Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
gangstah327

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:32:08 AM

Because Holding is preserving more money than day trading or selling when bear market comes, soon all patience will give us massive profit due to HODLING!
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:34:13 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
I am also suggesting to all of the trader to hold their bitcoins. There reason why everybody is suggesting to hold our bitcoin is because there is a good outcome that we can get by holding our bitcoins.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:51:52 AM

Everyone tells to hold you bitcoin because panic selling will not help make the situation better. It will just worsen the situation, if you keep on panic selling your btc at a lower price, this will aggravate the situation since the trust is gone that price will go down ever lower.  Therefore, holding will help reduce our losses because the market right now is really not so good, long patience will get us to reach our goal at a perfect time.
Good explanation while some other people have a FoMo now because bitcoins price has rise and we are in a good uptrend,those who have told but not hold their altcoins or bitcoins more likely to loss and will be buy again in the price now that is a high than before. I turn to believe that it may down more up to 4k dollars and yet luckily i didn't sold any.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:03:24 AM

People advice to hold because they know prices in crypto market may recover as soon as bear season is over and if you bought coins with solid project there is nothing to worry. just keep holding for long term goal

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:46:26 AM

Because just by hodl we have big possibility to get big profit but only for long term investment, not short investment. Just easy example if you buy all coin in 20 top ranking Coinmarketcap now you get much profit. So hodling is easy way to get profit in long term because many crypto the price going up in long term.

chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:13:57 AM

Because just by hodl we have big possibility to get big profit but only for long term investment, not short investment. Just easy example if you buy all coin in 20 top ranking Coinmarketcap now you get much profit. So hodling is easy way to get profit in long term because many crypto the price going up in long term.

And also because that some project of the coin is not yet completed so after the completion of the phases and when you still hold the coins there's a good pump that awaits for the holders.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:34:44 PM

The reason why others are suggesting holding is because they believe that the price of the coin they are holding has a possibility to strike in the higher price. By this, they believe they have a chance to get more income or return which very important to their journey.
bib24

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:04:29 PM

In my opinion holding your coins is a safe move, and also you have a 50:50 chance of winning without doing anything. If the value will go down then continue to hold and wait to rise again, but with the current condition of bitcoin in the market we can say that holding brings you positive result.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:08:06 PM

I respect those who are holding for a long period because it is not easy to deal with the almost 40 to 50% loss. Bitcoin is something that is still under the development mode and there will be a worst case scenario of losing all the capital or there will be a multifold growth in it but there won't be anything in between so those who advise hodling are the optimistic guys (like me), they believe in the core of the technology and growth potential of it. However, it is highly recommended to do own research before taking any investment decision.
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:18:34 PM

i'm crypto nooob and have same question too but i think people do that suggest to hold they wont the price dumping

konyzulphrea

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:34:20 PM

Just like the tencent (HKeX 00700) or some shares in New York.
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:43:35 PM

Everyone tells to hold you bitcoin because panic selling will not help make the situation better. It will just worsen the situation, if you keep on panic selling your btc at a lower price, this will aggravate the situation since the trust is gone that price will go down ever lower.  Therefore, holding will help reduce our losses because the market right now is really not so good, long patience will get us to reach our goal at a perfect time.
Good explanation while some other people have a FoMo now because bitcoins price has rise and we are in a good uptrend,those who have told but not hold their altcoins or bitcoins more likely to loss and will be buy again in the price now that is a high than before. I turn to believe that it may down more up to 4k dollars and yet luckily i didn't sold any.

So do you almost sell yours if it touch $4k? Yes you are lucky not to sell it because after that you will se the price bullish.
This small bullish is very good because the price up not so rapidly. Its very slow but i think this much better rather than goes up rapidly and down again deeper. Its not what i expect.
Zsywt1024

Activity: 286
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:41:58 PM

Because they love bitcoin from the heart,Although the interests of the community are paramount today
But pure love is enough to hold it  Kiss
No Bitcoin No Blockchain ,man
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

If you sell price will go down. If everyone sell market will crash.
If you hold nothing will change, but if everyone hold, no one sell and someone buy, price will go up and it benefits everyone who want to sell and make profit. It is magic circle. 
I don't see any other reason why everyone is suggesting to hold.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:09:14 PM

Well there is something called stop loss , holding won't help you always , sometimes you should sell as soon as possible if you find out a coin becomes scam!
people have different ideas so you should do your own research before taking any decision in the market .

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
cake101

Activity: 125
Merit: 11

Get your share of the future!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:09:47 PM

If everybody will hold their coin/token the supply will be limited thus the demand will increase. If everybody sells out then the price will decrease since no one wants it. If you plan to sell it right away the price will be based on how much you sold it. So make sure you sell it on a high price or better yet, hodl it til its worth something. Wink
pisston

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:21:01 PM

If everybody will hold their coin/token the supply will be limited thus the demand will increase. If everybody sells out then the price will decrease since no one wants it. If you plan to sell it right away the price will be based on how much you sold it. So make sure you sell it on a high price or better yet, hodl it til its worth something. Wink
payment to be sure that the price will be high? Well, we invested in Bitcoin at the level of $ 15,000, in the hope that the coin will again return to $ 20,000, but this did not happen.
salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 07:44:40 PM

Quite simply because it is an easier strategy to implement than trading. Also you don't have to stress and worry about whether your predictions will come true or not you can get in and out at one single time. Makes the game a whole lot easier and I would advocate this approach for all beginners, and intermediate players in the game.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Kizaki

Activity: 413

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:17:57 PM

Well, the best thing to rather than to cut-loss is just to hold and wait for the market to recover. Just think of it, why would you sell something if you know that you will incur losses, if at the mean time you don't really need to cash-out or if you have no plans of cashing out your crypto money yet. People tend to panic sell because of being to emotional during the market crash.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:41:27 PM

Why do you have to sell when the market move against you . You need to be patient and let the storm calm before selling your asset. Holing of stocks is a classic trading strategy that need to be augmented into any trader lifestyle.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: