Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:53:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565015 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:50:34 PM

You can't plug a 3kW heater into a standard 110/115/120V 15A/20A circuit.

That's why you should use 240V circuits.

I just rewire my 120V outlets onto 2-pole breakers and voila.  I just be sure to label them and make sure I don't plug anything into them that can't take the voltage.

A bit safer would be to also replace the outlets with 240V-style outlets, and get 240V-style IEC cables:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-15P-to-IEC-C13-Power-Cord-3-Foot-15-Amps-250V-/111172349097
While I'm not against the idea of doing your own wiring, for most people that's not an option.
There's a couple huge caveats with what you propose if you do want to do it.
1) You should be the homeowner.
2) You should do a new run of wire to dedicated outlets. It's honestly not that tough, and most homes have god-awful and undocumented branch circuits. Better safe than feeding 240V to some random outlet you didn't know was on the same branch.
3) If you do rewire an existing line, absolutely replace the receptacles with NEMA6 ones. Leaving 240V on a NEMA5-15 is a disaster waiting to happen.

Seriously though, just set it up properly. I just replaced my old NEMA6-30 for an electric heater with a NEMA6-30L and bought one of these off eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171154216652
Not only does it let me run everything from a single 30A 240V breaker, but it can be easily wired safely and to code, it meters the current and so functions as a basic 240V KillAWatt and I get 10 proper 240V outputs that are individually switched and I can power cycle remotely through my network. For $50 plus the $30 for the new 6-30L, it's a pretty simple and cheap solution that's a lot safer than repurposing existing branch circuits to be 240V.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:00:40 AM

From the news section of bitmine.ch

Video of the working CoinCraft Desk prototype is now online

This time, we show a working prototype of the CoinCraft Desk, demonstrating that the unit is completely self-standing, that the mainboard and backplane design is done, as well as the underlying Linux-based operating system that drives the hashing units.

The video can be watched directly on our YouTube channel or here

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
grv

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:28:40 PM

can't wait to get my hands on it, ship now plz :)

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:33:56 PM

The video published today was taken 31 Oct (see dates and difficulty level at bfgminer screen).
The prototype uses hashing board which is emulating the unit - it is based on Bitfury chips (the worker at btcguild is "exion_bitfury").
It would be nice to have some visible signal (at least a blinking diode) of starting the system, until it turns on the display and the fans.
3DX4D

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:34:19 PM

So I placed an order last night for a Coincraft rig (500ghs, Jan delivery) and chose BTC payment. I was thinking I would take advantage of the recent BTC price and buy a miner for less BTC than I could a few short weeks ago,  I figure at 500ghs for a little over 4BTC it was my best bet and even with me receiving my unit in Feb I should still be able to reach BTC breakeven. Fill in all the details (didn't set up an account as I have so many stupid acc's and PW's, I just hate setting up new ones lol) and was directed to a screen that provided a payment address and required me to pay in 1 hour.  I paid within the  hour (5 confirms made it through in the hour).  Now the site indicated once my payment was received I would receive an email with more details about shipping date etc.  I did receive and email but and it starts:

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:

Please send your bitcoin payment as follows:
Amount (BTC):   
4.xxxxxx
Address:   
REDACTED
QR Code:   

Please note:

You must make a payment within 1 hour, or your order will be cancelled
As soon as your payment is received in full you will receive email confirmation with order delivery details.
You may send payments from multiple accounts to reach the total required.
Order: #30xx

Now I know its the weekend and all and these guys are busy and I don't want to bother them, but the email they sent said I have 1 hour to pay and I did not get the email with shipping details after I paid (6 confirms so the payment went through).  I am curious if this is SOP and if I will get the email with shipping details in a day or two, or should I email them to query?  I really don't want to add to their work load with a silly request, if this is normal I'll patiently wait no biggie.
Vanderi

Activity: 283

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:58:14 PM

So I placed an order last night for a Coincraft rig (500ghs, Jan delivery) and chose BTC payment. I was thinking I would take advantage of the recent BTC price and buy a miner for less BTC than I could a few short weeks ago,  I figure at 500ghs for a little over 4BTC it was my best bet and even with me receiving my unit in Feb I should still be able to reach BTC breakeven. Fill in all the details (didn't set up an account as I have so many stupid acc's and PW's, I just hate setting up new ones lol) and was directed to a screen that provided a payment address and required me to pay in 1 hour.  I paid within the  hour (5 confirms made it through in the hour).  Now the site indicated once my payment was received I would receive an email with more details about shipping date etc.  I did receive and email but and it starts:

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:

Please send your bitcoin payment as follows:
Amount (BTC):   
4.xxxxxx
Address:   
REDACTED
QR Code:   

Please note:

You must make a payment within 1 hour, or your order will be cancelled
As soon as your payment is received in full you will receive email confirmation with order delivery details.
You may send payments from multiple accounts to reach the total required.
Order: #30xx

Now I know its the weekend and all and these guys are busy and I don't want to bother them, but the email they sent said I have 1 hour to pay and I did not get the email with shipping details after I paid (6 confirms so the payment went through).  I am curious if this is SOP and if I will get the email with shipping details in a day or two, or should I email them to query?  I really don't want to add to their work load with a silly request, if this is normal I'll patiently wait no biggie.

They have some bug in their payment mechanism which they have asked to disregard, so your payment made it through. However, they are resourced to answer any inquiries promptly. You need to appreciate the fact that you invested quite a lump of monies and will be treated as such an investor aswell. So mail them.
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:46:12 PM

Maybe some one can light me in the right direction with the upgrade modules from bitmine.ch.
I have two questions:

1) the rig comes with 500 Gh/s, 750 Gh/s, 1 Th/s, 1.25 Th/s, 1.5 Th/s, 1.75 Th/s, 2 Th/s Hashing power.
The Upgrade for the rig is 150 GH/s. That does not connect, or iam missing something?

2)
The product detail page states:

"This will add 150 GH/s of nominal and up to 225 GH/s of Turbo mode hashing power to your system. Up to 14 modules per system can be purchased."

can you put 14 modules in a 500 also as in a 2th rig?

thanks
3DX4D

Activity: 65

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:48:02 PM

They have some bug in their payment mechanism which they have asked to disregard, so your payment made it through. However, they are resourced to answer any inquiries promptly. You need to appreciate the fact that you invested quite a lump of monies and will be treated as such an investor aswell. So mail them.

Thanks for the info, I don't remember seeing about the bug in this thread (obviously my memory retention skills need some exercising!).

I do appreciate the lump of money I have invested and I think I will shoot a quick email to them on Monday if I don't hear anything, just for a little piece of mind.

I'm actually excited to be honest all I have to do is mine back 4.5 BTC and I'm in the black, these guys seem pretty damn legit too.  I've been watching all the manufacture's since bASIC days (been lurking long time lol) and this is the first time I am willing to gamble my hard earned BTC on any manufacture.  For me personally not a single one has passed the mustard on price, delivery and CS as a full package.  These guys did for me finally, so I took the gamble!  Cant wait till end of Jan, late X-mas present!
grv

Activity: 177

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:52:19 PM

any idea about customs tax? normally i don't have to pay customs tax on shipments from within EU countries (since i live in a member country), but i have no idea what is the status of Switzerland in these kinds of transactions, because there are all kinds of business/political arrangements and agreements between countries in EU (european union) and non-EU european countries.
(Switzerland is from where the rigs will be shipped i assume, that would be another 20% on top of the original price with shipping costs)

  tips will be spent on ale and ladies of questionable character Grin
giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:48:25 PM

Whats this about needing two circuits? If in turbo mode it's utilising 3kilowatts, well thats only like having a 3kilowatt heater plugged into the socket... whats the difference?

Damien.

I admit it isn't very well specified on our product page, but the Rig design uses a single, high performance 3kW power supply unit with a single IEC C19 connector cable to draw up to 16A (at 230V). Hope this clarifies a bit  Smiley
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:51:09 PM

The video published today was taken 31 Oct (see dates and difficulty level at bfgminer screen).
The prototype uses hashing board which is emulating the unit - it is based on Bitfury chips (the worker at btcguild is "exion_bitfury").
It would be nice to have some visible signal (at least a blinking diode) of starting the system, until it turns on the display and the fans.

This issue was fixed in the latest versions of the mainboard, now when you turn the unit on from the ATX PSU, the display's backlight is immediatly powered on too to show that the unit is alive. We are working on speeding up the boot time of the OS, currently we're at about 10 secs, maybe we'll get something better in the next weeks but hey, my Linux STB takes waaaay longer to boot Grin
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:47:47 AM

This issue was fixed in the latest versions of the mainboard, now when you turn the unit on from the ATX PSU, the display's backlight is immediatly powered on too to show that the unit is alive. We are working on speeding up the boot time of the OS, currently we're at about 10 secs, maybe we'll get something better in the next weeks but hey, my Linux STB takes waaaay longer to boot Grin

Can you clarify the bit about the prototype using bitfury chips?  I thought in the video soundtrack it said it was a single CoinCraft A1 chip.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:05:23 AM

Whats this about needing two circuits? If in turbo mode it's utilising 3kilowatts, well thats only like having a 3kilowatt heater plugged into the socket... whats the difference?

Damien.

I admit it isn't very well specified on our product page, but the Rig design uses a single, high performance 3kW power supply unit with a single IEC C19 connector cable to draw up to 16A (at 230V). Hope this clarifies a bit  Smiley

If I have a 2TH Rig, how much power consumption draws from the wall? I live in north america which is 110V and 15A breakers, how am I suppose to power the rig as my maximum safety continuous power draw is 1320W considering should not exceed 80% of the circuit breaker's maximum amperage
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:04:11 AM

Damien.

If I have a 2TH Rig, how much power consumption draws from the wall? I live in north america which is 110V and 15A breakers, how am I suppose to power the rig as my maximum safety continuous power draw is 1320W considering should not exceed 80% of the circuit breaker's maximum amperage
Get an electrician to wire in a 220-240V 30A branch circuit for the rig.
FSB

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:21:13 AM

Bitmine.ch again stopped responding to e-mail about the execution of orders. Exclusively responsible for technical issues. One gets the feeling that nobody is going to send the devices...
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:22:32 AM

This stuff is hugely expensive compared to other future options.
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:59:33 AM

Can you clarify the bit about the prototype using bitfury chips?  I thought in the video soundtrack it said it was a single CoinCraft A1 chip.

In the video I mentioned that we're EMULATING one single CoinCraft A1 chip, I guess this is due to my very bad english Smiley we used Bitfury chips just because they were the only option available to create a test hashing unit and they're using SPI as we're doing for the A1 too.
giorgiomassa (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:01:58 AM

Damien.

I admit it isn't very well specified on our product page, but the Rig design uses a single, high performance 3kW power supply unit with a single IEC C19 connector cable to draw up to 16A (at 230V). Hope this clarifies a bit  Smiley

The Rig is a product meant to be used in datacenter or similar environment where you have adequate access to power. In case of a home usage, I suggest you to ask to convert your order to two "Desk" units instead, or as MrTeal mentioned, to call an electrician to setup a circuit with a higher Amperage breaker.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:35:15 AM

Thanks Giorgio, I have a 2TH/s Rig on order (batch 1, December delivery).  Can you please verify the power expectations of the various modes below?

Mode
- Hash rate -
- Power draw -
- Power efficiency -
Low
1.6 TH/s
1200 W?
0.75 W/GH/s?
Normal
2.0 TH/s
2000 W?
1 W/GH/s?
Turbo
2.8 TH/s
3000 W
1.07 W/GH/s

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
stevebrowne

Activity: 128

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:35:45 AM

I've had no response via email yet on my queue position, despite asking via email (ordered yesterday). Can you please email me with my queue position.  You should be able to tell my emails from my username.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: