Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:02:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if bitcoin wasn't created?  (Read 2161 times)
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:54:12 AM

i don't understand what you're saying because BTC was the first crypto coin ever created, if it wasn't created crypto wouldn't exist, easy.
Blockchain and others coins are here because of BTC, somebody would have invented something different but without BTC crypto world wouldn't be where it is now.

BTC wasn't the first though.  There were several other attempts at digital currencies prior to it, but bitcoin is obviously the most well known and successful of those early tries.

To answer the original question though, I don't think much would be different if Satoshi hadn't made BTC because somebody else would have eventually figured it out.  I'd imagine that whatever this hypothetical alternate coin was wouldn't be called bitcoin, and it probably would've been coded differently, but the idea of digital currency has been around for about as long as the internet and the world wide web, maybe even longer as a sci-fi trope.  Most, if not all of those seemed to involve centralized digital currency though, so what Satoshi made with a workable distributed and decentralized currency was novel and new, but given that this occurred at the heyday of p2p filesharing, I think that the idea would have dawned on someone else within a year or two to try something similar.  After that, we'd be in pretty much the same spot as we are right now, give or take a few years in iterative tech.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mcdacillo

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:55:33 AM

What if bitcoin wasn't created?
I was just wondering what would happen to the crypto world or would still cryptocurrency be this popular this day if bitcoin wasn't created?

There are a lot of changes happened because of bitcoin and it also change the way on how we look on cryptocurrencies. Because of this some government and bank owners were alarm because of the rising popularity of bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies also help many people giving them works online and gets profit from invesments.

But what if Bitcoin wasn't created, where would you be right now?
What would happen to crpyto world?
Will the cryptocurrencies be as known as it is right now?

If the bitcoin is not created then we are not all here in this forum. And if bitcoin is not created then therefore there no such cryptoworld, cryptocurrency, or digital money existed. If bitcoin is not created we are now focusing on our own different job and maybe the other people who become rich in using bitcoin is not rich until now. If bitcoin is not created then there are no people who strive hard to look for the other sources of their income.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeFutures & OptionsIEOAPPCommunity

preditor422

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:04:44 AM

I was just wondering what would happen to the crypto world or would still cryptocurrency be this popular this day if bitcoin wasn't created?

There are a lot of changes happened because of bitcoin and it also change the way on how we look on cryptocurrencies. Because of this some government and bank owners were alarm because of the rising popularity of bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies also help many people giving them works online and gets profit from invesments.

If bitcoin was not created we would have only share market and other stuff which are bound with each countries government.We would have not witness probably the most safest transaction system called blockchain so early.World would have less millionaires and the list goes on.Everyone should admit this creation is probably one of the revolutionary creation is last two decades.If this  would have not been created,the finacial connectivity between countries which is completely decentralized couldn't have happen.Soo we are lucky to have this,their might be people who are not happy with bitcoin but that this just because they are not getting profit out of this and nothing more.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:11:05 AM

If bitcoin was not created we crypto people will not be here in this forum and we will not be able to experienced this phenomenal changes that happened to our life from all of the benefits and profits we gained. But for some reason If there's no bitcoin created then I guess there will be someone like satoshi nakamoto who'll create a coin that is alike to bitcoin and maybe it will be as popular as bitcoin.
If bitcoin is not created, the world will not have a revolution in the financial and monetary arena. Bitcoin was born with remarkable features to help it gain a strong position and overcome other assets. Currently bitcoin is worth more than 10k USD, peaked at 20k USD, which confirms bitcoin is a great innovation in the world's 4.0 technology revolution.
HunterBTC

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:11:50 AM

Perhaps for example Bitcoin not made by Sathosi Nakamoto, I think there must be some who make digital money but not named Bitcoin.
Casey7

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:20:09 AM

I dont know what will be happen if bitcoin not here because its exist here now.
Bitcoin is first cryptocurrency which bring and lead popularity of crypto. I am still sure the crypto can be popular if no bitcoin.
There is other crypto will lead crypto to its place right now if no bitcoin. Maybe its etherium.
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:29:41 AM

Bitcoin is the creator of crypto world since it is the first crypto currency. If it was not created then the crypto world may not be evolved or some other coin will evolve the crypto world.

Kolly

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:32:25 AM

Bitcoin is the first created cryptocurrency maybe if bitcoin is not created theres no other cryptocurrency are coming out.and maybe if theres no bitcoin i dont know what to do rightnow because bitcoin solve all my financial problem

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:40:45 AM

Blockchain conception was developed long before then bitcoin created.
With technical progress cryptocurrencies will be created

troglobait

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:47:36 AM

as if we were drinking beer with friends. And somebody suggested that bitcoin was invented by the artificial intelligence. An interesting idea, what do you think?
Kigwa143

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:48:28 AM

If bitcoin wasn't created then many people will dont have an another source of income and also many people will have no enough money to support their daily needs.Also many people will  just save their money in a bank rather investing in bitcoin.Bitcoin is really a big help to alot of people so it their is no bitcoin possibly many people are still suffering from their financial problems.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:50:07 AM

Bitcoin is first cryptocurrency, so if Bitcoin wasn't created our cryptocurrency world wouldn't exist.
bimbomalt

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:52:15 AM

If Bitcoin does not exist then something similar will occur I don't think Bitcoin is currently actively affecting a lot of lives.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:56:13 AM

i don't understand what you're saying because BTC was the first crypto coin ever created, if it wasn't created crypto wouldn't exist, easy.
Blockchain and others coins are here because of BTC, somebody would have invented something different but without BTC crypto world wouldn't be where it is now.
I so much agree with you, Bitcoin was the first cypto currency made and if there is no bitcoin there will be no alternate coins. Crypto world won't be popular without BTC above all coins BTC was the most and leading coins it has the most highest value and people wanted to earn more so that they will invest for long time, they saw how it will be profitable and there are people can prove it.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:13:41 AM

If bitcoin was not created the other crypto would be first one, or nobody would think about it. And what then?

SHOSHI ISLAM 5

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:24:40 AM

Maybe if bitcoin was not created maybe there was no changes happened in my life and more people involved in bitcoin.Blockchain and others coins are here because of BTC,somebody would have invented something different but without BTC crypto world wouldn't be where it is now.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:37:05 AM

If thats happen before ..It increased the population of unemployed people. And less people experiencing to become rich and maybe more of them experiencing poverty or difficulty in life.  Those transaction are maybe not so fast..
Hmei777

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:52:24 AM

if bitcoins are not created all its users will not be as happy now as they already have a lot of money and their wishes can be achieved. and all crypto will not be as popular as Semarang and its users will be very little.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:54:19 AM

Hi,

I think that if bitcoin hadn't been created... It would have been created anyway.

What matters here, is not the name in itself. It could be called "frogby", it changes nothing. So I guess that if the "bitcoin" (with such name and the characteristics we know) hadn't been created, another crypto would have taken its place of "founder". Just because what matters with the bitcoin is not the name but the idea behind it. And if you consider the society we are living in, I cannot imagine a dimension in which nobody wants to challenge financial authorities and traditional banking! Wink

So actually, if bitcoin hadn't been created, it would exist anyway. And the current crypto situation would be quite similar I guess!

I am with you with your post. If satoshi nakamoto did not create bitcoin sooner or later someone will and probably we will just call it with an another name.
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:05:11 AM

If bitcoin was not created it can be lose of good opportunity and easy way earning lot of money. Bitcoin is so very important to us and in have no job. If bitcoin was not created the poverty in our world are not reduced or solve. The bitcoin is the way to earn lot of money so we need be responsible in all things that way to earn lot of money.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: