad affect in bounty hunters and incoming initial coin offering(ico) because facebook have alot of users and its help to encourage many people to invest.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
Nefarious

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:08:24 AM

In the last few days i've started seeing a lot more crypto & ICO related ads on facebook so i'm not sure if the ban was reversed or if a few adds slipped through the cracks & FB hasn't identified them as ICO ads yet.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:24:32 AM

Me too i try to post airdrops sites in ICOs pages and groups but facebook don't accept that
Danielavgonz

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:06:16 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

wow I did not know about this
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:16:25 AM

In the last few days i've started seeing a lot more crypto & ICO related ads on facebook so i'm not sure if the ban was reversed or if a few adds slipped through the cracks & FB hasn't identified them as ICO ads yet.
I knew it won't be easy to control with the large number of ICO campaigners. My concern is the bitcoin advert, at least there cant be any bitcoin scam advert unlike the crowdsale. The pressure is from Government, she is trying by every means to control the price. This year bitcoin might struggle with price increase due to influence of the govt.
tot-o

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:18:56 AM

Yes derict ads from any outside source are automatically block before they reach your wall and specially it is marked as spam when posted into  group page, but you know ICO managers and bounty hunters has their own way to advertise their ICO so its sti okay. Because FB purpose to do such move is to avoid people from being scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: