Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:50:11 AM

Content should be available in all qualities from 180p to 4k as people around the globe has varying internet speeds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:34:41 AM

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick comment about Netflix and subscription models:

We do not consider Netflix to be a competitor. This is because Netflix is a subscription based service - like pay tv, but without a fixed schedule for when you can see the content on there. Netflix primarily license content for a one-off payment to the content owner and they also produce their own content. With a subscription you can watch the content as many times as you want.

For content owners, Netflix is one of the last windows of film distribution that you have - because as long as you are one Netflix - no one who is on Netflix will pay to watch your film or TV show on a pay per view basis. Netflix are very good at what they do and I have the deepest respect for them.

However it is important to say, that the films and TV shows that are on Netflix are not new - except for their own productions. So the new films on iTunes for instance will not be available on Netflix until many months after.

And the new films and TV shows are the ones we are going for for CryptoFlix. Therefore we will not have Netflix as a competitor because our content will be different from theirs.

In short - CryptoFlix will not be a subscription based streaming platform.

Finally a few more replies to the wonderful debate:

1) There will not be advertising on CryptoFlix
2) We will start the platform in under developed countries - and very likely in Asia first
3) The price will be determined by the streaming quality chosen by the users - and the content owners will have more control over the pricing. So we are expecting to be competitive - otherwise how can we expect to even have a market let alone to compete with piracy.

Take care guys and don't forget to sign up for the early bonus alert on our website www.cryptoflix.io

Best, Christian

thank you for popping out from time to time and clarify some of the doubts and question about the product, it comes natural to compare it with something we are familiar with sometimes, like Netflix Wink

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:58:55 AM

Content should be available in all qualities from 180p to 4k as people around the globe has varying internet speeds.

I think they said they will provide content in different qualities to provide the quality everyone needs.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:27:36 PM

Hey Everyone,

We do not consider Netflix to be a competitor. This is because Netflix is a subscription based service - like pay tv, but without a fixed schedule for when you can see the content on there. Netflix primarily license content for a one-off payment to the content owner and they also produce their own content. With a subscription you can watch the content as many times as you want.

For content owners, Netflix is one of the last windows of film distribution that you have - because as long as you are one Netflix - no one who is on Netflix will pay to watch your film or TV show on a pay per view basis. Netflix are very good at what they do and I have the deepest respect for them.

However it is important to say, that the films and TV shows that are on Netflix are not new - except for their own productions. So the new films on iTunes for instance will not be available on Netflix until many months after.

And the new films and TV shows are the ones we are going for for CryptoFlix. Therefore we will not have Netflix as a competitor because our content will be different from theirs.

2) We will start the platform in under developed countries - and very likely in Asia first
3) The price will be determined by the streaming quality chosen by the users - and the content owners will have more control over the pricing. So we are expecting to be competitive - otherwise how can we expect to even have a market let alone to compete with piracy.

Take care guys and don't forget to sign up for the early bonus alert on our website www.cryptoflix.io

Best, Christian

Good to get some clarification on some of the burning questions.
I still think that in some aspects Netflix will be a competitor because consumers around the world will have a choice with what they will do with their $10 a month: they can get netflix and watch classic movies, or they can use cryptoflix to watch some of the newer movies. Either way, for many people, they will choose only one of the options (and not both).

While I think a lot of people will still stay with Netflix I think the point about being not a competitor is that you can stay with Netflix but can use Cryptoflix as a extension.

For example you want to watch a specific movie definitely now and not in some months which is still not on Netflix as it is too new. You can go to Cryptoflix and watch the movie there and just pay for the movie. Maybe this is just the case once per months or once every two months that you want just to see some specific movie or tv show which is still not on Netflix and then you can go over to Cryptoflix and pay just for this. And in the meanwhile you don't have to pay anything else.

I'm really glad to her that Cryptoflix is going to concentrate on new movies. There are many platforms where you can watch older ones, not just Netflix, but as for the new ones, sometimes you really need to wait for months, that is really disappointing.

Indeed it's great news that there will be brand new stuff available on Cryptoflix. That plus no subscriptions means that many people wil want to at least try out the platform.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:44:23 PM

"The price will be determined by the streaming quality chosen by the users - and the content owners will have more control over the pricing."

So I was right, each country doesn't have it's own price, it didn't make sense after all

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:48:20 PM

"The price will be determined by the streaming quality chosen by the users - and the content owners will have more control over the pricing."

So I was right, each country doesn't have it's own price, it didn't make sense after all

indeed you could still live in the US and pay less than somebody living in a less developed country, if your internet connection is particularly crappy  Cool

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

Hey Everyone,

Best, Christian

I still think that in some aspects Netflix will be a competitor because consumers around the world will have a choice with what they will do with their $10 a month: they can get netflix and watch classic movies, or they can use cryptoflix to watch some of the newer movies. Either way, for many people, they will choose only one of the options (and not both).

While I think a lot of people will still stay with Netflix I think the point about being not a competitor is that you can stay with Netflix but can use Cryptoflix as a extension.

For example you want to watch a specific movie definitely now and not in some months which is still not on Netflix as it is too new. You can go to Cryptoflix and watch the movie there and just pay for the movie. Maybe this is just the case once per months or once every two months that you want just to see some specific movie or tv show which is still not on Netflix and then you can go over to Cryptoflix and pay just for this. And in the meanwhile you don't have to pay anything else.

I'm really glad to her that Cryptoflix is going to concentrate on new movies. There are many platforms where you can watch older ones, not just Netflix, but as for the new ones, sometimes you really need to wait for months, that is really disappointing.

Indeed it's great news that there will be brand new stuff available on Cryptoflix. That plus no subscriptions means that many people wil want to at least try out the platform.

Thats great for the user but how do you insure the income for the company? Its not like that workers or the serverfarm wont cost any money.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:53:42 PM

Hey Everyone,

Best, Christian

I can understand your view and respect your vision but there is a little problem in there, the people you are trying to reach had very little money or not have any money at all. So it would be hard for them to pay your fee.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:59:00 PM

I am not so sure. It just means that different quality has different price but it does not say that there is no possibility for different prices in different countires.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:04:32 PM

Hey Everyone,

Best, Christian

to get a good start they have to go out on the market with an unmissable offer like new films in first sight, so the pay-per-view/video on demand offer will be diversified according to the choice of the speed of the streaming, very well...
saintkamei

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:09:24 PM

In Changelly you can exchange giat for coins/tokens am I right? Maybe if they add flix to changelly we'll be able to exchange fiat for them. And btw someone is working on molecular swap (fiat-crypto)

You can buy coins in changelly using credit cards in a single transaction. That's the coolest part. For flix, to be added to the list it will need a significant marketcap.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:44:36 PM

Thats great for the user but how do you insure the income for the company? Its not like that workers or the serverfarm wont cost any money.

I can understand your view and respect your vision but there is a little problem in there, the people you are trying to reach had very little money or not have any money at all. So it would be hard for them to pay your fee.

If they start business in Asia they could limit their server farm to Asia as well so that it doesn't cost much. Most businesses start with losses though. It may take some time to attract enough users.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:53:02 PM

In Changelly you can exchange giat for coins/tokens am I right? Maybe if they add flix to changelly we'll be able to exchange fiat for them. And btw someone is working on molecular swap (fiat-crypto)

You can buy coins in changelly using credit cards in a single transaction. That's the coolest part. For flix, to be added to the list it will need a significant marketcap.
By the way, were there any announcements by dev about the alleged plans of listing? for token availability in this platform will needed the more exchanges.
webwakko

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:00:00 PM

By the way, were there any announcements by dev about the alleged plans of listing? for token availability in this platform will needed the more exchanges.
An important part for this project is offering full series, no series that are halfly baked and people need to wait ages to see the sequels, new seasons.. and I'm referring to the ones that are already fully filmed and released.
Netflix has some of those series that they only post 5 of 7 seasons.. while 6 and 7 are already broadcasted on other channels before.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:00:20 PM

I am not so sure. It just means that different quality has different price but it does not say that there is no possibility for different prices in different countires.

Different price for different quality is the make sense one instead of based on different countries.
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:02:17 PM

that's true but it will take some time to get listed. usually etherdelta will add this first.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:33:12 PM

If they start business in Asia they could limit their server farm to Asia as well so that it doesn't cost much. Most businesses start with losses though. It may take some time to attract enough users.

Of course, there would be ways and not every people in this countries are amazingly poor but still, it is a tough crowd and it would be hard to convince them.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
aveon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:05:28 PM

Of course, there would be ways and not every people in this countries are amazingly poor but still, it is a tough crowd and it would be hard to convince them.
If the price-quality balance will be convenient and acceptable, it's not very hard to make people buy the products or services. The only problem is that in some countries people did just not get used to paying for such stuff at all.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:56:16 PM

If the price-quality balance will be convenient and acceptable, it's not very hard to make people buy the products or services. The only problem is that in some countries people did just not get used to paying for such stuff at all.

That's what they need market research for. But the team seems to be pretty determined about starting in under developed countries, so I assume they've done their research and they know what they are doing.

zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:35:48 PM

That's what they need market research for. But the team seems to be pretty determined about starting in under developed countries, so I assume they've done their research and they know what they are doing.

Some companies or startups are budgeting losses at the beginning of their project, maybe cryptoflix team budgeted the same. losses at the beginning.

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: