Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to mine or buy Bitcoin?  (Read 2803 times)
QN2018 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:27:13 PM

i think Bitcoin is only profitable if done at large scales. you must get expensive mining equipment and of course it consumes a lot of electricity monthly. Also it’s usually much more cost effective to buy Bitcoins with this money instead of using it to buy mining equipment.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:37:33 PM

i think Bitcoin is only profitable if done at large scales. you must get expensive mining equipment and of course it consumes a lot of electricity monthly. Also it’s usually much more cost effective to buy Bitcoins with this money instead of using it to buy mining equipment.

I agree, but buying bitcoin has also a risk especially now that its dropping. You can mine without such expensive mining equipment but you are right about it being less profitable. You should choose wisely when taking a risk on bitcoin because it is decentralize and volatile.
bitcoinewman

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:43:45 PM

It is better to buy bitcoin it is more profitable
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:51:17 PM

Both are better in their own ways if only you have a capital to invest to buy/hold some bitcoins or buy some equipment to mine some bitcoin. Nowadays, if you mine bitcoin it wouldn't be just as profitable like before since the difficulty get larger and cost to electricity for some ASIC miner is huge to accommodate. I think those profitable of bitcoin are those who has farms of their own or those who has low cost of electricity regions. Better if you have small capital to buy right now since bitcoin is in dip then hold it on what objective you do want to sell it.
Ozan9

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:52:23 PM

Buying Bitcoin at this time is a more sensible move than mining because Bitcoin's value is down.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:53:32 PM

To mine Bitcoin now,, you would need GPUs and ASICs and a modern rig which overall is expensive to get and you need electricity to keep. Because the prices of bitcoin has grossly fallen, buying now is the wise thing to do.

Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:58:09 PM

Almost all bitcoin I have was mined, and I certainly don't think it was a wrong decision. If I had decided to buy it, for the same money I would have had larger holdings, that is true. But the things I learnt in a process of mining - well, this is something priceless.

If I were to make that decision again, it would be the same.
fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:00:43 PM

You basically right. You must acquire a good mining rig if you want to prosper in mining.  But by looking at the current situation,  it is best to  invest in bitcoin now and take advantage of this big drop. You will definitely get the best out of this.
Xzhyte

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:02:46 PM

Mining requires an expensive hardware, though it can give you a steady income everyday it will take almost a year before you have your ROI. For me, its better to invest in buying bitcoin than buying a mining rig, because it can givr us a better profit and you can also use it on trading or buying some altcoins to maximize your income.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

Unless your electricty is dirt cheap or/and you're planning to do it on a large scale : Forget about mining Bitcoin .  Wink

Buying Bitcoin can be profitable but it's a gamble. Specially at the moment Grin.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
urosan

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:09:34 PM

I would say buying is better if you have time, knowledge and will to trade for max profit.
If u don't have that and you would like to accumulate btc or some other mining alts and not to worry about daily market than mine. Buy good rigs/miners, plug them in and let them do the job.

Overall buying/trading i believe give you more profit.
hercules006

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:10:35 PM

If youre going to buy btc, buy the dip, buy now while it is crashing. Thats the good entry point
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:11:05 PM

for starter pack, just use what you have and what you can done right now, i think if you good at it, profit will come to you, you can join for airdrop or bounty, trading is good to if you only have a bunch of bucks, but you maybe also consider for free btc by go to more deep in this forum  Grin
TheySeeMeHodlingTheyHatin

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:12:10 PM

Thanks for creating an amazing thread about a subject that has NEVER EVER in the history of this forum been discussed before !

im sure there are 0 threads about buying x mining in this forum !

so thank you very much for starting this essential thread.. very creative and a need for this forum !
Raone

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:13:24 PM

Bitcoin mining is difficult and expensive, you have to invest a reasonable amount of money. Buying bitcoin would be better.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:13:59 PM

In case you are looking for a quick action then you have to buy, If you want to accumulate bitcoin only by mining then you have to first invest for buying a rig or miner, then depending upon your miner you can mine bitcoin (a part of that is the electricity cost). So accumulation by mining could be long process.

Vin183~

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

yes may be true because the price is down and I'm sure the future will be good again.
AlenDel

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:20:43 PM

Hello! It's about buying or extracting bitcoins, for example, I'm considering the idea of ICO, this is a true long-term project, but if you approach the matter thoroughly, you can choose an excellent project that will give out at least 300% of the profit when you leave the tokens on the exchange. And here is one of them https://izx.io/
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:21:30 PM

Mining is not much profitable on small scale. If you have huge amount to invest then go for mining. Otherwise consider investing in btc.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:23:40 PM

It depends on the situation if you can afford the hardware for mining its better because you are earning without doing just your hardware was working and earning for you but the risky here was the maintenance if your device or your hardware. Buying bitcoin just like investment or trading was also better but also risky because of not stable value of bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: