Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:44:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not play games online instead of gambling?  (Read 5567 times)
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:24:15 AM

Many but not all gamblers are claiming they gamble for fun and pass time. I was just thinking. If it is the reason why people gamble then why not play online games? There is a lot of good and challenging onlne games wherein you can interact with other people online?
The excitement of winning in gambling is different because it involves money and we all know that we all need money. People gamble because they want to double or triple their money even though they are aware of the risk they are taking.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:22:18 AM

It is quite a silly question to be asked because playing games itself is a type of gambling if you have decided some sort of bet before starting and hence the entire scene becomes more serious and it becomes obligatory to win if one is actually worried about his or her money .but there are other people also who take it as a game only merely for the sake of fun and are not having any notion about the winning or losing.
How is that ever a silly question ? The point here which nobody is clearly facing and we are being sentimental about is that, very few people actually take gambling for fun and those are those who actually have so much to throw around anyway. The way some newbies talk about making profit from gambling, come on! Let's be realistic here.

Even those who feel they are having fun sometimes, mainly use that to hold themselves back knowing from experience how gambling really is, so at the end, unless you have some other motive than winning when you are gambling, I do not see any other reason why we are gambling. If I want to roll dice with my partner and declare who the winner is, I can have fun in doing that without betting any money.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:07:14 AM

Actually most of the players do say they gamble for fun and pass the time but the always fail to forget the real reason behind the fun and passing time; what they love about gambling online is that they also get to win a huge amount of money (not all but just saying you know) and that's what makes it fun. It is not just because they want to interact with people online but let's not be hypocrites here, everything that comes with money is a major plus.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:00:06 AM

Actually most of the players do say they gamble for fun and pass the time but the always fail to forget the real reason behind the fun and passing time; what they love about gambling online is that they also get to win a huge amount of money (not all but just saying you know) and that's what makes it fun.
You said it correct, most of us who are saying that we are gambling for fun is definitely not only for fun but also for the gathering and winning large amount of money which is even funnier than entertainment.

It is not just because they want to interact with people online but let's not be hypocrites here, everything that comes with money is a major plus.
I said it before that I'm only for fun but with gambling its totally different.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 12:34:20 PM

Actually most of the players do say they gamble for fun and pass the time but the always fail to forget the real reason behind the fun and passing time; what they love about gambling online is that they also get to win a huge amount of money (not all but just saying you know) and that's what makes it fun.
You said it correct, most of us who are saying that we are gambling for fun is definitely not only for fun but also for the gathering and winning large amount of money which is even funnier than entertainment.

It is not just because they want to interact with people online but let's not be hypocrites here, everything that comes with money is a major plus.
I think even in every kind of business with human beings there's a part in us where we always want the money. And that's true with everything in my opinion because I've seen many people with that not just in gambling but in real life. They always want to have an advantage either the profit from your favors or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:21:50 PM

Many but not all gamblers are claiming they gamble for fun and pass time. I was just thinking. If it is the reason why people gamble then why not play online games? There is a lot of good and challenging onlne games wherein you can interact with other people online?
The excitement of winning in gambling is different because it involves money and we all know that we all need money. People gamble because they want to double or triple their money even though they are aware of the risk they are taking.
Simple and plain truth and which is what the OP is apparently driving at. Only the wise or smart ones really use the fun part to put themselves back in control, with the mindset of, well, let's have the fun and get out. If we win, well and fine, if we do not, well and fine.

Most of the people who have been saying they are gambling for fun, how many of them have ever gambled without considering for once that they wish they could just win? The only good thing is if you put yourself in control of your impulse, then if you are going astray, you will be able to call yourself back to reality.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:36:20 PM

Actually most of the players do say they gamble for fun and pass the time but the always fail to forget the real reason behind the fun and passing time; what they love about gambling online is that they also get to win a huge amount of money (not all but just saying you know) and that's what makes it fun. It is not just because they want to interact with people online but let's not be hypocrites here, everything that comes with money is a major plus.
Online games and online gambling can be fun to play. But the explosive between the two things is on the reward. When we play online games and win, we will just be happy, but if we gamble and win, we are not only happy, but we will also get the money from the gambling. We can get two cool things at once. There is more tension when gambling and it is a more exciting challenge for gamblers.

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5998

Meh.

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:58:38 PM

Online games and online gambling can be fun to play. But the explosive between the two things is on the reward. When we play online games and win, we will just be happy, but if we gamble and win, we are not only happy, but we will also get the money from the gambling. We can get two cool things at once. There is more tension when gambling and it is a more exciting challenge for gamblers.

Exactly like this! Gambling allows you to dream more (since you can win money), while playing games it can just be a "meh" moment, unless you play in a big tourny that is but for a normal player that does not happen Tongue.

GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:22:14 PM

This is because only playing games would not be enough for the people who are in need of money and have no other source except setting a bet and keeping the hopes higher for winning. Such people are more into gambling than the others. Moreover some find it as a way to increase the fun in their games and had nothing to do with the money.
boyptc

Merit: 681

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:05:48 AM

I think even in every kind of business with human beings there's a part in us where we always want the money. And that's true with everything in my opinion because I've seen many people with that not just in gambling but in real life. They always want to have an advantage either the profit from your favors or not.
Are there any business in the animal kingdom?  Grin

Don't say, that "they" but instead say "us or we" wants to have an advantage to take profit. And everyone wants to be in favor all the time, right?

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:02:04 PM

I think gambling is better than online game,
For a gambler, gambling is better than online game and for a gamer it will be gaming on his best choice. I'm balancing things when it comes to gaming and gambling.
I would play online games when its my free time and I'm set off to rest but when I'm hyper and I really want a thrilling experience and in need of some bucks then I would gamble.
Really good for you that you can balance both. I have never seen gambling as having fun, even though in some way you may have some little fun along the line, I totally see it as trying my luck once in a while without beating myself to it if my luck decided to say it is not my time.

The fact is, it is how you perceive gambling that matters and that is how you will be able to handle your impulse. If I really want to have more fun, come on, I had stick with games or go watch some movies or go clubbing, now, that is fun.
justdimin

Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:25:19 PM

I think gambling is better than online game, we can see by gambling we will get huge profit, while online game? indeed can benefit also from our followers or audiences who give a gift, but usually takes a long time and must be a great player used to be able to get a big advantage
Well, you are forgetting the main part of gambling and the reason why the OP actually said why not play online games? A lot of people classify gambling as fun, and you excluded the part where you can lose everything and in fact, most times, except you are very lucky, you will be losing most times, and even if you win a lot and you are not smart about it, you can still go back to square one. So, in that case, why not just play games online if you really want to have fun. Personally, I do not consider losing a lot of money fun.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1555

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:31:13 PM

I think gambling is better than online game, we can see by gambling we will get huge profit, while online game? indeed can benefit also from our followers or audiences who give a gift, but usually takes a long time and must be a great player used to be able to get a big advantage
Well, you are forgetting the main part of gambling and the reason why the OP actually said why not play online games? A lot of people classify gambling as fun, and you excluded the part where you can lose everything and in fact, most times, except you are very lucky, you will be losing most times, and even if you win a lot and you are not smart about it, you can still go back to square one. So, in that case, why not just play games online if you really want to have fun. Personally, I do not consider losing a lot of money fun.

Losing money is not fan but gambling messes with our emotions. Winning makes we feel very happy and satisfied whereas losing makes us feel angry and frustrated, so we tend to act more impulsively, not thinking rationally, in search of the next jackpot fix.

Those kinds of emotions are much stronger than the ones you feel playing games, where money is not involved.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5998

Meh.

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:09:24 PM

Losing money is not fan but gambling messes with our emotions. Winning makes we feel very happy and satisfied whereas losing makes us feel angry and frustrated, so we tend to act more impulsively, not thinking rationally, in search of the next jackpot fix.

Those kinds of emotions are much stronger than the ones you feel playing games, where money is not involved.

For me it's completely different.. If I lose in gambling I can feel sad about it but then there's not much more to it, just continue with real life.. When I'm gaming however and some people are extremely toxic and we have a very dissapointing loss I can get super mad and feel bad about it for an entire day. I'm sure it's different for everyone but yeah, that's how it is for me at least Cheesy.

Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:47:03 PM

It is because playing games online is not giving a probability of winning something of value. If you play gambling, you have 50% chance at winning and another 50% chance at losing. Whereas in playing games online alone, you only win or lose by fiction created by the game per se; at best, you only have bragging rights. Other than that, your winning is not something that can be equated with monetary value. Hence, it has no extrinsic value economically-speaking. In this day and age, people are more inclined to earning bucks for doing something rather than getting nothing in return. This is due to the demands of time, alongside the financial burden that has been in existence for quite sometime already. This is true for all ages, as far as I am concerned.
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:37:27 PM

Ya. It is the thrill and excitement that makes the difference. Excitement of winning and thrill of whether we win or lose. This moment of suspense when we are playing, the perspiration and the butterfly in our stomach that make the difference of gambling from ordinary online games.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:30:15 PM

Gambling is also a good way to have fun, and not all gambler s are fond of playing online or computer games. There are simple games on gambling that can be understood easily. And to add to that, it can give you some income while having fun, or losses if you are unlucky.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:27:05 PM

Indeed, and this is why people are keep on gambling online instead of playing online games simply because they want to earn some money and it gives them pleasure. People gamble for money not just for their entertainment admit it or now but that's the reality sad thing is gamble can ruin their life.
svladovsky

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:28:20 PM

Gambling and playing online games are not the same thing at all, you can't compare it.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:06:49 AM

I think gamblers play online games too when they dont have enough money to risk in casino. We do not have money everytime and when the urge of gambling comes, online games with some gambling genres becomes their scapegoat for the mean time. Its a good technique though to lessen the addiction on gambling. Its fun also to play online games because losing and winning is just a series of digital earnings and can reset anytime.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: