Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:58:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565033 times)
Dino50

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:18:19 AM

All of the asic companies are playing with our money guys. I calculate with late every time since bfl...These delays are not due to supplier delays Im sure. It seems that this "3-4 months" till shipping yelling is something around because this is the 4th company I read of. I expect 3-6 months delaying but I hope I wont be right...I hope also that I will earn my paid btc again which has no point then of course to maintain and watch the machine all the time. But these companies are making us hope that we will earn more btc what we paid but wont, because they are running your's and mine machines now for themselves and I think thats why the late shipping all the time: they calculate your estimated btc roi and then they will ship (for example btc +/-10%) to not to be an unsatisfied costumer and buy again and again and hope and hope and hope...

Or else for what production do we have to wait 3-4+ months?? Seriously. If this company will screw Me after bfl I will never buy a unit again from any asic company.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:48:50 AM

blah blah troll blah

You must be really worried about HF to keep trolling everyone else's threads. Have you found out they really aren't shipping on Saturday?

Buy & Hold
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:07:16 AM

blah blah troll blah

You must be really worried about HF to keep trolling everyone else's threads. Have you found out they really aren't shipping on Saturday?

iCEBREAKER, the next time you go to see your doctor, ask him about the term 'schizophrenia'
I'm pretty sure he can reveal some very interesting news about your inner conciousness.
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:08:55 AM

delivery starting from the 16th December

Delivery has been delayed until mid January

What happened to the "Dec 16" shipping date?

Was there ever a real chance Bitmine could ship by Dec 16, or is this one of those 'promise to deliver early to get more $$$, then fall back on the fine print and deliver a month (maybe two months) later" bait-and-switch scams?

Is it too early to start talking to lawyers and demanding refunds of all the Bitcoins I could have been mining since Dec 16?

I can remember when the promoted their sales that they were talking about overdelievery (last week of November shipping), best manufacture, swiss punctuality & such shit. There are people now waiting over a half year for their miners  Huh ...seems again the next guys fucking their customers & look that their HW will never ROI.

If you look at their statements & finally the posting in their blogs you see that the chips are nearly a month late - when looking at the difficulty rise the last week & coming step, it seems somebody "unknown" has massive demand on fast new ASICs... but who knows. I copied this from their blog & now everybody can see - their date was 3. DEZ for shipping or NOV for overdelievery:

Code:
The complete units will be delivered in the first half of December 2013 while the bulk A1 chips are available to major buyers as early as from the last week of November 2013.

Code:
In the meantime, the pre-order queue will be the only available option and the shipping queue will continue to be filled till we reach the limits of our production capacity, although 95% of all deliveries will commence between December 3rd and December 17th.

Somehow hard to believe that story again, when you see the diff.-increase & nearly know to 100% that no other producer is shipping now... or did BFL start?  Grin joke of the week

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:29:53 AM

delivery starting from the 16th December

Delivery has been delayed until mid January

http://bitmine.ch/?p=4192

Was there ever a real chance Bitmine could ship by Dec 16, or is this one of those 'promise to deliver early to get more $$$, then fall back on the fine print and deliver a month (maybe two months) later" bait-and-switch scams?

Is it too early to start talking to lawyers and demanding refunds of all the Bitcoins I could have been mining since Dec 16?

Haven't I smelled your ugly troll breath in some other thread before?

There was more of a real chance Bitmine could ship than Hashfast on time, but we'll judge that from how many days delays they have compared to Hashfast.

The Bitmine Customer projection plan http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=850 is activated and as long as they stick to their terms, I don't see how lawyers could do any good.
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:01:09 AM

Oh didn`t read this... why you want to take a lawyer? In my opinion you should not buy mining equipment when you think your investment have to see a ROI.
No chance for a win in this situation - let`s say your speculation doesn`t went good at all BUT finally you should receive more hashing power as contracted. Situation is bad for everybody - so stay chilled.

The really painfull thing with bitmine - first they stated a lot of shit... like they are the best, look after clients, swiss punctuality, overdelievery in November, 3. Dezember & finally this whole thing turned all otherwise. All angry clients are fucked up due bitmines lack of OPEN communications (mail & phone support is good). Their blog is full spammed with uninteresting news (USA dealer, China dealer, & so on) - all interesting things turned out to be finally not true (delievery date for example). When I saw the video on 23. November I just feel that they are weeks behind their stated dates & plans - no way to get delievered this year or even see a return of my investment when paid a half year ago for a complete other product.

Mountains, cows, cheese, watches and high late technology: this is Switzerland, where Bitmine’s headquarters is located.

Simply NOT compare bitmine with Rolex, think they are a typical bitcoin mining hardware producer - till now nothing special & you are fine.  Wink

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:59:35 AM

IceTard what happened with Saturday (today) HF shipping?

Biterfly

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:21:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback.. i will make the arrangement accordingly...but the price of bc is so low, i am scared that this project will be a loss. I might have to mine other currencies. Can Any one confirm that we can use the bitmine coincrafts for mining sha-256 algorithm for other currencies that use the same like name coin etc...

I asked bitmine the same on the telephone about 3 weeks ago. And they reassured me that ALL sha-256 coins can be mined with their devices.

I have no idea how their web accessible linux will look like, I have seen no screenshots yet, they promised me screenshots sometime in the future.

I will get mine first week of february (I HOPE!!!!!) and make extensive tests, with pics and videos.

I asked bitmine the same on the telephone about 3 weeks ago. And they reassured me that ALL sha-256 coins can be mined with their devices.

I have no idea how their web accessible linux will look like, I have seen no screenshots yet, they promised me screenshots sometime in the future.

I will get mine first week of february (I HOPE!!!!!) and make extensive tests, with pics and videos.
[/quote]

With the delay and hashrate moving up, its seems like this is the only option. If i get my ccdesk and that is IF i get it, i will try to mine BC given the hashrate at that time, if not then i will try to mine other coins, if that works out then fine, worst come to worst i will sell my ccdesk on ebay and make a profit that way(one time that is)..keep us posted on sha-256 mining for other coins. If i find something i will post it as well...cheers
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 12:55:31 PM

With the delay and hashrate moving up, its seems like this is the only option. If i get my ccdesk and that is IF i get it, i will try to mine BC given the hashrate at that time, if not then i will try to mine other coins, if that works out then fine, worst come to worst i will sell my ccdesk on ebay and make a profit that way(one time that is)..keep us posted on sha-256 mining for other coins. If i find something i will post it as well...cheers

Please call bitmine.ch and ask them for screenshots of the system software too.

I wonder, have they atleast finished and tested the software?

Or will this be a last minute build of some mashed up linux?

I don't wanna be a beta-tester of such a system.

So please everybody, ask bitmine to show us screenshots of the actual mining software.

Biterfly

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:16:44 PM

Please call bitmine.ch and ask them for screenshots of the system software too.

I wonder, have they atleast finished and tested the software?

Or will this be a last minute build of some mashed up linux?

I don't wanna be a beta-tester of such a system.

So please everybody, ask bitmine to show us screenshots of the actual mining software.

Its weekend for them, i talk to carlos a few times and this new guy that they have hired. I will call them on monday and address all these questions. I have been able to get through to them everytime that i have called and they have addressed all issues that i had. Their production capacity is 50 units per day.

I dont know if they will be able to provide screenshots but i will try to ask them. The main quesitons i that HAVE they recieved the chips from their supplier yet? they are waiting on that right now or the last time i spoke to them ( 1.5 week ago). all else they said is ready and they will go full  production mode one they get the chips. 1 batch will be effected do to the delay but the subsequent batches will be on time, given their production capacity of 50 units per day i think they can  pull it off. however i will keep all posted once i do speak with them on monday 10am sharp their time.

I will make a post here regarding my conversation with them around early monday morning for western timezone, around 10am for European..i suppose..If you have questions, please list them here on my thread and i will right them down and see if i can get answers for them. and will post response here as well. cheers..
lclc

Activity: 298
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Association Switzerland

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 01:24:58 PM

Did they tell you they can produce 50 units/per day? Because in a email I've got from them at the 10.10 they said: "he delivery starts from 16th december, we estimate to be able to produce 10 units/day,"

50 or 10 is quite a difference. Huh

Biterfly

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:35:32 PM

Did they tell you they can produce 50 units/per day? Because in a email I've got from them at the 10.10 they said: "he delivery starts from 16th december, we estimate to be able to produce 10 units/day,"

50 or 10 is quite a difference. Huh

Yes they did, and i spoke this new guy they have hired, and hey confirmed to me over the phone that once the chips arrive they will assemble 50 units per day as their max capacity....And he said they will be doing 50 per day till all orders are fullfilled...and its a Quote..

If they work 10hour days they will have to assemble 5 units per hour amongst 3-4 employees to achieve this target of 50 perday. that seems reasonable...
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 02:02:18 PM

Its weekend for them, i talk to carlos a few times and this new guy that they have hired. I will call them on monday and address all these questions. I have been able to get through to them everytime that i have called and they have addressed all issues that i had. Their production capacity is 50 units per day.

I dont know if they will be able to provide screenshots but i will try to ask them. The main quesitons i that HAVE they recieved the chips from their supplier yet? they are waiting on that right now or the last time i spoke to them ( 1.5 week ago). all else they said is ready and they will go full  production mode one they get the chips. 1 batch will be effected do to the delay but the subsequent batches will be on time, given their production capacity of 50 units per day i think they can  pull it off. however i will keep all posted once i do speak with them on monday 10am sharp their time.

I will make a post here regarding my conversation with them around early monday morning for western timezone, around 10am for European..i suppose..If you have questions, please list them here on my thread and i will right them down and see if i can get answers for them. and will post response here as well. cheers..

Thank you. I will call them soon too. They always reply fast, and always answer the phone. So no problem there.

As you too wonder how we will be mining OTHER sha-256 coins with those devices, we should both try to find out how their specific proprietary drivers work with all the usual miners like cgminer etc.
And how connection with pools will actually work.

I asked them on the phone if I can hook up the device like an external USB device, and they said I would need to create my OWN driver to do so.

So many people probably don't know that: This device will more or less ONLY work with the software from bitmine. Good look trying to use the device without their software, or compiling your own version of cgminer, etc...

That's why I am so keen on finding out how their software will look like, and how I will be able to adjust specific mining parameters.
How will they update their software? On what regular basis?

I hope that everything will run absolutely automatic, me only entering the pool connection data (url, workername, password), no matter what coin....

But I am not sure yet.
I think bitmine themselves don't know how it will look like, because they don't have it finished yet.  Roll Eyes

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:08:05 PM

if anyone is selling a unit/wants to I would be interested in buying one of the December ones.

just shoot me a pm
Biterfly

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:38:07 PM

Thank you. I will call them soon too. They always reply fast, and always answer the phone. So no problem there.

As you too wonder how we will be mining OTHER sha-256 coins with those devices, we should both try to find out how their specific proprietary drivers work with all the usual miners like cgminer etc.
And how connection with pools will actually work.

I asked them on the phone if I can hook up the device like an external USB device, and they said I would need to create my OWN driver to do so.

So many people probably don't know that: This device will more or less ONLY work with the software from bitmine. Good look trying to use the device without their software, or compiling your own version of cgminer, etc...

That's why I am so keen on finding out how their software will look like, and how I will be able to adjust specific mining parameters.
How will they update their software? On what regular basis?

I hope that everything will run absolutely automatic, me only entering the pool connection data (url, workername, password), no matter what coin....

But I am not sure yet.
I think bitmine themselves don't know how it will look like, because they don't have it finished yet.  Roll Eyes

Good point you have made about the drivers, geo. Maybe its time for me to give them a business advise that will help us all out at the end and eliminate our efforts. They can come up with a custom driver that will allow us to mine other coins?Huh they can charge a small fee for it as well. let us download that software directly from their website. For them it would be another stream of revenue. I dont mine doing that because i am not tech--but certainly business oriented.

but let me speak with them tomorrow on this topic...criticality is once we do have a miner, can we mine other currency as a backup or a lifeline for our interests.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:23:48 AM

I can remember when the promoted their sales that they were talking about overdelievery (last week of November shipping), best manufacture, swiss punctuality & such shit. There are people now waiting over a half year for their miners  Huh ...seems again the next guys fucking their customers & look that their HW will never ROI.

If you look at their statements & finally the posting in their blogs you see that the chips are nearly a month late - when looking at the difficulty rise the last week & coming step, it seems somebody "unknown" has massive demand on fast new ASICs... but who knows. I copied this from their blog & now everybody can see - their date was 3. DEZ for shipping or NOV for overdelievery:

Code:
The complete units will be delivered in the first half of December 2013 while the bulk A1 chips are available to major buyers as early as from the last week of November 2013.

Code:
In the meantime, the pre-order queue will be the only available option and the shipping queue will continue to be filled till we reach the limits of our production capacity, although 95% of all deliveries will commence between December 3rd and December 17th.

Somehow hard to believe that story again, when you see the diff.-increase & nearly know to 100% that no other producer is shipping now... or did BFL start?  Grin joke of the week

I remember those overpromising promotions as well.

But be careful when you dare to criticize any ASIC company (that isn't HashFast) because people like Roadstress will stalk and harass you for such a 'sin.'  You might even have your fact-based post moved to 'Scam Accusations' and given an unkind "anti-Bitmine Trollfest" title.   Grin

IT ALREADY HAPPENED TO ME!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:59:59 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 12:57:46 PM by RetroGamer

I think we the company rename in self miner.ch
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:41:59 AM

I think we olten the company rename self miner.ch

this would be funny if it isnt so sad... :-|
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:15:54 PM

No news
No info
No emails
scheduled delivery was unfortunately for my devices of the 21.12.2013 + 10 day company-side default would be the 31.12.2013 and thus off the first 40 BTC.
I go by another 10 days delay off get 10% more power but the next leap period everything on and do another 39 BTC minus.
all together there are around 80 BTC of less and that are short in the BTC = 475 euro a minus of nearly 38,000 euros
Merry Christmas bit mine Cry
UzairHashmi

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:33:17 AM

Mining total-noob here: I have ordered the 2TH/s CoinCraft rig which will consume 3000 Watt in Turbo mode. I am concerned that at such high wattages there might be a fire hazard if one of the components in the rig decides to give up the ghost. What do you experienced guys think? Is this a valid concern? I don't have a basement or anything, just an apartment and I am planning on placing the rig in a corner of my living room.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: