Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30742 times)
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:40:12 PM

You don't need to know how to distinguish between true and false ICO, giving up ICO investment will make you richer, ICO project is now over, no one will invest, few ICO projects can be successful but you can't find them, other ICOs are bragging, white paper Both are deceptive.
do not be so categorical. 5-10 percent of your deposit can be allocated for investing in ICO. a good project can bring you very big profit
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heleng05

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 05:52:37 PM

I am not pro in knowing if the ICO that I will choose to invest is a scam but what I experienced is that even they have a promising projects and active team members in their launched currency. I can't say it is legit ICO what I think about those people is they make it their regular job because most of the scammers now are really smart and hacking other investor's investments is their only want to do. That's why trust in yourself of reading and researching ICO that you gonna invest is the best way to know.

Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 05:55:44 PM

actually, the way is very easy, you just need to check in detail the ICO concept, the people behind the ICO project, and the ICO target market.. and according to my experience, most scam ICO projects are ICO projects whose target market does not make sense.

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:06:35 PM

You don't need to know how to distinguish between true and false ICO, giving up ICO investment will make you richer, ICO project is now over, no one will invest, few ICO projects can be successful but you can't find them, other ICOs are bragging, white paper Both are deceptive.

Do not understand why you said that, if the ICO cause everyone to lose money. Why are there so many big investment funds in the ICO, people like us are just small investors, and that our losses will be much smaller when compared to investment funds
elcezireex

Activity: 532
Merit: 151

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

It's not a certain thing but I do these to avoid scam ICO's. Look for developers team, see any of them did any ICO's back then and what is that ICO's success rate. Look their whitepaper sometimes it gives some clues about the scam or not. How many people on their bounty if there is a bounty and I don't trust to the ICO rate sites.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:07:10 PM

no one can guarantee the success of ICO, we can only minimize errors in choosing ICO by following your predictions. but some of the characteristics of ICO fraud are that they have an unclear team and therefore you should consider the team in choosing ICO. find teams that have experience or have good records at ICO.

thinkme1st

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 07:30:54 PM

Do your research before investing in a ICO. Look for the team members, their experience in Crypto, study about the product and look for the ratings on different ICO rating websites.

furball64

Activity: 271

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:10:33 PM

It's complicated. Now the cheaters have learned how to make very attractive projects. It is best to look at information about the amount of money raised at the stage of preliminary investment. If he collects a lot of money, then other people believe him.

Masatos

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:17:03 PM

only through your experience can you understand the fraudulent project or not and in no other way you will not understand

█████████████████████ SWINCA █████████████████████
Real-Estate Finance Revolution: BUY SWI
https://www.swinca.io/
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:18:57 PM

To protect yourself from ICO scam that you invested make sure you know aall the information make sure you you review that because in simple reading and analyzing you can know if this project is scam or not so better to this way before investing.
Vika0170

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:28:19 PM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
It is becoming more and more difficult to recognize scam ICO. They learned how to disguise themselves well. But the first thing I look at in the project is the community in telegram chat. If there are some bots, it is unlikely that there will be what good.
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:29:42 PM

To protect yourself from ICO scam that you invested make sure you know aall the information make sure you you review that because in simple reading and analyzing you can know if this project is scam or not so better to this way before investing.
Sometimes it becomes difficult if we are inexperienced, let alone fraudsters very neatly cover their lies. Experience and knowledge are very necessary, do not arbitrarily join Ico without analysis. It is better to consult with more experienced people.

CryptoMoar

Activity: 450
Merit: 107

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 10:40:02 PM

it's quite difficult to avoid ICO scams. because now there are too many ICOs and most ICOs are now scam. but we can do several ways to avoid ICO scams. although in fact this method also does not guarantee.
1. Before joining ICO, study and understand the whitepaper seriously.
2. check who the team and dev developers are. the dev has been known to be honest or not.
3. check the sales of the softcap are successful or not
and for beginners I suggest investing in coins that have been registered in the coinmarketcap. this has a lower risk than we invest in new coins.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:25:58 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

Be careful with ICO that have high ROI and good promises in their main sale. A normal ICO won't have high ROI, unless their token/coin price hyping later.
When you buying in ICO, i guess you will buy with more expensive price than when it listed on exchanges.
Maybe you can buying using some part of your money on ICO main sale, and later some in exchanges once they listed to average your cost.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
megaplage

Activity: 320

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:43:06 AM

Find yourself some aggregator that will evaluate projects and give your recommendations and listen to them. This is the easiest way not to stumble upon scams on the net.
BillyBelmonte

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:04:58 AM

I always read white paper and look at the road map. Often, fraudulent projects do not describe their activities in too much detail and they do not have calculations about the possible capitalization and profit.
cctv0

Activity: 344

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:24:39 AM

This is very difficult. Some scammers are very professional. Their projects are doing well, including white papers. These can make you want to invest immediately after seeing the impulse, but in fact the project itself has nothing to do with the white paper, so I gave up the ICO. Investing in bitcoin is the most sensible way.

BruceJu

Activity: 378

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:28:01 AM

Fraudsters always show us many potential ideas, but they are not implemented, so we can analyze the strength of the project team, the product sales channels and the authenticity of technical support.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:30:40 AM

If an ICO project never reveals team information, you should be cautious and don't even have much hope for this project. I suggest you go to the exchange to buy tokens, and the price is very cheap now.
LukkasG

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:43:35 AM

First of all let's separate SCAMs and unsuccessful ICOs.
I agree with the majority of the comments in this thread that you first need to check white paper and team members.
1. In 99% of SCAM projects don't have real/valuable idea or business use case, which really need a blockchain to solve something.
2. As a rule, there are no people in the team with serious experience in the relevant field. That is, you need to check the command profile in the social networks like Linkedin, Facebook, etc. And pay attention when profiles were created.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: