Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226631 times)
Bitbird

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 05:29:34 PM

Hey all,

I'd like to post a sell offer for 1000 Mastercoins for 25 BTC.

Conditions:
1) I'll be sending the coins via the Mastercoin Advisor python tool, and posting the details of each step here so they can be verified.  If JR is feeling helpful perhaps he could validate the steps (cheeky ask I know)
2) The sell offer is a one-off single trade offer.  I'm not prepared to split down into several smaller sales since I'm going to be asking the community to verify the transaction data & process - I don't want to take the p*ss and ask this be done several times.
3) The sell offer isn't negotiable - I have strong beliefs this project is going to do really well and will easily surpass this price but I think that will take some time so I'm spreading my risk - full disclosure this sale would be approx 15% of my coins.

Also, please don't troll me or call me a scammer - if you don't think the offer is reasonable that's cool Smiley there is no pressure to take me up on this.

Cheers!

Deal!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 06:13:08 PM

Hey all,

I'd like to post a sell offer for 1000 Mastercoins for 25 BTC.

Conditions:
1) I'll be sending the coins via the Mastercoin Advisor python tool, and posting the details of each step here so they can be verified.  If JR is feeling helpful perhaps he could validate the steps (cheeky ask I know)
2) The sell offer is a one-off single trade offer.  I'm not prepared to split down into several smaller sales since I'm going to be asking the community to verify the transaction data & process - I don't want to take the p*ss and ask this be done several times.
3) The sell offer isn't negotiable - I have strong beliefs this project is going to do really well and will easily surpass this price but I think that will take some time so I'm spreading my risk - full disclosure this sale would be approx 15% of my coins.

Also, please don't troll me or call me a scammer - if you don't think the offer is reasonable that's cool Smiley there is no pressure to take me up on this.

Cheers!

Deal!

Selling MasterCoins: You're doing it right!

I'm happy to look over transactions, but you might have to wait a few days for me to get around to it, depending on when you post. Others here are also capable of taking a look.

Bitbird

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 06:30:32 PM

@dacoinminster

I also agree that! I'm even not quite sure about how to send and receive the transactions. It just begin from test the response of the psychological price/rate of MSC. Need to learn more. And these is really interesting!

lishbtc

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:30:16 PM

Hey guys,

Bitbird & I have a deal...

Bitbird,
1) Please use Tachikoma's tool to verify I have around 7000 Mastercoins at my address 12bDX26J84x545pzfSZouULeqjfBtAe9Lv.  I'll be selling you 1000 of these.  I bought these directly via the Exodus address.

2) Once you're satisfied I own the coins, please transfer the 25 BTC to my receiving address 1LqVYQunBMCmiiNzY62Z6oYPzwM2hGE38h.

3) Please provide the BTC address you want to receive your Mastercoins at

4) Once I receive the BTC, I'll post the details that Mastercoin Advisor gives me to have the community verify the data, and then I'll make the transactions from my bitcoin-qt wallet.

Cheers!

* Also whilst I'm a man of my word and don't want to be a PITA, BTC has tanked ~10% since I made the offer making the trade 10% less valuable to me.  I'll still honor it but Bitbird mentioned it may take a few days to respond - if BTC tanks substantially further before receiving the BTC I reserve the right to withdraw this offer - sorry guys.

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 09:41:46 PM

Hey guys,

Bitbird,
1) Please use Tachikoma's tool to verify I have around 7000 Mastercoins at my address 12bDX26J84x545pzfSZouULeqjfBtAe9Lv.  I'll be selling you 1000 of these.  I bought these directly via the Exodus address.

2) Once you're satisfied I own the coins, please transfer the 25 BTC to my receiving address 1LqVYQunBMCmiiNzY62Z6oYPzwM2hGE38h.

4) Once I receive the BTC, I'll post the details that Mastercoin Advisor gives me to have the community verify the data, and then I'll make the transactions from my bitcoin-qt wallet.

Cheers!

* Also whilst I'm a man of my word and don't want to be a PITA, BTC has tanked ~10% since I made the offer making the trade 10% less valuable to me.  I'll still honor it but Bitbird mentioned it may take a few days to respond - if BTC tanks substantially further before receiving the BTC I reserve the right to withdraw this offer - sorry guys.

Looks like that address paid 30 BTC on 8/16 and another 30 BTC on 8/24. Looks like you'll be turning a nice profit! Smiley

No sends from that address yet. Looks good to me.

I'm really pleased that I can already claim that all my investors have more than doubled the value of their investment. And we're just getting started!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:39:58 PM

I'd be very thankful if somebody could take a look and let me know if my approach is correct.
I'd like to transfer 2500 Mastercoins from address 14S5bE4ZGbb4oMXsnNn4zErdKBN5Lyiihb to a new address 1CPgYTdPm4tFNMb5dxeXjeTosvhJq6WgBf

This is the output from MastercoinAdvisor (Mastercoin-explorer.com gives the same result):

The Exodus Address:    1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P
The recipient address: 1CPgYTdPm4tFNMb5dxeXjeTosvhJq6WgBf
The data address:      1CDN7bX4Gi3wn7nEScchcZSt7drWxDChtf

data stored was: 007b00000000000000010000003a352944000000007f81e6ec

So I would now transfer 0.00006 BTC these 3 addresses, making sure that the sending address is the address currently holding the Mastercoins (14S5bE4ZGbb4oMXsnNn4zErdKBN5Lyiihb).

Does this look like it will be working?

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 10:44:11 PM

I'd be very thankful if somebody could take a look and let me know if my approach is correct.
I'd like to transfer 2500 Mastercoins from address 14S5bE4ZGbb4oMXsnNn4zErdKBN5Lyiihb to a new address 1CPgYTdPm4tFNMb5dxeXjeTosvhJq6WgBf

This is the output from MastercoinAdvisor (Mastercoin-explorer.com gives the same result):

The Exodus Address:    1EXoDusjGwvnjZUyKkxZ4UHEf77z6A5S4P
The recipient address: 1CPgYTdPm4tFNMb5dxeXjeTosvhJq6WgBf
The data address:      1CDN7bX4Gi3wn7nEScchcZSt7drWxDChtf

data stored was: 007b00000000000000010000003a352944000000007f81e6ec

So I would now transfer 0.00006 BTC these 3 addresses, making sure that the sending address is the address currently holding the Mastercoins (14S5bE4ZGbb4oMXsnNn4zErdKBN5Lyiihb).

Does this look like it will be working?

Looks good as long as the transaction comes from 14S5bE4ZGbb4oMXsnNn4zErdKBN5Lyiihb - the safest way to ensure the sending address is to transfer all your coins there before you do the send.

The elite way is to transfer the exact amount you'll need there, including the transaction fee, so that there's no change address. In my experience bitcoin-qt always picks that address if it has exact change. This doesn't really change anything functionally, but it looks cooler. Smiley

Also, make sure you send them all at once. The spec originally called for being able to send them one at a time, but nobody has done it that way yet, and it may be unsupported.

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:07:53 AM

"...make sure you send them all at once. The spec originally called for being able to send them one at a time, but nobody has done it that way yet, and it may be unsupported."

I think I may have a problem here. I'd like to send some mastercoins from a Coinbase wallet, which of course doesn't support sending to more than one address at a time. Is there any way to do this?

(I hope I haven't been an idiot for buying mastercoins using a Coinbase wallet. I just had no choice: Blockchain wallets were down, I was unable to use Armory to pay before the deadline because it was downloading the blockchain, and of course an Mt. Gox wallet would've lost the mastercoins completely. Peh.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
maxmint

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 12:49:55 PM

"...make sure you send them all at once. The spec originally called for being able to send them one at a time, but nobody has done it that way yet, and it may be unsupported."

I think I may have a problem here. I'd like to send some mastercoins from a Coinbase wallet, which of course doesn't support sending to more than one address at a time. Is there any way to do this?

(I hope I haven't been an idiot for buying mastercoins using a Coinbase wallet. I just had no choice: Blockchain wallets were down, I was unable to use Armory to pay before the deadline because it was downloading the blockchain, and of course an Mt. Gox wallet would've lost the mastercoins completely. Peh.)

Can you export private keys from your Coinbase wallet? Then you could just import the key into your QT wallet (or blockchain.info wallet).

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 03:26:33 PM

I'm pretty sure CoinBase is in the same camp as MtGox. Getting the key to the address would do the trick though. Not sure how far you will get with their customer support on something like that though . . .

Also, I don't know who 1Bqp4VEweM1S8FKGHWYviRRtSxv5tMAVih is, but they appear to be trying to do a MasterCoin transaction in multiple send transactions instead of one transaction. It's not clear yet whether we will be able to support that. Currently the only officially recognized transactions are all in one sendmany transaction. I'm crossing my fingers that Android will support SendMany soon.

Bitbird

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 06:05:30 PM

Hey guys,

Bitbird,

Cheers!

Hi lishbtc,

Number confirmed!
http://mastercoin-explorer.com/homes?address=12bDX26J84x545pzfSZouULeqjfBtAe9Lv&commit=Check+coins+bought

Duo to I'm going abroad and the larger amount of the transaction, I would like to ask an escrower. If dacoinminster (or any reputable hero member by recommend) willing to act as one that would be great!

Bitbird

Olimpiata

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:46:24 PM

I am looking to purchase 500+ (maximum 2000) MSC. Please PM me or post here with offers.

Many thanks!
lishbtc

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:45:26 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 12:01:26 AM by lishbtc

Hey bitbird,

Really sorry but I'm going to withdraw my sell offer.  It's just taking too long to organize - BTC was @ 146 (Gox) when I posted the offer a few days ago, it's @ 125 now making the MSC/USD rate (for this trade) significantly less and thus I wouldn't be recovering as much of my investment as I had scoped in the original trade offer.

If we had continued this escrow would be fine but whilst not wanting to speak for JR I think he'll want to avoid setting a precedent that he'll be one of the parties in others trades (uninformed people crying scam/conflict of interest etc) - there will probably be other reputable members who I'm sure can fill that role.

When we have the distributed exchange up and running lead time won't be an issue and I won't have to worry about my sell offer falling 15% in value during the trade!

Thanks for understanding & my sincere apologies if you feel messed about Smiley

buymastercoin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:32:25 AM

I am the official forum user for http://www.BuyMastercoin.com.

We launched BuyMastercoin on Aug 31st in order to provide a safe and reliable place for people to exchange Mastercoins since after this date you could no longer buy Mastercoins through the exodus address.

Our current format is over the counter yet we plan to launch a real-time Mastercoin exchange soon. We will allow people to buy and sell Mastercoins using dollars, euros, litecoins, altcoins, ripples, bitcoins and more.

We want to help build the Mastercoin ecosystem, especially now that the client is not yet developed and has some time to go. We also look to provide valuable information to the Mastercoin community such as MSC/BTC price charts, and tools for Mastercoin derived markets.

Visit us at http://www.BuyMastercoin.com and subscribe for news updates and to sign up for our beta.

For up to date pricing information or to receive an exact price quote please email us through our contact form.

Thank you.

-BuyMastercoin.com Team
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:40:40 AM

I'm pretty sure CoinBase is in the same camp as MtGox. Getting the key to the address would do the trick though. Not sure how far you will get with their customer support on something like that though . . .

Also, I don't know who 1Bqp4VEweM1S8FKGHWYviRRtSxv5tMAVih is, but they appear to be trying to do a MasterCoin transaction in multiple send transactions instead of one transaction. It's not clear yet whether we will be able to support that. Currently the only officially recognized transactions are all in one sendmany transaction. I'm crossing my fingers that Android will support SendMany soon.

If this is true, then my Mastercoins will remain locked in a Coinbase wallet ad infinitum. This would, as you'd no doubt appreciate, be awful.

I didn't just go ahead blindly here. I read most of the thread before buying Mastercoins, and though mention was made of needing to have "full control" of one's addresses, I distinguished the level of control that Gox offers from that of Coinbase by the fact that one can keep a list of one's addresses, create/delete them, and so forth on Coinbase. I found no mention that one would need to have access to the private key, and so I concluded that Coinbase was in the same boat as Blockchain's Mywallet, and thus suitable for buying Mastercoins. So I bought 100.

You've done some brilliant work here - thank you for that - I'm so excited to be part of Mastercoin in its beginning stages. Please, please tell me there's something that can be done to solve this problem.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:48:15 AM

^ You're going to have to deal with Coinbase as I don't see how any 3rd party can help you. They have a rep who frequents the forum (check service discussion) who may be your best bet for assistance.

Bitbird

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 05:07:47 PM

@lishbtc
No need for sorry! It's been fully understood. I also have to suspended from trading for personal travel. I hope there are still opportunities for future cooperation.

Cheers!

Olimpiata

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:47:45 PM

Still looking to buy 1400 more MSC guys!
lishbtc

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 10:27:07 PM

Olimpiata has agreed an adjusted rate of 1000 MSC for 30 BTC. Any reputable members willing to handle an escrow?

maxmint

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 10:28:35 PM

Olimpiata has agreed an adjusted rate of 1000 MSC for 30 BTC. Any reputable members willing to handle an escrow?

I'd do escrow if you think that I'm reputable enough.
Edit: I have bought Mastercoins from someone myself, so I think I can tell if a Mastercoin transfer was successful.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: