Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30742 times)
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:20:46 PM

Now it is really very difficult to understand which project is fraud. Although if you wish, you can take into account some criteria and factors to reduce risks for investors. Including, it is necessary to study the information about the development team, the roadmap, the proposed technologies and the development strategy for the future.
It is not difficult at all if you spend at least few hours of your life before you invest money into project. Just imagine it is not ICO and you are investing in company which is in your country. You would probably go to the building and their office and talk to people who works for them before investing, there shouldn't be any difference between that and investing in ICO. They can create live conference so investors can ask them all things they need to know and to know they are really talking to the real team. It is not difficult at all, every legit project will agree to live conference and will create video presentation to show investors they are serious.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:24:01 PM

It has become quite tough to differentiate scam ICO now. Earlier, rating websites used to be transparent in their analysis. But now they too just sell their ratings. Moreover, it is pretty easy nowadays to build a perfect website, even a temporary app as an MVP and write down a perfect whitepaper. What I usually do is to wait till the end to check how many investors were there through the smart contract address. I believe more the number of investors more reliable the project.
Jateng

Activity: 1260
Merit: 148

Think Different

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:30:59 PM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

I think it is difficult to determine which ICO is a scam or not. Scammers nowadays are so good at hiding. They manipulate and eliminate every single possibility that it is a scam.  Bounties are very good, as well as ANN thread and its whitepaper. As much as possible there will be no sign of scam.

tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:50:35 PM

I think you should pay attention to their team because the team is very important, if their team is strong, their project can be successful . You should not invest in project when  their team is unknown or not strong
ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 05:14:03 AM

You know, scammers are so well trained and so badly want to make money that they create projects far steeper than the real team p.
jhache

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:05:12 PM

Thank so much
Buy the coin on exchanges, I do not understand all of the hype on the icos because when the coins are listed on the exchanges the price are always falling. If it is a project that did a bounty campaign then once they pay out to the bounty hunters they are going to dump and the price is going to fall which is the best time for you to buy a coin

EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:14:57 AM

In today's crypto market, it is simply impossible to completely eliminate the risk of fraud and failure when working with ICO. To minimize such risks, you need to pay attention to the development team, development strategy, project technologies, whitepaper and data of various ratings.
organelles

Activity: 350

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:21:27 PM

There are different ways to try to point out scam icos. Thinks like unsustainable projects, there is also the fact that scam projects have a tendency to not have a face behind their projects and when they do, most of the times the face is not theirs or the face of anybody involved in the project. They also have some kind of unreachable goal to raise money

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:26:33 PM

Thank so much
It is usually very difficult to distinguish a good ICO from a scam ICO. Sometimes it seems that the project is very good, promising, developing, and then at one point it turns out that he scam.
iqrasalsabila

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:02:16 AM

I  think you will know a scam ico, if:
1. Developers or Startup Companies that hold ICOs are Anonymous (unknown to anyone in the community), nor known but do not have a   good reputation.
 If the people behind the ICO do not consider the importance of their own reputation, they tend to feel safe when doing SCAMMING.
2. Ico Does not have Escrow for contributions of crypto token.
3. Unrealistic goals.
If a project does not have a clear and realistic picture, it means the people behind the project do not know what they are doing.
4. Lack of transparency to investors about the stages of project work, minimal release of code snippets or issuing demo (beta) versions of their products.
So to know more clearly ico can make us always wary with a variety of investment instruments that are rampant lately.
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:08:14 AM

Thank so much

It is very hard to identify legit ICO's. What we do is we check on the ICO team members and developers. The substance of the projects also matters. 
Angi

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:14:42 AM

I cannot predict a not scam ico because a lot of ico's now if not a possible scam they are runner, some of them have a product and good response to their investors and members, but at the end they will run and let the project abandon. so for now I will not much more believe to ico's that will promise to give you a big profit.
Kirovatido

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:19:23 AM

to avoid fraud, you must know various things about the project. You have to know what the product is, how it works and who the team is involved in the project. there are still many things that lead to scam projects, and there are many more characteristic features of ICO fraud, you should be more careful to join.

both are equally good and that depends on which you think will be more profitable and safer, which obviously all have risks.
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:31:54 AM

I think it is not the best idea to invest in ICOs today as their tokens are very unlikely to cost more than ICO price after hitting exchanges. If you do want to invest in ICO, you should firstly check the team members profiles and the whitepaper of the project.
darefreads

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:41:30 AM

I think you do some researched about some ICO's you want to invest with your money but if your not probably sure about yourself in choosing to invest in that project. I suggest you to find a trusted bounty manager that managing a trusted ICO's I mean they don't choose those ICO that gonna waste their time and I am sure you can get a better earnings to that ICO that the bounty manager choose to managed.
R9s

Activity: 406

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 07:49:44 AM

Unfortunately, if the ICO project is a scam, it's hard to be 100% sure of it's true and false, because the fraudsters are getting smarter and they are making the perfect scam!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Lolox

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:15:22 AM

It can't be instant for you to be able to find out ICO is a scam. You need time to continue to observe the development of the ICO. Usually, the ICO will show its identity when it has been running a few weeks later or already has enough investors.
For now, you should use the money to buy coins. Then you can join ICO for free. That will be more profitable.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:25:55 AM

Thank so much
99,9% ICO's are scam's
How to know its real deal? Wink
1. The Developers Are Anonymous
2. The Token Does Not Have a Clear Use Case
3. The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals
Don't waste ur time in ICO's

I think 99.9% is just an assumption and not reliable information. Although it is really true that there a lot of scam ICOs in crypto that difficult to determine due to complete details. However, if you do deeper search to the project you will found out that the persons are fake, the whitepaper are just copycat, the telegram community are just fake. Everything is fake so the tendency result is waste of everything.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 08:46:25 AM

You don't need to know how to distinguish between true and false ICO, giving up ICO investment will make you richer, ICO project is now over, no one will invest, few ICO projects can be successful but you can't find them, other ICOs are bragging, white paper Both are deceptive.

cryptomax217

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:14:00 PM

Just make sure you read everything and that they have a legitimate team.  It's very easy to create a website and fake personalities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: