Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:18:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565017 times)
BuTaJIu4eK

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:51:45 PM

Just received a letter from bitmine.ch!

By the end of the next week our production will start and I will have more information about the shipping date of your order.
Thank you for your understanding.

No comments!  Shocked
lossminer

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

a letter or an E-mail?
BuTaJIu4eK

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:53:44 PM

a letter or an E-mail?
E-mail  Cheesy
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:10:40 PM

By the end of the next week our production will start and I will have more information about the shipping date of your order.

No comments!  Shocked

wait a minute, the end of the next week Huh!!!! this is 9th of February !!! this is a 2 diff. retargets.... and add to that the shipping time !! now if cointerra start shipping this week we are seriously doomed Huh
RetroGamer

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:18:03 PM

Just as an example: How comes that a 1TH Desk Systems provides 1.5TH in Turbo mode while a 1TH Rig only provides 1.4THS. This is 10% less (or 20% "less Turbo" Smiley) Is this just a flaw on the Webpage or on purpose or just within the expected range of uncertainty?

Well, this OTOH I can comment on, since I am testing the chips.

Several things to take into account here:
1) Those preliminary power estimates were given based on GF's numbers on their processes and simulations. Those following the chip developments over the past 2 years know how those estimates can be quite in line (KnC) or 400% off (...). Whether the final chip will provide those figures remains speculation until you actually test the chip and measure the numbers.

2) The samples we have now under test are inferior re packaging compared to the final ones. This affects thermal properties as well as voltage supply restrictions. As a matter of fact, we were limited in the measurements we could perform so far and need to wait for the final chips for the remaining ones.

3) The numbers we were able to turn from expectations into facts are very good. At nominal clocks (800MHz) we pull like 1.1J/GH from wall. Deducting PSU and DCDC losses and considering sample chip inefficiency, we are at 0.6-0.7 J/GH at chip. While with the above limitation we can not yet test the other modes (turbo / low-power), we nevertheless pushed the chip to 1GHz clock and measured the expected 32GHps.

Generally my impression is that the chip is well in the announced specs, but given how sensitive folks are to facts, I understand why Bitmine waits for the final chip to present binding numbers.

@ Zefir
First of all thanks for all the info you here posting.
But that's the point here, no matter which small changes in the last weeks progress or setbacks are happening all this info we got from you and not from Bitmine!

And that is why we are the customers rightly pissed at Bitmine.

Had giorgio announced on 10/12/2013:

Dear customers, it does us very conductive but we are 2 months behind matrimonial target and the production does not start before the first week in February. We will come up with something very special to compensate them.

Then would certainly still some customers but I think the biggest part would understand.
do not you think?

You must surely have taught that if you like Avalon sticks his head in the sand and no information are the customers get angry.
Daveb0

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:44:38 PM

.. why do you ask for a statement here  Huh
I guess all customers from bitmine.ch should have the phonenumber .. just call .. and let us know  Grin

Well I did hope that that's what an official thread is here for - apart for accusing the manufaturer of all the nice things one can think of Wink
But in fact I did contact support about the inconsistencies on their homepage several times, and usually they did not really seem to bother or just stated that they will clarify, without getting back to me again. Of course this can happen in case the Support guys are under high pressure - thats why I gave it a try to use the official thread.
It actually took me about five emails that they updated the description of the rig (and the rig upgrade modules) from the old 150GH modules to the new 250GH modules.

Generally my impression is that the chip is well in the announced specs, but given how sensitive folks are to facts, I understand why Bitmine waits for the final chip to present binding numbers.
I was more referring to the Hashrate in Turbo mode than the power consumption (which, I know, is linked to the fact on how much overclocking you can do with the chips which again is linked to the power consumption - to put it in simple words)
I do assume that there is some uncertainty about the final performance of the chips and figures might have to be adjusted.
However I was just curious about the inconsistency they have on their page at the moment, if this is really just a flaw in the text or if they really expect worse turbo mode performance in the Rig e.g. since the Rig cannot dissipate the heat as fas as the Desk as the Rig is much more packed than the Desk.
RetroGamer

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:50:19 PM

No comments!  Shocked

wait a minute, the end of the next week Huh!!!! this is 9th of February !!! this is a 2 diff. retargets.... and add to that the shipping time !! now if cointerra start shipping this week we are seriously doomed Huh

I had already predicted on 05/01/2014!
Read my posts (with goggle translator :-)
No equipment before 10/02/2014!
elvizzzzzzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:54:51 PM

Just FYI, on checking the estimates I made when I ordered,
bitcoin difficulty is about three weeks behind where I expected it to be.

Preordering mining equipment is somewhat like betting on a horse
race - it isn't the time taken that is important, what matters is
the order in which they pass the finish line.
Gaglam

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:37:09 PM

And then they will have another excuse I think.

No comments!  Shocked
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:02:48 PM

Hashrate: 17,490,240 GH/s   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Why?
Our miners, not yet "made​​" and Hashrate increases at a breakneck pace???

I guess they do Mining on them for a long time!  Angry

Unlikely.  If you want to go down the conspiracy theory route, could be any vendor (Bitmine, Hashfash, Cointerra, BFL), but that seems pretty far fetched.

Most likely the hash rate increase is down to some secretive manufacturer(s) like 21e6 who only mine for themselves and don't sell miners.  What's the betting there aren't a few more operations out there like that who are so secretive we don't even know their name?

roy

Occam's razor does not agree with you.
It is way more likely that the people who are known to be building this equipment are simply maximizing their profit with it than that a secret manufacturer exists who is throwing all this juice into the network.
Your theory is way more 'conspiracy' based.

It's not a conspiracy theory - we know 21e6 exist and are well funded.  They are choosing not to disclose anything about their plans and progress in public.  Unlike ASICminer, I suspect 21e6 have a pretty small number of shareholders, who are all major investors.  So even if they give progress reports to their shareholders, it's fairly easy to keep it from the rest of us.
Blisk

Activity: 412

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:32:07 PM

If people forget there have been companies in usa on some address where nobody was. Companies with phone number and also some pictures of people which doesn't exist.
Somebody should check company by going there.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:34:05 PM

If people forget there have been companies in usa on some address where nobody was. Companies with phone number and also some pictures of people which doesn't exist.

except that this company really exist and members have visited them before....
Blisk

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:37:12 PM

ok than we sit and wait for people to get what they pay...
I expect more professional behavior from someone which I give 6.000$

segaklon

Activity: 246

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:44:13 PM

I add the last email you sent me BItmine.

My purchase was for five weeks in January and plans you see out there.

Antonio (Bitmine AG)

Jan 28 17:30

Dear Sir,
 Your position is 549,
 Your order will enter the customer protection plan for every 10 days of delay after the 10nth of February.

Thanks
 for your interests in our products.

Danke für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.

For any questions don't hesitate to contact us. In the meantime

Für Fragen sind wir jederzeit für Sie da.

Kind regards/MfG

Customer Service
ljp

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:44:53 PM

ok than we sit and wait for people to get what they pay...
I expect more professional behavior from someone which I give 6.000$

Yeah, Its a pity that most asic miner manufactureres don't realize that marketing their product involves more than just putting up a web page with an order form Sad
Blisk

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:00:19 PM

I have the same experiences with butterfly labs.
They don't give a shit about customers. They cancel my order and after wanting a refund they uncancel my order.
Also they didn't answer to my emails so I lost more than one month from first order queue, etc.

About bitmine they didn't aswer my email i send 3 emails.
Their exchange rate USD to BTC is insane high. So I decide not to buy from them even I can go there and pick it up.
Because when I can get this item, 1THash will be almost unusable.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:10:14 PM

They don't give a shit about customers. They cancel my order and after wanting a refund they uncancel my order.
Also they didn't answer to my emails so I lost more than one month from first order queue, etc.

Their exchange rate USD to BTC is insane high. So I decide not to buy from them even I can go there and pick it up.

if their exchange rate USD/BTC was really high then this was excellent, but I think you meant the opposite,in other words really low, in this case I call bullshit because they use Bitpay, and most of manufacturers and merchants uses bitpay, so at the moment you placed your order you would pay for the same rate and it doesn't matter if it was cointerra/BFL/hashfast/bitfurrystrikesback/bitmine.....

because bitpay exchange rate is known and anybody can check it before placing an order and when placing an order https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
Airwhale

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:29:58 PM

if their exchange rate USD/BTC was really high then this was excellent, but I think you meant the opposite,in other words really low, in this case I call bullshit because they use Bitpay, and most of manufacturers and merchants uses bitpay, so at the moment you placed your order you would pay for the same rate and it doesn't matter if it was cointerra/BFL/hashfast/bitfurrystrikesback/bitmine.....

because bitpay exchange rate is known and anybody can check it before placing an order and when placing an order https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates

Bitmine's exchange rate has always been 30-50 less USDs per BTC when making purchases for me,  as well. (compared to bitstamp)
BuTaJIu4eK

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:30:32 PM

And then they will have another excuse I think.

No comments!  Shocked

there is still nothing official. It's just somebody writing something in a forum.

I mean if there really problems, why don't they write an official statement to all customers and on their website?
It's just ridiculous what is going on. There is still no prove what so ever they are doing anything.
Fine they are maybe working hard 24h/7d a week. But we payed and they don't deliver anything.

It's just in interest of both sides and wouldn't take much time at all. But since Bitmine AG is just quiet, what is happening right now makes the hole thing look like a big fraud.

Screenshot mail

xray

Activity: 341

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:07:50 PM

I think you should go bitmine place order and seen the amount of Bitcoin then look at bitpay.
There is a big difference
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: