Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:03:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why almost everybody suggest to hold?  (Read 2626 times)
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:49:38 AM

suggestion for holding does not mean forever..it is just temporary when the price of bitcoin is low but if it increases its price then if you think it mets your goal,it is up to you then if you sell it.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:05:13 AM

it suggesting by the people who are heaving good thoughts about it and heaving good experience about it hold is good if capital amount is there in suggestion this line should be mention if the capital amount is then do not go for sell the coin it is all depends on the people who connected with btc

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:38:04 AM

Like the OP mentioned, if you notice a big dip and then sell the btc for usd/usdt... then keep waiting for it to dip more... then buy it back... then it goes back to the price it was before the dip... then you would have made money.  But the person thats been holding it would not have made anything.  So surely people here agree what the OP suggests is good?  The only issue is you need patience and you cannot sell it below the price you bought the dip etc.

Aren't there more ppl that made money this way as oppose to holding?  As long as you follow the rule of do not sell at lower than bought price, then aren't you almost always good here?
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:26:03 AM

it suggesting by the people who are heaving good thoughts about it and heaving good experience about it hold is good if capital amount is there in suggestion this line should be mention if the capital amount is then do not go for sell the coin it is all depends on the people who connected with btc
Yes, i think those people who suggest to value holding are the people who hold bitcoin too, because it is useless if there are only few people who hold if there are more people sell and i think its a strategy and every must be aware on the market trend because the moment that the value will pump then pretty sure that somebody will sell their partly own bitcoin and that is why value volatility is the only constant in crypto coin.

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:14:20 AM

Hi all,
I have a really simple question or so seems to me cause i am a crypto noob.
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Thank you for your time reading this and excuse my lame English.

Regards.
Many people proved that holding bitcoin can generate more money. The reason why everybody are suggesting to hold our bitcoins is because it is not yet the right time to sell our bitcoins.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
RavRider

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:32:04 AM

Thats simple. They are a lot of people who tried to trade. Many people make profit while trading. But they see, when they just hold instead of trading, they would make a lot of more profit. So thats also a experience and a lesson which i have to learn, and thats why i stopped trading and i start holding. But after the crash i wished i never stopeed trading, because i had a lot less lose when i would change everything in btc or fiat money.
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:40:47 AM

Usually, you will never be able to time the top of the dip. When a coin starts following, given to our human nature, we expect it to rise back. But until we understand that it's bearish, selling it doesn't makes sense. So, we HODL, price dumps more and the only option then left is hodl. At that point it's better to not panic sell and instead hodl your coin for future bull market.
Btcmicel

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:11:29 AM

Usually, you will never be able to time the top of the dip. When a coin starts following, given to our human nature, we expect it to rise back. But until we understand that it's bearish, selling it doesn't makes sense. So, we HODL, price dumps more and the only option then left is hodl. At that point it's better to not panic sell and instead hodl your coin for future bull market.

Everybody suggest to hold. Because the time your hold your coins is a lot apportionity if the price in market will high. And you earn a big money in the we give a high price in market thats a experince of the other persons hold the bitcoin. And wait the time well done.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:43:17 AM

It is simply they just want their bitcoins value to increase. If you are tough enough and have the guts to hold on even the value of bitocin is swaying surely you will get a huge profit with bitcoin. This is the battle core of bitcoin, having or setting the right time to buy and to sell your bitcoin. Surely on your freshmen years with bitcoin you always want to sell your bitcoin even it is only low increase versus with your buy value. But as time passed by and you learn from its historical and economical flow. You now want just to hold your bitcoin because you know that someday and somehow you will get more profit by just holding.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:57:11 AM

It is truly clear since they need you to get a major benefit. In view of their experience they generally experience the dumping of cost and it recuperate and recoup so that as opposed to losing of enthusiasm for their coin they have to hold or hold up a superior cost.

Also, the more volume of coin the aftereffect of expanding of cost, on the off chance that they offer and offer their coin the cost will fall. It depends on the free market activity of the coins.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:08:01 PM

Hi all,
I really do not understand why almost everybody suggest to hold when there is a dip or correction.

With my simple noob logic i think that when there is a dip someone could sell at the start of the dip or do something else (e.g. buy tether y i know the rumors or something similar anyway) and then buy again later when the correction has stop or decrease.

Obviously no one knows when there is a many days dip and when it will end in order to buy but even so one can save much money just for sell and buy in between even without predict the absolute start and end of a dip.

I hold as everyone suggests but i now realise that if i had sell even a couple days before even yesterday-and not right after the start of the dip and buy lets say now i would have save a bunch of money relatively with what i am doing now which is hold.

I really must be missing something since i am crypto noob orelse i cannot explain why everyone suggest hold while i fear that real pros are doing the oppossite.

I would like to ask only experienced people who know what they are talking about to give their opinions cause i am fed up reading pseudo crypto pros everywhere around. I bet many of you understand what i mean. Everybody has become a crypto pro . Well i am a crypto noob and i need your heads up.

Regards.

They are suggesting everybody to hold their bitcoins because the bitcoins are falling they are not regaining their price last year and the people who selld their bitcoins and just contributing for the bitcoins to fall much more because we all know that the bitcoins volatility depends of the transactions of the bitcoins if there are more sell of bitcoins means that the demand ia getting lower so the price too are falling so if there are a lot of peoplw who hold and buy bitcoins they will absolutely gonna rise back up.
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 01:27:21 PM
Merited by adjiadjo (2)

Because it is a good thing to hodl, really. Talking from experience, the price is always volatile (yes we all know that) but there's a time when the price is pumping really hard (when it comes to the end of December) and that's when I got a quite good amount of cash. But there's also a time when the price's bump hard, especially in the last couple month.
But that would not be a problem if you have a stack of coins and even more, you can buy it again when the price is low! As long as you have a cool head and strong hand, I can assure you it's a good thing to hodl.

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
gary.bell

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:53:53 PM

It is safer to hold. Especially now.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:11:59 PM

Hi all,

Regards.
Many people proved that holding bitcoin can generate more money. The reason why everybody are suggesting to hold our bitcoins is because it is not yet the right time to sell our bitcoins.
- They choose to hold the bitcoin and get more money because they own a large amount of bitcoin, and we know the price of bitcoin is rising very fast and strong, therefore, the profit from the holding is also very large. But this only brings great benefits to big investors, with small and medium investors, I still suggest they should be trading Bitcoin, it will help them get more profits instead of holding, the oscillation of the bitcoin always happens continuously, based on that to optimize profits is a wiser way for us

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
glavos

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:55:03 PM

Basically everybody suggests to HOLD because they cannot trade and want to encourage other people that cannot trade not to sell as it will drive the price further down.
white.raiden

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:57:28 PM

Simple because when there are more seller, the price will drop. That's why some people they are dumpers, they want the price to decrease. For example, there are many willing to buy, so the demand is high, the price will go up. Basic economics.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:23:31 PM

It is safer to hold. Especially now.
It depends more on the situation of the market, now the market has seen a bit of dump so holding is not what you do when the market starts declining, But, in the far sighting holding is always better. There are some factors which irritate you a lot when you are holding and you have to overcome those fears to stay attentive and dedicated to hit your target. While dealing in crypto currencies, the most difficult thing is to make the decisions and in holding, this is the least endeavour you are going to do.

PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:53:56 AM

Yes, i think those people who suggest to value holding are the people who hold bitcoin too, because it is useless if there are only few people who hold if there are more people sell and i think its a strategy and every must be aware on the market trend because the moment that the value will pump then pretty sure that somebody will sell their partly own bitcoin and that is why value volatility is the only constant in crypto coin.
Holding of any of the coin at the time of the downfall of any of the crypto coins the best thing to do as this gives you a hope that after sometime, the market value of the coin which you have in your wallet will go up and because of which you will be able to have greater profit at the end. Other than this, patience plays a key role particularly in this field and that you need to remain patient at time when the prices are low.
zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:48:13 AM

1; I basically didn't see a couple of money in the short line. If you don't see it carefully, it's very rare.

2; To be rich, it is not to be rich, but by frying money, many people have finished the original accumulation.

3; In these years of wealth, you have found that the greatest difference between people is nothing but intelligence and knowledge.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:58:12 AM

A point is that crypto market just in the beginning of a way,  so there is no reason to put yourself in day trading and hesitate opening and closing positions. Only by holding for a long period of time you can make a fortune and become millionaire. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: