Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4439 times)
Riddikulo

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:02:20 PM

Depends on the quality of the project. If the project is reliable, then you need to HOLD , if not, just for luck. Hold recommend to everyone who does not know how to trade and does not have enough funds to invest in different projects.

That is why never buy altcoins being blind. Just before you pick the cryptocurrencies to invest in, try to learn everything about each one in details. The most reliable altcoins can be held for long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Marahunter

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:52:30 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

I think there are some new amazing projects because the infrastrucutre has significantly developed, however, dont be too greedy, if you can buy at a bottom and sell at the top, the usual trading tactics, you should be in profit if you are patient. I find in bear markets havin money in USDT or in exchange coins is a very good hedge against negative market movements too
Hzero

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:15:43 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

it depends on coins which you hold. If you hold coins which have no future, then you are very likely to fail with them in the future. i suggest you just pick top 50 coins if you want to hold.
yoonah

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:18:53 PM

If you are holding shitcoins then its very dangerous and you could lose every penny you have that is why you have to be very careful in choosing altcoins to invest in. Make sure that this is established with a good project and team.

TokenForUs

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Ccfound

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:07:45 PM

be specific which altcoins you want tohold. i dont see if holding altcoins have serious risk for long term investment, but you might want more benefit from altcoins you hold right? so take intens learn related to project development of altcoins, how dev threat their investor, and many event comes with the project...if you find more active dev inside that altcoin should bring you good return and worth of hold

coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:05:08 PM

holding alts coins aren't dangerous but we should have perfect strategy in holding coins when the market dump like this year now most of the coins will be stuck in price variations
nascasto

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:52:36 PM

I do not think it's dangerous. I do not think there is any fault if the project is good. I do not think that for most altcoins, of course, but I do not think there is any objection if the project is intact.

bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:48:11 AM

Holding alt coins is nt dangerous but we need to make profits whenever the market is pumped then we can see good amount of profits or else we may see coins blocked  at low prices when the market get dumped
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:52:16 AM

Yes, holding altcoins is dangeorus. but the question to ask is, which altcoins? For starters, take a look at the top 30 coins today on cmc and compare that with the top 30 coins 2 years ago.
You will see that only like a dozen coins still exist. So when searching for which altcoins are dangerous or which will survive, you already have "inside" information: what made these few ones survive and the rest gone to either oblivion or much lower parts of the table? Only then can you have a better idea about which "new" coins, e.g., Multiversum will have the ability to survive the coming years. Those ones are the ones you want to make a bet on.
Geoff999

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:00:57 AM

Holding any random Altcoin can be dangerous,

However if you do research into the projects, and see they have a solid team, a complete roadmap and are hitting release targets then the altcoin will surely do well.

I tend to only invest in altcoins that I will use personally, that way if they don't do as well as I had hoped I can still use the tokens myself.
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:02:25 AM

I do not think holding altcoin is dangerous, though it can be when the coin is not a good one but generally, as long as the coin is a good and potential one with good qualities and can remain stable even when the market is not doing fine. You only need to be convinced that the coin is agod one and be sure of how best to hold to avoid loss.
Shtamm_oval

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:05:41 PM

I can say that NO. Holding alts is not dangerous if you just bought altcoins that is quality and the project has special features or purpose
witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:15:17 PM

Yes, hodling alts for too long is very dangerous. Many people make the mistake and "believe" in their coins while price is irrantionaly spiking. Always sell during altcoin season peaks.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:22:10 PM

So is holding bitcoin, if you had and bought bitcoin at 20k, you could have lost a ton of money, obviously shitty altcoins lost even more value. An investment is always risky tho, as long as you are not pouring your entire portfolio in 1 shitty altcoin you should be fine.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
anggurMerah

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:24:41 AM

As long as you hold Altcoin that has good potential, I do not think this is a danger. Instead, you will get many benefits from what you hold. Most importantly you should be able to find a good Altcoin and promise you to resist in the short and long term.
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:34:29 AM

there is a possibility that holding altcoins are very dangerous, but its all depends on what altcoins you are holding because. for example you hold an altcoin for a long time and in the future it got delisted in exchange so you probably lose your money. Thats why when your holding your altcoin you should be active always in exchange if they got a notification in delisting and altcoin. Holding some good alts also can earn a lot of money also. thats why you need to choose a good altcoin to hold.

PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:13:39 AM

It depends on the altcoin you are holding. I dont see any problem on holding a trustworthy altcoin. Reliable coin creators develops a reliable altcoin, we should be careful in choosing.
Yeah that's true, as long as you know the progress of altcoins your holding and it has a good product then you should not to worry as this will somehow provide growth in the market soon. Hold only those worthy altcoins as not all altcoins will succeed in the future.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:24:33 AM

I invested fee only to those altcoins who are danger to become dead soon. Because sometimes the coin like the coin who are possuble become dead the price will increase and you will gain more profit. Like the coin who are the price like 100 satoshi each because sometimes they increase very high. Im very happy because I gain more profit to those altcoin who I hold and that's danger because anytime they have possible become dead but they increase .
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 07:09:27 AM

It is dangerous is a way that we do not know who and how long the community will support that specific crypto but if we will not take that risk and danger we will witness its pump but also need to update it always and if it started to dump you can quickly sell and buy other cryptos.
xboxtwo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:11:41 AM

it depends on the atlcoin that you are holding. If the team of that coin is very productive then it's good to hold it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: