Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my friends still think Bitcoin is scam and Ponzi  (Read 1500 times)
Equity0924

Activity: 173
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:26:33 PM

That kind of thinking will not be removed on a person's mind as long as nothing proved it to them. Ask them to try or show them how you do things here, so that they can put some interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:29:29 AM

Dear all,

I just heard some of my friends chatting in a gathering and they think Bitcoin is scam and Ponzi. I just give them a smile and wish they will educate themselves a bit.

So, I would like you to give me some suggestions, how I can give them some hints with soft words which can change their mind or at least give them some more space to think twice?

Smile on them was the right action to choose. no need to get offended.
you can tell them about bitcoin and other crypto with cool head, and they will be understand someday.
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:37:53 AM

some of my friends think the same. they talk every time about a bubble and about ponzi and so on. they don't see what bitcoin really is. they don't want to see that bitcoin is a new and good system, to send money to other people worldwide without any banks or other people. a little bit i can understand they, i had the same thoughts in the beginning, but after some time i understood bitcoin more and more and never thought again bitcoin is scam or ponzi. hope my friends only need time to understand it.
fransbenotius

Activity: 139

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:46:02 AM

Yes, sometimes my friend too because there are a lot of scam in bitcoin too, sometimes the bounty is scam, or sometimes the invest is scam too. So we need to be careful about bitcoin. But another, bitcoin can get you another income so it will help you in economic
josephine85

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:47:30 AM

Dear all,

I just heard some of my friends chatting in a gathering and they think Bitcoin is scam and Ponzi. I just give them a smile and wish they will educate themselves a bit.

So, I would like you to give me some suggestions, how I can give them some hints with soft words which can change their mind or at least give them some more space to think twice?

This is true to me. I even heard some says that its on the news, that Bitcoin is a scam. But, I have many friends too that can prove that Bitcoin is not a scam because they are actually earning from Bitcoin and even able to buy things they desire for themselves. How could some say that it is a scam when in fact there are living proof that they are earning from Bitcoin. And I am about to earn from it too.
Stosil100

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:38:13 PM

My friends also think that bitkoyn is fraud. I think that they have such an opinion on the lack of information. People always have suspicions if they do not know something or are ignorant.
mitchel_am

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:32:08 PM

There are many negative people who would spread fake news just because they are not well informed or they do not have enough information to make a clear opinion about bitcoin
weston4mills

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:56:40 PM

Bitcoin a scam and ponzi? I've been hearing this a lot. These are the kind of people who will stay at the same level in their life, they are afraid to develop

Stockus Trading Platform— Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook • • TelegramMedium  ◆
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:27:45 PM

If you know nothing about bitcoin. You will think its a scam and ponzi. Thats what happen to me. But because of my ignorance in bitcoin. My curiousity drives me to study bitcoin. And through this forum i learned about it. If i where you just tell your friends that before they think that bitcoin is a scan and ponzi. They should know bitcoin first.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Hsinglien123

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:31:26 PM

I try not to mentioning cryptocurrency unless they are really interested in a subject.  You don't want to be the reason for their financial trouble
MaleKing

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:36:59 PM

Dear all,

I heard that many times, not from friends, but from the media.
I tend to think that people which have no idea how technology works decided to actually talk bad about crypto.
There were some investors (which I strongly believe have no idea how to use a computer) that claimed Bitcoin & Crypto is ponzi and that's it. Bull!
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:49:54 PM

Well, I did ask you what you have learnt so far in the Bitcoin it self. Taking  a cue from your stand because I was once like you. The best way to convince them is from your earnings and real social marketing works you have done to earn
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:53:28 PM

Then let them be. You don't owe them nothing and an explanation as to how bitcoins are not a scam. Let them be ignorant of the fact that bitcoins will eventually change the whole game of money. Eventually, they'll find out that bitcoins are great and they'll be all looking like idiots for thinking bitcoins are actually ponzi schemes.

InahC

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:26:17 AM

Don't mind them, don't stress yourself with what others think on bitcoin.
If still, you want to enlighten them, you should be knowledgeable enough to explain things or at least to prove that it is not a scam.

❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram▲      Medium  Telegram▲    Facebook▲      Twitter
chaa123

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:12:03 AM

Well, it can't be helped if people think of bitcoin that way because there are people who simply won' t try to understand no matter how hard or how valid your argument is. In such cases, just let them be. Rather than exhausting your energy explaining to them, use it instead to increase your knowledge and understanding in bitcoin. Not only you are helping yourself, you are also increasing your knowledge on this field which would be really helpful in the long run...
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:23:08 AM

Well, it can't be helped if people think of bitcoin that way because there are people who simply won' t try to understand no matter how hard or how valid your argument is. In such cases, just let them be. Rather than exhausting your energy explaining to them, use it instead to increase your knowledge and understanding in bitcoin. Not only you are helping yourself, you are also increasing your knowledge on this field which would be really helpful in the long run...

I do not blame your friends and family for misinterpreting bitcoins. I blame the fud starters, the government, media and Bank institions.

The government fears it, rather than adopting it, its hell bent on messing it up and destroy it.

Media is one of the biggest culprits out here, in the age of digital it has severely dented bitcoins with fud news.

Banks could work side by side and gain so much but all they care is of their monopoly, hence they do not support it.

I would suggest you to get their attention to Japan, show them success stories of bitcoins. Use info graphics and charts to drive your point home. Better give them few dollars in bitcoins to play with.
Nkan25

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:23:45 AM

I wouldn't even bother because they are set in their ways. You can't force someone to change their mind if they aren't willing to hear arguments or debate. Ever try listen to different political groups argue? All argument, no change in beliefs.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 06:28:49 AM

We have the same situation,  for the firstime I introduce bitcoin to my friends, they said it is ponzi scheme. After I invited them to join in airdrop or bounty in bitcointalk, they earned money and they are very thankful to me that I introduce it to them.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
svendoto23

Activity: 218

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:46:26 AM

Dear all,

Almost everyone who is new in the industry of cryptocurrency thinks the way it is, Every time they hear the word BITCOIN/CRYPTOCURRENCY is next to the word scam/fraud because it is being used by exploitative people that are taking the advantages on other people who don't fully understand how bitcoin and cryptocurrency work. If you want your close friends, relatives, and co-worker fully how bitcoin works try to explain it in a simple way and not on a complex that they can't understand.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Wylie330

Activity: 258

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

No kind words for a close-minded people that will make them believe about Bitcoin. Because if they are really not interested in it, they won't bother to listen and understand what you are trying to teach them. It is better not to force them. Just do your own business. But if one day they realized the beauty of our crypto world, then that is the time you'll help them by all means.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: