Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:01:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4439 times)
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 11:09:56 AM

I can say, it depends on the Alt values itself. I've experienced hold an Airdrop token, but within a 6 month, most of the token has no value.
So, if you believe your alts has a unique and good roadmap, I think it's worth to hold.

extrimals

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:18:59 AM

Now there are a lot of applicants, a lot of good cryptocurrency developments, but there are too many new coins created, some of them are simply not needed.
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:06:00 AM

Yes, at the present time and the distant past, much has been created of the new coins, they were too many. Many haven't achieved anything and some of them grew at least a little, but priorities of course is already there.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:28:43 AM

Of course very risky. But the whole crypto market is risky. Maybe the riskiest investment instruments are cryptos.
If you think this is dangerous this market is not for you.
You can invest your money in the banks for a less dangerous investment.
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:34:15 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
There is always that risk if you want to hold coins for years but risks will result in great gains if successful. All you need to do is follow the project and monitor and decide for your self if it has a future.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:15:03 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
There is always that risk if you want to hold coins for years but risks will result in great gains if successful. All you need to do is follow the project and monitor and decide for your self if it has a future.
really to analyze altcoin will be more difficult than bitcoin, because altcoin depends on the course of that project, so if that product sales project is good, then altcoin will survive

h31s3nb3rg

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:08:24 PM

I don't think that holding some altcoins is dangerous but I can't ignore the fact that there are some altcoin that was destined to go down so before investing in altcoin , always make sure that you choose the right coin , make sure that it has a good potential in the future so that your investment will grow.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:13:03 PM

Guys, be smart! All financial investment has risks. But if you doubt than you can get your money to any cryptofund. If you act self than  it should constantly watch for holdable coins. Some time successful projects suddenly die.
jlpabilonia

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:17:59 PM

i dont think that hodl altcoin is dangerous. it depends on the potential of the token that you holding. if you think that your token has a very good potential in the near future. its better to hodl it. hodl by your own risk. but for me it depends in the holder of the token.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:57:30 PM

yes it's right but only shitcoin are dangerous to hold for years. you must sell shitcoin when it give you in profit we can hold only valuable coins for years then it will give highest profit in return of investment. if we hold bitcoin and eth and bitcoincash for years then we will in profit but all shit coin are hold in result you will lost all you money.
Semaj123

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:04:08 PM

i dont think that hodl altcoin is dangerous. it depends on the potential of the token that you holding. if you think that your token has a very good potential in the near future. its better to hodl it. hodl by your own risk. but for me it depends in the holder of the token.

The right term would probably risk. Dangerous doesn't sound good and  people will definitely find it hard to explain. Anyway, hodling coins will be definitely have some risk because of its volatility. We are not sure what will be its final value and when it will go up and down. Everything in crypto space is really risky business  due to the uncontrolled price of the coin. So, we need to be always doing some monitoring every now and then because crypto behaves unnaturally.
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 01:43:40 PM

I rather choose the term risky than dangerous  Grin
Not only altcoin is risky pal, even bitcoin too.Investing in cryptocurrency may it be bitcoin or even stock currencies have risk.The risk of losing your profit.Since you cant predict the outcome when it will go down or up anytime.Although as time of experience in trading, it can help you to be more cautious to trade professionaly to avoid big loss.As we always keep saying, invest only what you can afford to lose.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
TriaxialTick5

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:26:34 PM

It depends. If you do your own research on the project, the team behind it, etc then you stand a better chance of landing a winner. Besides, a less riskier approach are airdrops. This gives you a chance to 'test drive' the product before investing in it. heard of  Bitcoin Crown? The Bitcoin Crown (BTCC) platform offers the safest crypto platform for online gamers & crypto currencies worldwide. Currently being airdropped. Give it a try! Goodluck!
Froy

Activity: 476

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:08:28 PM

You do not have to call all Altcoins. I agree with you that most of the coins just disappear after a while. But the market such as the whales Bitcoin and Ethereum could qualify for long storage

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
seviandyosi

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:24:29 PM

Hold the coin I'm sure is not dangerous. Under the conditions of the current market price, if we could choose a coin that has good quality and had the potential to grow. Of course, this gives motivation for us to always do the trading, and help us in the search for profits.
backspace jejel

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:13:40 PM

Why would be dangerous? Maybe if short term profit is what you want. But you deeply searched on what altcoins you want to buy and you've really believe on their technology I don't think that will be dangerous because you will hold it for long term and have a perfect sell target.
Elcapsono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:51:45 AM

In this market, everything is dangerous, but holding is the safest way even with significant losses. But scammers and projects that are only aimed to deceive you are much more dangerous and this spoils the reputation of the crypto currency and frightens off new investors.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
uwouw0

Activity: 196
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:22:00 AM

By holding for altcoims yoh must find a legit altcoins and have good progress for next i think, its possible  double up your money by holding altcoins who have good progress, but if u choice wrong coin yo holding you will loss your money
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 10:19:32 AM

I think  it is quite dangerous.  What do you expect?  Every alt can't keep on rising you know.   Now that would be easy?  If these coins can go +200% in a week, do you really expect them not stay at that level?  BTC itself is dangerous and alts are even more dangerous.  But that's the fun part actually.  If BTC goes down, alts go even more down.  If btc recovers, they tend to recover even more.  It's a shame you can hardly trade usd to alts (I own).  Now that would be neat for trading!
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

we need to balance of all coins while holding all coins nothing is dangerous in holding but we should nt lose balance in holding less speculative coins in market

Many people depending on their investment have earned too much money and others just the opposite maybe even using
similar or similar techniques. That's why I think it's very dangerous because it depends on the currency and how it is handled.
marketing at that time but it also depends a lot on us to know how to invest.
Regarding about investing, all investment is very dangerous so please be aware before investing.
Use free money or afford money to try to get smaller impact if its loss. Never greedy to get rich too fast since it will bring yourself in more dangerous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: