Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
jamieasf

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:34:06 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I don't think holding altcoins is dangerous especially when it have future to rise. Whenever I got my bounty tokens, I am holding them until it rise little by little. By doing that I find it not dangerous as it gives me more profit.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
profit-shooter

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:29:11 AM

There is always a risk in holding cryptocurrency because the main factors influencing the growth of the price is offer and demand. If the coin is popular and with high cap (at least in the first 50th) than it is worth investing at dips. Both technical and fundamental information must be properly analyzed and checked in order to make decisions on investing in one or another altcoin.
market field

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:30:06 PM

Everything is dangerous with this markets Cheesy even the altcoins that we thought were safe were down in price. Everything is in a downtrend and it is very difficult to give the right decision.
So really everything is dangerous now Smiley
Currently I find this market is going up but it is not really high compared to the end of 2017, so should I invest in a little to that and wait? what do you think ?
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:32:36 PM

Thats a very good questions. I think holding is dangerous. Because everybody is telling you to hodle your coins even when theres a huge dump like the weeks ago. But instead of hodling you maybe should sell your coins as long as you are in the profit zone. Because when the dump starts last year, i didnt make these, because i listen to other people. I want to hold, and now all my profit i make since i startet in cryptotrading are gone. So for me until now, holding was not very effectiv!
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:49:16 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

You can't really class all alts together. Some are great projects with excellent long-term potential, and some are just junk. The question really is not how long should you hold alts for, but which alts should you  hold.

saekotye07

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:00:18 PM

i didn't see that holding an altcoins is dangerous.. because we all known that the value of ETH and BITCOIN is volatile and some of tokens are no value or fail.. but there's some tokens that listed to the market that have a great price..

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:31:15 PM

Holding altcoins is safe as long as you do not keep them in your exchange wallet as hackers can hack into the exchange and get your account. Regarding the altcoins themselves, I think it's safe if you have the 50 best altcoins because they have a lot of liquidity and their team is well known.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:55:59 PM

It will probably be dangerous if what you are holding are shitcoins that happens when you just keep on buying cheapest coins in the market without proper research if that is a potential coins in the future. Others may called trading is like gambling which is defintely true in some ways because it is so hard to predict what would be a potential coins to buy.
CryptoHunter24

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 04:50:55 PM

Holding alts is not dangerous,especially when it is listed to coinmarketcap,.If you want to hold an alts,check it first,its project,the community behind it. Many alts are popular,better to invest on it than to a newly coin which may dump sooner, invest on a coin which has an stable career on market.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:05:10 PM

Holding alts is not dangerous,especially when it is listed to coinmarketcap,.If you want to hold an alts,check it first,its project,the community behind it. Many alts are popular,better to invest on it than to a newly coin which may dump sooner, invest on a coin which has an stable career on market.
But many altcoins are also removed from the coinmarket cap too often because many coins are losing its value in long run and just getting dear weight coins.Recently bittrex also decided to remove tons of shit coins from their exchange so it means if you are holding a shitcoin too longer then it is dangerous too.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
lexodig

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:07:31 PM

Depending on the altcoins that you are holding as ripple, eth or ada, you should keep them 1-2 years I think you will have a big profit.
liuka

Activity: 814
Merit: 564

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:10:31 PM

any some altcoins is dangerous to hold them for the long time, check it on bittrex some altcoins is already delisted
and di remove at coinmarketcap too.
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:13:27 PM

Yeah it is a very dangerous game out there, and if you are not careful you will end up with 80-90% losses like I have in the past. It really hurts to take those losses, but it can be mitigated with a few winners.

hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:18:26 PM

Well, holding those altcoins with potential to grow and good support team I think it's not dengerous as you said. Better to search you own altcoins, which is which and better to holding on that make you earn good profit.
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

I think 95% of altcoins will die in the future.
 Therefore, we must try to keep track of new technologies and sell obsolete altcoins in time.

ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:30:47 PM

If you have many different altcoins, you have an understanding when you close a position (in profit or loss), then there is nothing dangerous in this. Of course, the research must be done carefully, as described above.
Vlizze

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:44:43 PM

Depends on how long you are willing to hold and at what time you buy.  If you plan to hold for a year or two before taking profits ... it's pretty safe.  If you plan for short term, you need to make sure you are buying the dip.  Right now, I believe we are near the bottom.  BTC could still drop down to the 4k to 6k range.  However, when you look at the big picture, it's around where it should be ... so are all the alts. 
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:28:07 PM

If you ask such a question, study the theory of investing. If you know what you are doing, there is no danger to your assets here.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
WSDN

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:46:15 PM

certainly, it is very dangerous to holding Altcoin but you must accept if you wanna get profit. i will suggest you invest in WPR, SXUT, and INS

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
john_nautica

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:41:08 PM

if you have altcoin and hold too long may be dangerous because we do not know the future of altcoin, i suggest you should sell coins when your hold time find a good price and higher than your purchase price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: