Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:48:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do u follow what politicians say about cryptocurrency?  (Read 2486 times)
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:39:25 AM

Sure, I always try to keep up to date if they say anything important and if that may affect the coins in any way possible.

But other than that, it's always interesting to see what they think and if the public perception changes.

Count me as well, I keep in touch with the updates. Because we knew that politicians are updated too and they comment and react for what they have seen. So far cryptocurrencies for them is a helpful to everyone, they go on with the flow.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:52:26 PM

Politicians, bank executives and central bank chiefs do not like digital money. They perceive crypto money technology as a threat. This point of view is absolutely wrong. No one can control the digital world.
It is that perception that has always made them to always kick against it and I wonder how long they will keep up with that. It is good though that they are beginning to understand that this is something that cannot be stopped, and hoping they do not perceive the threat to be much more in the future, but I am sure over time, they will have a way to always do what they know how to do best, which is to try to destroy good things.

Listening to people like them is like group of mad men who care less about the people who voted them in but their own pockets.
Aljerome31

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:58:35 PM

In recent days, more and more politicians and heads of central banks talk about cryptocurrency!
Do u follow them? Yes or no? Why
I do follow them and tend to think, soon they will find a way to control cryptocurrency, because that's a huge amount of money, governor's loosing!
For example yesterday head bank of England governor Mark Carney said there is a concern among international regulators about the use of digital currencies and that he expects it to be on the agenda at upcoming G20 meetings. But he also highlighted the “huge range of opportunities” presented by the underlying technology, a view he’s shared before in relation to payment systems.

Yes.. Politians they are leaders.. It has a big impact to the trends of cryptocurrency on what agenda they have.

Only politians have a power now if they will not banned or banned crypto in their respective country. And, that will really affect the value of that crypto

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
explosion

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:58:46 PM

The main problem is, the government will tell you: "In order to protect you from the risks connected with cryptocurrencies, we will take control over them". But in fact they will just take your money (in the best case) and put you into prison (suspecting you in terrorism). Is it fair? No, it's not. But as long as this is not regulated I will stay in the game.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:17:17 PM

In recent days, more and more politicians and heads of central banks talk about cryptocurrency!
I do follow them and tend to think, soon they will find a way to control cryptocurrency, because that's a huge amount of money, governor's loosing!
For example yesterday head bank of England governor Mark Carney said there is a concern among international regulators about the use of digital currencies and that he expects it to be on the agenda at upcoming G20 meetings. But he also highlighted the “huge range of opportunities” presented by the underlying technology, a view he’s shared before in relation to payment systems.

I don't follow them because most of them are misinformed or deliberately misinforming people in society. They have to find a way to control and tax crypto because if they don't they are just missing out on a piece of the action for no reason. They now realize they can't stop it, they may as well tax it. The very fact that they call it "digital currencies" goes to show how ignorant and dumb they are about this topic. Unbelievable that people with this much money and smart people around then can be so ignorant. Laughable, yet scary at the same damn time.

Blas

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:23:07 PM

Politicians are simply pursuing their goals and they have influence. If they benefit from crypto currency, they will praise it, but if the crypto currency is not profitable for them, then we hear news about inspections of crypto exchanges and about the dangers of crypto currencies.

Very well said. Politicians very rarely care about anything else than their own wellbeing and re-election. But their public statements are not to be trusted.
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:27:35 PM

considering that the words of politicians (to a special extent) determine the future fate of the crypto currency, I knowingly watch it
arsenalx420
Copper Member

Activity: 369
Merit: 0

simply getting the job done

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 08:31:25 PM

As a cryptocurrency enthusiast I guess it's better to keep updated with politicians, big media persons etc. statements about cryptocurrency. Their bluffing, new regulations, or even speculative speeches have a huge role in cryptocurrency. As you know the bank owners are having tough times in this era of cryptocurrency(which is still a far from achieving its goal though) and now they try to put pressure on government's shoulder to impose hard regulations on cryptocurrency.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:38:57 PM

European Central Bank governor Draghi gave some great statements about crypto, but European politicians didnt. As i do follow what is going on, it was interesting that after a long well planned FUD campaign aimed at lowering bitcoin price and all alts with it, that came from several continents when it was finished a week ago, ECB comes with such statements. Well some people do understand that banning a new economy does not make them even more money.
Wipper

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:43:11 PM

That's really important, and it can change the face of cryptocurrencies. I follow this informations with a great interest.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

I dont really trust politicians they are all the same,most of them are trying to take the advantage to have some support from the people especially when an election is coming not unless they have billions dollar investments into cryptocurrencies surely they will make some move to stop the regulation in their government.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
jim_crypto

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:50:26 PM

Never ever trust a politician - however to not listen & keep track of developments in the political sphere would be like shooting yourself in the foot. Like it or not as crypto becomes more main stream governments are increasingly getting involved. There is no choice but to work in and around the developments as they occur. Crypto has been living on borrowed time in terms of regulation, which is why my portfolio includes a number of privacy coins ( Deep Onion being the number 1).
jin_dv

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:54:53 PM

Hello everyone! Of course, I follow very closely the political discussions regarding cryptocurrency. And all the advice. Since this is very important, because anyway,the information can affect the coins. And it is always good to be aware of such issues.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 08:57:49 PM

I do not follow. I just listen and if it make sense maybe I will reconsider it.
listening to some sources is good to be a refrence from several different sources and make the right decisions.
because when they wrong. its not a problem . but when i am doing a  wrong its a problem .
voshue

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:01:55 PM

I dont trust any politician they are not interested in with bitcoin ,blockchain or any technological improvement they just focus on taxes and they are aware they cant get tax from coins easily.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:09:17 PM

politicians have long been using crypto currency for personal needs, and on TV they say lies, as usual
jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:13:02 PM

Nope. I don't believe on them especially when they making a FUD on Bitcoin because they want to buy on dipped. Those politicians are the real manipulators on these world because they had a lot of money from our taxes and they will you use it to buy Bitcoin that it will benefit them.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:25:31 PM

I really don't; however, I have seen many write-ups and articles about countries, spearheaded by politician, regarding their views about the cryptocurrency market. I think many of them are quite doubtful and negative how the market really works, and that's why up to now, the rate of countries and people embracing the cryptocurrency market is still going slow. Politicians words' are a big thing with their people and constituents, therefore, if they would say that the cryptomarket is not a good market, then more people would trust what they say and believe them without even checking if its true or not. Sad but true, I guess.

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:35:24 PM

Politicians have no profit to implement crypto in massive use and it's obvious. Numerous bans in Asia confirm it. But they won't be able to ban it totally and they'll have to accommodate our needs.
They really do not have anything to offer, so why listen to them anyway. The thing is that most of them has decided not to even get some knowledge and all they just throw on the media are dumb tantrums, thinking they know it all and embarrassing themselves.

I really do not listen to them, as there are better and knowledgeable individuals to always learn from, rather than some thieves who care only about their pockets.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:40:32 PM

To be honest, it's not interesting for me what politicians talk about, because they live in their own world, which they created for themselves. But we will not talk about bad politicians. Because they still hold the current system. Of course many people listen to what they say and the course reacts accordingly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: