Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:57:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30742 times)
Kimahrironso

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

Each ICO project has certain development benefits. In addition, there are many risks that can not be predicted. "Scam" is a very sensitive word, and probably the one we will want to avoid most when investing in the electronic money market. Before investing in any ICO project, the first thing we need to care about is the development team. But their names, positions, degrees do not measure the quality of the team as people often mistakenly, but the previous projects that they have made and succeed. Any ICO project that does not explicitly provide information about the dev team or deliberately fake profile is a sign of a potentially bad phishing project. A sketchy, uncluttered, low-level whitepaper is a testament to the attitude of the team to the project they are trying to call for. How can they do great things even if their whitepaper is superficial

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Harrsionrangers10383

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:14:48 AM

Scam ICO? No, there is no clear sign of a scam ICO. But there some my red flags:

- Fake team profile
- No contact details
- The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals

And i think in this time, you shouldnt buy ICO. Just buy some strong altcoin and HOLD
Freyacrescent

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:20:07 AM

10 signs recognize a scam ICO
1. Anonymous Team DEV - fake profile
2. No use for coin
3. sketchy whitepaper
4. Do not provide contact
Commitment to profit when investing
6. Use sentences that are passive, engaging
7. Use a lot of buzzwords, also known as "cutting the wind"
8. No roadmap (development trip) or yes that is not realistic
9. No demo products
10. Intuition
Kramblerty

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:24:51 AM

SCAM ICO could be identified by a simple review during which you should just follow these steps:

Step 1) Is there a well-developed prototype or a working product (soft)? if not then go away. if yes, go to step 2
Step 2) does it has escrow? if not then go away. if yes, go to step 3
Step 3) does the soft cap was already raised.  if not then go away. if yes, then enter a token sale or participate in bounty.
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:28:34 AM

I have prepared a checklist for this purpose. Please check it out;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3756325.msg37046725#msg37046725

ivsem

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Our future BTC

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:30:03 AM

SEC Make announcement
  Information from the SEC (US Securities and Exchange Commission) has spread. · Interpretation as a "fraudulent act" with a significant change in the roadmap after the ICO. · Even if you do not change, the ability to handle similar cases when development is delayed significantly. In the above cases, there may be days when ICO participants can sue the project.
 https://twitter.com/Ryugunsun/status/1041819853802176512

The SEC is working on problems
heavensuperman

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:22:01 AM

Make sure you know what you’re doing and remember to never invest more than what you can afford to lose. If you want to get winding in the blockchain operation, but you are not sure how to spot a ICO token scam from a true innovative project, here are some easy tips:
Research the team:- This is very important. Who is behind the operation? Is the team made up of well-known members of the digital assets community? Are they known in other areas? Have they been involved in previous program? If the answer is yes, then this may be an interesting moment. Just remember to check if the person is actually aware of the project as swindler may use famous names just to get people interested even though these are not part of the team.

Look for a whitepaper:- Whitepapers usually describe how the platform works both on the high-level and individually. This often includes charts, calculations, simulations, specifications and so forth. If your project suit that it is domicile some sort of decentralized service or ICO with new appearance and actually provides no explanation of how it works individually, then just close the document and walk away.

Benchmark their progress:- Scam projects will often make bold claims about their product even though said operation offers nothing new or rowdy. It’s not likely that a certain blockchain arena or cryptocoin will end poverty, fix global warming or replace the internet.

The info provided on the HashGains ICO site and in the whitepapers is very detailed and broad. These are broad indication and inherent reasons as to why HashGains ICO (HGS) have become so obviously popular among the masses.
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

if you want to get a lot of profit but the risk is very large you can join ICO because you can buy coins at very cheap prices, but losses can be experienced because prices are sometimes lower than ICO prices, but if you buy in exchange wait when all bounty hunters sell coins because when also the price of the coin will reach the lowest price
euodiasuryani

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:43:59 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

Start with the whitepaper, you can clearly get an idea about are they trying to achieve something natural or something just a fantsy.

Focus on the team and advisors.

Stay safe

How about if we check that ico listing in one exchange, so is it not scam? many thanks
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:30:41 PM

Sometimes it is enough to enter the "project name scam" in the google search box. However, most people are lazy to do even this thoughtlessly taking part in similar projects and then complaining that they received a red trust for nothing. But the most cunning scammers will certainly be well camouflaged and to identify them you need a deeper and more detailed analysis.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
gudrun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:21:32 AM

Unfortunately we usually can't know until it's too late (or it's a bad scam ^^). Some dishonest people are very clever at making others believe anything.

Personally I'm suspicious when it sounds too good to be true (it's true in all domains of life).
Even with a super team and a super whitepaper, nothing is ever sure (I would rather look at big partners who could give credibility to the project)

Yes, scammers will never say they will scam you. Every plot has been planned so ahead, they are a group of scammers and they are smarter than anyone.

Strategic dashboards can also be an organization or agency drawn up without any agreement with them, most probably with projects supported by other major platforms such as NEO, ADA, ETH ...
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:25:46 AM

Thank so much
Buy coins on the Exchange is safer than you imagine, there are only two obstacles, namely: the price is down or DElisted.
If you invest in ICO, there may be many obstacles, for example: Fraud at the beginning of investment, a very long Coin to enter the Exchange and Coin after direct listing of Dump.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:31:58 AM

You must always make contact with the manager, if possible. because you have to know about the development of the project from the manager ico directly, or from their team. if there is no answer, we can be sure it's a scam.
gathingbrus

Activity: 209
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:42:20 AM

in fact there is not a special sign that indicates that the ICO scam. for it was during this time even ICO which also runs a scam, as does the ICO. so it will be difficult for our analysis.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
glasbren

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:54:50 AM

I believe we've just able to check on the indication about those scam project.
What i do is by checking their team, concept, wallet transaction, website and the announcement  itself. When i feel something isn't right in one of those then I choose to leave it behind.
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:39:38 AM

Here are some tips: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/how-to-identify-scam-icos but there are some projects which are not obviously scams, you should be careful.

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:48:00 AM

Scam ICO usually have a fake team, we can find it image on google, also scam ICO always required KYC for bounty hunter

phungkimkhai

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:56:01 AM

Thank so much

If you are newbie in this market, you don't know to analyze a project, I think you should buy it when it is listed on exchange, that will be better for you, of course you won't get much profit like you buy ICO but it is safe
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:57:54 AM

For me the me the main criteria is availability of the information. when there is anything clear about the project, team is known, project details are visible, then the risk that the project is scam is reduced. I am also looking at IcoGuide.com rates, they are realistic for me.
Dhaniii

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/hgxNNiA.png

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:02:59 AM

actually knowing ico is a scam it's difficult, because a scam is when ico doesn't give a token after we invest. ico scam is usually known when the ico sale has been completed, at that time ICO will look a scam if the team or manager does not answer the questions in the grub, there is no reply, maybe not even give their tokens to investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: