Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to mine or buy Bitcoin?  (Read 2809 times)
meyklove

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:59:57 PM

i think Bitcoin is only profitable if done at large scales. you must get expensive mining equipment and of course it consumes a lot of electricity monthly. Also it’s usually much more cost effective to buy Bitcoins with this money instead of using it to buy mining equipment.

They are both expensive whether to mine or to buy, the difference of both are the profit time. Holding bitcoin or use it for trading you can make it double or loss it all in a short time and when you mine it will take a long time to return of your investment.

astridplomp

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:06:07 PM

of course i agree to mine bitcoin is the easiest way to earn bitcoin rather than buying and holding until the price start rising slowly in the future. but we have to accept that, mining cost us a huge fee for equipments and taxes. So it would be better if you have a large farm of crypto minings, it will make you have more profit in the future.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:17:42 PM

i think Bitcoin is only profitable if done at large scales. you must get expensive mining equipment and of course it consumes a lot of electricity monthly. Also it’s usually much more cost effective to buy Bitcoins with this money instead of using it to buy mining equipment.

It depends on many situations. If you have a large capital and already found some good deals in buying GPUs, mining is better. But, if you also have a large capital and the value of bitcoin is very low like in this day, you can invest and wait patiently for your profit to grow. Next to buying is always waiting and it may take weeks, months, and even years for you to get the Return of Investment.
Mellifluous

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:19:56 PM

for me it is depends on your location because when you do mine there is a chance that your electric bill is higher than what you get in mining, so i suggest check your location first and analyze whether it is advisable to mine or to buy BTC.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:30:37 PM

for me it is depends on your location because when you do mine there is a chance that your electric bill is higher than what you get in mining, so i suggest check your location first and analyze whether it is advisable to mine or to buy BTC.

True, if your electricity cost is too high, it is not profitable to mine. Buying BTC is a better way out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:36:28 PM

Buying Bitcoin is easiest than Mining where you just need to buy and HoDl it which is also profitable than Mining.
ddhsaranga

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:43:24 PM

my advise is to buy bitcoin. if you do mining, you have to invest more money and you have to wait more time to take a profit. i have not experience about mining but i feel that buying bitcoin is good more than mining.
cliffdex

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:40:34 PM

If Bitcoin mining is worth your time then get to know the skills involved and get the best out of it. Else, if buying bitcoin poses an advantage to an investor then he/she should be consistently monitoring the market trends as to be on the safer side. In all, profit making is the key.
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:05:28 PM

Those GPU burn my money out of my pocket lately, the price of mining rigs nowadays is so high you could definelty prefer to choose a cloud mining service rather than house one. I have a friend that have already invest in MOONLIGHT a mining company that uses green power technology that is environmentally safe. If you have time, you could check it out, I even wear their signature. Anyway, if you have enough money, go invest in mining or buy your own rig. But if you have just some extra cash to invest in, you could just select buying bitcoins, it is a right time today due to lower price.
ukw

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:31:40 PM

I definitely think it's better to invest directly in the BTC by buying it.
Especially at this moment when all the coins are so cheap, it's your chance to get involved.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:37:07 PM

It actually depends. You have lots of factors to take into consideration before mining. The mining equipment are expensive. You will need cheap electricity to even out. Don't forget about the maintenance cost you will have to pay. You will have to look after your rigs 24/7. Too much hassle but less risky and you can sell your rigs anytime you want. On other hand if you buy bitcoin, all you have to do is just hold and wait. 

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:08:59 PM

After all, you do not have to mine BTC. Altcoin is much easier to mine. You do not need very expensive equipment.
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:32:24 PM

I think buying is better than mining because when you buy you may be aware of the price but mining every day at a price
lesya-ya

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:56:43 PM

If you have enough time and money to invest in Bitcoins then go for mining otherwise buying Bitcoins is more easy. Wink
maryhansenn

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:58:11 PM

It is profitable to buy bitcoin especially when the price is this low. Soon it will go up again and you will see the profit
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:14:18 PM

Its better to buy bitcoin rather than mining.Lets have glance at buying aspect.When you buy BTC,you can invest small amount to buy BTC,you continuously monitor its value(peak & troughs) and when you see its profitable you sell your BTC.For mining you need high investment,you pay hash rate for your coin, high quality computers and system,also it will incur high electricity cost,good place to install your systems,high care for your equipment.Earning rate is higher in investment compared to mining.When you buy at low rate ans sell at higher rate you double your profit,whereas in mining you receive daily some amount,but that can not be compared with the profit earned through investment.In my opinion investment is better than mining.
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:32:45 PM

Well. I can say. Due on so damn high difficulties and it's increasing day by day, Mining with hardware will cause only getting results that continue to come down if you're not upgrade it to the next level. You will continue to spend your money to get good results. In this case, I advise to buy bitcoin and hold it as long as you want or till you get good enough profit.
kuntet99

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:49:30 PM

yes if you have better capital to buy it, because the price of btc again decreased.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:03:19 PM

I assume that if you view mining as a long-term investment, then perhaps this can lead to an increase in the number of coins in the long run, but this is also much more risky. First of all, the miners can break down, and even if you take them somewhere, an accident happens. There is also no way to know how high or low the complexity level of bitcoin mining will reach such numbers, which can dramatically change. If you want an immediate win, I would definitely go with buying bitokoynov instead of their prey.
Buying bitcoins is much easier, cheaper and takes less time. You better buy and keep the BTC.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:18:55 PM

Mining is much more risky than investing to Bitcoin. Also, mining won't be profitable if the mining farm is not big and it is just too complicated amd as you've mentioned, you'll need mining materials which would make it more expensive. While if you just buy Bitcoin, you will already have it and will be able to hold it. Mining will undergo different processes, so I think investing or directly buying Bitcoin will be easier.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: