Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:22:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2620 times)
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:56:23 AM

Its because most of the investors just sell their coins on seeing a price dip and they don't even realise that market would once again turn bullish.

Well not everyone can efficiently trade but everyone can hold. That's why many people don't find it hard to suggest hodling as a good way of managing your funds. It may be a longer wait to see your profits but it definitely is less risky.
I think the very reason is that if the value is low, better buy it and hold with patience while waiting for its increase. Due to its volatility, it's best that we know how to deal with it and play the game wisely and productively.

Its not the game mate but investment but if you feel happy to say it game then whatever.
For me its not game at all because we need any analysis on how itw work and analysis to get profit.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:11:35 AM

I'm also not a fan of holding but its a fact that its safer to hold than to trade like buy low and sell high. Most of the people are tying to make you hold while the entire population of traders are trying to take profit buy dumping while the price is high. If you hold while the price is high, its your decision as its safer, you lose no coins.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:22:12 AM

Holding a bitcoin is like holding the old things.
That you can also sell it for a high price over the years after the golden treasures.

And all such treasures become diamond one day. Same happening with bitcoins. Now, bitcoins have recently reconvert from a deep dip and they are rehabilitating themselves towards high prices. Still they aren’t making it up so speedy. Wait for best time when prices will be higher than you buying rates. Hold and make your money double and even triple, don’t lose your investment.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:14:50 PM

Simple because when there are more seller, the price will drop. That's why some people they are dumpers, they want the price to decrease. For example, there are many willing to buy, so the demand is high, the price will go up. Basic economics.
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:23:45 PM

Coin has been developed and created a good user trend, Any change or bewilderment will affect the real user psychology. If you do not hold, the value of the coin and user base decreases. Trust in the shaken user will be hard to re-oscillate.

People always failed to hold the coin because they will follow the fud and negative rumours about the project. A person who has confidence in the project will always make good amount of money by holding them for long-term because i have experienced it many times. 
tikong

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:26:07 PM

Bitcoin has no stable price.It will down or up.Holding a Bitcoin is not bad because if you want to earn money you need to wait for the price increase.It is really a challenge to you.If you hold it and wait for the good price you will receive also a good profit.
Jake Virus

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:41:28 PM

I don't know why they keep on suggesting to hold. I think they are only saying it so that the value of the coin will grow. And if it happen. They will be the first to sell their coins.
I think almost everybody suggest to hold because holding our coin is one is very nice to do specially when the value of our coin was very low, we will just need to hold it and wait until the value of our coin is we will pump and in that way we can sell our coin with a high price.

datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:49:24 PM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
because holding bitcoin is the safest way to make your bitcoin value increase, ussually people who hold their bitcoin in long time like 1-2 years, never regret they have hold their bitcoin. and also compared trading hold bitcoin will make the mind kta quiet and not panic if there is a significant increase or decrease in price. this why people suggest to hold bitcoin
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:54:55 PM

because holding bitcoin is the safest way to make your bitcoin value increase, ussually people who hold their bitcoin in long time like 1-2 years, never regret they have hold their bitcoin. and also compared trading hold bitcoin will make the mind kta quiet and not panic if there is a significant increase or decrease in price. this why people suggest to hold bitcoin
I disagree, for me personally is better way gradually selling parts of my portfolio (when price go up) and gradually buying (when price go down). Thanks to this approach i was able cash out enough money from crypto and still have my crypto portfolio
playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:56:03 PM

Crpyto coins comes with lots of potentialities. And from the experieces of few event people got to know that a sudden hike happed in crypto world all the time along with the sudden fsudden fall.
Though some can be assume. For example after ico event the coins you get by joining bounty program by the time you are trting trade you wont be having the best price.
Crypto coin loose like 70% of its value in 3 days. And then it gradually grow and grow. To doubles of its projected ico price in 1 to two month if projects are strong.
Like voise vsl are the best examplr of it.
There are other successfull projecy like Decent (DCT)these are the pride of alternate new raising star of crypto apart from eth or ltc.
So to make a sell in low price is not good thats why we say hold and give some time to grow
sarahtarczon

Activity: 200

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:23:42 PM

The longer bitcoin you retain, the higher your bitcoin value. You can refer to the bitcoin price in recent years, and you will see the bitcoin value going up continuously over the years. Therefore, those who have kept the btc long ago, will never regret, because btc has benefited them. Patience with bitcoin will bring success to you in the future, the panic can not help you to bitcoin.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:37:24 PM

The people you see suggesting to hold are well experienced by the crypto market and they know how it grows and what are the exact times for its surge. If you are newbie to crypto trading, you must consider these suggestion as futuristic ideas to keep everything going smooth
I have noticed one thing and that is all those who are giving you an advice of holding of the coin at time when the market has fallen down must have fall victim of panic selling at time when they were newbies and all this, they have learnt from their experience. So, it is better to take their advice as in other case, we will be losing our money which no one will ever want to have in his carrier.
Most of the people here really suggest that everybody needs to hold their bitcoin because holding is the best way to help the price recover if we all collaborate to hodl then the price will not decrease and even though it will decrease but not too much. And if we do panic selling while the price is decreasing it will be a contribution for the dump.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:21:10 PM

As you can already see when Bitcoin has just started its price was $5 and today it has become $10,000 so if someone has mined 100 Bitcoin and can hold it till today then he can become a millionaire by now. So people consider holding coins are the safest and profitable way of making money but as of Bitcoin pros to make money you have to take some risk the more risk you can take the more money you are going to make.
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:30:10 PM

The people you see suggesting to hold are well experienced by the crypto market and they know how it grows and what are the exact times for its surge. If you are newbie to crypto trading, you must consider these suggestion as futuristic ideas to keep everything going smooth
I have noticed one thing and that is all those who are giving you an advice of holding of the coin at time when the market has fallen down must have fall victim of panic selling at time when they were newbies and all this, they have learnt from their experience. So, it is better to take their advice as in other case, we will be losing our money which no one will ever want to have in his carrier.

I think good potential coins have no loss until you sell any asset low price.Hold is gold and everybody try to hold their coin because cryptocurrency is market where every time coin are up down so if you sell it early than upset for this coin.So coins depends on project news value and use. if project is promising coin must be up and get a good news update there project.
buyandsale

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:30:50 PM

the more u hold the more u gain profit in btc as simple as that
piratcoin

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:13:14 AM

Since in long haul, odds of misfortune is particularly low as contrast with here and now.
With the goal that's the reason the greater part of the people groups incline toward long haul holding.
Hold until the point that you are not happy with the arrival.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:25:57 AM

The reason why everybody suggest to hold our coins is because HODL is the most effective and profitable technique. Many people became rich because they have a lot of patience to hold their coins.

apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:43:30 AM
Merited by enawati (1)

Because they just to see the price between 1 years, lets see price of some crypto early of 2017 and in the end of 2017. Some popular coin was give nice profit in 1 years even more than 100 times, that why many people thinking just by hold will be give the same return later. But could be last year will be not same with this year.

BTCsuccessor

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:06:16 AM

Because holdig will lessen or should I say no loose on your holding. When you know what coin you are trading and the price was gone low after you buy, you will just loose the capital when you sell lower. We suggest to hold in that kind of situation, because no one knows what would really happen the future, no have made it correctly to predict it.

If you earn a fortune, when raising the price of bitcoin. I think it's a better hold. Or lose your investment here. Because we do not know what will happen in the future. only the god knows. what will happen in the future.
Golegard

Activity: 146

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:43:57 PM

It is pretty obvious because they want you to get a big profit. Based on their experience they always encounter the dumping of price and it recover and recover so that instead of losing of interest in their coin they need to hold or wait a better price.

And the more volume of coin the result of increasing of price, if they sell and sell their coin the price will fall. It is based on the supply and demand of the coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: