Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:25:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPVO] [Multiple Exchanges] Neo & Bee - LMB Holdings  (Read 658493 times)
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:42:48 PM

New Video of George Papageorgious, CEO of Neo & Bee, on ANT1 TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXhMzJLl02A

Does anybody that understands greek well know what they are talking about? I asked someone to help and they concluded something about 50,000 businesses at the end.

Rough transcript:

Commentator(C):
"...ahh, it is something that entered our lives, it is something that a lot of
people are familiar with' and with us we have mr George Papageorgiou, he is here
on behalf of Neo company. Can you tell us, what is this new thing that is coming
to our lives, how can someone acquire this bitcoin and how are transactions made?"

George Papageorgiou(GP):
"Good evening, lets start from the beginning, to follow up on the discussion your
previous guests had, that was quite interesting. Bitcoin is designed with a simple
philosophy in mind: you cannot solve a problem with the use of the same tools that
created the problem in the first place.

Bitcoin is a payment system, it is an asset exchange system.."

(C)
"There is fertile ground for it, given the economic crisis and the way it..[inaudible]"

(GP)
"Bitcoin is developed with these ideas in mind: it is corruption-proof, it is haircut-proof,
it allows every individual to acquire ownership of his/her own wealth without any third-party
dependencies, it enables a transaction between two individuals without any third-party intervention."

(C)
"Allright. So, what is this bitcoin?"

(GP)
"Bitcoin is the outcome of a technology that is being researched for -at least- the last thirty years.
The creation of a decentralised network in which two individuals can transact digitally and exchange
monetary values between them, without the need for supervision by a central authority.

This is the basis of it."

(C)
"Ahh, ok.. This, ah, sounds kind of insecure, right? At least from what i hear, the internet, digital stuff,
without any supervising authority..."

(GP)
"The supervising authority in this case is mathematics. You see, the bitcoin network is built on what is
called open source code. This means that all the transactions, the way with which the network operates,
the rules on which the network itself operates, area absolutely transparent and available to anyone for
scrutiny.

Someone cannot just "inject" a virus, or the wrong code, because rest of the network will simply reject
these transactions."

(C)
"Allright. Let's see how can someone today in Cyprus, because after all now we can, can make a transaction
with this currency"

(GP)
"Through our company, an individual can gain access to bitcoins, he can receive reliable information on both
the positive and negative aspects of it, as well as the challenges around it: because this is new technology,
a lot of people are not accustomed to the idea of digital money, neither the fact that they can manage it on
their own.

This is why we need to be informed on the risks and challenges involved"

(C)
"So, let me get this straight. I will take a part of my money, if i want to buy something in Cyprus or worldwide,
am i right?"

(GP)
"Yes, yes exactly"

(C)
"I'll convert them to bitcoin through your company, i will tell the system ``i want to buy``, and ah..
 Is there a rate for this, is there something..?"

(GP)
"The rates fluctuate, they depend on supply and demand. The rate to Euro."

(C)
"So i'll convert my money from Euro to bitcoin, and after that i'll just buy with bitcoin?"

(GP)
"After that you can make an transaction anywhere in the world, instantly. This means that the merchant that
you will choose will receive his funds instantly, at no cost to you. Because there is noone interfering, the
transaction is frictionless. Same goes for merchants. Merchants in Cyprus that will be accepting bitcoins,
can have customers from all over the planet, with the transaction received in their electronic wallet, instantly,
without any third party intervention or delay. At the same time they can check with us and receive the corresponding
funds in Euro"

(C)
"And the conversion rates to Euro are the same?"

(GP)
That depends on the system application at the moment. If, for example, one comes and offers us bitcoin, and
we have never had a transaction with that individual, then we will move with market rates. But when it comes
to our merchant accounts we have made sure that they are protected from these rates fluctuations, and we will
buy their bitcoins at the rate they received them."

(C)
"Alright. It is an innovative process in Cyprus. Where is it now, is there any merchant interest, or from the
general public?"

(GP)
"People are interested. On the 24/25 of the previous month we held two merchant conferences, in Nicosia and Limassol,
that were attended by over 500 people in the industry. Most of them were interested in how the payments work in bitcoin.
We explained thoroughly the process to them, with the help of the University of Nicosia and we have already made some
strong alliances with merchants on the island so that in the coming weeks they will start moving forward and accept
bitcoin for their services"

(C)
"Alright. I wanted to ask, how is the world market around it, does it have a big percentage of the market?"

(GP)
"Internationally, there are approximately 50.000 businesses that accept bitcoin, they are mostly decentralised  and mainly
they are enjoing the benefit of sending and receiving transactions instantly, from any part of the globe. Many of those
are internet-based but as time passes we have more and more physical establishments that accept it, like a hotel for example,
that is making business worldwide and it instantly exposed on an eight billion USD market."

(C)
"Alright. This is new for our lives, we will see how things turn out. Thank you mr Papageorgiou and good luck on your endeavour."

(GP)
"Thank you"

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:02:29 AM

Do you know when the first dividend is planned to be distributed ?

I'd imagine end of second quarter would be the best bet.

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
decdec

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:26:44 AM

While im sure these guys have been busy etc since the launch its been several weeks now and there has been a lack of information since then.

some IPVO figures would be nice, some kind of indication of how the uptake is going in cyprus would be nice also.

QuanSushi

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:14:37 AM

I don't expect any dividends for some time (years)
bittymitty

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:29:03 AM

Dividends are to be paid quarterly.

However they only pay dividends on profit so its anyone guess when Neo Bee will be in the black.
jbest8283

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:15:18 AM

Dividends are to be paid quarterly.

However they only pay dividends on profit so its anyone guess when Neo Bee will be in the black.

Also there is no guarantee there will ever be "profit", as all profits can always be reinvested back into the company.

Lol, then that would be profit...
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

In case you missed it: http://issuu.com/playbig/docs/ybitcoin_spring_2014_complete

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
equipoise

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 07:34:17 PM

And two major official invitations - see https://twitter.com/BtcDanny/status/443037460524990465 and https://twitter.com/BtcDanny/status/444505960166752256.

Edit: wrong link corrected.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
halcyon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:08:57 PM

doesn´t look good for the future  Cry

Directbet livebetting
equipoise

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:10:56 PM

Did you just sold your shares?

halcyon

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:12:50 PM

not yet, but I think it would be the better decision.

Maybe just stick to Bitcoins and put them in a cold wallet without trying investing.
Have been burned to many times  Sad

Directbet livebetting
Stelios

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:42:19 PM

And two major official invitations - see https://twitter.com/BtcDanny/status/443037460524990465 and https://twitter.com/BtcDanny/status/444505960166752256.

Anyone know for when is the invitation ?
equipoise

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 08:56:17 PM

not yet, but I think it would be the better decision.

Maybe just stick to Bitcoins and put them in a cold wallet without trying investing.
Have been burned to many times  Sad
Did you bought at 0.006? It could be there again soon and above, but who knows.

equipoise

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 09:01:27 PM

Anyone know for when is the invitation ?
Anything between next week and next month seems reasonable for such kind of invitations, but I don't have any additional information to confirm that. 

mitkos1

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:03:46 PM

Any TA expert here? It looks like tripple bottom to me on descenting triangle. It should be a bullish sign with all the good news arriving. If we brake 0.003 could be bloody. No support down there...
theMiracle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:11:01 PM

You can't run TA with just a handful of d00dz trading -- you need volume.
mitkos1

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:17:34 PM

Yes, I've noticed the volume...or better no volume   Grin I'm a holder anyway. I was dumped on that 10k sale at 0.0031 so no reason to be complaining here.
Herp

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:33:12 PM

I think invitation is actually positive. Check out this exchange between Danny and this guy:

@BtcDanny It was just a reminder to be weary. Just remember they are not necessarily exctatic to invite you, to put it mildly.

Danny Brewster:
@Kosmatos oh the parliamentary discussion is okay. Educated friends at the table too

https://twitter.com/BtcDanny/status/444508962810257408

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

equipoise

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 09:52:42 PM

I think invitation is actually positive. Check out this exchange between Danny and this guy:

@BtcDanny It was just a reminder to be weary. Just remember they are not necessarily exctatic to invite you, to put it mildly.

Danny Brewster:
@Kosmatos oh the parliamentary discussion is okay. Educated friends at the table too

On my opinion it's positive for sure, but on bitcointalk any mention of bank or government brings some instinctive panic. Remember when Neo & Bee announced they intend to buy in traditional banks and the price drop after.

Herp

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:55:25 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 10:08:12 PM by Herp

Danny Brewster:

On my opinion it's positive for sure, but on bitcointalk any mention of bank or government brings some instinctive panic. Remember when Neo & Bee announced they intend to buy in traditional banks and the price drop after.

LoL that was really stupid. I'd love to see them buying a banking license or a bank. It would make moving fiat around so much easier, among other things, like insured deposits and so on.

MtGox's or Kraken's USD withdrawal times would have been resolved had they had owned a bank.

Bitcoin-central https://bitcoin-central.net/, the relaunched French exchange offers segregated fiat accounts with deposit insurance due to the partnership they have with a French bank that holds these accounts. Pretty smart way to go about it.

Compliance : Euro payment accounts held by an approved Payment Institution.

Each customer account is linked to a payment account held for you by a licensed Payment Institution partner: you send euros to an account owned by you to purchase bitcoins.

Your withdraw requests are transmitted directly to our Payment Institution partner.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: