Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226618 times)
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:10:14 AM

I'll put another 200 up for 0.12BTC each.  Cheers

Added you to the order book.

going to have a trade with lishbtc.
Who can be the escrow?

I can escrow this. Please post your addresses here or send a PM.

hi,maxmint

jeroenn13 connect me with a 200MSC trade.

I want to buy 200msc with 24BTC from jeroenn13.

can you escrow it for me.

my address is 15WsYinrZCiPa95JRYfzh3wu2GXopaNZWu

Sent you a PM.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 10:54:13 AM

was just rapping with the guys at Cryptsy ~ apparently MSC will be listed there soon?  Cool

Are you asking or telling? Smiley

yes i'm talking to them about this whole thing, who goes there?  Grin

How would it even be possible to do that?

I got links~ been dealing with them for the past 6 months !  Cool *fwiw i'm big into copywrite and USPTO patient legal type stuff!

If somehow Mastercoins are sold through cryptsy thats going to be interesting. I guess BuyMastercoin is going to have some competition.

BuyMastercoin what the hell is that ?  Cheesy

website to buy Mastercoins
http://buymastercoin.com/

ok

what no email no phone number the price just goes bigger everytime I look ~ what is the deal?  Grin

The price is going high because a few people are hoarding coins but that is to be expected because its hard to actually sell coins.

It's going to change soon though. There will be a giveaway thread.
littleblue

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:23:22 AM

was just rapping with the guys at Cryptsy ~ apparently MSC will be listed there soon?  Cool

I got links~ been dealing with them for the past 6 months !  Cool *fwiw i'm big into copywrite and USPTO patient legal type stuff!

If somehow Mastercoins are sold through cryptsy thats going to be interesting. I guess BuyMastercoin is going to have some competition.

ok

what no email no phone number the price just goes bigger everytime I look ~ what is the deal?  Grin

The price is going high because a few people are hoarding coins but that is to be expected because its hard to actually sell coins.

really?
Luckybit

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:27:16 AM

ok

really?

JR and I discussed a plan where we create a giveaway thread to give away small amounts of Mastercoin. Something like 0.1 to 0.9 so that there are more stakeholders. It shouldn't affect the price too much for people who want large amounts but if someone just wants less than a whole Mastercoin they'll be able to get that.

I still have to talk to JR about it. Right now the script to send Mastercoins isn't working for me so until that gets working I can't do anything. Also JR has to organize it.

I'm a long term holder in Mastercoin. I only intended to sell 30 and not for a while which is why I set the price high enough that it shouldn't be sold until we have close to a working protocol.
Zephir

Activity: 533
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:30:40 AM

I've just got pm from the Q dude

I'll sell you 200 MSC at 12BTC via BitMerch escrow, let me know.

Yeah DO NOT trade with Q. I'm surprised he is still hanging around trying to scam people after already taking my 10 BTC.

I'll put up a scam report now so people are more aware. e: done

There is already a thread in the german section about bitmerch scamming users with fake-escrow.
They already uncovered his ID.
Maybe there is a chance for you to get your coins back.
This is the german thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304206.0
If there is a problem with the google translator, I will help you to translate it.

Signatures lead to paid signature programs which leads to spam!

Clearly we must eliminate the signatures... or ban the paid sig programs
HammerFist

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:32:48 AM

The price is going high because a few people are hoarding coins
The price is high because the coins are valuable and people who have coins believe they are worth more than the prices offered.  Is that 'hoarding'? 
Faraday

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:33:17 AM

I've just got pm from the Q dude

I'll sell you 200 MSC at 12BTC via BitMerch escrow, let me know.

Yeah DO NOT trade with Q. I'm surprised he is still hanging around trying to scam people after already taking my 10 BTC.

I'll put up a scam report now so people are more aware. e: done

There is already a thread in the german section about bitmerch scamming users with fake-escrow.
They already uncovered his ID.
Maybe there is a chance for you to get your coins back.
This is the german thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304206.0
If there is a problem with the google translator, I will help you to translate it.

It would be nice if we could get an edit in the first post with a warning not to use this bitmerch site as escrow.
Luckybit

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:37:59 AM

The price is going high because a few people are hoarding coins
The price is high because the coins are valuable and people who have coins believe they are worth more than the prices offered.  Is that 'hoarding'? 

There are some addresses that have 50,000 coins so certainly some people are hoarding. I don't blame them at all because I would do the same thing but the concern is about how they intend to sell it. If they dump 50,000 coins then the price will sink too much too fast and that isn't good for you if you're trying to speculate and make a buck. What you want is for enough people to have the coins and demand to be sufficient that one person dumping 50,000 coins wont completely crash the price for you.

You want an equllibrium point and we have not reached that yet because price discovery isn't yet based on progress on the development front but more based on people starting to hear rumors about Mastercoin and the clever idea it is. Obviously I think 1 MSC is worth 2 BTC but it's not going to be worth that before the protocol even works. Let us be honest and admit the it's still just an idea right now.
milkyman

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:36:03 PM

Hi maxmint,

I would like to sell some Mastercoins:

25 MSC for 3.2 BTC (0.128 BTC each)
16 MSC for 3.04 BTC (0.19 BTC each)
13 MSC for 3.744 BTC (0.288 BTC each)

Thanks for your efforts! Cheesy
viruscs

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:28:37 PM

I'll put another 200 up for 0.12BTC each.  Cheers

Added you to the order book.

going to have a trade with lishbtc.
Who can be the escrow?

I can escrow this. Please post your addresses here or send a PM.

hi,maxmint

jeroenn13 connect me with a 200MSC trade.

I want to buy 200msc with 24BTC from jeroenn13.

can you escrow it for me.

my address is 15WsYinrZCiPa95JRYfzh3wu2GXopaNZWu

Sent you a PM.

thanks very much.

xuemike

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

Does the recent price rise have anything to do with the latest core dev updates?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:03:01 PM

hey Gals and Guys,

I am writing the 2nd weekly newsletter tonight and if you have any suggestions to include anything from the previous week please let me know.

For your reference the blog is here

http://blog.mastercoin.org/

thanks in advance.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:05:52 PM

JR and I discussed a plan where we create a giveaway thread to give away small amounts of Mastercoin. Something like 0.1 to 0.9 so that there are more stakeholders. It shouldn't affect the price too much for people who want large amounts but if someone just wants less than a whole Mastercoin they'll be able to get that.

I still have to talk to JR about it. Right now the script to send Mastercoins isn't working for me so until that gets working I can't do anything. Also JR has to organize it.

I'm a long term holder in Mastercoin. I only intended to sell 30 and not for a while which is why I set the price high enough that it shouldn't be sold until we have close to a working protocol.

If you want to trust an exe file, I have a version of MasterCoin Advisor compiled to exe linked here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.msg2919863#msg2919863

Let me know when you've got sending MSC to yourself sorted out Smiley

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:08:44 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 05:55:48 PM by dacoinminster

I've opened up the MSC giveaway thread again. Details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272577.0

Luckybit, do you need some test MSC to give away along with your MSC?

Please take a look at the rules I posted and let me know if they make sense to you. Thanks!

nanobit

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:55:08 PM

Added a warning in the OP. I'm sorry to hear that the scammers are operating here Sad

Be careful

It would be great if we could have more than just Max as a reliable escrow provider. I'm sure everyone agrees he is doing a brilliant job, but the amount of trades seem to grow by the day.
Naturally there's the inherent problem with trust, which makes finding a second provider quite difficult.

One solution might be, assuming someone wants to help and share Max's load, is that the escrow provider would give a fair amount of his MSC in escrow to dacoinminster. That way people trading would know that in case he tries to scam them, they are still compensated by dacoinminster from the scammer's own coins.

Having said that, nobody probably wants volunteer to do this unless there's fee per trade, unless you're really committed to this community and trust you'll get enough in tips to make it worth your while.  Smiley

Luckybit

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:57:42 PM

I've opened up the MSC giveaway thread again. Details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272577.0

Luckybit, do you need some test MSC to give away along with your MSC?

Please take a look at the rules I posted and let me know if they make sense to you. Thanks!

The exe seems to work, I'm testing it right now.

Those rules are cool with me.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 05:58:15 PM

If you want to trust an exe file, I have a version of MasterCoin Advisor compiled to exe linked here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.msg2919863#msg2919863

I tried the exe and the script. The exe crashed after I entered in the information and hit enter. The script I compiled ran but crashed after I entered the information with this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "MastercoinAdv.py", line 13, in <module>
    recipientBytes = base58_found.b58decode(recipientAddress, 25);
NameError: name 'base58_found' is not defined

I will try the exe and python script again and see if I can get it working.

The program is probably not very tolerant of anything which isn't exactly what it expects (extra whitespace, etc). I believe it is what most people are using though, so others here should be able to help you sort this out.

Thanks!

Edit: Sounds like it is working now. Sweet.

Luckybit

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

I tried the exe and the script. The exe crashed after I entered in the information and hit enter. The script I compiled ran but crashed after I entered the information with this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "MastercoinAdv.py", line 13, in <module>
    recipientBytes = base58_found.b58decode(recipientAddress, 25);
NameError: name 'base58_found' is not defined

I will try the exe and python script again and see if I can get it working.

The program is probably not very tolerant of anything which isn't exactly what it expects (extra whitespace, etc). I believe it is what most people are using though, so others here should be able to help you sort this out.

Thanks!

Edit: Sounds like it is working now. Sweet.

Wow that thread is fantastic, you're really good at marketing. I am watching and learning.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:22:34 PM

Added a warning in the OP. I'm sorry to hear that the scammers are operating here Sad

Be careful

It would be great if we could have more than just Max as a reliable escrow provider. I'm sure everyone agrees he is doing a brilliant job, but the amount of trades seem to grow by the day.
Naturally there's the inherent problem with trust, which makes finding a second provider quite difficult.

One solution might be, assuming someone wants to help and share Max's load, is that the escrow provider would give a fair amount of his MSC in escrow to dacoinminster. That way people trading would know that in case he tries to scam them, they are still compensated by dacoinminster from the scammer's own coins.

Having said that, nobody probably wants volunteer to do this unless there's fee per trade, unless you're really committed to this community and trust you'll get enough in tips to make it worth your while.  Smiley

I don't mind working for tips when i'm available, but I don't have reputation for it yet  Roll Eyes
Luckybit

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:56:41 PM

It's all set, testing is complete. Time for me to advertise the giveaway thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: