Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:37:56 AM

To the OP its only okay to ask it and to know.

The market itself we do know it and the dips are stage by stage typically its a certain price on which we can say it was the dip but it has a lot of more things to come before we reach a point of support or resistance.

Why it is suggested to hold? Anybody saw already a huge drop and if we sell we are in loss right where it can more dump or a sudden pump after that price dump and we might fall for a trap and loss more or sell on it but we don't know what would be the last dip that we will buy.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:48:38 AM

They are suggesting to hold because most of us bought their cryptocurrencies at the top or the peak price of the cryptocurrencies and we cannot just sell and accept the loss because we have a choice and that is to wait and hold so what would you prefer? Selling and having a loss or holding and having a chance to get your losses back if the market goes up again?

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:53:01 AM

Actually, its depend on the people trading plan. But basically who ask what to do in a dips or correction markets is an unknowledge trader. So Holding is the best option instead of cutting your losses or reentry at a cheaper price.
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:05:35 AM

Actually, its depend on the people trading plan. But basically who ask what to do in a dips or correction markets is an unknowledge trader. So Holding is the best option instead of cutting your losses or reentry at a cheaper price.

You are correct it's depends on people if they want to cut their losses or just plain hold. If the market is down then you need to think if you are going to sell or hold but what i'm doing is if i think the price will go deeper then i will sell my coins then buy back at lower price to increase my holdings. I do not suggest this strategy because it's risky. If you are confident that the price will go back then usually people will just still hold no matter what happen. Just buy coins at low price if you have another balance.

mukidi99

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:08:51 AM

indeed for the time of price correction like this we better hold first. if we sell the coin if there is still profit is not a problem but otherwise when buying a high price will surely drain capital when we sell at a very low price. so surviving is indispensable nowadays for a price increase because we will not know where the coin will go
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:17:32 AM

Blockchain technology is new and is permeating many parts of our economy and also in business and everyday life. Soon places like Dubai will have their governments running on the blockchain so we are heralding a new era of technology and should embrace this. Anyone now in crypto is still considered an early adopter as the mainstream masses have not come yet into this area, so we still have a chance to make some good gains over the next few years if we are wise and do not follow FUD.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:45:49 AM

You are correct it's depends on people if they want to cut their losses or just plain hold. If the market is down then you need to think if you are going to sell or hold but what i'm doing is if i think the price will go deeper then i will sell my coins then buy back at lower price to increase my holdings. I do not suggest this strategy because it's risky. If you are confident that the price will go back then usually people will just still hold no matter what happen. Just buy coins at low price if you have another balance.

I agree, which means each and everyone of us have a right to make our own strategy even it will be helpful or not. Sometimes we need to onow on how good we are in terms of this kind of job. Nevertheless, even we loss some coins that we have since we all need to know our own way just to discover new things. On my part, yeah I hold some part of it, but mostly I cash out may shares since I need something to be prioritized and to hold is my second option as long as I have share even a little. I do believe that it will back to it's normal value that for sure it's profitable that can be benefit by for all and for many.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:08:22 AM

I agree, which means each and everyone of us have a right to make our own strategy even it will be helpful or not. Sometimes we need to onow on how good we are in terms of this kind of job. Nevertheless, even we loss some coins that we have since we all need to know our own way just to discover new things. On my part, yeah I hold some part of it, but mostly I cash out may shares since I need something to be prioritized and to hold is my second option as long as I have share even a little. I do believe that it will back to it's normal value that for sure it's profitable that can be benefit by for all and for many.
Well I think it is all because holding is really a great strategy in crypto field because it's price is really amazing it is really unstable and it also have the capability to give us a huge opportunity through buy and selling process of gaining.I believe that most of us really experience in holding strategy and it is really profitable.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:32:57 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

Others and I, myself, suggest to hold because we believe you have lost nothing UNTIL you cash out your Bitcoins and convert the same to fiat currency. It is only when you realize your money that you may very well assess if you have profited or lost. Until such time, it is inaccurate to foretell assumptions. You know, if you are into investing, you should know very well that the amount you have invested may turn negative or positive depending on the current market situation. This is a natural phenomena in all investments, only that in the world of cryptos, the price fluctuations are more volatile (playful). Hence, what experienced investors do is not mind the price fluctuations like newbies do. They address the situation technically thus having a resolve at the end of every business day. This is what draws the line between experienced investors from newbies. You have got to learn to sleep it out, and let your money work for you. If it works out for the good, then good; if not, it is in the nature of the risk you are assuming. So, it is all good.
Lago_V

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:41:29 AM

I would be that simple if you knew, that it will fall even more tomorrow or next week. But you cannot be sure about that. You will sell now, and in few days it will rise by 20-30%. And you will regret. So I guess it's safer just to hold.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:52:27 AM

because crypto just started its course in this world and as early adopters its best if we hold on to it than loosing any valuable piece of bitcoin or any strong good coins

because if you see 2009 where bitcoin is you will understand
Cryptocurrencies have long started its course in this world, it's just started gaining this much of attention recently. One more thing is that when you said hold, it seems that you are referring to all coins that someone is holding. So, I will just say that holding is not the best option for all kinds of cryptos. Some coin is better holding for a long-term and some are better if it will only be on short-term. They are frequently suggesting to hold because their assuming that the coin you are holding has great potential and has huge possibility that its price will recover greatly after the dip.
Zuilhsa

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:28:10 AM

Almost everybody is suggesting to hold maybe because they know that the price will rise up in the coming days,instead of quiting and lost what you have why not wait.
Everybody knows cryptos are volatile in nature so price will fluctuate but when price dips people become panic and fail to hold, only week hands do this. The coins like bitcoin and ethereum has good potential and is always suggested for long term investments. Wise people know it and even if it finds big dips it will recover back, it is our mistake if we fail to hold it during the dips. Some coins will be there without having great future it is not necessary to hold it for long.

19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:49:52 AM

We always suggest to HOLD, because we want us you not to be worried. We suggest because we want you to earn more in holding crypto. We suggest HOLDING because that is the best to do.
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:03:58 PM

You talk like you know what is going to happen. You just saw it and that is why you can make this kind of predictions.
Holding  is the best way to avoid more risk of losing. It is also to support bitcoin.
If we all think like you do you think bitcoin will withstand this price now?
All of this because of the holders. The bitcoin that is out in the market is not high that is why there are still demands.

If you really can do it then try it but I doubt you will always make the right decision.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:07:44 PM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.

Some of us HODL because we do not like to have a loss or too afraid of losing some money, because we know that someday the price of that current coin will still come back to its original one or maybe higher than that.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:14:18 PM

Because that is the right thing to do! This past few weeks was bloody for the crypto market. Most of us are in panic so they sold their coins which led to their losses. In crypto industry, you cannot declare losses as long as you didn't sell your coins. The moment you sell it, that will be the moment you can have gains or losses. As long as you HODL it, your coins still has the possibility to recover.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

Seems like crisis in bitcoin market is now starting to recover and this one of the best reason and example why people always say do not panic sell your coins and hold them tight. I know many are in doubt after seeing the value of bitcoin drops to $3000 from its all time high of $20000 but now we should realize that this is how the market goes, there's a sudden pump and dump but cryptos will never die.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:51:16 PM

Because holding is the safest way than short trading if you see the market has a red days better to hold than to expect to buy it more in the dippest stage we didn't know the movement of the market, For professional traders short trading are good and gives you a good profit but it's hard to predict what's going on the market so if you're just a small trader better to hold it and be patience, Trading is unpredictable and it is like a gambling.
zokilnmet

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:53:24 PM

it's obvious that now the cryptocurrency is on the decline and this is the best moment when you can buy it for a little price cause at the end of the year the rate of the same bitcoin will jump even higher than at the end of 2017. It's merely my opinion
decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:10:03 PM

If you fail to hold and sell off in panic then you will lose. People are holding because they are already down and if they sell off then they will lose. It is only when you hold that if the price appreciate then your profit will come.
I guess the reason why most people will suggest bitcoin users to hold it's because it is the safest thing to do for them, that will not loose any how. But in somehow you will loose when the price will drop but guaranteed you'll earn when the price increases. Most of the users are afraid of loosing money that is why they prefer to hold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: