Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my friends still think Bitcoin is scam and Ponzi  (Read 1502 times)
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:49:01 PM

because of the fudd news and fudd blogs and reviews telling that bitcoin is a scam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:13:46 PM

Let them think what they want to think about bitcoin because there is no way for their belief to change and they will stay negative out of bitcoin and will just become positive if they will see that bitcoin is mooning again and for sure that bitcoin will prove them wrong because even in the first place, bitcoin is not a scam and a ponzi and a lot of people can prove that.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:04:32 PM

Hi,

Maybe one good solution is to try to adopt their point of view.

"Ok, let's say that bitcoin is a Ponzi. I have invested money in it, so I will certainly lose money. But there are some actual opportunities.."

Maybe this can help them to understand your point of view...

severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:11:22 PM

I think that the recent crash can be taken as a prove that bitcoin is not a scam and not a ponzi. If it was, it would have collapsed. No system that is designed to remove money from many and give it to just a few would be able to survive a downfall like we have seen. I think that the recent crash proves that bitcoin can be seen like a company. The shares can go up and down, but behind it stands a decent economical construct.
Abete

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:13:46 PM

I often meet people who are not convinced of the existence of Bitcoin, I try to explain slowly until I also explain what is Blockchain. From where they try to listen to every detail of me, and now these people are unwittingly playing bitcoin.
Generalbablita

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:16:11 PM

Well the easiest would be to direct them to this forum and let the threads speak for themselves.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:19:01 PM

Let them think what they want to think about bitcoin because there is no way for their belief to change and they will stay negative out of bitcoin and will just become positive if they will see that bitcoin is mooning again and for sure that bitcoin will prove them wrong because even in the first place, bitcoin is not a scam and a ponzi and a lot of people can prove that.
Yes.We don't have to convince them to never think negative against bitcoin,it's their choice so let it be.But once you have made already huge profits from bitcoin,show them what you've got like how far have you gone from bitcoin.They can see it with their own eyes that you've made lot of changes already in your life.Maybe this time they will change already their perspective on bitcoin.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:38:52 PM

At first I have lots of friends who do not believe in Bitcoin or other digital cryptocurrencies and they thought the same thing. What I did is I proved to them that is is not a scam and many do create Ponzi schemes to get money out of other people but told them Bitcoin is not that at all. I would suggest you to let them see what you have been doing, like for instance in this forum and let them know what Bitcoin really is. And you have to also have knowledge with what you want to educate them because of course how can you teach them or educate them when you yourself lack education out of it too. So first thing you should do is educate yourself first, once you are confident already in what you are doing and you are earning then apply what I have suggested but if it still doesn't work for them then just let them be.
Noilee

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:49:48 PM

Well, that's true that there are people don't believe yet in btc. That its not easy to explain to the people who have no knowledge about bitcoin. Its better to talk seriously to them and discuss well so that they can understand. I think its better to tell them that its on your self if you believe it or not, the important is you give them idea how to invest and you show them the prove that its true, its not a scam. Give more time to advice them always. There are many ways so that they believe, so don't stop to convince them until they start to invest.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:48:24 PM

Even i heard this kind of stuff from many people. But i ignore them and just tell them that its all market based theory , we will see ups, downs and corrections and all kind of stuff. Somebody not knowing how the market moves cant be explained of the price theory instead they should go to some financial bank institutions and get the stocks traded instead. Thats all i can say for them.

This is pretty obvious to happen, specially people with old minded thoughts does considers it to be scam and ponzi, and not only bitcoin but the whole crypto currency system, the blockchain. I believe we can't do anything extraordinary to make them believe, the media and the government would do it for sure, may be not today or tomorrow, but in near future for sure. Governments can't deny blockchain and cryptography.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:56:22 PM

You can try to explain to your friends what bitcoin is about. But if they are close minded and refused to accept, then let it be. It is hard to change someone mindset.
sumangs

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:05:02 PM

Dear all,

I just heard some of my friends chatting in a gathering and they think Bitcoin is scam and Ponzi. I just give them a smile and wish they will educate themselves a bit.

So, I would like you to give me some suggestions, how I can give them some hints with soft words which can change their mind or at least give them some more space to think twice?

Make your friends educate themselves. Scammers are just using bitcoin as a ponzi scheme but overall bitcoin have many different purpose. Maybe tell them that it is one of the bitcoin's uses. But even though it has bad usage there is also a good usage. They are just looking to the bad side and not doing research at all on what things that bitcoin do convenience to its users. Bitcoin maybe doubtful, yes, but it is not an excuse to destroy its name to new users.
nikjain422

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:13:27 PM

Dear all,

I just heard some of my friends chatting in a gathering and they think Bitcoin is scam and Ponzi. I just give them a smile and wish they will educate themselves a bit.

So, I would like you to give me some suggestions, how I can give them some hints with soft words which can change their mind or at least give them some more space to think twice?
Every person has it's own perspective and thinking.Not everyone can think in same manner.People who think bitcoin is scam has probably have some misconception regarding bitcoin and we can clear that.But some have their own stories like one of my friend from india think that bitcoin was made by Indian businessmans to make their black money,which are their in foiregn banks to white through bitcoin.Which was not only stupid but illogical and you can't even explain to them as they are not ready.Soo we should avoid negative people and should earn profits.

ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:33:53 PM

Dear all,

It is very difficult to convince someone to something they no longer believe in.
As much as you explain to them, they simply do not want to understand it.  Huh Undecided

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:40:56 PM

Thats normal and we still meeting such people everyday almost, I excuse them because they are victims of strong media platforms which fight Bitcoin and crypto currencies since many years. Try inviting them to this forum and let them learning the right infos about Bitcoin , maybe they will change their minds.
semenencoa

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:41:05 PM

Most people thinks like this only few millions have another opinion! The world is not ready for cryptosystem, everything starts like this. Internet was just a network for some small group of people, now its worldwide network!
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:41:56 PM
Merited by DannyHamilton (2)

I do not think it is even necessary to try to convince closed-minded people. It will only do you harm than good. Just think of it this way, their opinion on Bitcoin does not affect your Bitcoin investments. You will not make money from them. So that is just it. As they say, learn to choose your battles. This move, of course, does not mean that we are silenced by these people; it only means their opinions do not change our situations, so why even bother?

Try not to mind them unless they engage you in a conversation. But take note, you never win against those whose minds have been closed for quite awhile.

About being a scam and ponzi, you might as well want to refresh to them the definition of these terms. That way, they will realize for themselves how Bitcoin fall short on the characteristics of those.  
Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:49:01 PM

Dear all,

It is hard to change the mindset of other people when its about Bitcoin or cyrptocurrency. But one thing I observed about them, they dont have the capital for investment and they are resistance to the ide aof bitcoin. My advice for you is not to be involve with them because they might scare you away. Just keep on working on Bitcoin and show them all the things you have achieve becaus eof Bitcoin. Sometimes, what you see is whta you get.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ashikerrez

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 07:50:18 PM

And some of my elder brothers still think that bitcoin will go under 1k and then it will be vanish like Mavrodi Currency in Russia. They don't belive in bitcoin , they asked me that" Tell me who is the leader of bitcoin, from where bitcoin is managing? Why i need to invest in bitrcoin where i don't know who is the owner of bitcoin: But when price was 19k, They told me that if i bought some btc then now i can be millionaire but now when bitcoin under 9k they are saying again that , That highly pump was just a hype and now bitcoin will go for vanish!

Actually, Do not care those people.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:53:05 PM

I dont understand how bitcoin can be a ponzi. It is not a platform that promises weekly and monthly interests on their money. Buying and holding bitcoin is like buying an asset or a property the only difference is that is it virtual and not physical asset. It is like buying gold and holding it and the only difference is that gold is physical and it doesnt make much differencs in price so the possible profit is not also that big.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: