Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BITTUBE | NOW LIVE | NO PREMINE | NO ICO | FIRST AIRTIME MEDIA PLAYER  (Read 79817 times)
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:30:11 PM

it's a shame this beautiful project suffers from a n00b error 10K block reward.

And yet almost 8MH/s of miners, myself included, don't share the prognostications of woe that have filled the last several pages. Seems it's not exactly suffering given that the network is bigger than e.g. ITNS , KRB, XLC etc, all projects which have been around much much longer.

smartcrypto

Activity: 317
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:40:09 PM

You are correct. I know what I am talking about and have been hired by devs to coach them thru problems exactly like this (coin metric problems), problems with bad PR, and problems with exchanges not willing to list their coin unless I convince the devs to fix certain things. I have done this for too many alt coins to even remember. A few of the top of my head are Vanilacoin/Vcash,  Denarius (DNR), Quatloo (QTL), Xuro, Pepe/Meme, and countless others. I have dealt with hundreds of alts over the last 5 years.

I have been on this forum for 5 years too. Good to see a veteran. I also didn't buy eth, because i was invested in syscoin back then, which did okay too. I really hope devs listen to you because this coin is still early and can be saved from exchange disasters. Waiting to hear from them.
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:53:10 PM

You are correct. I know what I am talking about and have been hired by devs to coach them thru problems exactly like this (coin metric problems), problems with bad PR, and problems with exchanges not willing to list their coin unless I convince the devs to fix certain things. I have done this for too many alt coins to even remember. A few of the top of my head are Vanilacoin/Vcash,  Denarius (DNR), Quatloo (QTL), Xuro, Pepe/Meme, and countless others. I have dealt with hundreds of alts over the last 5 years.

I have been on this forum for 5 years too. Good to see a veteran. I also didn't buy eth, because i was invested in syscoin back then, which did okay too. I really hope devs listen to you because this coin is still early and can be saved from exchange disasters. Waiting to hear from them.

Hearing from what you tell me I really like, there really should be a great exchange for this and it all depends on them to immediately add it later.
DMKmod

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:19:18 PM

Hey guys, I have upgraded from GUI wallet 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, before upgrade I had 11186.5465 IPBC and after only 8996.01669517. Where did the rest of the coins went?
Speedie

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:42:39 PM

Hey guys, I have upgraded from GUI wallet 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, before upgrade I had 11186.5465 IPBC and after only 8996.01669517. Where did the rest of the coins went?

Try File -> Reset Wallet. It will force the wallet to rescan the blockchain DB for transactions, and may correct the problem.

DMKmod

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:53:23 PM

Try File -> Reset Wallet. It will force the wallet to rescan the blockchain DB for transactions, and may correct the problem.

Thanks, but I have tried that already, did not solve the problem.
Speedie

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:56:00 PM

Bummer. Is the wallet fully synchronized? Does the block height agree with the pools and Block Explorer?

If all else fails, try deleting the blockchain DB and resynchronizing from scratch. That's fixed similar problems for me before with other CN coins.
strelok25

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:05:37 PM

Coin looks intresting,how many devs are involved? At once pools, a site and ready, working idea. Will there be a signature or social media bounty soon? I like this project and would love to help in promoting this coin.
DMKmod

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:17:02 PM

Bummer. Is the wallet fully synchronized? Does the block height agree with the pools and Block Explorer?

If all else fails, try deleting the blockchain DB and resynchronizing from scratch. That's fixed similar problems for me before with other CN coins.

Just tried that, didn't worked out, stuck at 8996.01669517 IPBC Cry
Speedie

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:19:30 PM

Try the File -> Reset Wallet again now that you've resynched. If that still doesn't work, you should contact the devs for assistance.
air133

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:24:23 PM

my question remained unanswered  Huh Huh Huh

Question about % of emmisions.
https://ipbc.minez.ro/explore/
on explore % emissions is 0.0204%

But 20 443 000 from 1 000 000 000 = 2.04%
or emmision is 100 000 000 000 Huh

Mike6000

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:33:07 PM

People aren't being whiny that they missed out. The coin metrics are HORRIBLE right now. What don't you understand? There are 16 MILLION coins in circulation now, dev team says they have 4 Million. That means there are 12 MILLION coins in the hands of early instaminers. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY MORE than there should be. There shouldn't even be 4 Million coins in the entire float right now and there is over 4X that. So you basically have 75% of the float in the hands of instaminers that paid virtually nothing to mine those coins. And the problem is NOW there will be no new miners (unless they are really dumb) because those original 16M coins cost about $0.00001 cents to mine and right now it would cost about $0.10 to mine a single coin. That is a MASSIVE difference and completely destroys the coins metrics permanantly. The more I think about it, the ONLY solution is for the dev team to seek out these rich list early instaminers, buy their coins, and publicly burn them. I have coached dozens of teams on this exact same problem over the last 5 years and have done PR/marketing for coin teams. And I will tell you right now this will be a PR nightmare and end very badly for this coin if the devs don't take care of this problem immediately. Waiting for the dumping on the exchange is a bad idea and won't work. Some whale will just buy the cheap coins and the dev team won't be able to. Then these whales have full control over the coin instead of the mass public and dev team.

DEV TEAM-For the love of God, if you don't want your coin to fail (and you've spent a year on this), you must buy those coins back and burn the extra coins produced over what should have been produced. And I have also consulted with Bittrex over the years, and I can tell you that they also will not list your coin with this blunder. I have had to have devs send instamined coins to Bittrex to be burned by them before they would even consider listing the coin. Please contact me if you would like my services in helping resolve this problem.

To everyone saying I am just complaining-Obviously you DON'T understand crypto coin metrics, don't know my reputation and work I have done on problems with projects just like this, or you are an early instaminer that understandably wants to keep all those coins and hope that it fetches a high price on the exchange. But you are wrong because it won't, and it will only severely damage the short and long term viability of this coin's price and project.

I am done trying to help save this coin from sure death or sub 100 sat graveyard. I will not mine, buy, or promote this coin unless the dev/team agree with my analysis and hire me to help them fix the coin metrics and PR nightmare.

This issue still exists...... any progress
DMKmod

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:33:32 PM

Try the File -> Reset Wallet again now that you've resynched. If that still doesn't work, you should contact the devs for assistance.

Thanks for the help, but that's what I did. Do you know if there any one specific from the devs who could help with that or how do I reach them?
Speedie

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:26:45 PM

Thanks for the help, but that's what I did. Do you know if there any one specific from the devs who could help with that or how do I reach them?

I don't, sorry. You could try hello@ipbc.io and see if they can help.

ZeFGooFy

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:26:40 PM

my question remained unanswered  Huh Huh Huh

Question about % of emmisions.
https://ipbc.minez.ro/explore/
on explore % emissions is 0.0204%

But 20 443 000 from 1 000 000 000 = 2.04%
or emmision is 100 000 000 000 Huh

Actually, this explorer was built on old version (before the 'bug' fix) and it's showing 0.0204% when it's actually 2.04% now, probably tail emissions were changes with the 'bug' fix.

I will correct it this soon hopefully, sorry for misleading.
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:29:41 PM

Not true. how can you have such a mistake that the block rewards for first x blocks are 10k per block? They are simply exlpained in the coin configs defined in main.cpp or main.h file(I am assuming the coin is written in c++ like the litecoin and bitcoin etc). Computers are not humans making mistakes. They follow simple instructions.

Having 470 coins per block, but 10k coins in the starting blocks is THE definition of an instamine.

An error was made in CryptoNoteConfig.h where the tail emission was set to 10,000. This was acknowledged in Post 132 and subsequently fixed as noted in Post 137. It was human error that was fixed ASAP, not once has anybody suggested that it was deliberately coded so that "...the block rewards for first x blocks are 10k per block". Except for you.

Maybe a little more reading and a little less calling people liars for explaining demonstrable facts to you might be in order.

So far, all I have written are facts. No speculation. personally I mined the coins because it seems great. Yet the early blocks which had 10k each makes it impossible to be a worthwhile investment from both the miner and the investor's perspective.  And don't give me BS. I have mined this coin for 7 days. Which is now nothing more than a lost hashing power.

Almost nothing you have written is a fact, and you have yet to apologize for calling me a liar when every word that I wrote about what happened was not only true, but has been demonstrated to be true. It's not worth the keystrokes arguing with you about how 1.6% of the coins were mined when 98.4% of them are left to be mined.

Again, you don't want to face the issue at hand, and just find ways to keep coming back at me. Instamine will ruin this coin because the early miners holding bags of 100k-500k coins from the day one will keep dumping the shit until its at 3 satoshi each. While right now the blocks are giving out only 470 coins.

Please tell me in what way this coin will ever survive like this. You'd rather let the coin die than admit that there's a problem of instamine?

I'd rather if the devs had the coins and they'd post the wallet address here for the sake of transparency.
Except for the miners, who will be the biggest losers, this possible dumping will hurt whoever buys IPBC once it goes to the market or whoever is buying on OTC, prices are already high apparently... Some experienced users are apparently offering solutions to avoid bigger problems .
Mike6000

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:35:02 AM

This is a good project, but cannot claim as " no pre-mine" by its earliest mistake.  Otherwise, it looked like a cheating to the late investor or miner to pay much higher price for those cheap coins. Market may rectify the price to the lowest.
Speedie

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:16:03 AM

People aren't being whiny that they missed out. The coin metrics are HORRIBLE right now. What don't you understand? There are 16 MILLION coins in circulation now, dev team says they have 4 Million. That means there are 12 MILLION coins in the hands of early instaminers. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY MORE than there should be. There shouldn't even be 4 Million coins in the entire float right now and there is over 4X that. So you basically have 75% of the float in the hands of instaminers that paid virtually nothing to mine those coins. And the problem is NOW there will be no new miners (unless they are really dumb) because those original 16M coins cost about $0.00001 cents to mine and right now it would cost about $0.10 to mine a single coin. That is a MASSIVE difference and completely destroys the coins metrics permanantly. The more I think about it, the ONLY solution is for the dev team to seek out these rich list early instaminers, buy their coins, and publicly burn them. I have coached dozens of teams on this exact same problem over the last 5 years and have done PR/marketing for coin teams. And I will tell you right now this will be a PR nightmare and end very badly for this coin if the devs don't take care of this problem immediately. Waiting for the dumping on the exchange is a bad idea and won't work. Some whale will just buy the cheap coins and the dev team won't be able to. Then these whales have full control over the coin instead of the mass public and dev team.

DEV TEAM-For the love of God, if you don't want your coin to fail (and you've spent a year on this), you must buy those coins back and burn the extra coins produced over what should have been produced. And I have also consulted with Bittrex over the years, and I can tell you that they also will not list your coin with this blunder. I have had to have devs send instamined coins to Bittrex to be burned by them before they would even consider listing the coin. Please contact me if you would like my services in helping resolve this problem.

To everyone saying I am just complaining-Obviously you DON'T understand crypto coin metrics, don't know my reputation and work I have done on problems with projects just like this, or you are an early instaminer that understandably wants to keep all those coins and hope that it fetches a high price on the exchange. But you are wrong because it won't, and it will only severely damage the short and long term viability of this coin's price and project.

I am done trying to help save this coin from sure death or sub 100 sat graveyard. I will not mine, buy, or promote this coin unless the dev/team agree with my analysis and hire me to help them fix the coin metrics and PR nightmare.

I thought long and hard about whether I wanted to reply to this as "some" people are hellbent on either accusing the Devs of doing this deliberately despite all evidence to the contrary, or implying it by very cleverly using double quotes and referring to it as a "bug" instead of the simple human error that it was, and then throwing out personal attacks if anyone dares to point out their factual errors. Not really productive, and it's casting a shadow on an otherwise terrific project. But I believe this project has fantastic potential compared to the copy/paste crap and vaporware ICOs that dominate the scene these days, so here goes...

Full disclosure: I mined for a short time on the 1st day, but not for long as I had problems with the vardiff going sky high on the various pools. I have been mining on and off since things settled down somewhat, despite the 10K blocks, and have approximately 23K IPBC - an amount that increases by ~480 per day at the current difficulty. So before "some" people (I can use double quotes too) accuse me of talking my book, there it is. I also have no connection whatsoever to the project other than recognizing its potential.

Whether you see this as a problem or not seems to be a matter of timeframe. I really don't see it as one, not because I benefited hugely (I didn't - see above), but because I tend to approach crypto projects with a timeframe that's measured in months if not years. When viewed through that lens, 16M is really neither here nor there. The current rate of emission is approximately 335,000 IPBC per day. 20.5M have been mined in total, and of those, 16M came from the 10K reward blocks. Therefore by the time another ((32M - 20.5M) / 335K) = 34.33 days have elapsed, the 16M from the 10K blocks will be in the minority. Let's go crazy and call it 1 1/2 months. And I'm not even allowing for the fact that the Devs claim to have 4M of the 16M, I'm assuming the whole 16M are out there in early miners' hands.

Personally I look at a project like this as needing at least 6 months to a year to even come close to catching fire. In 6 months from now there will have been another 60M coins mined - now the 16M will be in a roughly 4:1 minority. A year from now they will be positively dwarfed. And by the time 1B coins have been mined, they'll be little more than a blip.

Now, if a miner's timeframe is measured in days or weeks, then sure it matters a lot more. If that's the case though, I'd venture to suggest that gambling on brand new projects that aren't on an exchange probably isn't the wisest choice. I'd love to say that I sympathize with those looking to make a quick killing, but I don't. They're the ones who will dump at any price if Rome isn't built in a day, and good riddance to them. Those with more vision and patience will pick up the pieces if the project is worthwhile.

So on to the various proposed solutions:

1) Restart mining from scratch: Not just no, hell no. It would be the fastest way that I can conceive of to destroy the project once and for all. Who would ever trust mining it again if they knew that days and weeks worth of work could be wiped out if another problem is discovered? Absolute non-starter.

2) Increase the emission to some unknown higher number for some undetermined length of time: Not clear what this is supposed to achieve. The 16M will already be a minority just over a month from now. And you know that once THAT period of high emission came to a close, there would be more complaints about how unfair it was that the people who mined for the first X weeks got a higher block reward, and round and round we go.

3) Leave the emission at 10K permanently: Until when? Until 1B coins was reached? That would take 100K total blocks, so mining would be over approximately 4 months from now. Or really go for the gusto and end up with trillions of coins on an LTC exchange? Neither are good solutions.

4) The buyout solution: I see a number of inherent problems with this:

- It is based on the idea that rather than have the errant 16M (or 12M - either way) coins in 300 - 400 miners' hands, it's somehow better to have them concentrated in even fewer hands. Why? I don't mean any disrespect to your reputation by this, you may indeed have a long and impeccable track record and you've certainly been here on BCT about as long as I have, but I don't know you any more than I know the 300 - 400 miners who hold them now. I prefer to trust neither, but rather to put my trust in efficient markets. I'd certainly rather trust 1.6% of the project in the hands of 300 - 400 miners than a 10% premine in the hands of a few anonymous Devs like most projects around here.

- It assumes that all of the early miners simply want to dump the moment the coin hits an exchange. Patently not true, I was one of them and have zero intention of dumping. I highly doubt that I was the only one who saw a diamond in the cesspool that is the ANN forum and thought "Holy ****. Something worth getting involved with!".

- It further assumes that if they do all dump, the only beneficiaries will be "some whale" who will scoop them up to be dumped at a later date. Why do you assume that? Are smaller miners / investors / strong hands somehow incapable of doing basic math and submitting buy orders if the price is far below the true value?

- The final, and fatal IMHO, assumption: that all 300 - 400 miners would comply and sell for $0.01 each. I wouldn't for one. I suspect that a great many others wouldn't either, because they're here for the right reasons i.e. they believe in the long term prospects for the project and view their first day bonus as just that. If even 20% by volume of coins take the $0.01 offer, and they'd have to be phenomenally bad at math to do so, then what has been gained? Virtually nothing.

Finally here's another proposal that doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all. It's a radical one, but here goes:

5) Let the markets sort it out: Fair value at the moment would be roughly 4.17 cents. Not sure how you arrived at a cost to mine of 10 cents as 1KH/s on CN will currently bring in roughly $2 per day, or 48 IPBC. Divide one by the other and you get 4.17 cents. Regardless, anyone dumping at 1 cent would literally be giving away free money by selling at a > 75% discount to cost of production. Moreso at 50 satoshi, or 3 satoshi, or whatever other dire prognostication. So let them. Plenty of farsighted people who would welcome the chance to relieve them of those heavy bags knowing both a) the actual cost to mine and b) the long term potential of a project with <gasp> an actual functioning product at launch.

The project hit over 3MH/s in the first few hours, and currently sits at 7.17MH/s despite the 10K blocks. That says something as it's a bigger network than some CN projects that have been around for far longer. KRB and XLC to name a couple, plus ITNS depending on whether or not NH is currently invading. I doubt that they're all mining away blissfully unaware of the 10K issue. More likely they view it as a bump in the road in the long term, and many of them are probably waiting (as I am) to scoop up cheap IPBC if the early miners do dump. After all, who wouldn't want to buy an asset at less than 1/4 the cost to mine it?

One final thought: the offer to buy at 1 cent values the whole project at $200K. Sorry, but that's laughably low. Put a $10M market cap on it 6 months from now, which is extremely conservative for a project with a working product from day 1 in a huge potential market, and you'll be looking at around 12.5 cents. That makes mining at the current opportunity cost of 4.3 cents a steal, 10K blocks or not.
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:26:34 AM

Anyone selling OTC? 

DM me

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:02:48 AM

jimlite - you sound so desperate to be "hired" that its almost like you're begging for a handout   Cheesy

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: