Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:16:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2623 times)
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.
Supposing you've sold at the beginning of the dip, let me ask you : at what price did you buy ur bitcoins ? You are a noob, right ? Then I guess you arrived to this field (at least ) when bitcoin was up 10k $ ,right?
Then how to sell at lower price than the buying price ?
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:23:42 PM

If you fail to hold and sell off in panic then you will lose. People are holding because they are already down and if they sell off then they will lose. It is only when you hold that if the price appreciate then your profit will come.
Doing a hold will not necessarily make us gain a profit. in terms of this strategy can be regarded as a way to get a profit opportunity. But for me to do trade and also hold a balanced action can make us get more opportunities. For me activeness is to be our determinant to be able to get profit or not. I've seen a lot of events about someone who has only one strategy, whereas in the trading world we need a lot of important decisions.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:27:30 PM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

We people here to guide and help each other only. That is the reason forum always suggest everyone to hold. Reason is bitcoin volatile nature makes people to think that break at anytime but really as demand and theory says bitcoin will be always at the top and grow everytime we face the dump in the marketplace.

As a suggestion for friend. Please do not take your funds from bitcoin or other alts. You will see those coins rate double the amount than the peak value so far in the price chart.
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:29:21 PM

Because selling bitcoins for the current situation give you only a huge loss but if you hold it and wait for a recovery of bitcoin. If you are interested to invest more in bitcoin then it's the best time to invest in bitcoin.
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:34:30 PM

you can't understand until you do that. Every year price of major Crypto Currency increasing rapidly. New investor coming so it's very easy to understand it if you hold you will get decent profit. But choice is yours.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:10:48 PM

If you fail to hold and sell off in panic then you will lose. People are holding because they are already down and if they sell off then they will lose. It is only when you hold that if the price appreciate then your profit will come.

That is a common strategy for a bitcoin or other digital currency holder. If the price dips, we hold and if the price pumps, let's wait for it to dump a little bit before selling it since most of the investors tend to have fun in the pump times rather than taking that advantage of selling off their holdings for a better profit, better sell it before it dumps right.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:18:22 PM

You are right, holding is best long term strategy for cryptocurrencies. With holding you are less prone to panic selling and buying when hype happens.
Holding makes you less vulnerable to market manipulations (pumps and dumps), and it takes less effort then active trading.
To all newbies I would recommend holding as a best strategy in cryptocurrency area.

cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:44:02 PM

Because most of the people associated with cryptocurrency know that the price of bitcoin would bounce back in near future, so there is no need to sell now.

maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:52:44 PM

... because cryptocurrencies are based on a new financial technology, that will replace the current financial system, so that we can assume, that the drop is temporary. Also at beginning of a year there were always drops that rebounded at March/April.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:57:56 PM

Don't expect quick gains from cryptos, unless your are a whale (who's already rich) and experienced with speculative trading in general.
Small traders will find it hard to beat the big traders in the speculative gambling game.

Just like with those who made it big before us, the way to realise a significant gain is to enter when the price is low (i.e. the market crashes due to panic induced over-selling). Then HODL for the long term regardless of the volatility and look at it in 2 or 3 years time.

I prefer to INVEST in cryptos, and not here to trade/gamble on it base on day-to-day or week-to-week price volatility. I believe in the selected cryptos that I am now HODLing.

I previously entered with a bit of my dispensable savings of 5kAuD when the price was at 5kUSD; and I recovered that 5kAuD when the price was at 16kUSD and only play with the profits (which means that if BTC crashes, I would have lost nothing). And now, I have re-injected 8kAuD when the price was at 6.1kUSD earlier.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:40:08 PM

Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.

You have answers with you and you are moving on the correct direction. When there is a correction, the values dip and that's the moment to buy coins cheaper. This is obvious to everyone and from beginner to experienced would do the same thing as one will gain more profits when the correction is completed and the value goes to the moon. None would advise to sell the coins one holds at the time of correction or when the value dips. This is understandable why it's done.
chalkboard17

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:04:16 PM

Because they are noobs. They do not know how to trade or they do not even have a mind of a professional investor. Holding only cause to dead during the crashing day. ONly hold a coin which you know for sure that they have the potential to grow. Do not hold some shit coin or MLM coin like bitconnect

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:10:17 PM

History speaks to hold, As I remember this fall is not so big that we have seen in past years , and what happened after all these? Huge rise that we have never imagined. Simply see last 5 year chart and you will get to know what I mean to say.

Yes, i agree people do hold for them to gain profit and other thing is to save the best for them not to sacrifices the loses that it begun investing, this could be the result if they are listen to the negative forum feedback and unbalance of strategic decision makes it do panic.
JohnEther
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:22:49 PM

Nobody wants to fix a loss
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:48:29 PM

Think about the details what your aim and purpose why you are here in bitcoin forum? Is it just for fun and you wanted to talk to someone? Of course not, we are here to help bitcoin to grow and in order for it to grow we must at least have some of it and hold for a long time, but what are we doing? Do you think we are helping.
It would be weird to say that you are indeed trying to save bitcoin by holding the coins,the people who are trading ,who have invested huge amount of money would not do that for the sentimental purposes,they will most likely try to cut the losses and get hold of the coin when the market goes down and then enter so that you could have the best benefit.
nikjain422

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:59:58 PM

Hi all,

Regards.
I agree with you that people can sell at the start of the dip and it is absolutely stupid to hold it for loss.Yes no one can predict how many days the dip will last but one thing my friend you need to understand why this dip occurs.According to me it doesn't happens due to some FUDs or negative news but it happens by the reaction of the people after hearing those news.People starts panic and they try sell all they have in order to be in profits,which reduces the market cap and making prices to fall.Soo though everybody knows about this but still they would react in a same way.If this changes ,i don't think there will be this sudden dips possible.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:02:55 PM

Because holdig will lessen or should I say no loose on your holding. When you know what coin you are trading and the price was gone low after you buy, you will just loose the capital when you sell lower. We suggest to hold in that kind of situation, because no one knows what would really happen the future, no have made it correctly to predict it.
Holding do have a corresponding risk or just like a gamble and if you do tend to risk to hodl since you do believe on recovery of the market then you can do such thing. People do always suggest this thing because our investments cant be still considered on losing side as long we didnt sell it and still idling on our own wallets. Holding is the thing we can do now specially on a crashing market.

Every move and action right now has its own corresponding risks, most especially because the market is going down and many coins and assets across are falling in value. Even Bitcoin, which is believed to be the best, is not in a good a good state right now. Having said, if you hold, then the risk you losing profit or selling for virtually nothing or a loss would be mitigated. Holding doesn't amount to profit either, so that's the thing about it. It's a waiting game that one knows when will end. In the market right now, patience is key, and those who have it actually gets rewarded.

Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:50:06 PM

Hi all,

Regards.

Everybody suggest to hold because of the price of bitcoin is getting lower. And because we believe in the future bitcoin will rise and l know it will continually goes up. Hopefully this month will be the increasing time for bitcoin so that the other coins will rise up also. So it's better to hold now especially the savers of bitcoin. Investors and traders now buy and hold. Because they have the chance to buy now on this very dump coins.l think this is the number one to business now having a good income.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:52:23 PM

You have to make your clear plan before holding, not holding just because people suggest holding, that's a mistake. Holding is suggested by experienced traders because usually it is profitable way to making money with crypto currencies, but in the other hand you should be a bit patient and don't panick whenever the prices go down.
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:33:08 PM

If you are a day trader than you don't really need to hodl. The hodl mentality is used by long term investors who believe the coin will keep increasing and they don't want the stress of daily trading even if they could increase their portfolio doing it.
Day trading ofcourse comes with its risk of losing hella  money if you are not lucky or have no idea what you are doing .Sometimes you have to hold when the market price movement is unpredictible and never  blame yourself for not selling or buying at certain price ,because it's not your fault and you could've never guessed it if it wasn't shown on the chart. That's why holding is better.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: