Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565006 times)
oatmo

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:49:29 PM

https://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863

You said on your web site that you've licensed an exclusive-patented sha-256 work engine.  can you say more about which sha-256 engine youve licensed and what is its spec?

You also said that the process youve used is the Global Foundries 28nm HPP.... and that your voltage runs at 0.5, 0.65 and 0.75 volts, depending on low power, nominal and turbo modes?  yet these voltages are much lower than Global Foundries claimed voltages for HPP.  Is that intentionally running at much lower than the official voltage (0.85v) or a misprint ?

http://www.globalfoundries.com/technology/32-28nm.aspx

As a chip designer, let me conjecture an answer. They said that they are using low power transistors. That might help a little, but not as much as you are showing here. For all current manufacturing technologies, the digital logic gates can run at a much lower voltage than the RAMs. The quoted number will be what makes the RAMs work correctly. SHA does not need any RAMs to be implemented, so if they skipped using RAMs in all the other logic (the control logic which submits the keys to the SHA engines and checks he results), then they can get by with a significantly lower vmin on their part. This difference is significant enough that most major manufacturers will be using separate voltage rails for RAM vs. logic in new mobile chips (Intel,Apple,Samsung,Qualcomm,nVidia,etc.).

Hope this helps.

Oatmo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giorgiomassa (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:48:14 AM

https://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863

You said on your web site that you've licensed an exclusive-patented sha-256 work engine.  can you say more about which sha-256 engine youve licensed and what is its spec?

You also said that the process youve used is the Global Foundries 28nm HPP.... and that your voltage runs at 0.5, 0.65 and 0.75 volts, depending on low power, nominal and turbo modes?  yet these voltages are much lower than Global Foundries claimed voltages for HPP.  Is that intentionally running at much lower than the official voltage (0.85v) or a misprint ?

http://www.globalfoundries.com/technology/32-28nm.aspx

As a chip designer, let me conjecture an answer. They said that they are using low power transistors. That might help a little, but not as much as you are showing here. For all current manufacturing technologies, the digital logic gates can run at a much lower voltage than the RAMs. The quoted number will be what makes the RAMs work correctly. SHA does not need any RAMs to be implemented, so if they skipped using RAMs in all the other logic (the control logic which submits the keys to the SHA engines and checks he results), then they can get by with a significantly lower vmin on their part. This difference is significant enough that most major manufacturers will be using separate voltage rails for RAM vs. logic in new mobile chips (Intel,Apple,Samsung,Qualcomm,nVidia,etc.).

Hope this helps.

Oatmo

Thanks Oatmo for the very accurate answer, this is exactly what happens in our design.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:31:17 PM

can i come and visit u guys at your HQ ? anyone visited them ? Smiley
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:03:55 AM

Can I come too?

From today Im also an official customer  Cheesy
February week 2 batch #2

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:33:30 AM

Whats about
www.advancedminers.com

The website is down?! Please do not tell me that the hole bitmine.ch company is an scam!

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:19:02 AM

The website is down?! Please do not tell me that the hole bitmine.ch company is an scam!

They added DDOS protection by Cloudfare
fubly

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:39:22 AM

Which machines are sold in december batch, and when will they deliver the first 2 Th/s machines?

dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:43:06 AM

Hi @ll,

any news on time? Are we still on track? Chips should arrive when?

best regards
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:28:33 AM

Which machines are sold in december batch, and when will they deliver the first 2 Th/s machines?
December batch includes all CoinCraft Desk and Rig products - we're told delivery on last week of December.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
arorts

Activity: 408

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:15:02 PM

I'm order 3062 and they told me week 7 - wasn't happy as when I ordered it said week 6. And a week can make a massive difference.

BitMine - why is my order earlier but delivered later?

BitMine - please can I have an official response? My order number is 142 orders earlier, I have fully paid, and yet it seems I'm getting it a week later. What incentive is there for people to pay when queue position is NOT guaranteed.

If there is no official response, then I think people considering paying up front to get in the delivery queue should be very wary.

It is stated on the website, the position in the queue is confirmed only when the payment is cleared in our accounts. Some banks take less, some banks take more, if in the meantime there's a lot of pending orders (like it is the case these last days) then it may get shifted by a few days. Sorry but the only way to avoid this is 1) pay for your order as early as possible or 2) pay in bitcoins, in which case the position in the shipping queue is confirmed within a couple of hours.

Hi,

I still have a December reservation. I never received any emails that my payment was due as your newsletter had indicated before you removed me from being able to pay.  Can I pay it pleaaase?? :-( 

Thx
websmith

Activity: 152

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:01:48 PM

Did anybody notice that hosting now cost $600 per month? You pay 3600 per 500 GH rig and 3600 for hosting (6 months) so $7200 per 500 GH.
I think I do not want hosting any more. Probably it will be better to order one more mining rig for these money at another company.
Did anybody have problems with customs after purchasing mining rig?
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:09:32 PM

Did anybody notice that hosting now cost $600 per month? You pay 3600 per 500 GH rig and 3600 for hosting (6 months) so $7200 per 500 GH.
I think I do not want hosting any more. Probably it will be better to order one more mining rig for these money at another company.
Did anybody have problems with customs after purchasing mining rig?

I see it out of stock... but 600 USD/month is a bit steep even considering Switzerland's prices...

spiccioli
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:12:26 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 05:06:10 PM by mastahofdesastah

I'm order 3062 and they told me week 7 - wasn't happy as when I ordered it said week 6. And a week can make a massive difference.

BitMine - please can I have an official response? My order number is 142 orders earlier, I have fully paid, and yet it seems I'm getting it a week later. What incentive is there for people to pay when queue position is NOT guaranteed.

If there is no official response, then I think people considering paying up front to get in the delivery queue should be very wary.

It is stated on the website, the position in the queue is confirmed only when the payment is cleared in our accounts. Some banks take less, some banks take more, if in the meantime there's a lot of pending orders (like it is the case these last days) then it may get shifted by a few days. Sorry but the only way to avoid this is 1) pay for your order as early as possible or 2) pay in bitcoins, in which case the position in the shipping queue is confirmed within a couple of hours.

Hi,

I still have a December reservation. I never received any emails that my payment was due as your newsletter had indicated before you removed me from being able to pay.  Can I pay it pleaaase?? :-(  

Thx

Same here

Ordered 09.09.2013 under this option:
„as soon as your order is ready for assembling you will be notified by e-mail of the relevant link to confirm and pay the due amount.”

On 28.11.2013 it was deleted witouth a message.

After i asked why, i get this email today:

"Wird eine Bestellung nicht innerhalb von  5 Tagen bezahlt, dann löscht unser System die Bestellung. D.h. es muss eine neue Besellung ausgelöst werden."

Means that your reservation will be deleted after 5 days, if you not pay.
They let the reservation in my account for over 1 Month, now they say, 5 days is the max.

So no idea where they pull the 5 day's limit out. But seems that their customer protecion plan turns in Bitmine Protection Plan Smiley

Mastah
arorts

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:15:10 PM

Hi,

I still have a December reservation. I never received any emails that my payment was due as your newsletter had indicated before you removed me from being able to pay.  Can I pay it pleaaase?? :-(  

Thx

Same here

Ordered 09.09.2013 under this option:
„as soon as your order is ready for assembling you will be notified by e-mail of the relevant link to confirm and pay the due amount.”

On 28.11.2013 it was deleted witouth a message.

After i asked why, i get this email today:

"Wird eine Bestellung nicht innerhalb von  5 Tagen bezahlt, dann löscht unser System die Bestellung. D.h. es muss eine neue Besellung ausgelöst werden."

They let the reservation in my account for over 1 Month, now they say, 5 days is the max.

So no idea where they pull the 5 day's limit out. But seems that their customer protecion plan turns in Bitmine Protection Plan Smiley

Mastah

Correct. They LIED and never sent any email to confirm the due payment as they literally indicated above. They FAILED to send that due payment email. Hence, many of us LOST our orders because of their oversight! Now they should man up and allow customers that have reservations to PAY in the same queue!!. We don't want them to sneak and delete the reservations like they are now doing and then pretending that they expired. Well, guess what Bitmine? we did contact you IN ADVANCE prior to you deleting the reservations!.

Please DO FIX this issue so people with those December reservations can pay!!!! You figure out how to fix this. Thanks.
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:38:08 PM

Mastah

They announced some time ago that they had enough orders that people towards the back of the reservation queue would have no realisitc chance of ever getting a unit if they just waited until their queue position came up.  (Reservation queue was never a guarantee.)

They said for reservations that had no chance of every getting the option to buy, the reservations would be cancelled - but they would warn you and give you the option to convert to a paid order (which anyone in the reservation queue can do at any time) before cancelling the reservation.

Perhaps that is what happened here?
arorts

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:53:52 PM

Mastah

They announced some time ago that they had enough orders that people towards the back of the reservation queue would have no realisitc chance of ever getting a unit if they just waited until their queue position came up.  (Reservation queue was never a guarantee.)

They said for reservations that had no chance of every getting the option to buy, the reservations would be cancelled - but they would warn you and give you the option to convert to a paid order (which anyone in the reservation queue can do at any time) before cancelling the reservation.

Yes, that's what happened. Nobody is arguing that all reservations would be converted into paid orders. That's not the point. The matter of fact is that they did NOT warn/email on payment due to be able to act on reservation  (as they PROMISED they would) BEFORE canceling it. Now they are childishly saying "oh, sorry, we are full" .. Well, Bitmine, that's your f*ing problem. Now, do what you have to do and just honor your own statements to give December reservations option to order for that batch.  Oh, Bitmine, and don't try to sneak around and start canceling reservations.  As of just yesterday, my December reservation still was showing in green as if I had still the option to pay!
mo_mo

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:05:00 PM

Mastah

They announced some time ago that they had enough orders that people towards the back of the reservation queue would have no realisitc chance of ever getting a unit if they just waited until their queue position came up.  (Reservation queue was never a guarantee.)

Yes, that's what happened. Nobody is arguing that all reservations would be converted into paid orders. That's not the point. The matter of fact is that they did NOT warn/email on payment due to be able to act on reservation  (as they PROMISED they would) BEFORE canceling it. Now they are childishly saying "oh, sorry, we are full" .. Well, Bitmine, that's your f*ing problem. Now, do what you have to do and just honor your own statements to give December reservations option to order for that batch.  Oh, Bitmine, and don't try to sneak around and start canceling reservations.  As of just yesterday, my December reservation still was showing in green as if I had still the option to pay!

It's strange that you waited till now for notification and even to pay the order to secure your queue.
mastahofdesastah

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:24:51 PM

Maybe because my btc are worth the triple now  Wink

Mastah

It's strange that you waited till now for notification and even to pay the order to secure your queue.
arorts

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:29:03 PM

Mastah

I kept checking My Account every week and it kept showing reservation in green and I kept waiting for that famous email that never arrived on payment due. I'd have gladly paid whenever they said it was time. The only "strange" conspiracy or whatever shit here is their fuck up.
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:30:10 AM

I dunno, I'm in the pre-order queue.  No idea if I'll ROI but as long as I cover the bulk of the cost I don't really care; I mine for fun and to support the network.

But I'm in the pre-order queue because I always figured you'd have to preorder to be in with a chance.  This idea that you could be in this reservation queue that was behind all pre-orders ever was only ever going to work if pretty much no one pre-ordered.  And despite pretty much everyone saying they'll never pre-order anything from anyone ever again, we all know that's not how it will pan out - the pre-order queue will be full, and the reservations won't get a look in.  Or at least, that's how it might pan out - but who knows, maybe the market is (at least temporarily) saturated right now...

Not saying Bitmine didn't handle things badly, but not sure if there was really a right answer.  They had to offer the reservation model because the community was so vocal on being anti-preorder, but the reality (I think) is that enough people have/will preorder.

roy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: