Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:55:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
Reinz12

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:16:40 AM

I can say that NO. Holding alts is not dangerous if you just bought altcoins that is quality and the project has special features or purpose, there are many altcoins that is shitcoin, not legit. So make sure that you are holding altcoins that has the quality and real team behind the project.
Exactly, we cant be sure that all coins existed today really have a good future nor it will be dead. That's why we should invest those coins that have a huge changes of gaining and it could be possible that it will last for long. You may consider all the aspects to know which one is good and by monitoring each daily to know it is growing or not.
yes, that's true, at the moment a lot alt coin are circulating and there are some of them become ash because of poor management and not supported by the community. If you still intend to hold alt coin for the long term, can read whitepaper and roadmap as a reference in the future, whether that alt coin have survival opportunities or not, can also check the community and developers. we can see from some alt coin that still exist until now and have big support from their community like ripple, eth, doge etc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:33:27 AM

Your fears are clear.
However, it is still too early to be afraid of competition in the crypto world in related areas. This market is still young and not saturated. Now it is more important to beware of scammers.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
PG13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:53:29 AM

It's really depend on the alt coin that you hold.
If you hold the scam-shit-pump-dump coins then you need to worried, like a lot.
Please do your research before put your money all in. Only good project/ alt coin that will sustains in the long term.
Yeah I agree, the best strategy to gain much profit on this crpyto technology is to hold your coins. Every investments has risk but you can't gain without a facing the risk. You need to conduct your own research about that altcoins. Know who are the developers and the supporters of that particular altcoins. The success of your investments will rely on your decisions. Hold until you gain profits. Note too greedy is not good.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Blondy12

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:41:40 AM

There is no such word as dangerous if you know what coins are you holdings and avoid buying lots of different altcoins. Also buy the ones that have been known already to the market but that requires a large amount of capital. Or do your job first by doing research for a potential coins that could give you a nice profit anytime soon. Always remember that shitcoins are spreading fast like a virus.
mustafayasinsenturk

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:08:19 PM

people are worried about the multiplicity of ico projects. I think you're making unnecessary panic
Number of projects is not important as long as people are interested.
DevilCredit

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:38:45 AM

What causes danger? This sort of thing is just an expression for people who are afraid of loss only. all the stuff in holding coins and investing either in altcoin or all of them at risk of bitcoin and dangerous but if you can handle it then great results will certainly be obtained.
sugihe

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:47:06 AM

holding alts are not dangerous if you will study every altcoins that has a posibility to go to the moon,  and what alt coin you will hold, just like what happened on CARDANO, its just like a wild card that goes to 6 (now) on coinmarketcap. when it  was on its peak its on top 2. always remember to read and study. those altcoins will be our backup if bitcoin will drop again just always be careful on what altcoins you will invest.

For sure, there is risk in holding altcoins. But this risk worths holding the coins. It's needed in other word, and if you get profit, the risk of holding would be the supporter of your profit.

Risk is taken for great chance of profit at the end of story.
We all dont want to have risk for our capital but if you dont take it then just stay in comfort zone where we get certain income but not enough to make us rich
rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:35:22 AM

holding alts are not dangerous if you will study every altcoins that has a posibility to go to the moon,  and what alt coin you will hold, just like what happened on CARDANO, its just like a wild card that goes to 6 (now) on coinmarketcap. when it  was on its peak its on top 2. always remember to read and study. those altcoins will be our backup if bitcoin will drop again just always be careful on what altcoins you will invest.

For sure, there is risk in holding altcoins. But this risk worths holding the coins. It's needed in other word, and if you get profit, the risk of holding would be the supporter of your profit.

Risk is taken for great chance of profit at the end of story.
We all dont want to have risk for our capital but if you dont take it then just stay in comfort zone where we get certain income but not enough to make us rich
Holding is a risky business. If your knowledge is not solid, you can lose all your capital in just a few days. You need to know more about the crypto market for the most accurate analysis.
I really do not trust the altcoins, the cost of them is dependent on the billionaire investor. They will control the cost of all the altcoins and it will cost us a loss if we do not have enough patience and knowledge.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
mald1to

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:06:38 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

Yeah I agree to what they replied. It depends upon the alt coins you are holding and also one of the big factor is how good the project is. In terms of demand, will more people utilize the coins? Basically it's function. In addition to that, you should look forward on the dev team of the coins to which you are holding because they are the ones who can make it go bull run.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
chiggx

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:22:32 AM

alts are more risky than bitcoin but i think that is changing. in my view ethereum will be the dominant crypto by the end of the year, btc is dying

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:08:50 AM

I think it's not dangerous holding altcoins, we have different plans and strategies with the altcoins in our wallets.
I've come to appreciate and believe that altcoins are very good investments, they may take a while to pump but
rewards are very satisfactory. They are widely famous for being longtermed ventures, typically it's best not to think
about it much and to give it time to do it's thing. Just make sure you are invested in a existing project that has a
potentially good prospect to succeed so that you won't be wasting the time and money you have in it. Practically
avoid being scammed since it's one of the major risks with altcoins and ICOs. But recent ICOs that have been
emerging are really saturated and interesting, there seems to be improvements sprouting with projects and markets
today.
Moons Trader

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:14:05 AM

There is many worthless alts. It's important to choose wisely before investing money. A key is representative dev team and advanced website. My current top one is Nebula Network, decentralized storage cloud. There are already similar projects, but what's innovative here is stable exchange rate thanks to emission mechanism tied to their supply. BTC is archetype, a future of the market are real value alts Smiley
coinmarketshortcoin

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:27:58 AM

It really depends on the coin. Some coins are so overvalued and over-shilled that we would say: yes, hodling is definitely dangerous!
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:47:53 AM

Holding Altcoin we need to have the max patience to see 30 times profit in a year or else we loss 70 percent of the portfolio. Altcoin follow parabolic path 3 month up and 3 months down
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:11:12 AM

It is dangerous - to sell alts at any drawdown and with negative news. Then the losses will be very large.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:26:50 AM

I can say that NO. Holding alts is not dangerous if you just bought altcoins that is quality and the project has special features or purpose, there are many altcoins that is shitcoin, not legit. So make sure that you are holding altcoins that has the quality and real team behind the project.
Thats true, if you hold altcoin that have good quality and have good technology like Ethereum, Waves, XRP, Stellar, etc. of course the risk will not be too big because they have great potential in the future. so holding that coin for a long time is not dangerous. unless you hold shitcoin and wish they had a double price of course it is risky and dangerous..
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:33:57 AM

Id say holding any crypto is dangerous ,due to non predictable behaviour.But if a project is full of potential and market is stable,at some point can make nice profit,if to cash out at the right moment,without going through the overall corrections and crashes of btc,what i did,and regreted a lot:)

donacal

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:42:33 AM

But I think that the alt must be kept. I hodl. There are some companies I entered that still need to start businesses. When the business takes off the tokens will make x 1000
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:10:32 PM

In my opinion, holding alts isn't dangerous. Holding them too long is dangerous unless they belong to the top 10 list. For me, new promising alts are good to hold for less than a year to see if it's doing what it has promised. But then after a year of holding, that is the time you'll assess if it's still worth to hold or not.

sonomaguy

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:20:50 PM

How do you feel about ETH vs. others I currently have a little over 1 ETH and am trying to see what else I should invest into, thinking about litcoin, what are your thoughts?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: