Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:12:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:15:35 PM

I think it's a natural thing that when the price goes down of course the assets or the value of a person's money decreases, I know there is also a minimum loss by selling as quickly as possible when he knows the price will go down, and buy other types that have come down first, and hope to profit when the price goes back up.
essentially the attitude or reaction of each person is different I guess those who panic will sell it directly, those who survive who be the winner Cheesy
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:51:09 PM

If I look back on the times that I can recall for sure that I was planning on making an epic trading move but didn't, and then what subsequently panned out had I done that, I would be much, much worse off than I am now.

I'm still mystified at the number of people here who think day trading is a valid option for them. Almost everyone fails eventually. Almost no one has the psychological equipment to make a success of it.

Holders let the traders destroy themselves while they fuel the market holders eventually benefit from. Obviously holding only applies to a coin you actually believe in. If you do then the chances are high that letting it ride will pay off better in the end.

Ryanpogi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:29:19 PM

it's better to handle it first. when it's time to grow that. Life is so happy. That's the reason they hold first they can buy a lot when their money grows.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:46:25 PM

It's better to hold and wait to raise it up. When it is rising holding is the best way that could ever suggest for you. Then when it is starting to crack down try to sell it so that you will buy if it in the lowest price for you.
RenBct

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:29:57 PM

I think the reason is because BTC is going down and newbies especially will be scared and can sell but if your a trader you can still earn money even if the market is down.

kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:51:03 PM

To successfully invest and make a profit, not a loss, you need to understand the following.
You should be able to conduct fundamental and technical analysis. You will not be able to buy or sell in time, listening to the opinions of different people.
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:06:27 PM

Most of the people here really suggest that everybody needs to hold their bitcoin because holding is the best way to help the price recover if we all collaborate to hodl then the price will not decrease and eventhough it will decrease but not too much. And if we do panic selling while the price is decreasing it will be a contribution for the dump.so instead of selling we need to hodl to maintain its value and increase again.
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

People tried holding many times in the past, with multiple coins and tokens, and they got high profits from this method, that's why they , because it is working perfectly for them. It involve some risks, especially if you can't be a little be patient, because it is working with time and patience.
carter937

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:28:05 PM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
I think that at the present time we can see the market fluctuate extremely complex and difficult to guess, bitcoin prices continue to rise, market confusion because bad news constantly appear. So I think we should keep our bitcoin at the moment, wait for the market to stabilize then trade again.
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:53:48 PM

Because holding is very easy and relaxing to do. You just need to store your coins in your own wallet and wait until the turbulence will be gone. Less risks and less stress than selling or trading with another coin.

Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:44:36 PM

If I look back on the times that I can recall for sure that I was planning on making an epic trading move but didn't, and then what subsequently panned out had I done that, I would be much, much worse off than I am now.

I'm still mystified at the number of people here who think day trading is a valid option for them. Almost everyone fails eventually. Almost no one has the psychological equipment to make a success of it.

Holders let the traders destroy themselves while they fuel the market holders eventually benefit from. Obviously holding only applies to a coin you actually believe in. If you do then the chances are high that letting it ride will pay off better in the end.

This is what most people do think of that they can able to do day trading so easily but most of them do end up on failing this is why they do end up on deciding to go on holding because they do fail to do so. Benefits of holding is usually can be found on potential coins but the hard thing is that we don't know which one do have potential. Everyone is suggesting to hold but seeing on current dipping prices of the market and as an investor it wont really be an easy thing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
len23

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:35:13 PM

Almost everybody are suggesting to hold its because of the price of bitcoin today,we are all aware what is the price right now.They are holding to wait for the right price that will satisfied them.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

When you hodl you are practically immune to pump and dumps / other market manipulations. Plus you don't have to actively trade. You can just leave your coins on wallet and don't worry about following the market in media. There is one great post on this theme:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0

bitchubitchu

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:13:07 PM

I think holding your bitcoin this time will lessen the risk of loosing your savings or all your money that you earn.Hold your bitcoin for a litle bit and wait for the price to go higher.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:30:53 PM

Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

Very good topics.
Suggesting someone to hold is a positive suggestion, with holding at least can protect crypto value from fallout. A pro crypto (the wise) always giving positive suggestions in accordance with the circumstances which are going on (both when the occurrence of decreases nor increase).

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:10:47 PM

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

This area of your writing interest me. You dont actually know what the market will lead to most times and this is why it is called an internet business, you don't have face to face contact with fellow business counterparts. And therefore, anything can happen whether you hodl or sell off.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:54:02 AM

you can't understand until you do that. Every year price of major Crypto Currency increasing rapidly. New investor coming so it's very easy to understand it if you hold you will get decent profit. But choice is yours.
We have heard from many people about holding onto the bitcoin in the crucial times just like the time we are just facing, the prices are low, business is down. At this time all we have to do is to hold on and show patience. It is a convention of every business that you wait for the right time to sell out your shares and obviously that right time is when you the prices are high comparative to the prices when you invested. Now exactly is the same situation, we should wait for the prices to go up and believe that it will happen and things will work for us.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:02:12 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
The term HODL existed because many people became rich by holding bitcoins. The bitcoin is becoming more valuable so all of the people are prefer to hold their bitcoins.
Glydel1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:57:27 AM

simply, because there is a possibility that the value will increased,a fter all I could say, it's the most awaited event if the price goes up many will be interested in trading and earned a lot.
darkywis

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:32:37 AM

If you are not a trader and don't have time to monitor your coins its better to hold because a potential coin will surely give you gain in long term.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: