Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost?  (Read 6350 times)
Dumzmol3421

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:56:32 AM

Scammers are mostly trying to approach via social media... main thing to avoid getting scammed is, do a study about the project before invest money on that...
Shaminyue

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:22:41 AM

They contacted me sometimes for exchanging their coin with my coin. The rate was so attractive and they showed their big interests with my coin so I accepted. Then I realized that I already sent them some (small amount of course) but received nothing Sad
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:43:08 AM

I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

yes i have been and experienced scammed or cheated, when i invested in bitcoin investments a lot of that smelled HYIP and made me scammed really horrible and i feel much loss.
michellee

Activity: 2828
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:35:16 PM

i don't think i have scam. but i enter a lot of online job and they requesting me to deposit or invest. Smiley

I think if you are joining into an online job, you don't need to deposit money to get work to them because as far as I know if we want to try to make money from the internet, we don't need to pay anything. but of course, we need to work-related what we did on the internet and don't forget that what we did is free. for example, if you have a blog, you can try to make an article and then in that article you are a mention about one product to promote into your blog and if someone buy from your blog, you can earn some money.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
sultanali

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:44:05 PM

Being scammed is I think the best way to learn about the people you are dealing with in the cryptocurrency world. yes, I have been scammed a whole lot of times but these weren't scams by any one person in trade but rather by ICOs I had invested in which promised huge returns on investments but rather ran away with all the profits.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

Fortunately not and I wasn't even close. Actually, several "developers" have contacted me in an order to invest. This is where the fun begins  Grin. Most of the time they are very stupid and even their English is not on the appropriate level. They are my source of fun on Telegram, so I like them. I haven't been sent a suspicious email either (thank God) because I would blame only myself if I lose my funds this way. I still love that Telegram idiots though.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
raahi

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:51:11 PM

The best case I can remember me being scammed was by TIO, this company's white paper had provided such exuberant details about its applications and as for the moment they were on the verge of proving to be right but as the cryptocurrency market was fluctuating, this coin shed almost 60% of its current valuation and is still not doing the work they promised.
engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:56:31 PM

Hmm I've been recently part of the bounty of Myriads.Io they've got a good platform and their website looks good, so i decided to join, then a post here on the forum exposed them that their team is just a screencap of other's team on youtube. I just spent two weeks for promoting them, but the most unfortunate is those who invested on it.

[
Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:02:23 PM

Thanks for the information. I also find many scammers made by other parties on behalf of a project that we are joining. If we join the project it would be nice straight from the official tread.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:04:27 PM

Yes i have been scammed many times and almost of my money were gone. SO if you going to put your money in risk make sure to think double or you'll end up losing. Think 5 step forward before dealing a deal.
anizpk

Activity: 191
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:07:19 PM

Almost is when you successfully get away from a scam. Happened many times. There are too many scams going on in crypto world.

I usually take care of few things.

1. If I get an email regarding an ico project that I registered, I will make sure it's from them only by contacting through their official channels. Make sure the email domain is the official one. And make sure the domain characters are English only.

2. Never ever enter private key, seed words, password of any wallet anywhere other than when I need to open wallet

3. Never ever use same password on different projects

4. When attending an ICO, make sure how they are going to accept payment. During most of the ICOs, i have got scam emails with eth address to send eth.

5. Another scam i have seen recently is when a big exchange like bittrex or binance tweets something, a fake account with same name and profile pic will comment saying they are giving away  ether, for those who send ether to their account. And there will be 100 other fake accounts liking and retweeting this tweet  and another 100 people will be claiming they got the giveaway. Be care ful with such type of scams as well

|  Shopin  |  Shopping Made Personal
››››  https://tokensale.shopin.com/  ‹‹‹‹
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:13:49 PM

Be carefull with any middlemans. For example I been scammed from ex exchange btc-e \ wex , most of people been scammed from MTgox.
dedelp01

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:14:37 PM

sad to say, I got scammed multiple times but that doesn't stop me from believing that there is a project or ICO that can be trusted and won't scam you in the end.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:15:06 PM

5. Another scam i have seen recently is when a big exchange like bittrex or binance tweets something, a fake account with same name and profile pic will comment saying they are giving away  ether, for those who send ether to their account. And there will be 100 other fake accounts liking and retweeting this tweet  and another 100 people will be claiming they got the giveaway. Be care ful with such type of scams as well

I can't believe how many people are still falling for this scam, if you take a look at the etherscan of the wallets linked on the scam tweets, you will find hundreds of people that fell for it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:16:27 PM

Two times I've been fooling myself to signature campaigns, it's really hard to trust the new campaign managers because they have little managerial status in a campaign. It is best to identify first a campaign manager before joining their project.
So it's better if we join the well-known campaign manager like yahoo because they are trained as campaign manager even though they have a lot of campaigns.

ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:17:31 PM

Be carefull with any middlemans. For example I been scammed from ex exchange btc-e \ wex , most of people been scammed from MTgox.
I generally try to trust people less in such situations. I'd rather earn less than lose everything.the forum already speaks so much about this but the problem is not done less.
johnny5johnny5

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:18:38 PM

Almost. A guy on the slack channel for gamecredits almost convinced me to exchange some gamecredits for bitcoin. He was posing as one of the mods. I asked to send me the bitcoin first, and when he refused I finally began to figure out it was a scam.
IloveDigibyte

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:21:00 PM

I have scam emails every day. From Paypal update your information to Nigerian prince died and left you millions of dollars. The best way to protect yourself from this kind of scam is never to respond to any of the emails you don't know for sure where they come from.

ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:25:04 PM

I have scam emails every day. From Paypal update your information to Nigerian prince died and left you millions of dollars. The best way to protect yourself from this kind of scam is never to respond to any of the emails you don't know for sure where they come from.
at least the PayPal system is very well established, and a huge number of users will because of you. Of course, there are some nuances, but this should not be a negative light for this payment system.
Snixer

Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 11:25:27 PM

sad to say, I got scammed multiple times but that doesn't stop me from believing that there is a project or ICO that can be trusted and won't scam you in the end.

If you got scammed multiple times from ICOs then it's totally your fault for not researching everything about it before investing.

A lot of projects scream scam in the first 5 seconds just by looking at their website. After you read the whitepaper you will be able to avoid tons of other garbage projects that will end up just stealing your money.

Of course those are just 2 of the first things you look before even considering investing.

If you want to avoid getting scammed again in the future spend hours into research before throwing your money at them.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: