Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30742 times)
martinpppp38

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:03:17 PM

Unfortunately we usually can't know until it's too late (or it's a bad scam ^^). Some dishonest people are very clever at making others believe anything.

Personally I'm suspicious when it sounds too good to be true (it's true in all domains of life).
Even with a super team and a super whitepaper, nothing is ever sure (I would rather look at big partners who could give credibility to the project)

https://token.snips.ai/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OculusMan

Activity: 1134
Merit: 547

Russian Translation

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:12:14 PM

It is very difficult to identify fraudsters especially without experience in the study of projects. It is necessary to look first of all at the team that the photos were real and social networks were not made just

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
hakunnamatata

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:46:44 AM

We discover that a few rip-offs ICO will even emerge having an expert group, great whitened document, and so on. However eventually, to complete the investigation online, because FUDs through customers truly boosts warning flags. Nevertheless, the telegram isn't any lengthier because dependable, since the admins can now remove the statements as well as stop as well as prohibit customers. This really is fairly apparent through a few ICOs which are fairly hyped, the actual Bee symbol, with regard to duplicating additional ICOs function, prior to the group purchase.

◖◖◖◖◖ RealtyReturns ◗◗◗◗◗
━━━ Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace ━━━
FACEBOOKREDDITTWITTERTELEGRAM ☞ANN Thread
pencilforceful

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:52:47 AM

first check the whitepaper and see if anything is suspicious (there are unrealistic goals, or the coin doesn't have a clear usage.) then check the founders, if you find a lot of "nonames" in the list then probably it's a scam too.
QueenCryptomarket

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:17:22 PM

It is difficult to identify fraud in the beginning of the project. The team together with the manager can actively show their work beautifully. A successful project will never be a fraud - they have money earned and they think about the future. In my opinion, the visible criterion of fraud may be that the project continues to sell tokens after the approved deadline for the sale of the project at the beginning.
hanoitree421

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:19:21 PM

To find out which project is a fraud, we need to find out about the project. Moreover, there are many experts in that field to understand and analyze in detail
seanjoseph

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:50:08 PM

It is so hard to detect scam ICO.
But i suggest you to do some research first about the project you want to join.
You can check their social media,  their whitepaper and website.
Also the team management.
It'll help ypu to avoid scam.
sakuragi21

Activity: 286

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:52:30 PM

Please check or see their admin if the admin is next to see that their project is good and if we have lots of support for ico and if their members in the group have such a test I think that ico is good .
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:39:03 AM

It is difficult to identify which SCO ICO is, because each ICO is intended for good.

For example like this:
- Famous developer team
- ICO rate corresponds to the market
- Has a good goal with its vision and mission.

But after not achieving Softcap sales and can say that the ICO failed or ICO Scam.
abbywem

Activity: 100

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:46:32 AM

Most of the time the scams are fairly easy to spot.  They are very sloppy and usually have an idea that is not that great and solves no problems that have not already been solved.  Also check out all their social media channels and monitor them.  You should be able to see the non serious projects over the course of a week or so.  It takes time but it can be done. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Williamgre80

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:56:47 AM

I will share you the sign for you to recognize a Scam ICO
Anonymous Team - A fake profile: If any ICO project does not provide clear information about the dev team or deliberately fake profile is a sign of a potentially malicious project.
2. Do not use the coin: If you do not understand the purpose of the coin, it is difficult to determine where the coin is coming from.
3. Sketchy Whitepaper: When referring to a whitepaper, there are two things to clarify: First, the project must provide specific and detailed information as possible. This will help the investor better understand the project and make it easier to make investment decisions.
4. Failure to provide contact: Contact information is essential to the investor. Commitment to profit when investing
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:57:25 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

If the Ico offer a good bonus percentage in their Ico pre sale that is a good way to make a profit, and if the ICO has a good roadmap and you think that they are going to be profitable then invest in their Ico, their are some coins that goes down when it hit the market, because of dumpers, you should allocate funds on both in my opinion.

danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:00:08 AM

Before joining ico or bounty, you should first read the whitepaper, the vision and mission of ico, the team behind the scenes of a project, and if you have been trapped in a scam, you can't do anything, it's better to move on to find another project . Just be careful, bro, which is important, especially now that the airdrop is rife, many who take advantage of this situation to trap us through pishing, must be more vigilant.
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:03:27 AM

Thank you guys. This topic is very on point. I never trust an ICO when it does not reveal the team behind.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pixstxbtm

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:05:52 AM

I think you can observe whether the community of the ICO project is active, because the inactive community shows that he has few fans and their promotion methods are also problematic!
Yorkshire

Activity: 176

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:51:14 AM

It is not that easy to identify a scam ICO as there are no specific regulations for ICOs in some countries of the world. In United State of America ICOs regulation falls under the jurisdiction of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Respectively, in Europe and the United Arab Emirate, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and the Financial Services Regulatory Authority released guidance on ICOs. However, the case is not the same for other countries like Nigeria but investors need to know a scam ICO. As it is with any other types of investments, if a promoter guarantees returns, if an opportunity sounds too good to be true, or if you are pressured to act quickly, please exercise extreme caution and be aware of a scam ICO.

ENCRYBIT.IO - Private Sale is Live! (https://encrybit.io/)
●Buy ENCX Tokens & Get up to 40% Discount●
danwanyd

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:54:36 AM

Before investing in any ICO to read their white papers, most fraudulent white papers attempt to create the world of dreams in the minds of readers. Look at the community's attitude toward it. Read the white paper carefully, and if there is too much overlap, it may indicate a lack of creativity on the part of the developer.
reijusama2583

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:01:07 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
Well seriously speaking it is hard to identify whether a certain ICO is a scam or not but base on my own evaluation I must see whether the manager of the campaign is well known, because if it well known it if easy to say that it is already a legit because the manager already made a name in the industry compare to the anonymous manager it is hard to tell. I also get some advice from the people who have already a lot of experience in this kind of business and also I research thoroughly so that I will have no regret in the end.
iwamoto77

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:04:09 AM

Read the white paper, watch the development team, the real use of the token, also watch traffic on Alexa, pay attention to the project Manager.
Tetew50

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:12:47 AM

In my opinion, how to find out ICO fraud by analyzing the ICO. I used to use SWOT analysis. From this analysis, I can find out the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that exist in the ICO. From this analysis, I can consider whether the ICO will have a better chance of success or failure. That's the simple way that I do it. Another way that I do by looking at whether the ICO has whitepaper or not. If the ICO does not have a whitepaper then I rate the ICO as untrusted and will not join or follow the ICO. Lastly, I prefer to buy coins on exchangers rather than at ICO because I rate the coins in ICO as not yet 100 percent trusted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: