Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's news: Chinese gov restricts Crypto again...  (Read 1413 times)
bayu7adi

Activity: 1442
Merit: 545

dont be greedy

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 01:40:33 AM

why is China so influential on BTC market?
every statement always raises a commotion in the world of crypto
charlie_cutie2002

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:42:24 AM

The China are very strics Crpto because the goverment believes that it is not worthy also  it will cause of scam, gambling and they think that the investors and user will not gives tax.The Crypto is not covered by their law.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:49:13 AM

That's exactly what China wants to achieve. She's huge in the financial world and she's making good use of her size. Isn't she the now sought after bride in global business?
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:08:55 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 05:15:22 AM by hiddenmist
Merited by hidden jutsu (2)

Cryptocurrency-related advertisements have stopped appearing on Chinese search engine Baidu and social media platform Weibo, amidst reports of China’s government tightening cryptocurrency and Initial Coin Offering regulations on Sunday, Feb. 4.

The Financial Times of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) was told today, Feb. 4, that China will further increase regulatory pressure on cryptocurrency exchange sites and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), Chinese news site Sina reported.

Seems cryptocurrency will not recover so much in a short time...
The news only making it a big deal. Sometimes they make fake news to create a panic. They are suppressing it but they are not banning cryptocurrency. Same with India, cryptocurrency is not banned in India.

yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:16:01 AM

If I didn't know any better I would say it is like the governments are trying one up each other and see how far they can tank the markets down. Can we have one day without bans or restrictions pleaseee? Cheesy

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
jesuismarc

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:16:15 AM

tightened regulation can help regulate the current crypto environment. Currently there are way too many fake project and ico, it causes more harm than goods. The regulation may not seem to be a effective way to contribute to the environment. But it is there to help protecting the consumers.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:19:00 AM

There are reports that China have plans to make its own cryptocurrency and they want to control the whole chinese crypto markets and that maybe the reason why they banning all cryptocurrencie, ICOs, and exchangers. And after Facebook banned any crypto related ads, China followed it by banning crypto ads in their own search engine and social media. These recent crypto bans in China might also a preludes to imposing a strict regulatory on cryptocurrencies and exchangers in the future.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:42:39 AM

how much more china boring news must we endure.

china is out

lets move on... china is not that big of a deal when we see many established developed nations coming onboard and regulating ready for mainstream.

It is sad china will miss out but thats just how it is.

donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:45:10 AM

china is a major country in the world, with a very significant business development making china a country that has an important role in the stable of world economy.
so it's no wonder when they ban ICO and cryptocurrency into their country making bitcoin weaken, this is a difficult situation for bitcoin and becomes the biggest challenge. whether bitcoin will remain stable or will it drop drastically?

Tactical Genius

Activity: 434

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:51:41 AM

Cryptocurrency-related advertisements have stopped appearing on Chinese search engine Baidu and social media platform Weibo, amidst reports of China’s government tightening cryptocurrency and Initial Coin Offering regulations on Sunday, Feb. 4.

The Financial Times of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) was told today, Feb. 4, that China will further increase regulatory pressure on cryptocurrency exchange sites and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), Chinese news site Sina reported.

As early as September 2017, the Chinese government has banned ico and closed all exchanges in the country. Therefore, all ico and crypto-currency trading are illegal in China.
Therefore, I wonder why the Chinese government will once again ban it. This is illogical.
I know right!it doesn't make sense at all seems like some poor journalism is actually what is pushing the market down and not regulations like they want to make it look.In any case,hodl is the word,weak hands will panic sell and will be surprised how the market will bounce back strong.

Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:02:56 AM

It's kinda expected for Crypto to be restricted in countries nowadays. Either because they can't regulate it, or they're just afraid of it. A footstep close to North Korea actually, and banks are also giving some warnings about crypto.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:04:20 AM

did some bot just go mental or did 3 people post the same reply for some reason

inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:43:42 AM

This is one of the reason why cryptos are not on the great spot right now and by that the market is not on the stable form. I really don't know why China are regulating the cryptocurrency in their place, but I think they think that idea very well and I know that crypto will not recover in a short time but I know it will still recover though it may took a very long time, but for I know I will just hold whatever tokens I will have.
CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:49:24 AM

I don't think crypto is going to moving anytime soon. There is going to be more regulations. I heard the U.S. is planning to do some regulation. It suppose to be some meetings. I forgot where I read from. I look for it when I get home.
CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:52:08 AM

This is better than total ban og digital currencies. Restricting the ICO and all investing sites is the right thing to do to ensure that the ICO is not a scam in which it will put their citizens money at risk. This is what of South Korea is doing too right now as they have just dicovered a huge amount was loss during their Iocal exchanges are not yet restricted before but again this is better than totally banning all digital currencies.

Now that you look at it. This is the better approach. It lower downs the scammer. You got people like bitconnect who made billions of people life savings. We need to get rid of corrupted people like them. If the regulations goes well then we can start having some legit ICO and real projects that people will definitely invest in.
bisdsad

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:58:54 AM

China, as the largest miner, government news will affect miners' decisions. When the country begins to ban it, they will start to be nervous and will sell their coins, thus affecting the market.
Vigme86

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:14:09 AM

This is better than totally banning digital currencies. Restricting the ICO and all investing sites is the right thing to do to ensure that the ICO is not a scam in which it will put their citizens money at risk. This is what of South Korea is doing too right now as they have just dicovered a huge amount was loss during their Iocal exchanges are not yet restricted before but again this is better than totally banning all digital currencies.

That's what I thought at the beginning too, it's an effort from China financial institutions to regulate the system, but there is more than that if I've quit understood.
https://www.coindesk.com/report-china-cutting-access-to-overseas-crypto-trading-websites/
It's not only about ICO, they are also trying to cut the possibility for chinese people to use exchanges overseas, they are trying to avoid capital escapes.
IMO this is just a good buy opporunity Cheesy, it's like September once China made a first tightening on ICOs, furthermore there are new technology that allows to avoid this regulation, like OBSF4 and MEEK which are already implemented in privacy coins such as DeepOnion.
At the end of the day they will just slow the process, they can't stop it IMO.
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:23:26 AM

China, as the largest miner, government news will affect miners' decisions. When the country begins to ban it, they will start to be nervous and will sell their coins, thus affecting the market.

It's not even about miners selling mined coins/tokens. People are naturally scared and a bad news about cryptocurrency shakes them so much and they panic leading to a huge sell off. Don't forget that majority of the people in the space are noobs who were only told about the potential profits you can make. They don't know It might goes sideways too.

leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:26:39 AM

Governments around the world are beginning to band together to limit the cryptocurrency markets.
I think the cold winter in the cryptocurrency markets has come. All we need to do is to continue to hold bitcoin. In the future, it will give us a satisfactory answer.

Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:35:34 AM

HOPE THAT IT IS JUST A RUMOR. Although I do not like the china, I have to admit that they are really good in the cryptocurrency and they know how to develop the blockchain, ICO and smart contract. This country born a lot of intelligent people and it will be a waste if they ban bitcoin all over the country. CHina is still one of the most powerful country on this planet
We cannot stop them, if the Chinese government does not want their citizens and themselves to be part of one of the technologies that is going to change the world for the better then that is fine for me, that means on average the rest of the people not living in china will benefit even more from cryptocurrencies, so that is fine with me since it means more money in my pocket in the next years and decades.

I don't think the chinese government can stop their citizens even if they tried. TOR network might be blocked but as a few people ahve mentioned this can be circumvented with OBFS4 (or Meek) integration which "hides" (more complex than that) the nature of the internet traffic so that it can't be detected as TOR traffic. With access to TOR there are exchanges such as "Bisq network" which can be used for trading cryptocurrencies. There are cryptos which are already supporting OBFS4: DeepOnion and SpectreCoin. I know for a fact that DeepOnion has already managed to sync their wallets in China using the new Meek integrated wallet.

Then there will be other options like IntenseCoin for a decentralized VPN which might also "help" blocked regions to access whatever they want on the net. There will always be ways to keep the internet free, the innovation can't be stopped.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: