Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:37:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:12:13 PM

Maybe they are banning advertisements for Bitcoin and Initial Coin Offerings because Facebook is losing its purpose. Its purpose was to connect people but as time goes by, Facebook users create fake accounts for Crypto related stuffs. This maybe one of the reason it is banning advertisements and ICO's. It is reasonable to create a page for what you want people to know and learn about but creating fake accounts is just bad and it does not connect people.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:12:47 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

this story has passed over time, but I see there are still crypto ads from the bounty campaign participants. I do not really know what really happened

bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:25:34 PM

Oh yeah this information is true but  currently facebook has reserved the ban on bitcoins and ICOs. I think this idea came as a result of the flood bounty hunters were posting several ICOs on facebook and this some people who are not into cryptocurrency have spoken against. Facebook on the other hand thought of it and decided to ban the ads of crypto but upon second thought i think they realized that there are numerous users on facebook who are all into crypto and so that ban would reduce their numbers.

letzdodiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:30:56 PM

They do have the privilege to do this. In any case, being an internet based life stage, they should know better. Online networking destinations are currently to advertise purposes. They're simply doing this to wipe their hands off of conceivable trick ICO's. Be that as it may, regardless of what they do, facebook will never be a genuine wellspring of truth or whatever their endeavoring to demonstrate the majority at the present time.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

Since the news spread out all over the internet.
i still can see some advertisement of ICO and cryptocurrency project over Facebook.
there are no new with this, so i think Facebook is not that tight about the implementation.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:53:42 PM

Which will definitely make bitcoin prices fall in the next few days months. Whatever I want to hold my bitcoin for sure it will be the currency of the future of this world.

You do realize that this has been posted months ago, right? Bitcoin's price didn't go down because of this. I think it's the altcoin economy that has been affected by this. They are posting on facebook, make a facebook campaign in here, and people are going to share their posts in exchange of their self-made coins. That's free advertising right there. Facebook isn't even making money from it because these ICO campaigns don't even have to boost their posts. Maybe ICO campaigns are only banned in promoted facebook ads which facebook can moderate but they aren't necessarily banning accounts that have posted something about ICOs since they can't moderate all of that.

Maybe they are banning advertisements for Bitcoin and Initial Coin Offerings because Facebook is losing its purpose. Its purpose was to connect people but as time goes by, Facebook users create fake accounts for Crypto related stuffs. This maybe one of the reason it is banning advertisements and ICO's. It is reasonable to create a page for what you want people to know and learn about but creating fake accounts is just bad and it does not connect people.

To connect people is facebook's initial objective but they also have bills to pay. Thus, facebook has started offering advertisements which most websites make money from. Honestly social media has become a lot more about business now. The more money you put into it, the more followers you're gaining, the more audience your product is having, and the more buyers you get. That's a win-win for facebook and the campaign who had advertising from them.

EDIT: To everyone, ignore this thread. It's now "facebook once banned ads for bitcoin and ICOs". The ban has been lifted:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/facebook-reverses-cryptocurrency-ad-ban-amidst-rumors-coinbase-acquisition/

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

kennyle167

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:57:45 PM

Its not a rash decision by facebook although they have their own ICO they would still advertise cyrpto but the fact is the scams and other transactions in my coutnry is susally by usin facebook or other social media platforms. I think they did this to prevent it from happening.
franklin hoses

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:35:04 PM

I think it would be the both sides loss. Bitcoin's loss because facebook could really help bitcoin in advertising as they are the biggest social media site that could reach billions of people worldwide. Facebook's loss because of the opportunity that bitcoin can give them.
doncoal56

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:21:55 PM

If Facebook is in fact banning ICOs and ads it is a protective move. I think most of us are aware of the recent issues that have plagued Facebook because of the recent HACKING incident. It was an embarrassment and had the potential to be very injurious to many of the members because their personal information could have been stolen and used  for nefarious reasons. This incident had Mr. Zuckerburg  meeting with Congress and having seminars as a means of insuring members that they could once again trust the staff of Facebook with their personal business. This incident is still under investigation. So if they are taking protective measures against ads and ICOs that might be attempting to lie and scam members it could be a necessary evil. As we well know sometimes the good have to suffer with the evil when trying to control what people are being exposed to. Who in their RIGHT mind is going to trust a company that does not attempt to protect its members? After all what would Facebook be without its HUMAN factor -- NONEXISTENT!  We are what makes this company what it is   - a viable entity. Its LOYALTY should be to the people who keep it going strong not some potentially crooked advertisements or ICOs. Facebook has lost a few members because of the incident  and I am sure that they want to stop this cut from becoming a full on blood -letting.
markgayamo

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:37:47 PM

Yes, indeed Facebook banned some of my post about crypto currency and also when you post about the forms and ICO's there is an error occurred when you do the process. I don't know why they should do that, if Facebook allow us to post but there is a limit only when you post about crypto that would be better for us. Social media is one of the biggest source when you promote an ICO or a crypto project.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:45:29 PM

Going back and reviewing the decision only shows that cryptos are a no-return path. It is time to invest in good projects and reap the rewards in the near future.
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:46:12 PM

You should not too worry. They just wanna prevent scam in their product. when the ICO is more popular, they will allow to it come back. Believe me, everything will be fine

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:01:17 PM

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

This is not a good news. I am expecting for more in the future that the media will offer something new and allow those adds because bitcoin and alts is truly a big help to everyone.
hhussain

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:09:28 PM

Finally the good news is that Facebook has reversed the ban on crypto currency and ICO promotion and I have started to see some adds about ICO again on Facebook and it looks like a good news according to me and it will make a good impact on the crypto market for sure.
Bestthefriend

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:12:32 PM

This has been the case in the recent past, for various reasons,  facebook decided that they will no longer be accepting adds oN ICOs and cryptos, the reason being that they were trying to stop rogue ICOs who were nothing but fraud, The latest news is however that the decision has been backpedaled and Facebook is reconsidering letting tthe ICOs advertise on its platform
kingkonjac

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:19:12 PM

the ban finally have been lifted out. I am confused and don`t understand the reason behind this. They can`t just play with the investors as well as people to ban and than remove the ban whenever they see an interest or a part of the pie for themselves .

glongsword

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:30:50 PM

Facebook is simply reinsured: it is wiser to prohibit dubious advertising than to get problems and sanctions on an equal footing. and advertising ICO will help in the fight against fraud.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:27:12 AM

Good. Not everyone can understand nor appreciate these annoying ads that keeps popping out in their feeds. Although it would be a good avenue for investors to take in prospective investments, but then again, it is overruled by users who don't give a damn about cryptocurrency.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 02:30:16 AM

Good. Not everyone can understand nor appreciate these annoying ads that keeps popping out in their feeds. Although it would be a good avenue for investors to take in prospective investments, but then again, it is overruled by users who don't give a damn about cryptocurrency.
yes it is true. I don't have any ads about the cryptocurrency and the ico's in the facebook. and I heard a news that the facebook will create an owned cryptocurrency. I would likely to see that. also, not all people realize or understand what popping iut of nowhere the ads if they scroll up and down in their Facebook.

hongthoa498156@gmail.com

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:46:53 AM

They are concerned about the risk of scam on the Facebook application because they prohibit the promotion of virtual currency. This has a lot of disadvantages for new projects. But facebook does not prohibit the posting of event information of the coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: