Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 11:24:27 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 221923 times)
Doron404

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 03:34:43 PM

I'm genuinely amused at whoever posted that sell order on my behalf. That was pretty funny Smiley

(Yeah, it wasn't me. Just a prank by someone.)

I've pulled WAY too many pranks in my life to complain.

I recently got a PM from somebody asking how to get an order on the book when they can't PM in the forum. Can one of you guys post something in the order book about how to contact you for people who aren't on the forum? Maybe a slightly obfuscated email address (so that spam bots don't collect it)?

Good idea. I added an email address to the order book.

Great. but it's important to check if you seller/buyer actually has the funds he's offering,
If not, everyone will be able to put orders at the price they want to and influence the market.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ASICSRUS

Activity: 70

Expert Computer Geek

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:30:27 PM

something about this doesn't feel right

i'm not the only one? lol  Grin

✰ If You Risk Nothing, You Risk Everything | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll | *Thread*

<3<3:::LOVE^YOUR^NEIGHBOR!!!:::|+i|_33+(((PLEASE)))====>Donate if you like me!~> 157YEcD4WQ9UbhZ7NSC2FpuaYfxHe3JgF2
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:46:27 PM

i'm not the only one? lol  Grin

Perhaps not, but you are the most annoying of the lot. This is a thread for exchanging MSC. Why not have some respect and move your warnings and protestations to your own thread?

grishnakh

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 04:52:45 PM

Perhaps not, but you are the most annoying of the lot. This is a thread for exchanging MSC. Why not have some respect and move your warnings and protestations to your own thread.
He's spreading his nonsense over all the mastercoin threads.
Ignored.

FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:01:55 PM

Perhaps not, but you are the most annoying of the lot. This is a thread for exchanging MSC. Why not have some respect and move your warnings and protestations to your own thread.
He's spreading his nonsense over all the mastercoin threads.
Ignored.

Same here

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

Sorry for not making this a moderated thread. I tend to have a high bar for deleting posts on my other threads (typically they have to be really abusive), but he finally crossed the ignore threshold for me too.

bybitcoin

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:17:18 PM

Sorry for not making this a moderated thread. I tend to have a high bar for deleting posts on my other threads (typically they have to be really abusive), but he finally crossed the ignore threshold for me too.
Post a big red warning alarm (also add it in the OP) addressing the transfer of this thread to a self-moderated new one, you should have done this much earlier Wink
HammerFist

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:39:39 PM

well this sooner or later would happen. Those >5K MSC holder dragons will be wakening one by one if they see the price is going up madly. Still I believe dacoin's possible offer is caused by his integrity to push back the things to sanity again!
Holy crap, exactly how many have more than 5000 each?
malevolent
can into space
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:43:49 PM

Anyone who sent >50 BTC to https://blockchain.info/address/1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P?sort=1 before the end of August now has >5000 MSC.
(the exchange rate was 100 MSC : 1 BTC)
HammerFist

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:05:57 PM

Anyone who sent >50 BTC to https://blockchain.info/address/1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P?sort=1 before the end of August now has >5000 MSC.
(the exchange rate was 100 MSC : 1 BTC)
You are brilliant.  Did you major in mathematics?  I know the rate.  I understand multiplication.  How many sent more than 50 BTC? 

Someone needs to work up a top 25 or something.
malevolent
can into space
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

You are brilliant.  Did you major in mathematics?  I know the rate.  I understand multiplication.  How many sent more than 50 BTC? 
Someone needs to work up a top 25 or something.

You are welcome to contribute.
Pouncer

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 09:48:58 PM

While the rest of the world is sleeping, and after learning that the dacoinminster request was indeed a hoax, I've removed the "Request" tab which is no longer in use.

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
rbdrbd

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:06:39 PM

well this sooner or later would happen. Those >5K MSC holder dragons will be wakening one by one if they see the price is going up madly. Still I believe dacoin's possible offer is caused by his integrity to push back the things to sanity again!

You can get some information by exploring transactions for the month of August to excel format from blockchain.info (after showing confirmed only and received only), then sorting highest by lowest...but that just shows individual transactions...not total wallet balances. I'd be interested in seeing the latter.

However, going off of this raw transaction data... I'd guess somewhere between 14 and 18 folks have wallets with >5000 mastercoin (or at least this was the case at the closing of the window to contribute to the exodus address).

A more in depth wealth analysis would be great!! Things I'd love to see:
* Distribution of wealth (e.g. how skewed is it towards whales)
* Wallet balances of top 25 holders
rbdrbd

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:11:56 PM

sanity ? lmao selling coins of some unclear protocol that is at odds with the BTC devs ...yes BUY BUY BUY!!  Grin LOL
Well you say the same thing as me, but with opposition mark Huh Disclaimer: I sold 90% of my coins Wink
But if dacoinminster's neutrality and passiveness do not kill his own project, I believe the real price (WHEN AND IF ALL THE FEATURES ARE IMPLEMENTED) is about to land and stay around the 1 BTC horizon.
Some kids are excited and spamming these threads reasoning about why it will be 20-30 BTC per MSC by two or three years, I invite them to do a simple multiplication (~600K MSC*30 BTC). God bless btt community!

Have someone from Forbes, Huff Post, etc. pick up a story on Mastercoin, and see how long it takes it to get to the 1-2 BTC point. That's all that will be necessary.

I think once a basic distributed exchange is in place and being used (as per the current bounty) that could end up happening. The way it rides on top of the bitcoin blockchain is very interesting and I would think worth writing about, once you have something you can share with it in the article (i.e. working distributed exchange, etc)
Luckybit

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:30:40 PM

sanity ? lmao selling coins of some unclear protocol that is at odds with the BTC devs ...yes BUY BUY BUY!!  Grin LOL
Well you say the same thing as me, but with opposition mark Huh Disclaimer: I sold 90% of my coins Wink
But if dacoinminster's neutrality and passiveness do not kill his own project, I believe the real price (WHEN AND IF ALL THE FEATURES ARE IMPLEMENTED) is about to land and stay around the 1 BTC horizon.
Some kids are excited and spamming these threads reasoning about why it will be 20-30 BTC per MSC by two or three years, I invite them to do a simple multiplication (~600K MSC*30 BTC). God bless btt community!

Have someone from Forbes, Huff Post, etc. pick up a story on Mastercoin, and see how long it takes it to get to the 1-2 BTC point. That's all that will be necessary.

I think once a basic distributed exchange is in place and being used (as per the current bounty) that could end up happening. The way it rides on top of the bitcoin blockchain is very interesting and I would think worth writing about, once you have something you can share with it in the article (i.e. working distributed exchange, etc)

I'm the one who said Mastercoin could someday be worth 20-30BTC each.

That is 18,000,000 Bitcoins if you're doing 600,000*30. This number is irrelevant though because you don't have to buy Mastercoins with Bitcoins so it's not really known how much it could be worth. A Mastercoin could go for way more than that too.

Honestly I don't know how much Mastercoin will ultimately be worth, but I expect 1-2 BTC per Mastercoin at some point. 20-30 BTC per Mastercoin depends on too many factors which no one can predict and is years away from happening if it happens at all. Kind of like how Bitcoin will probably go to $1000 but $100,000 we just don't know.

I would say don't buy Mastercoin under the certainty that the protocol will work. It's an experiment, it's high risk, and if it fails then the Mastercoins could be worth 0. If it succeeds then the sky is the limit.

The price of Mastercoins should reflect the progress of the protocol and not just blind speculation. People are buying now because they expect it to reach 1 BTC but that isn't going to happen instantly, and even if a decentralized exchange were here if that did happen the exchange would need enough volume. The buy/sell orders reflected on this site are a poor indication of the kind of volume the exchange would have.
alp

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:35:52 PM

That is 18,000,000 Bitcoins if you're doing 600,000*30. This number is irrelevant though because you don't have to buy Mastercoins with Bitcoins so it's not really known how much it could be worth. A Mastercoin could go for way more than that too.

Honestly I don't know how much Mastercoin will ultimately be worth, but I expect 1-2 BTC per Mastercoin at some point. 20-30 BTC per Mastercoin depends on too many factors which no one can predict and is years away from happening if it happens at all. Kind of like how Bitcoin will probably go to $1000 but $100,000 we just don't know.

I would say don't buy Mastercoin under the certainty that the protocol will work. It's an experiment, it's high risk, and if it fails then the Mastercoins could be worth 0. If it succeeds then the sky is the limit.

If it succeeds, the value goes to 0 as well, since it can be copied, and someone creates their system using Mastercoin2.  The best hope is the project never gets enough traction to prove failure or success, and random speculators keep trading value, and you get out before it's too late.
Luckybit

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 11:39:39 PM

If it succeeds, the value goes to 0 as well, since it can be copied, and someone creates their system using Mastercoin2.  The best hope is the project never gets enough traction to prove failure or success, and random speculators keep trading value, and you get out before it's too late.

If that happened then you can't say it succeeds. The truth is the value cannot go to zero and it be a success. If anyone copies it, I expect the value of the copy to be even higher than Mastercoin or at least higher than Bitcoin. The real question is why would anyone need or use the copy?

If we already have Mastercoin there is no incentive to buy another Mastercoin2 and start over. There is no incentive to build another Mastercoin if we can do everything we need to do with this protocol.

It may be a case where you have competitor products and they all are going for 2-3 BTC each and that could be what keeps Mastercoin from reaching 20-30 BTC each but so what? Just making a clone doesn't mean people will download your clone.

If I want to issue a currency or make a bet what incentive do I have to use Mastercoin2 if it offers no increased functionality and no economic incentive for me to switch?
alp

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:09:04 AM

If it succeeds, the value goes to 0 as well, since it can be copied, and someone creates their system using Mastercoin2.  The best hope is the project never gets enough traction to prove failure or success, and random speculators keep trading value, and you get out before it's too late.

If that happened then you can't say it succeeds. The truth is the value cannot go to zero and it be a success. If anyone copies it, I expect the value of the copy to be even higher than Mastercoin or at least higher than Bitcoin. The real question is why would anyone need or use the copy?

If we already have Mastercoin there is no incentive to buy another Mastercoin2 and start over. There is no incentive to build another Mastercoin if we can do everything we need to do with this protocol.

It may be a case where you have competitor products and they all are going for 2-3 BTC each and that could be what keeps Mastercoin from reaching 20-30 BTC each but so what? Just making a clone doesn't mean people will download your clone.

If I want to issue a currency or make a bet what incentive do I have to use Mastercoin2 if it offers no increased functionality and no economic incentive for me to switch?

Why would you need to use the copy?  The alt-coins would be cheaper to acquire to use for the same effect.

You don't build Mastercoin2, you simply fork Mastercoin1 and there you go.  There is no advantage from network effect, everything can be cloned, and you have useless tokens.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 12:16:30 AM

Why would you need to use the copy?  The alt-coins would be cheaper to acquire to use for the same effect.

You don't build Mastercoin2, you simply fork Mastercoin1 and there you go.  There is no advantage from network effect, everything can be cloned, and you have useless tokens.

Yeah! Just like what happened to bitcoin!

Oh wait . . .

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 12:17:48 AM

Pouncer, maybe it's best to remove dacoinminster's offer until confirmed ?
It effects the prices only by being there!
Who cares?  If it really effects the prices this is good for us.  People who buy on misinformation cause price fluctuations upon which you can get on the other side.  This is a profit opportunity.  The goal is not price increase at all costs, but rather buying/selling on information which the others didn't process correctly.  Smiley  Free markets baby!!!

free markets + caveat emptor

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.