Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:06:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92597 times)
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 913
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:10:18 AM

Hi Admin, my friend got 1 btc2 and he ask me for help, his question is why his wallet not staking for almost 5 days his pc was running, is there any problem? I gave him the proper setup that I got here in our discussion but seems that we missed something..

here's his wallet ...

My question is, Is there a minimum amount of btc2 to stake? as stated on the main website stated "Only a minority of the coins in circulation are being staked at any given time so you do not need to own a lot of Bitcoin 2s to be able to get block rewards."

I see that the staking status icon at the bottom right appears grey. It should at least sometimes turn green while staking. To make sure that he is staking, check tools - Debug console and type: getstakingstatus. (All values should be true like so:
{
  "validtime": true,
  "haveconnections": true,
  "walletunlocked": true,
  "mintablecoins": true,
  "enoughcoins": true,
  "mnsync": true,
  "staking status": true
}

And while 1 BTC2 is technically enough to stake, for him to get the block reward of 0.6 BTC2 he would get 60% ROI and cannot expect that to happen every few days. With a low balance it takes a lot longer to earn block rewards. It's like a lottery and he only has one ticket. My guess is that right now it would take him at least 15 days to get that 0.6 BTC2 reward averagely speaking, but due to the randomness it can happen much sooner or much later.
And then after he creates the first block, with his 1.6 BTC2 balance he would have 60% higher chance to get the next reward, and so on.

He have:

"mintablecoins": false,
  "staking status": false

now how to enable that sir?

He should  try to restart the wallet, wait five minutes and check again. Most likely this will fix it. (He probably started the wallet before he had a mature staking balance).

If that doesn't help, check transactions and hover over the 1 BTC2 transaction to see if it is fully mature with 101 or more confirmations (there should be a checkmark next to the transaction). Also check Tools - Information and Current number of blocks should be higher than 29888 (if not, then he is not in the right chain).

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
walker14

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:18:20 AM

giving this a chance hope it goes well
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:54:24 AM

Hi Admin, my friend got 1 btc2 and he ask me for help, his question is why his wallet not staking for almost 5 days his pc was running, is there any problem? I gave him the proper setup that I got here in our discussion but seems that we missed something..

here's his wallet ...

My question is, Is there a minimum amount of btc2 to stake? as stated on the main website stated "Only a minority of the coins in circulation are being staked at any given time so you do not need to own a lot of Bitcoin 2s to be able to get block rewards."

I see that the staking status icon at the bottom right appears grey. It should at least sometimes turn green while staking. To make sure that he is staking, check tools - Debug console and type: getstakingstatus. (All values should be true like so:
{
  "mintablecoins": true,
  "staking status": true
}

And while 1 BTC2 is technically enough to stake, for him to get the block reward of 0.6 BTC2 he would get 60% ROI and cannot expect that to happen every few days. With a low balance it takes a lot longer to earn block rewards. It's like a lottery and he only has one ticket. My guess is that right now it would take him at least 15 days to get that 0.6 BTC2 reward averagely speaking, but due to the randomness it can happen much sooner or much later.
And then after he creates the first block, with his 1.6 BTC2 balance he would have 60% higher chance to get the next reward, and so on.

He have:

"mintablecoins": false,
  "staking status": false

now how to enable that sir?

He should  try to restart the wallet, wait five minutes and check again. Most likely this will fix it. (He probably started the wallet before he had a mature staking balance).

If that doesn't help, check transactions and hover over the 1 BTC2 transaction to see if it is fully mature with 101 or more confirmations (there should be a checkmark next to the transaction). Also check Tools - Information and Current number of blocks should be higher than 29888 (if not, then he is not in the right chain).

Thanks it's working now! It's turn the color green now! As always thanks for your help!
eisbrecher71

Activity: 868
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:35:27 AM

Hi!
How to optimize the stacking process. In order for the process to work at 100 percent?
Should we split coins between different adresses or its better to keep them in one wallet?

Note that with a balance of less than 30 BTC2 your staking efficiency would already be close enough to 100%. If you have a higher balance, consider doing the following steps:

To achieve 100% staking efficiency:

1) Make sure you're allowing incoming connections and that you are connected to a lot of peers.
There's currently 25 nodes connected to the Bitcoin 2 network. If you see only a few peers connected, then have a look at the following to get better results:

Most home routers have NAT that by default blocks incoming connections initiated by someone else than you so you are likely connected to very few peers because of that and thus more likely to mint orphaned blocks. You can usually fix that and start allowing incoming connections with one of two ways:

... A) Launch Bitcoin 2 Core, go to Settings - Options. Go to Network. Enable: "Map port using UPnP". Then restart the app. You may also want to read this article: https://dirkmittler.homeip.net/blog/archives/3340
... B) Or follow the guide at: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#enabling-connections - the steps are exactly the same for Bitcoin 2.

2) You wallet should have 100 UTXOs (unspent transaction outputs, AKA unspent incoming transactions) or more.  This is because every time you stake or send an amount, that amount cannot be staked or spent for 101 blocks, while it is maturing (being staked). You can see the number of UTXOs that you have in the Coin Control dialog. Doesn't matter how many addresses or wallets they are split into. One single address can hold these 100 UTXOs.
if your balance is lower than 500 BTC2, You can get a close enough result without that much effort by splitting your balance into stacks of 5 - 50 BTC2. For example 150 BTC2 can just be split into 5 pieces and you'd be unlikely to notice the difference in efficiency of that versus splitting it in 100 parts. You can do the splitting by sending BTC2 to yourself.

For example.
I have 180 BTC2
I just need to:

Split them into 6 pieces by sending to myself 6 times 30 BTC2?

That is all?

That's correct. However, all in one transaction (using multiple recipients).

Thank you!

Another questions
1.(using multiple recipients) - You mean I should go to:  -  Settings-  MultiSend- (and click bar  Send for stakes)
2. If yes, how many percentage (there) should i choose? It is necessary to choose such a percentage that on each wallet  it turned out for 30 BTC2?
3. What does it mean bar with Send for Masternode Rewards?

No, not with the multisend. Just at the Send tab add more recipients than just the one.

How do I specify multiple addresses in a table field PAY TO? they should be separated by quotation marks, brackets or commas?
pumz

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:44:00 AM

How the development on in wallet decentralized exchange is going on ? We are in middle of second quarter and also I would like to know th number of exchanges which are expected in near future those significant ones not smaller. Website looks very good and attractive I hope the features will also be same good.
ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:57:11 AM

Hi!
How to optimize the stacking process. In order for the process to work at 100 percent?
Should we split coins between different adresses or its better to keep them in one wallet?

Note that with a balance of less than 30 BTC2 your staking efficiency would already be close enough to 100%. If you have a higher balance, consider doing the following steps:

To achieve 100% staking efficiency:

1) Make sure you're allowing incoming connections and that you are connected to a lot of peers.
There's currently 25 nodes connected to the Bitcoin 2 network. If you see only a few peers connected, then have a look at the following to get better results:

Most home routers have NAT that by default blocks incoming connections initiated by someone else than you so you are likely connected to very few peers because of that and thus more likely to mint orphaned blocks. You can usually fix that and start allowing incoming connections with one of two ways:

... A) Launch Bitcoin 2 Core, go to Settings - Options. Go to Network. Enable: "Map port using UPnP". Then restart the app. You may also want to read this article: https://dirkmittler.homeip.net/blog/archives/3340
... B) Or follow the guide at: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#enabling-connections - the steps are exactly the same for Bitcoin 2.

2) You wallet should have 100 UTXOs (unspent transaction outputs, AKA unspent incoming transactions) or more.  This is because every time you stake or send an amount, that amount cannot be staked or spent for 101 blocks, while it is maturing (being staked). You can see the number of UTXOs that you have in the Coin Control dialog. Doesn't matter how many addresses or wallets they are split into. One single address can hold these 100 UTXOs.
if your balance is lower than 500 BTC2, You can get a close enough result without that much effort by splitting your balance into stacks of 5 - 50 BTC2. For example 150 BTC2 can just be split into 5 pieces and you'd be unlikely to notice the difference in efficiency of that versus splitting it in 100 parts. You can do the splitting by sending BTC2 to yourself.

Thank you so much, jackleszz.
Finally, I knew why I always got a lot of conflicted minted coins.
I will try to fix it.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:25:40 AM

How do I specify multiple addresses in a table field PAY TO? they should be separated by quotation marks, brackets or commas?

You can't. Instead, just click the Add Recipient button.

ekoja

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:49:36 AM

Hi, jackleszz, what will happen if I open two wallets on two different computers with the same wallet.dat at the same time?
busta

Activity: 85
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:08:26 AM

Hi, jackleszz, what will happen if I open two wallets on two different computers with the same wallet.dat at the same time?

They will show different balances after some time...i have this "issue" - (maybe) a rescan of the blockchain will fix it (but i didnt have time to do it.)
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 12:12:05 PM

How the development on in wallet decentralized exchange is going on ? We are in middle of second quarter and also I would like to know th number of exchanges which are expected in near future those significant ones not smaller. Website looks very good and attractive I hope the features will also be same good.

The in wallet decentralized exchange development is going on fine but as mentioned earlier, we expect it to be released on Q3.

Before exchange listings, we first need a Bitcoin 2 block explorer that is hosted on a website. That we aim to finish this month. After that we will start talking with the exchanges once that requirement has been met.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 12:45:39 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 12:56:01 PM by jackleszz

They will show different balances after some time...i have this "issue" - (maybe) a rescan of the blockchain will fix it (but i didnt have time to do it.)

You are unlikely to get any staking boost by doing that, other than having the other node running in case the other node goes down.

Technically speaking, yes, you can do that but only until they run out of the next 1000 keys from keypool. Then they'll diverge. They'll also diverge if either wallet mints zBTC2. You can increase the keypool before copying the wallet to make this effect last longer.
This however is NOT recommended because eventually this will happen and relying on such setup may get confusing and can lead to mistakes. If they diverge then you'll basically have two separate wallet.dat files that should be treated like separate ones. (Keep the backups separate). Every time you use a new address, another one is created. Since this is NOT deterministic, all other wallets will have no idea about the new key and the new address.

@busta If you don't take into account the Zerocoin (zBTC2) difference and the zBTC2 mint(s), it was the same right? Disable the zBTC2 automint setting in the options to ensure that that won't cause further confusion. You may need to disable that on both computers. To at least temporarily remove the difference, you can spend the zBTC2 by sending it to an address that is surely in both wallets (in the File... Receiving addresses).

busta

Activity: 85
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:56:54 PM

You are unlikely to get any staking boost by doing that, other than having the other node running in case the other node goes down.

Technically speaking, yes, you can do that but only until they run out of the next 1000 keys from keypool. Then they'll diverge. You can increase the keypool before copying the wallet to make this effect last longer.
This however is NOT recommended because eventually this will happen and relying on such setup may get confusing and can lead to mistakes. If they diverge then you'll basically have two separate wallet.dat files that should be treated like separate ones. (Keep the backups separate). Every time you use a new address, another one is created. Since this is NOT deterministic, all other wallets will have no idea about the new key and the new address.

@busta If you don't take into account the Zerocoin (zBTC2) difference and the zBTC2 mint(s), it was the same right? Disable the zBTC2 automint setting in the options to ensure that that won't cause further confusion. You may need to disable that on both computers.

I didn`t do it with intensions, one wallet is my offline/backup wallet, when I update it to new wallet version b and sync it it shows me a difference between staking/ hot wallet and  backup/ cold wallet. I believe it will be solved after rescan the cold wallet.

Boths wallets (zBTC2 automints) have not been activated, from my point of view the difference happens from problem with the first wallet unable to sync after block xxx.
yves.priscilla

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

Im waiting for your upcoming product. Goodluck
fionaflora265

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:35:23 PM

Interessting project. Maybe i will invest some coins here and get more profit in the future  Grin
zackie

Activity: 174
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:07:42 PM

Hi jeckleszz,

my wallet says that is has an UTXO size of 0.00. How can I increase that number to 100?

Thanks,
Zackie
eisbrecher71

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:55:48 PM

1. When dividing coins into different addresses, the staking process for some reason is slower. How can I collect coins again on the same address?

2. Cant find  "UTXO size" in the wallet
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 03:07:15 AM

1. When dividing coins into different addresses, the staking process for some reason is slower. How can I collect coins again on the same address?

2. Cant find  "UTXO size" in the wallet

1. Every time you move coins around it takes 101 blocks (roughly 101 minutes) before they mature and start staking again. Also due to randomness maybe you just had worse luck for a little while, try a bit longer.
If after a while you still believe it is slower after splitting it, we'd be curious to hear about it. You can always combine it back.

2. You can go to Privacy - Coin control and then click select all in that dialog. Or to Settings - Options - Wallet - Enable coin control features. Then the coin control button appears in the Send tab also.

Hi jeckleszz,

my wallet says that is has an UTXO size of 0.00. How can I increase that number to 100?

Thanks,
Zackie

See 2. above to see how many UTXOs you have.
Do note that first you need a big enough balance (see guidelines in the post) to bother splitting your balance into 100 stacks. This type of optimization is near useless without a big enough balance to split.

eisbrecher71

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:11:07 AM

in the list of peers there are only 2 addresses. This is normal?

And what does it mean "Multisend: not active"?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 11:06:50 AM

You see only 2 peers because your router or firewall blocks incoming connections, as does that of most others. You should see more than 20 if not.
Most home routers have NAT that by default blocks incoming connections initiated by someone else than you. You can usually fix that and start allowing incoming connections with one of two ways:

A) Launch Bitcoin 2 Core, go to Settings - Options. Go to Network. Enable: "Map port using UPnP". Then restart the app. You may also want to read this article: https://dirkmittler.homeip.net/blog/archives/3340

B) Or follow the guide at: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#enabling-connections - the steps are exactly the same for Bitcoin 2.

Multisend is an advanced, special purpose feature which is better left not active unless you know the wallet inside and out and have a reason to send the block or masternode rewards to some address as soon as you get them.

eisbrecher71

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:11:30 PM

You see only 2 peers because your router or firewall blocks incoming connections, as does that of most others. You should see more than 20 if not.
Most home routers have NAT that by default blocks incoming connections initiated by someone else than you. You can usually fix that and start allowing incoming connections with one of two ways:

A) Launch Bitcoin 2 Core, go to Settings - Options. Go to Network. Enable: "Map port using UPnP". Then restart the app. You may also want to read this article: https://dirkmittler.homeip.net/blog/archives/3340

B) Or follow the guide at: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#enabling-connections - the steps are exactly the same for Bitcoin 2.

Multisend is an advanced, special purpose feature which is better left not active unless you know the wallet inside and out and have a reason to send the block or masternode rewards to some address as soon as you get them.

Nothing changes. Only 2 peers. Maybe I should make a backup of my wallet. How to do it right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: