Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:53:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92620 times)
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 914
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 04:47:11 PM by jackleszz

Idea - Web wallets on bitc2.org

Right now we are considering whether we should make web wallets that can be accessed on any kind of device with a web browser before or even instead of lite mobile app wallets this year. This would likely speed up development time and free that much resources to other things. (A third party might still make their mobile wallets BTC2 compatible this year as well.)

Pros to Web Wallets:
  • No need to install another app on your phone.
  • You could optionally stake on the web wallet but it would not be possible to stake on the mobile wallet and this kind of staking would not add new nodes to the network.
  • Faster to develop and easier to maintain.
  • Compatible with all devices.
  • Always synced, no need to store any data on your phone.

Cons vs. mobile app wallets:
  • No new people would yet see Bitcoin 2 by browsing the mobile app stores.
  • While you would own your private key, technically our servers would have to store it encrypted and so you would feel less like you own it than if the keys were only stored on your phone and in whatever backups you make.
  • A bookmark on your phone is not as cool or prominent as an app.

Let us know your thoughts about this please!

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 03:47:41 PM

Right now we are considering whether we should make web wallets that can be accessed on any kind of device with a web browser before or even instead of lite mobile app wallets this year. This would likely speed up development time and free that much resources to other things. (A third party might still make their mobile wallets BTC2 compatible this year as well.)

Pros to Web Wallets:
  • You could optionally stake on the web wallet but it would not be possible to stake on the mobile wallet and this kind of staking would not add new nodes to the network.

Cons:
  • No new people would yet see Bitcoin 2 by browsing the app stores.
  • While you would own your private key, technically our servers would have to store it encrypted and so you would feel less like you own it than if the keys were only stored on your phone and in whatever backups you make.

Thanks for this another worth to read update.

In my opinion, I myself become a big fan of this project because of it's features, I red the cons and pros and I stick to core wallet yes the web wallet is very accessible anywhere but the riskiest thing is possible to happen is : "While you would own your private key, technically our servers would have to store it encrypted and so you would feel less like you own it than if the keys were only stored on your phone and in whatever backups you make." anyways it's only my opinion, everything has their own cons and pros.. Overall I am in favor for the good of this project. Smiley
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 04:43:28 PM

Pros to Web Wallets:

Thanks for this another worth to read update.

In my opinion, I myself become a big fan of this project because of it's features, I red the cons and pros and I stick to core wallet yes the web wallet is very accessible anywhere but the riskiest thing is possible to happen is : "While you would own your private key, technically our servers would have to store it encrypted and so you would feel less like you own it than if the keys were only stored on your phone and in whatever backups you make." anyways it's only my opinion, everything has their own cons and pros.. Overall I am in favor for the good of this project. Smiley

Yes,  the Core wallets are more important but the web wallet would be alongside the Core ones for accessibility.

Inskchen

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:36:47 AM

Pros to Web Wallets:

I like this idea. I think more people will take advantage of this opportunity. And I want to ask - is it easier to make an exchange in a web wallet?
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 05:00:03 AM

Pros to Web Wallets:

I like this idea. I think more people will take advantage of this opportunity. And I want to ask - is it easier to make an exchange in a web wallet?

That depends on the features of the web wallet. Initially it will mainly be a way to store, display, receive and send BTC2, with features added on over time.

smashbtc

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:20:09 AM

More forks more scam. I dont believe in all this forks because even bitcoincash is not so successful, and it has Roger Ver behind it. This one has nothing.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
zackie

Activity: 174
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:47:28 AM

More forks more scam. I dont believe in all this forks because even bitcoincash is not so successful, and it has Roger Ver behind it. This one has nothing.
Do you even know the meaning of the word "SCAM"? Scam is used inflationarily these days. Nobody got scamed, dude. Yes, this is another fork. Will it succeed? I don't know. Let the market decide, but don't call it a  "SCAM".
PENSCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:53:34 AM

An ambassador program is quite likely to be launched once ready. But it needs to be done right with  ambassadors that are actually able to get the message to a significant amount of new people rather than just be an extension of the bounty program.
I do not think the ambassadors need to receive compensation from the team. Ambassadors I believe should attract new members and know more about the coin than others.
ClaimyMcClaim

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:51:42 AM

so you wouldnt even need to leave your browser window open? just importing the private key would suffice?

well that would make things easier for people who are not tech savvy enough to open ports and such, or those who dont want to bother running a node 24/7 yet they want to stake.

i think its a cool idea, the easier you make it for people to participate the better.
john1010

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 08:00:06 AM

Why scam? are this forked admin running away your money? Are they ask you a single penny? Why are you entering here with that kind of comment without any basis.. If you are trying to hit that kind of post, you should back it up with sources/evidence that will guaranty your claim, then if you have no source/evidence to provide, your claim is simply A FAKE CLAIM, FAKE NEWS, FAKE ACCUSATION..

I dont believe in all this forks

Then why you here? Promoting your signature? How pitty you are, the campaign manager of the signature in your profile must think twice if they going to continue to accept you, because many people here (BTC2 Community) are offended in your post.. And of course it also affected the signature you carry.. Are you thinking of this? If i am your campaign manager, I will erase you in my spreadsheet lol!
Inskchen

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:14:07 AM

Why scam? are this forked admin running away your money? Are they ask you a single penny? Why are you entering here with that kind of comment without any basis.. If you are trying to hit that kind of post, you should back it up with sources/evidence that will guaranty your claim, then if you have no source/evidence to provide, your claim is simply A FAKE CLAIM, FAKE NEWS, FAKE ACCUSATION..

Then why you here? Promoting your signature? How pitty you are, the campaign manager of the signature in your profile must think twice if they going to continue to accept you, because many people here (BTC2 Community) are offended in your post.. And of course it also affected the signature you carry.. Are you thinking of this? If i am your campaign manager, I will erase you in my spreadsheet lol!
I think this person just does not understand the word SCAM or he did not read this project. The only thing that can and said the right one, is the need to promote the project on the Internet. Of course Roger Ver is a good promoter, but I do not think that such things often occur.
I hope the team will just launch a marketing company later. I saw many great ideas, but they failed and do not work, because they had bad marketing.
john1010

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 08:35:50 AM

I think this person just does not understand the word SCAM or he did not read this project. The only thing that can and said the right one, is the need to promote the project on the Internet. Of course Roger Ver is a good promoter, but I do not think that such things often occur.
I hope the team will just launch a marketing company later. I saw many great ideas, but they failed and do not work, because they had bad marketing.

@jacklezz told me that they will, but they're prioritize first the necessary things to make this project more reliable and acceptable to public when they will begin the marketing job. The team are doing great things with this project, I encourage everyone to give your support. This project will going to be BIG..
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 08:37:47 AM

so you wouldnt even need to leave your browser window open? just importing the private key would suffice?

well that would make things easier for people who are not tech savvy enough to open ports and such, or those who dont want to bother running a node 24/7 yet they want to stake.

i think its a cool idea, the easier you make it for people to participate the better.

Yes, you wouldn't need to leave the browser window open and just importing the private key would suffice. Indeed it would make things easier but to ensure that it isn't better for the tech savvy user than running a Bitcoin 2 Core node, the web wallet staking would need to for example pay a part of any BTC2 staking rewards earned with the web wallet to a development/maintenance/marketing fund, since they would be using the server's resources for staking rather than their own.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 09:04:12 AM

I do not think the ambassadors need to receive compensation from the team. Ambassadors I believe should attract new members and know more about the coin than others.

Alright. Anyone who feels they know enough about Bitcoin 2 can feel free to be such an ambassador for Bitcoin 2. I think a couple of you already sort of are. If you want to host a local event discussing crypto currencies and Bitcoin 2, we could announce the event in our channels.

mechanic081971

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

Zaydo

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:31:13 PM

Is this Bitcoin private keys supported? i mean the 2009 private keys?

Jr Member
(((    MARTKIST.org    )))     ►  Decentralized Anarchy!
►  Community Focus     ►  No Premine     ►  No IC
john1010

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 04:51:20 PM

Is this Bitcoin private keys supported? i mean the 2009 private keys?

As stated in the main Bitcoin 2 website, here's how you claim this fork:

"If you owned Bitcoins on block number 507850, ~February 5 2018 and your Bitcoins were not at an exchange, then just download and install the Bitcoin 2 Core Wallet.

You can then either import your Bitcoin private keys (Click tools -> debug console. Type: importprivkey your private key -> press enter) or copy your Bitcoin wallet.dat file (might not be compatible) to where the Bitcoin 2 Core Wallet is installed in order to claim your Bitcoin 2s."
!vanovi4

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:36:07 PM

I like that the developers of Bitcoin2 Core along with any new participants will work on: mobile wallets for Bitcoin 2, a Decentralized exchange in the wallet and will continue to implement any further important advances in cryptocurrency technology, such as the dandelion Protocol.I would like to believe that this project will be no worse than the previous one.
ClaimyMcClaim

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:38:39 PM

Yes, you wouldn't need to leave the browser window open and just importing the private key would suffice. Indeed it would make things easier but to ensure that it isn't better for the tech savvy user than running a Bitcoin 2 Core node, the web wallet staking would need to for example pay a part of any BTC2 staking rewards earned with the web wallet to a development/maintenance/marketing fund, since they would be using the server's resources for staking rather than their own.

collecting a fee makes total sense, good thinking
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:38:49 PM

We can't manage to reach top 10 cryptocurrency voting in Kucoin. Well, I think we can just move on about it and hope that the admins are working hard for tje betterment of this hardfork. Hoping that it would reach at least 1/4 of Bitcoin Cash price.
Catost

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 04:54:53 AM

Do you even know the meaning of the word "SCAM"? Scam is used inflationarily these days. Nobody got scamed, dude. Yes, this is another fork. Will it succeed? I don't know. Let the market decide, but don't call it a  "SCAM".
Really it seems he does not know what the scum means.
I followed the discussion of fork Bitcoin Interest and there often the team was accused of scam. Of course in the fork Bitcoin Interest there is no scam, but there was an opinion that it is possible to manipulate the price of the coin after entering the exchange. I hope the team will make good marketing and bitcoin 2 will be owned by many users and at the cost can not be manipulated.

███████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: