Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What I do before buying an altcoin!  (Read 4147 times)
veliq

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:07:49 PM

before you buy this coin, you should get to know it well, chat on the forums to understand its future in the market and then understand whether to buy it or not

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dtimmy

Activity: 205
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:12:35 PM

Before invest in any altcoin, i read whitepaper and also find some information on bitcointalk to know if the altcoin legit o not
fetokun

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:21:24 PM

I look at its market cap first and determine if the coin is being valued at a fair price and not being overvalued. Also if it has an active community. As thats a must for a coin to thrive and succeed.

reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:57:02 PM

I look at its market cap first and determine if the coin is being valued at a fair price and not being overvalued. Also if it has an active community. As thats a must for a coin to thrive and succeed.

Altcoin price is any time to change. So price information is important for before buy the coin. People check the price day by day. Then get more ideas of time to invest. Market place is important for get more information. It future digital currency.
kivuti Elias

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:07:59 PM

Before buying an altcoin one should consider several things. One should first find the following concerning the cryptocurrency.
Launch Date
Current Price
Market Volume
Exchanges which have listed this token
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:21:27 PM

Before investing i conduct complete research about that coin my research contains
1.What are the clear objectives of this coin
2.Development team is also very important
3.Compare it with other projects and scrutinize does it have something unique than others.
4.I guess its durability whether it would deliver for long term or short term.
 When i am satisfied with these things then i pick this coin for buying and hold it for long term.
ezbreezy08

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:30:48 PM

Okay investing in Cryptocurrency or altcoins should be made for a deep research anything is possible in Crypto. So if you going to buy some good long term altcoins pick top 10-20 altcoins they are good coins with a real value. Well in my opinion you can risk a lot of money and make diversify on any coins in marketcap expect a good return this year.
Harley Quinn

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:35:22 PM

This is good advice. I also keep a close eye on the social media posting and analyze the posts of the campaigns I am interested in. You can tell a lot by the quality of their posts too.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

I always look at the website of the project that I'm going to buy. I always try to pay attention to the little things that can be associated with the project. I think that very many little things just can tell about the project.
Crypto McPoopypants

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:54:55 PM

I'm not going to read all 8 pages, but, one of my most effective methods is tracking the rich list daily over months to keep informed on what the whales are doing. There are several projects I monitor like this. This is from my main investment bag, I'd never buy much of any coin without months of research and monitoring/tracking first. Without really doing the research work it's way too risky for anything other than a speculative bet.

Just my 2c

Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:55:09 PM

Yes, that is all very reasonable but won´t protect you from decision taken from the team against investors nor from many other undesirable situations. But I guess is a good start.
coinic

Activity: 352
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:49:06 PM

So I thoght this could be of help for some that also in search so they will also be inspired .. maybe they could also ad stuff arround here that could be of help!

Research it takes a few days/weeks so if u're in this fase take your time.

1.Forum search about the coin;
2.Join the telegram group and try to interact with the members;
3.Try to make a post on the forum and also see the crowd sentiment;
4.See some data on coinmarketcap.com , : https://icodrops.com/ , https://icorating.com/
5.Watch this tool from investing.com - find here the explination: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2873063.msg29503403#msg29503403
**LATER EDIT:
6. Team - research moust of the members on linkedin and google , also the backers or advisors.

Doing this can be of help to get a sense of a really good buy... at least this is what  I do.

What are your thoughts ? How do you do it??

Cheers!

Well said man,  thanks alot.
How do i did in me just i am watch and have some analysis of exchange rates at the coinmarketcap.com.
And some research for altcoin before buying.

ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:52:56 PM

I also check the coinmarketcap, but I don't actually do the rest. Those data cannot be applied to the time you check it, because we are all aware that it changes from time to time. So, what I usually do is check their history, if it intrigues me, then I would take the risk. There will never be a guarantee which altcoin will survive but sometimes, you just have yo trust your instinct.

Sartrute

Activity: 522
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:02:30 PM

I do not think that these actions can be of much use. Any person (and especially a large investor) can make them. This means that in the current price all these data are already taken into account. If you think about the prospects of coins, then no one knows the future, so this analysis will also bring little useful.

Firdausiii

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:45:40 PM

i think before we decide to buy any altcoin we must do research carefully about the coin on coinmarketcap, on its website to know will the coin have a good roadmap or not, is the community more active and what exchanges are accepting that altcoin, finally wait for a good time to buy that altcoin such as when the entire market drop rapidly.

Should wait a few weeks to monitor the volume of trading on the exchange and its potential after that try to invest there. Before that you have to do extensive research before buying or investing
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 02:50:31 PM

It looks like you are giving advice on buying into an ICO rather than any altcoin?

If it is for ICO, than you give good advice, although you are missing some things.
It is important to test out the actual product or platform.
If they don't have at least an MVP than stay far away.
Most companies leave their tech footprint on github.

If you are trying to give advice on generally buying an altcoin, then it is much more a matter of just crunching numbers.
First, look for three factors:

marketcap
amount of circulating coins
how much development

If a company has all three of these: a low market cap in proportion to the circulating coins and an actual useable product, then it is a goldmine.
If it doesn't have any, than it is ridiculously overvalued (cough cough, ahem: almost all of the top 20 coins...)

jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:00:49 PM

I do not think that these actions can be of much use. Any person (and especially a large investor) can make them. This means that in the current price all these data are already taken into account. If you think about the prospects of coins, then no one knows the future, so this analysis will also bring little useful.

Yeah I think he should really first learn about the basics of trading like Technical analysis and Fundamental analysis, types of charts, support and resistance and indicators those things for me are the things that really helpful to me when I started here.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

i think before we decide to buy any altcoin we must do research carefully about the coin on coinmarketcap, on its website to know will the coin have a good roadmap or not, is the community more active and what exchanges are accepting that altcoin, finally wait for a good time to buy that altcoin such as when the entire market drop rapidly.

Should wait a few weeks to monitor the volume of trading on the exchange and its potential after that try to invest there. Before that you have to do extensive research before buying or investing
At time when you have this much money that you can easily go for investing of that money in any of the altcoin, the first thing which you need to do is that our must study well about all the altcoins which are there in the crypto world. After that, you need to analyze the behavior of all the coins and that you need to look for the coin which best suits you in all the ways and that the coin which you think can change your life.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:40:31 AM

At time when you have this much money that you can easily go for investing of that money in any of the altcoin, the first thing which you need to do is that our must study well about all the altcoins which are there in the crypto world. After that, you need to analyze the behavior of all the coins and that you need to look for the coin which best suits you in all the ways and that the coin which you think can change your life.
First you need to do is study the coin you buy then make sure if its worth it and have potential then after that if you kniw everything is alright then buy those coin. Also its better to buy coin when the market have dumping but be careful of choosing coin to buy, and dont easily attract to lower price because some of them are scam coin.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:53:01 AM

Search about the coin and make sure it is a good one before you invest. It is good and wise to make sure you invest in something good
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: