Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:39:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:51:58 AM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

For me this is only a speculation because until now facebook welcome the crypto currency but we should glad of that.I hope we will not abused how facebook welcome the crypto currency.

This is a disinformation, not speculation. Few months ago main news were that several Social Networks
plan to ban ICO and crypto advertising. What happened until now? Now we see how spinning news actually
works. Nothing happened, FUD created about it was a fake alarm.
   Like many other fake news this one attracted a lot of attention here on forum. Crypto-currencies doesn`t
depend from Social Networks. If they ban crypto-currencies they will lose a lot of followers. It`s more likely
that they will adopt some crypto, after all they are on internet and whole internet should support crypto-currencies.

Defenitely great point there coins don't depend on socila media platforms

sd
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:10:41 AM

This is probably why I haven't seen cryptocurrency advertisements on facebook because before there were a lot of ads popping out whenever I scroll to my Facebook. This is probably a good idea because it is kinda annoying to see ads in different places and just popping out whenever it wants. Also, another possibility that I can think is that Facebook may want to try to make their coin Facebook coin which makes sense because they are a multi-billion company who can do anything, it is possible and it can happen if Mark Zack will be interested in crypto.
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:39:02 AM

Facebook is a social medium where people bring inspiration between social communication, where people inspire. if mixed with criptocurenshi ad it agaq look not good. for it may need to be made specifically facebook criptocurenshi ad.
Df9898

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:40:31 AM

I've been listening to the news and but ads for bitcoin is still around now and not yet get ban from facebook until now.
pawitrawijaya

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:55:12 AM

This is bad news that facebook has blocked ads for bitcoin and ICO... I hope facebook still allow bitcoin and ICO ads.. Because in my opinion, bitcoin is a good electronic currency and should be maintained for the future of currency in the world..
Ngelieh@

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:02:39 AM

yes really, because many perpetrators of crime or terrorists who use facebook media as a bridge to launch a movement or activities within a particular organization. but it's not fair that bitcoin does not get permission from facebook to capture the bitcoin lovers community, in my opinion, that's so unfair.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:05:41 AM

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

Facebook is still showing some ads of ICOs and Cryptocurrencies. I also saw several pages of ICO projects and they are still promoting in facebook. Maybe there are only some regulations of Facebook in terms of advertising cryptos but not to all. If Crypto advertisements are in follow of the rules and regulations of facebook, I belive there would not be a problem to that.

jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:05:47 PM

I think this is impossible to happen because if we read the terms and policies of facebook about ads it does not  violate. Facebook will do some move about what ads should be shown to the users but again i think they should not ban ads from bitcoin.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
fatema

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:55:48 PM

Facebook has stopped advertising Bitcoin and ICO's advertising. The decision of the Facebook authority will certainly affect its price. Increasing the demand and usage of this social network through the promotion of Bitcoin and ICO. Because most people around the world use Facebook now and they get all the news of Bitcoin from it.
aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:23:07 AM

at least do not affect the price of Bitcoin down again, because any news like this Bitcoin will come down and this can be said FUD.

and can also complicate the new coin / tokens to launch in the market, because every ICO it needs promotion, while its promotion site (Facebook) banned crypto ads.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:30:20 AM

It's a good move, I will say/ Most people, especially in the 3rd world countries, are not aware of cryptocurrencies properly and some Scammers are making FAKE ICOs and robbing them off, this step will help Bitcoin grow more as such fake icos will not get much attention.

just a few news about ICO Scams
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/?s=ICO+Scam
COCOMARTIN

Activity: 153
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:41:09 AM

sometimes experience crib can be ban on facebook because maybe my next post is bounties but it does not last long but why do they do it because I know facebook has no limit especially for popost.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io ║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
rushel22

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:07:58 AM

For me this is only a speculation because until now facebook welcome the crypto currency but we should glad of that.I hope we will not abused how facebook welcome the crypto currency.
iyamoxjhian

Activity: 356

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:54:13 PM

It might be true. Because one of the bounty campaigns that i recently joined where suspended its account in Facebook and all of my post were deleted due to spam and when I checked their bounty page it was suspended. So I checked the threads and the developer said  that their facebook account has been suspended and they're contacting facebook about it. If that happens, facebook administration should think about the consequences that might affects their audience. Mostly that growing population of communities were using their site for doing bitcoin. And if that happens there were possibiities that some developer will try to create facebook page like wherein it will not prohibits bitcoin activities and that will generally affects their marketing status.

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:27:08 PM

Sometimes it is possible to happens and Is sad to think that face book is banning advertising for biotin and ICO’s
because they think that it is a illegal business even if they are not one of the scammer person in the business and aside from that we have a different perspectives about business.
Nurul_

Activity: 181
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:30:53 PM

which makes me a little less confused. why Facebook block ads that smell of ico and bitcoin. instead of Facebook will create Ico itself.
https://cryptobriefing.com/ready-for-facebook-coin/

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
Svetlazara

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:28:24 PM

It's a good move, I will say/ Most people, especially in the 3rd world countries, are not aware of cryptocurrencies properly and some Scammers are making FAKE ICOs and robbing them off, this step will help Bitcoin grow more as such fake icos will not get much attention.

just a few news about ICO Scams
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/?s=ICO+Scam
It seems to me that if a person does not want to think and analyze, he will fall into the hands of scammers and without facebook. Ban advertising on facebook does not solve anything. There are many other social networks that will be further developed.
goribert

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:27:42 PM

It seems to me an appropriate measure, since the type of misleading advertising that has prevailed regarding investment options that often lead to blatant frauds does nothing but damage the image of Facebook and cryptocurrencies in general. Really valuable currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum have not needed this massive advertising to evolve and become succesful.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:12:13 PM

I think it's just a conspiracy because I still often see some cryptocurrency ads and some ICOs that are on facebook, such news is a FUD trying to knock down bitcoin prices by attacking new traders.
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:19:08 PM

I think Facebook is notoriously bad at determining potentially malicious ad content that promotes scams, and get-rick-quick schemes.

A blanket ban is an effective, if somewhat lazy way of making sure Facebook users aren't taken in by ICO scams. Don't forget, the Facebook user based isn't that tech savvy, and a run of complaints from soccer moms that have lost their kids college fund isn't going to do Facebooks already tarnished reputation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: