Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4439 times)
Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:21:21 PM

I don't think its dangerous to hold alts, but you should have a back up plan and timeline until when you are planning to hold your alt coins, its also very important to be updated about the projects you are involved so you can protect your investments and you can see the progress of the project. It takes a lot of research and study to be in this industry.
only an in-depth analysis of the project can show real prospects for one or another coin, But I am convinced that it is trade, namely, earnings on the difference in the price of coins are the most promising.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:27:20 PM

Of course not.
It's just depends on what you hold. Of course some shitcoins will be dangerous, but if you do your own research and really believe in the project and team than HODL.
Yeah you are right that it will always be depend on what altcoins we are holdings. Proper research on the project and chosing the best team in ICO is the best way to gain more profits. Actually if we are expecting for huge profit in short team then chosing altcoins rather than bitcoins is the best because we can buy altcoins in the cheapest price than bitcoins. But in long term investment bitcoin will be safest of them all.
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:46:22 PM

Holding altcoins is sometimes dangerous and risky,but holding alts can also give you big rewards by  holding it for a long period of time, that will be only the scenario if you hold alts.

tokenchatkelvin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:42:13 PM

I don't find holding of altcoins to be dangerous, because among the entire altcoins listed on coinmarketcap very few grew while bitcoin was declining in value. But now as the price of bitcoin has started to increase, most of the altcoins too started to increase. This confirms profit on holding of altcoins.

I think it is easier to trade than to apply a warren buffet mindset with crypto, because the market is still in its infancy and anything could happen. Whereas stocks is a developed market so people "buy and hold".
Akitot

Activity: 109

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:57:47 PM

Dangerous in what way? You may be in danger when people know that your wallet is worth hacking, you know, people most check wallet especially when its posted on your wall.
Kuchiyosenojutsu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:03:40 PM

prices fall and rises will surely occur due to instability. in my opinion, if for investment you should buy a case of bitcoin and eth. because they have a long prospect, and for the price decline will not drop. so from now on, you have to be smart to choose altcoin, your future thoughts, and get your profit
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:08:50 PM

You should ask yourself, are you holding a P&D coin,a shitcoin, no volume coin? Then hodling these coins are very risky.

But if you are hodling coins that have real projects and should be valuable in the future, then you should risk it. It is still risky hodling alt-coins but it is worth the risk if it is a real project.
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:36:31 PM

prices fall and rises will surely occur due to instability. in my opinion, if for investment you should buy a case of bitcoin and eth. because they have a long prospect, and for the price decline will not drop. so from now on, you have to be smart to choose altcoin, your future thoughts, and get your profit
all expect a rise in the price of Bitcoin and the etherium. Well, what about the altcoin and all the Bitcoin twins? These coins, too, will the price go up or not?
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:41:27 PM

Dangerous in what way? You may be in danger when people know that your wallet is worth hacking, you know, people most check wallet especially when its posted on your wall.
Everyones wallet here are posted on their profile but the problem is that who among them are the best target for a hacker. Answer is none unless you just give your private key to someone and that someone could get in to your wallet and you just got to wish that your crypto is isn't there but you are too late to notice that it has being sent to someone's wallet address.
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:19:47 PM

If you hold unstable and not growing coins its wastage of time and dangerous also hold leading coins having worth and future stability like ;Bitcoin,Etherum,Ripple etc.

If market goes down hold for long term it will give good profit.
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:12:46 AM

If you don't do a proper research it might be. Since altcoin varies every now then, hold it and watch the market value. If the value goes dump for almost 30% of it's initial value then it's time to sell it. Always do some research before mingling into business.
paramex

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:51:50 AM

I think not, hold altcoin thus will make the coin being detained are becoming increasingly expensive, that's the reason a lot of investors who hold the coin with the long-term because the price will definitely be getting up again.
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:56:44 AM

There are some alts worth hodling
Ether, anonymous coin like monero and zcoin are good
Neo, if hodl is in place, you would have gained from it
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/neo/usd

crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:11:59 AM

Its depends what altcoins you hold.There are many altcoins out there, some are shitcoins and the other are much pretty good in long term holding.Depends on your strategy and what plan do you have just in case you want to hold an altcoin.

For me I just hold altcoin if it has a future and i always research about the coin that i wanted to invest so that i will minimize my losses in the long term.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:04:33 AM

Altcoin prices mostly not independed. Their trend is depends on bitcoin. when bitcoin makes sharp moves, altcoins also drops. Thus holding altcoins are a little bit dangerous. But if you can achieve to buy a good altcoin, profit is so good comparing with bitcoin.

turn the page
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:42:17 AM

It depends which type coins portfolio you have,If you hold stable coins it can be profit oriented in long run.Buy cheap and hold surely will earn good profit and will be beneficial.

Correct since there are type of coins which has questionable use and some of them are totally shit so selecting the correct net with existing running platform is a must for choosing so that risk upon holding some coins will be lessen and chances to gain will became more higher. But we shouldn't expect hard upon holding but instead we should look for good experiences on it so that we may know the flaws of each actions we take.
is that any stable coin? I see all coins have a very high fluctuation, maybe it depends on the coin you choose but is that coin has a great future potential or not, for example if you buy and hold Ethereum for the long term. it is not a problem because this coin has great potential in the future, yeah its depends on the coin you choose mate
HP Guy

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:12:52 AM

You are right holding altcoins can be extremely profitable. I know that some of top altcoins (maybe XRP) increased 70 000% during year, it means if you had invested $100 at the beginning of the year, you would have $70 000 by the end of the year.
But i also agre that many alts don't survive.
So my conclusion: Buy and keep well-known alts to obtain to several times growth a year.
colemankaan

Activity: 116

TEND, TOKENISING LUXURY ASSETS

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:18:50 AM

Actually it’s rewarding from my point of view. Holding coins mean you are not selling your coins when they are down. What i learnt from this market is nothing lasts forever. If your coins are down a lot they will probably recover and reach even higher. Don’t panic and think your coins are dead or they will stay worthless forever. Panicking is our worst enemy.

PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:51:50 AM

As the bitcoin price continuously rising to $11k, this will be good chance for altcoins to grow. Hodling is always a risk but you won't be profitable in this business if you will not take a risk. You just need to know when you will sell your altcoins and don't wait for landing it to the moon. Be smart to decide.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:50:28 AM

Actually it’s rewarding from my point of view. Holding coins mean you are not selling your coins when they are down. What i learnt from this market is nothing lasts forever. If your coins are down a lot they will probably recover and reach even higher. Don’t panic and think your coins are dead or they will stay worthless forever. Panicking is our worst enemy.

holding is only rewarding if you hold a potential coin that has a high succes rate because not all coins can possibly increase and pump.

Holding coins mean you are not selling your coins when they are down.
of course hodling means you hold them, and selling is an act of selling. You hold your coins because your using them as a form investment.

Don’t panic and think your coins are dead or they will stay worthless forever. Panicking is our worst enemy.
so your saying that panicking can cause for the coin to become stagnant and stuck for being dump? no , it doesnt matter even if you panic or not because the coins will always go own their own way. But yeah panic wont help you at all and it can only make the situation worst. Much better if you can just keep calm and hodl.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: