Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:24:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30742 times)
Dr.Sponge

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:58:50 AM

To protect yourself by knowing a scam ICO is a great thing for you especially if you are a big investor  but I would rather just leave crypto because it is not very safe.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 12:01:35 PM

To protect yourself by knowing a scam ICO is a great thing for you especially if you are a big investor  but I would rather just leave crypto because it is not very safe.
Leaving  crypto industry knowing that this is a great opportunity for all investor is a huge mistake. We have seen this industry booming the global trend, why do you need to quit after then? Its only not safe for those who invests without knowing the project at all, those who can easily caught on scammers web.
overnight03

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:06:19 PM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
At this point, you should not join ICO because of the high risk, you will lose all your money if you invest in a scam project. You should buy coins on exchanges that will be better

zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:42:37 PM

BTW was good project ,but nowadays coming scam ICO's mostly and investors not investing in ICO,s, most of project dead, so if you wants to invest in ICO than first you should check all social media links ,ico ranking sites,bitcointalk thread and other things before invest.

prororo
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

SIGMA

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:56:38 PM

Thank so much
first, unattractive product
second, there is no demand and there is no hype in the project
third, a team that was never seen and did KYC.
and also sometimes there are problems the team and make the team disband and the project is abandoned

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:07:58 PM

Thank so much
third, a team that was never seen and did KYC.
and also sometimes there are problems the team and make the team disband and the project is abandoned

dont judge the book by its covers  . unattractive does not always mean it wont be a hit . 

not all hyped proects are legit or will last a life time  . most of them are only being manipulated a.k.a pumped and dump  .

also sometimes there are problems the team and make the team disband and the project is abandoned

this is normal and can happen also on legit ico's that are already running  .  it will cost you alot of time if you will wait this things to occur , in order to determine if an ico is scam or  not  .
attech21

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:16:26 PM

Basically the ico with low investment and low quality tokens are the scams also the not attractive ico projects. but be careful on the attractive ico projects also because they use attractive team and ways to scam the investors.
so the best to do is to review the ico well fn do some research.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:17:06 PM

Leaving  crypto industry knowing that this is a great opportunity for all investor is a huge mistake. We have seen this industry booming the global trend, why do you need to quit after then? Its only not safe for those who invests without knowing the project at all, those who can easily caught on scammers web.
When the crypto will get its traction again and they must pay more and it doesn't look good at all. Just try to make sure everything has already verified by the trusted party to make sure there will be no scam ico again and this is the only best thing to do right now.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:18:52 PM

when we follow ico rating websites we will come to know most of the ico the ico rating websites rate the ico companies so we can relay on their ratings
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 01:20:13 PM

First of all, you should keep in mind that majority of ICOs are scam. Its hard to pick the right and successful one. For scam ICO, you can read their whitepaper, check their websites, make a small background check on the developer and check for its transparency.

btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:26:36 PM

First of all, you should keep in mind that majority of ICOs are scam. Its hard to pick the right and successful one. For scam ICO, you can read their whitepaper, check their websites, make a small background check on the developer and check for its transparency.

Yes, it is very hard to price the right one in the market because most of the ICO listing websites are providing good rating and some times it is impossible to find the potential in the begining of their crowdsales. We came to know only when the real work will start after the crowdsales, every company will act as a professional in the begining of their crowdsales.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2019, 01:28:01 PM

Thank so much
Through knowing if their team is legit, checking the originality of their whitepaper, and simply by trying to communicate them if they are talking to you professionally or not. If they response not well, better to doubt on the legitimacy of their project because if they are legit, they'll value every people that are asking them even it's investor or not.
indriasyifa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:35:38 PM

At present there is no tool that can detect ICO fraud, but there are prerequisites to know that ico is a scam or not, based on my experience in assessing that ico is successful, the first thing we should consider is long-term ico. secondly, a solid and trusted team, third, must have a target market, and fourth, never believe that have to send your private key address.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:01:58 PM

Thank so much
In my own point of view, to know if an ICO Is a scam or not is by checking and reading every detail in their whitepaper and websites because you can see if that project is great and to see if you are getting suspecion with it.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:14:36 PM

Thank so much

Here are the facts or tips for us to know if the ico is scam:

- If they have no clear website
- The whitepaper must be informative and realistic
- The team or the owner/developer are not transparent or anonymous
- Sometimes the allocation budget is very deceiving something like that.

- It is much better to buy in the exchange rather in ico, You know why?
  It is because once you buy in the exchange, immediately you can do trade anytime you want.
  unlike in the ico, you can only able to play trade when their ico project ends or finish.

GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:18:53 PM

Getting to the analysis of the project first of all I try to study the members of the team and confirm their authenticity and find out whether they are really involved in the development of this project.
Utuhikan

Activity: 630
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:39:17 PM

Thank so much

I will share my way of knowing whether an ICO is responsible or just a scam. I will make an analysis of the selected ICO by showing the advantages and disadvantages of the ICO, the opportunity for the ICO to succeed, and the threats faced by the ICO. The analysis contains what the ICO's objectives are realistic, how the ICO road map is, and also who the team works within the ICO. This simple way that I usually do. Hope you can help.

▔▔▔▔▔
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 04:52:05 PM

Thank so much

I will share my way of knowing whether an ICO is responsible or just a scam. I will make an analysis of the selected ICO by showing the advantages and disadvantages of the ICO, the opportunity for the ICO to succeed, and the threats faced by the ICO. The analysis contains what the ICO's objectives are realistic, how the ICO road map is, and also who the team works within the ICO. This simple way that I usually do. Hope you can help.

it is not that easy to know from the start a scam ICO project, because a scandalous ICO project is always known at the end.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:06:15 PM

Thank so much
It is now hard to know if an ICO is scam or not because mostly ICO projects are now scams and unsuccessful, so it will difficult to predict if it is legitimate. If you want to know if an ICO project is scam or not you better check if the team members of that project can be trusted or not because maybe they only shows fake information.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2019, 09:56:27 PM

Just do much research on the project and try to find the gaps within it. For the buying of coins it all depends on you, for coins already on exchange you could tell and estimate your gain but with that of ICO you don't really know how it will go and even some projects even never get listed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: